When you call, mention priority code 14N8-TDLR

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Spider Jam Amp

Behold the future of practice amps! Spin a sonic web with 250 artist-created amp modeling/FX presets, 100+ loopable backing tracks and a built-in recorder.

"Try it - you will like it!!!" submitted October 24, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Music Style: rock, country, jazz, pop
Sound: It is, for the money, the best sounding amp I've found. The clean is great, blues sounds like blues, and from there it starts getting wild! It sounds great low but I have found I have to tweak it a little, like most amps, when I get up to club level. I'm not sure I'll buy another amp!! Feature: The music tracks are really great for practice and they include a wide variety which gives me a lot to work with at any given time. Ease of Use: I used it for a month before I really got into some of the "finer features". Quality: It seems well made. Nice fit and finish with no problems. Value: The value is there. Manufacturer Support: I've not needed anything other than the online support which has answered all my questions. The Wow Factor: If you want a true practice amp that you can also gig with - this is it.

"Line 6 Spider Jam spins amazing audio web ever..." submitted March 11, 2012

By Paul Barry in Chesterfield, NA
Overall
Musical Background: 42 years playing guitar professionally for first decade, then jam at home with the odd public performance.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, some folk
Overall: As an ageing ex-rock/blues guitarist who has had friends and family clubbing together to buy me a 1,000 Gibson SG for my 60th birthday (2 years ago), I became aware of the limitations of the small practice amp I was putting it through and decided to look for something more substantial. I wanted something to match the high quality of the guitar. Whilst in Scotland visiting my son (a much better guitarist than me) over Christmas 2011, I tried his Line 6 amp with my Gibson. Wow!!! It was amazing. I loved the sound and and the various tones and effects of the amp - remember that in my day a Marshall stack with Wah-Wah and Fuzz pedals was the leading technology and that I hadn't really followed the development of amps. Anyway, once I returned home, I set about looking for a suitable portable amp and decided upon the Spider Jam. I am still exploring the sounds and effects, but can confirm to anyone interested that I am already more than satisfied with its ability to deliver any sound that I want as well as having the inbuilt facility to provide backing (either from pre-recorded tracks or from backing that I place on the memory store built in to the amp) to my various attempts at emulating Santana, Hendrix or BB King. It is a superb piece of kit and is suitable for small/medium venues as a performance quality amp or for producing the sound you want before a large professional PA pumps out your dulcet (or raucous) guitar tones to audiences in any size theatre. Buy one - you won't ever regret it.
50 of 51 people (98.04%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Ultimate Guitar Practice Amp by Line 6" submitted March 21, 2008

Overall
Sound: This IS the future of guitar practice amps! From crystal clean to death-metal distortion, Line 6 has faithfully captured the best sounds of the POD effects line into one powerful and amazing guitar amp. The pre-recorded backing tracks are top quality and cover an amazing range of styles from Country to Jazz to Blues to hard core Head Bangin' (great job Line 6) Feature: You need to splurge for the FBV shortboard to get hands-free functionality, but it's definitely worth it! The ability to lay down multiple guitar overdubs along REAL backing tracks is really fun and TOTALLY ADDICTING. One very cool feature is the RCA jacks that allow for separating the jam tracks from the original guitar signal which gives a realistic "on stage" experience. I'd give it a "10" if it included a few more features such as: tempo-independent pitch transposition of jam tracks, smart card digital transfer; MIDI capabilities and better effects control using the pedal board, etc. Ease of Use: Totally easy- it took me barely 5 min. to start wailing away..Buttons and controls very intuitive. Quality: Good sturdy basic-amp construction. Brand new, so I can't yet comment on durability. The Celestion 75W speaker should be adequate for small venues, but this amp really shines in the practice venue. The cab is open back and is light weight too. Value: For under $500 and all these features, this is a great value and will likely raise the bar for guitar amps in the future. Manufacturer Support: No issues to report..works perfectly so far. The Wow Factor: Totally sexy- Guitar->Amp->jam->60 sec->cashier. This amp is so cool that I doubt Line6 will be able to make 'em fast enough! Overall: Line 6 has truly raised the bar for guitarists with this little amp! Would buy it again in a minute. Line6 is reportedly considering our suggestions for feature improvements and I would not hesitate to give it a perfect score in the near future
86 of 90 people (95.56%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I love My Line 6 Spider Jam!" submitted July 18, 2011

Musical Background: Long time Hobbyist, have recently started playing in a band
Music Style: Classic rock, 70's funk, 80's rock
Overall: I love my Line 6 Spider Jam amp! I play in a 4 piece garage band and was having a problem being heard with my previous amp so I was searching around for an amp when I came across the Line 6 brand. I started looking around the net and found zZounds and saw the 4 payment option and was sold on it. I'm now having to throttle back on my volume so as not to overpower the rest of my group and and one of my bandmates actually told me he was impressed with my sound and playing since I bought this new amp. The shipping was first rate. I bought the amp on a Saturday night and was playing it the following Wednesday! Tahat's what I call customer service. I now recomend zZounds to all my musician friends for their instrument needs!

"A Handy Amp for All Occasions" submitted March 3, 2014

By a customer from gmail.com in Kenton, OH
Musical Background: Recording artist, stage performer
Music Style: rock, rock-rap, metal, blues, acoustic rock
Overall: I've been itching to get my hands on one of these after a couple test drives. The good side is its a box full of 75W amps, a handful of ok-ish pedals ready to go right now, quick and easy to get into jams and drum loops for anyone. Most people can get into 1/4 to 1/3 of the prerecorded tracks at least, which isn't bad for a preset list. With update to 2.0, you can change key and tempo independently. Very handy. I have the shortboard and it makes a lot of difference. Add a Mic or another instrument for in house practice, great to intro the new guy and work out material. If 75W and a tweeter doesn't flesh out enough sound, add a small PA to it and an sd card with backup song files (backup only plays in pa, guitar plays only in amp) and you have a one man band in hand. The bad side is more mild disappointments than anything. Even with all the tech, a POD recording still comes out very dry. You can, however, redo your track a hundred times until it's just right, then record it mic'd afterwards. That sounds fine. The sd card can be no bigger than 2gb, but it doesnt fill up as fast as you would think. When it does, dump it to the laptop, clean it out, go again. Recording on it takes a minute to figure out, a few things like appending to the end of a track or being able to tell a drum track to "end" like with a closing fill or whatever, were things I wanted to see. But, that's what the real drummer is for. Two guitars sound fine out of the same setting, but to add a bass instead, you need either a pedal or an amp with line out. The sound does not hold up well on its own, despite what is advertised. Not everything I wanted, but still more than I expected. This is the must have writing and practicing tool for any guitarist, and a performing tool if you know how to use it.

"F**KIN Awesome people" submitted September 25, 2012

By bill b in davenport, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player for 41 years, some drums and keyboard. I jam at home.
Music Style: hard rock. Black Sabbath, Boston, etc. Mix it up with everything else.
Overall: This modeling amp is the ultimate 21st century creation. I used to play through 4 50 watt Marshall heads to get this kind of sound! WOW!. Plus I can jam with a band at home right in the amp. The recording feature is awesome too, great for doing harmony lead parts with yourself! I highly recommend it.

"You won't be disappointed with this baby!!!" submitted August 19, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: Retired Pro
Sound: I've been out of music for twenty years after a ten year career playing professionally. This was the right ticket for "getting my chops" back up to speed. The tones are incredible and the included tracks make jamming a blast. Ease of Use: I would rate this higher but there are a few features that I'm still trying to work out. Overall I plugged it in and started using 90 percent of all the features. Value: Simply put - this is a great value purchase!!

"If you don't own this amp, in the very least go somewhere and give it a try. You will not be disappointed with it's features an" submitted April 22, 2011

Musical Background: Moderate Musician
Music Style: Mostly Rock
Sound: What I especially like is that I can turn the volume down to a comfortable level where I do not bother anyone else and still get a great sound both clean and distorted. Feature: I love all the features, that is the reason I chose this particular amp. The only feature that I would like added is to be able to download and add effects to the amp, in the same way as you would update your firmware. Maybe a few free or purchasable effects packages downloadable from the line 6 website. Ease of Use: It takes only a few minutes to understand, and you will quickly be going through its various settings in no time. Sometimes the directional pad seems to go up instead of right, or down instead of left etc, but that may be to my large fingers, so maybe separate buttons for the directional pad would be useful. Ex: like the x y a b buttons on a nds. Quality: it is too soon to tell for me but I sometimes worry the selector knob that rotates fully in either direction may wear from frequent usage. The amp looks great and seems well made. Value: Yes, besides the features, the price was also a major factor in this purchase. If anyone who wants to look up the price of this amp a couple years ago will see, that the price of this amp has gone down considerably. Manufacturer Support: I've had no experience with the company because i've had no fault with the amp. The reason I gave a rank of 8 was because I could not give a 10 without actually having experience with them yet. The Wow Factor: Flashing buttons, large lighted buttons, LCD display, a geek guitarist's dream. oh and rugged tough outer shell helps too, ha! Overall: I expect this to be likely my last amp as long as I can get any life out of it. I do not play in a band, its just for home use only. Although I'm sure it would adequately perform at small gigs.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great amp, Pandora's box of wizardry." submitted May 4, 2011

Music Style: Rock, pop, blues
Sound: Excellent sound, remarkably "valve-like". The noise-gate is an invaluable addition - completely quiet when not playing. Loud enough for jamming/small gigs. Feature: No pedal included - would be nice. Ease of Use: A LOT of options. Why isnt the settings/descriptions listed in the manual? There are hundreds of them! Without a complete list, the best sounds are "stumbled upon". Great presets though. Out of the box, you an pretty much just plug and play. I use it in a poorly lighted setting, and find the screen difficult to read. Text is tiny, and not well visible at an angle/from more than 50cm away. The two way dial-plus-nintendostyle-rocker-switch combination can be confusing, and takes a little getting used to. It would be great to have these settings adjustable over a PC interface. Also, the multi-option dials (eg echo/tremolo...etc all different quadrants of the same dial) are a bit limiting. Great that the seting is displayed as a bargraph on the LCD as well when adjusting. Quality: Sturdy, well constructed. The shiny knobs are not my taste, but does suit the overall style I suppose. Would probably hold up, but not designed for use on the road, I wouldnt think - pen box design, lots of knobs to damage, dent or fall off. Value: Got it on sale - almost 40% off RRP. Definitely good value at this price. Also - geting a bit dated, not had any firmware updates recently. Manufacturer Support: Nice web site. Havent needed support. The Wow Factor: Definitely a "let-me-have-go" device... great to show off. Overall: More features than I need/see myself using. I'll buy a more "purist" amp next - no gimmicks and wizardry. And pair that with computer based loops and backing. Until then (faaaaarrr in future) this is all I need!

"Line 6 Spider Jam Guitar Combo Amp" submitted November 19, 2012

By malcolm m in dyersburg, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I play for the enjoyment of it and jamming with friends. I play a Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Series
Music Style: Little of everything i.e.; Hendrix, Page, Clapton, Kreiger, my favorite ever- David Gilmour of Pink Floyd. Nirvana, Pearl Jam,
Overall: This amp is exactly as described. I love mine. The songs that are all pre-installed on it to play along with along with the downloads from their site make this well worth the money. You get a lot with this amp at a low cost. I recommend it.

"Great amp highly recomend purchasing this product" submitted May 9, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: No tips on makeing it sound better its great for what I need at this time, I love how it sounds and how you can get a different sound just by turning a nob. Feature: Yes it has accessories that i havn't used yet, The music tracks and the vase veritiy of AMP selection to choose from, The Aux input for an extra guitar, only because I havn't really try to make it work. Yes I wish i could down load well know songs sounds from my computer to my AMP that wouold be cool. it has a great selection of components and very easy to use them I have found. Ease of Use: as easy as turning a nob, couldn't be more easy if you tryed. very easy just turn on or off differant nobs and you have changed the sound, piece a cake. I don't know how easy it is to use with other product at this time this is the only porduct i have, other then my Guitar of course, there is a little learning curve, the Manual gets you through it pretty easley, its great for instruments i love it i just wish i lived in a place where i could turn it up louder to see what it really can do. Quality: Yes very well make it looks to me, great quality control as far as i can see, great finish no loose parts or cosmetic Blemishes, so far very reliable i have packed it in my car many of times to go jam with frieds and have not had a problem, plug it in and Jam, yes i feel i can depend on it and don't worry about something breaking, dont have a back up yet but don't feel in need one, yes i feel this AMP could be used on the road for sure, Its very heavy! it will last as long as you want, as long as you are not abussing it. Value: Yes it's worth the price and is a great value, Manufacturer Support: I haven't had the pleasure of talking with the company that build this product, yet so can not oomment on this, the company that sold it to me is great that would be "Sweet Water" i have not had to repair my AMP yet no!! have not needed any service!! The Wow Factor: I love how it looks, the color is great the design is great looking, Aesthetic are great its versitily is what makes it so great Overall: for years and years to come, I have plans to add to it with an FBV pedal board i may someday seek out other product, for different sounds, but i will always keep this product as my main search i did a lot of reseach before buying this product and it seemed to me to be the best buy for the money and had more to offer of the money, and was a superior product. yes it well meets my musical goals i would replace it, there isn't anything out there like this AMP in my opinion with the feathers that it has and the versitily it has nothing i knew everything needed to know and had played on a lot of other amps and this one was the best for me. there are so many things you can do with it i love that. its very heavy!!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Line 6 Spider Jam Guitar Combo Amp" submitted November 19, 2012

Overall
Overall: Tihis combo amp is just what I needed to help me in learning to play electric guitar. It also is a great guitar for those who already know how to play and need a combo amp for practice or small gig. The options you have with this guitar combo amazing and for the cost, I found no other that compared to it.

"A Beast in a Box" submitted October 24, 2008

By a customer from windstream.net
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist who is starting to build a home studio.
Music Style: Rock, Metal...
Sound: I've had this amp for a while now and still haven't got bored with it. It sounds amazing and with hundreds of different preprogramed sounds, you can't stop. What makes it awesome is creating that perfect sound for that song and saving it in the user bank. Feature: It's got so many sounds that a pedal isn't needed! Yeah, maybe in the future, you'll want to get a pedal for even more sounds but it is not needed. It has 2 guitar inputs for you and your friend to play together. If your friend can't make it, just play one section of the song and record, then play along with it. Ease of Use: All you need to do is plug in and play. Maybe screw around with the knobs for that sound you want but that's half the fun! Quality: This little amp is LOUD! My friend was messing around and turned the master slightly of half and we were blasted especially that the amp was 2 feet away pointing at us. I'm scared to go above halfway on this baby. The unit is solid as a rock. I have heard that the screws come out but it never happened to me. Value: I got this at guitar center when they first came out. I don't think the price has gone down yet! It definitely is a good choice for Line 6 to not lower the price. People just keep buying these bad boys. Manufacturer Support: I went onto their site and asked some questions. Almost instant reply's. Line 6 is great. The Wow Factor: It's a key element for a guitarist. You need an amp. Overall: I think I'll keep this thing for ever. If it dies, (which I don't think it will) I'll get a new one. But like every guitarist, you need more and more amps, guitars and equipment. Who knows.
32 of 36 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Finally! A product that delivers!!" submitted May 4, 2011

Overall
Sound: Very close sound specs. Plenty loud enough for live applications. Tone does not alter with volume!! Feature: Had to purchase a footpedal. Very nice but unfortunately the instructions are vague and dont cover everything. Ease of Use: The amp instructions are very good. However if you wish to use the footpedal, see above Quality: Well put together. Value: Well worth the price Manufacturer Support: No worries with support Overall: Will be using this for a loooongg time!!

"BAND AND AMP in ONE BOX! WOW! Records also!" submitted February 1, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Blues & classic rock
Sound: Line 6 is the MASTER of modeling and this amp has some great tones! It can be a little daunting as there are hundreds of modeled sounds with a turn of the knob. Find the ones you like and use them! You can adjust ANY of them to what you like so no worries! Basically you can either let the amp set your tone or you can set your own using ANY of the preset tones. AWESOME! Feature: This is the BAND IN A BOX amp! Professional recordings of musicians so you can play with the BAND! AWESOME! Better than ANY of the other so-called BIAB amps! Has really improved my playing and soloing!!!!! Ease of Use: SO easy a CAVEMAN can do it! Quality: Very well built! Great speakers! Yep, although it is a 1x12 there is a tweeter in it for the high frequencies along with the Celestian! Makes for a GREAT ACOUSTIC AMP also! Value: Go try and hire a BAND to play some backing tracks and then you'll agree! Manufacturer Support: Although the support is a forum and I really don't like it the unit works flawlessly so I'll rate a ten. Overall: FOREVER! This is not my gigging amp although could be if I wanted. I have the Pod X3 PRO for gigging along with an Epiphone SO Cal and Peavey Penta.

"Jam Away" submitted June 7, 2014

By JR B in Troy, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Long time listener and short time player!
Music Style: Country, Soft Rock and Christian
Overall: The Line 6 Jam is a great amp with plenty of power and great sound but the main reason I bought it was the recording and Jam feature. Priceless!

"line 6 spider" submitted March 15, 2014

By terry g in fortuna, CA
Musical Background: beginner,jam at home
Music Style: classic rock
Overall: very good amp for the price with some great features

"line 6 spider jam 4 75 wat" submitted January 26, 2014

By Harry D in seminole, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 50 year player guitar..bass...now I am at home player..jam with friends
Music Style: Blues...Some rock
Overall: Great tool for the at home guitar player..keep yourself entertained for hours at a time...well worth the price

"Awesome Amp!" submitted October 18, 2012

By Andres C in Galveston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I play bass guitar and am learning acoustic and lead guitar
Music Style: I used to play Tejano or Tex-Mex music, but now I am dedicated to playing Christian praise and worship music...
Overall: This amp is just what I always wanted !!! Thanks Line 6 for making it possible for me to Jam with the pros ! And thanks zZounds for allowing me the chance to pay as I play you guyz ROCK!

"Band at your disposal" submitted April 2, 2013

By Mike F in Rock Tavern, NY
Musical Background: 25 years guitar
Music Style: Rock, Rock, Rock, Rock, and Hard Rock.
Overall: I could not have arrived at my current level of guitar playing without this amp. I played for 20 years before this amp was in my house, and I was looking for an amp that I could also plug a microphone into. When I researched the Spider Jam and watched some videos I could not believe there were not 20 amps like this on the market. Record directly onto the amp and save it for later or even record/jam on the fly using one of the pedal board accessories. The few things I dislike, or could be better..It is big for an amp that conceptually would be better as an over the shoulder type amp. It has a tendency to fluctuate its volume (which means it needs to be serviced) and the plastic parts vibrate when a lot of bass is coming out of it. These are supposedly fixable, but I have read that only certified Line 6 repair shops can do it, and the closest one is over an hour away. Even with these drawbacks it is still an amazing tool and also a great sounding amp. I very much enjoy the preset amp sounds, which all have alternate settings (red/green).

"Spider Jam" submitted January 26, 2014

By Franz W in Ashburn, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home and in church. I play Guitar and Keyboards.
Music Style: Country, pop-rock, Christian.
Overall: Nice Product. But it takes quite some time to understand and use all the features. Regarding the drum section I miss the standard styles like rumba, cha cha cha, walz etc. A friend of mine owns the small Bose PA system. Way more better sound for a lot more of money though. Like all other Companies LINE 6 only cooks with water. I' m happy enough to keep the amp instead of returning it

"Jamming Man" submitted April 5, 2013

By Dominick A
Overall
Music Style: All blues rock occasional metal...
Overall: All I can say I buy it you don't be sorry...zzounds is amazing..I live in NJ so everything arrives next day in perfect condition...thanks zzounds! This amp will definatly bring me to hit that next level I've been craving to hit...

"spider jam 75 watt" submitted May 22, 2013

By Billy s in mt shasta, CA
Music Style: metal...
Overall: this amp is sick i highly recomend it .its everything you need to shred forsure!!!!!!!!

"lin6 Spider Jam" submitted June 29, 2014

By john ohern in hastings, NY
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: Light rock
Overall: Very pleased! Great price and shipping was fastest I have ever seen! Ordered on day 1 and received on morning of day 2! All worked well out of the box. Very pleased!!

"Line 6 spider jam " submitted November 5, 2013

By Vernon S in Boone, NC
Musical Background: Just at home rocker sence 84 blue grass to heavy rock
Music Style: All music
Overall: Awesome with my schecter syny gates joker Great amp

"Spider Jam" submitted January 25, 2013

By Mika H
Overall
Musical Background: guitar is gibson les paul tribute '70 i practice to my home ..jam at home
Music Style: Blues ,Rock .,
Overall: Line 6 Spider Jam captures jams, solos, and song ideas. Practice is now much easy.

"Awesome Easter present for 2008." submitted March 23, 2008

Overall
Music Style: rockabilly and classic rock
Sound: Just bought this yesterday as an Easter present for my 12yo daughter. So my wife and I screwed with it for awhile and were pretty impressed. I have a feeling my daughter will not need another amp for quite awhile. No hiss, clear and strong sound and all the pre-programmed songs will definitely help with her learning. Feature: Easy to use controls and knobs. It won't connect with an IPOD but will with MP3. Screw Apple. Ease of Use: Once she gets familier with this amp I am sure I won't see her for days or weeks. But I know I'll hear her just fine from her room. Quality: What I've heard so far... outstanding. Value: Bought from George's music in Orlando for same price anywhere online so I feel certain I didn't get ripped off. My initial purpose was to buy another Boss foot pedal and ended up with this instead primarily for the loop around option. Manufacturer Support: No need for support as yet. The Wow Factor: I don't want the sex appeal for my daughter but she's definitely the coolest kid in her school. Overall: My forcast is this amp will give my daughter the confidence that she could be the next Pat Benetar or Joan Jett.
11 of 15 people (73.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 14N8-TDLR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976