When you call, mention priority code 12BD-Q1ZJ

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 POD Studio UX2 USB

Hook yourself up with the Line 6 POD Studio UX2 interface, which includes Pod Farm to expand your tonal possibilities and Ableton Live Lite.

"10 OF 10, Because it doesn't go to 11." submitted August 20, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist for now, Active Musician soon
Music Style: Rock / Industrial
Sound: With DOZENS of AMAZING pre-set features, and HUNDREDS of individual settings, you can jam RIGHT out of the box to the sound of classic tunes, or spend a few minutes setting up an entirely NEW tone just for you with the SIMPLEST of ease. Feature: Comes with a plethora of software, each easy to set up and use, each with different functions. Each is stand-alone, EXTREMELY in-depth, adjustable, programmable, so you dont have to run 73 applications at once, you can do it with just 2. Ease of Use: Plug and play. easy as that. ANYONE can use this, from a beginner to the Veterans of the road. Quality: Sturdy, durable, compact, with easy to use knobs, and a recessed face to protect from impacts. Value: WORTH EVERY PENNY I SPENT. Manufacturer Support: comes with software that easily updates and installs with the click of a button. The Wow Factor: All digital electronics, with ANALOG level gauges on the front, for that old-school retro look that still turns heads. Overall: I will be using this for YEARS to come. it does EVERYTHING i could possibly need, and eliminates a vast amount of gear. It renders most comparable products OBSOLETE.

"Versatile and worth the money!" submitted December 18, 2008

By a customer from petersreviews.com
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Whatever gets me $$$
Sound: The UX2/Pod Farm bundle gives you a ton of guitar, bass and vocal sounds in one box but be prepared to tweak presets in order to get the best results. After a while I was able to find some great amp models that gave me the sounds I was after. I could dial up a sound similar to Early Van Halen and also the cleanest of Fender shimmering amps. I really found that the sound changed greatly depending on which guitars I used so it didn't just strip every instrument of its individuality. Feature: Well, in theory you could record with just this bundle but in reality you need to also invest in good recording software. I use a PC so I swear by Sonar. Ease of Use: Setup was easy but if you're not good with computers it may take you a bit longer. Tweaking the sounds will take a while but with Pod Farm's visual interface you'll find it a breeze. Quality: The UX2 interface is plastic and it's light but I haven't had any problems with it and I've been using it a lot in the past year. Value: I love this product and would buy it again in a heartbeat. It's pretty easy to use and if you're good with computers, you'll love all the options! Manufacturer Support: Go to Line 6's forums and you'll always find helpful people there to help you with any problem you might have. There are plenty of Line 6 people there too. I usually don't even have to wait a full day before someone answers my questions. The Wow Factor: The analog VU meters are sexy but some might be turned off by the plastic construction. Not the best made USB audio interface but you're not going to find more features and value for anywhere close to this price Overall: I use the UX2 and GearBox software all the time and it makes creating music easy. Now that I've upgraded to the Pod Farm, it's even easier to dial up great sound. Control freaks will love the amount of control over every aspect of their tone but it's still easy to dial in a great sound.
62 of 67 people (92.54%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A wide aray of effects, easy to use, nifty retro look ... at a great price." submitted February 24, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: I've run this through my Amp and through my computer - either way, the sound is great. The delay running through the computer can be minimized but can be noticible. The array of souind 'out-of-the-box' is quite good. There are many different amps, delays, fuzz, wah, compression, etc ... The possibilities are nearly endless. The pre-sets are quite good - but *** be warned *** there are pre-sets that come with the UX2 that you can't use unless you spend more $$ for other upgrade packs. You can approximate the sound by substituting other effects, but it really isn't the same. Feature: There are plenty of jacks for one or even two people. The software interface is easy enough to use and has options for where to mix. There are 2 effects chains and you can re-direct them as you want - so quite a bit of room to be creative. All the jacks are standard phone type so all your existing guitar cables will work. Since it is designed for computer use, using this live might not be desirable. However, it does have footswitch options, but I'm not willing to pay to figure out if they are worth it - I don't play live venues. Ease of Use: The program (POD Farm) is easy enuf to use. Takes some work to understand the mixer and how to re-direct between the computer or amp and then within various programs. I have some trouble at times getting a program - like cakewalk or riffworks - to look fo rthe correct path to the guitar input. Once you get that figured, then you might need to figure out how to decrease latency or the delay will kill your creative flow! Can access all knobs and jacks with ease. Quality: The unit looks good, I like the retro look of the meters. However it is very lightweight and hard plastic. Not sure how it would look if it fell to a hard floor from four feet ... Of course, I don't intend to test that either ;-) All of the knobs and jacks are pretty easy to get to and operate - good design. Value: So far, seems like a pretty good value. I have to detract a bit for the lack of some pre-sets being useable due to 'missing' effects. I would have preferred if they had those in a "hey, if you spend a few more $$ - look at what you can do" section. As shipped, those pre-sets are right in the mix with all the other, so here you go, investigating the great sounds. You pull up the tone for 'sweet child 'o mine' and -oh wait - you need to spend another $100 to get that to work. ;( Manufacturer Support: Don't know. The Wow Factor: Being able to spit out various tones at the click of the mouse, is appealing. The unit looks cool, the meters look cool. It lets me have the equivilent of a spider amp, but also have my amp free to be what it is all by itself -be it a marshall stack or a fender tweed or whatever. Overall: For me, it is great. I don't gig ... if I did, I might look elsewhere for a product that is more portable. Since the UX2 needs a computer. It might be useable with a laptop, but I don't have that option. Also, the footswitch might make it a better gigging tool - don't know. But in the computer studio, for a very low budget, there are lots of good sounding effects to be had. Two independent effects chains. Decent mixing options and compatibile with most any studio software you want.

"Triple Threat Tone Tornado Machine" submitted April 17, 2011

Music Style: The air near my fingers
Sound: The UX2 give you impressive features for the price of a decent loop pedal... The Tone Locker lets you browse for your favorite guitarists tone and then dial it in... Great software, Great product Feature: Most of the software you need to get started you get with the package. Most of the software you need to fully enjoy the equipment is not very expensive to upgrade. You can do anything you want with this interface, anything. Ease of Use: Simple Quality: The casing of the UX2 is solid and it's connections are top notch. My only real complaint is that it is self-powered via the USB connection it uses for data transfer... If you're computer produces any noise on the power bus it WILL be heard through the UX2...It doesn't show up in recordings thankfully but you can hear it in your amp while you play. A dedicated power supply or simple grounding options would be good for UX2r2. I am very proficient with computers and still can not reduce all the noise coming through mine. Value: Good value on hardware and software Manufacturer Support: Anything you buy from Zzounds will be backed by the best support you can get. I bought a very nice Digitech looping pedal before this purchase. About a month in I could tell I did not like the overall functionality. I can Zzounds and they took it back and refunded me my money so I could buy the UX2. And the financing is great, being able to split payments up has enabled me to fill up my gearbox. Can't recommend anyone but Zzounds The Wow Factor: Very cool meters and controls. Overall: If they would sell a grounding accessory that would complete the package.

"UX2 POD LINE6 Easy to install and use, with great results!" submitted March 21, 2012

By Daniel Rey
Overall
Musical Background: Musician, technician in electronics and sound engineer for over 15 years
Music Style: Rock, Pop
Overall: I have used for over 10 years LINE6 interfaces. From my first GuitarPort. The UX2 has two extremely quiet microphone preamps, and phantom. And the ASIO driver is rock solid. I also bought the stand alone and plugin podfarm2.51, which is also excellent. With I can monitor my performance Podfam2.51 in vocal and instruments, and clean record with effects or without perceiving any latency. That's great. The tone direct monitoring is much more efficient than ASIO for this use. The UX2 POD only home away from SPDIF to be complete and would be extraordinary if you could choose to use 3-4 for sending SPDIF simultaneously with the mic or instrument. for that I give an almost 5.

"Very impressed!" submitted April 29, 2010

Music Style: Indie, Rock, Alternative
Sound: Sound is pretty good. I put covers or my own stuff online, and people think it's "professional quality". To the actual audiophiles, this might not be as good as other choices, but to me, it sounds excellent. You can tweak the sounds to how you want, and download a lot of custom tones on the Line 6 website. You can plug in your amp directly into the Line in as well. Feature: I wanted to get better quality sound then using a usb mic, or a video camera, so I tried out my friend's Toneport UX2. I was blown away! I was interested in this because I wanted to record not only my guitar playing, but my friend's bass, vocals and keyboard. All have impressed me so far. I think the bass is the hardest one to record though, just because it seems low at times, but I am cautious about clipping. I would have bought the UX8 if I had the money, but this one is good enough. Ease of Use: It is very simple to use. Just read the instructions. Also, update the drivers. It can be a pain, but it's worth it. Quality: Made of plastic, but nonetheless, made nice. Value: It is worth the money. I just wish it was cheaper haha. Manufacturer Support: It's a hit or miss. I normally ask in the Line 6 forums for help, and get some form of it, though sometimes it takes longer than I would like. The Wow Factor: It looks okay. I was having trouble deciding between tihs and a Presonus Firebox. The Firebox looks so great, but I didn't have a chance to test it out, so I just settled with the UX2. I am not disappointed though. Overall: I hope to still be using this for at least 3 years. I will probably replace it then, with something with more inputs. I prefer using this to my actual amp, because it doesn't keep my neighbors mad at me. I love using my headphones with it. I just do video covers of myself for a self assessment, and it works for me.

"Get one!" submitted January 2, 2012

By a customer from aemail4u.com
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years playing. I record professionally at home part time. I play guitar, piano, percussion.
Music Style: I doe every style on the planet. However, there are some I can't stand but will do a little of just about anything for $$$.
Sound: You have to do a lot of software mixing and matching cabinets and speakers to get a decent rock sound but it's worth the effort. Feature: The most useful feature is the plug it right in to your pc with "0" latency. The most unuseful feature of the unit is nothing!!! Ease of Use: Like I said, it takes a lot of mixing and matching to get the desired sound no matter what venue but it will get you the sound if your willing to play with it a lot. Quality: It's made well. I think it could survive a drop to the floor but I won't test it that way ;-) Value: Way better than anything else on the market for the money!!! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It's a guitarist dream come true as far as connectability goes and ease of use. Right out of the box, it's ready to go. Just plug it in and loadthe software then connect to pc. Overall: I cannot see wanting another unit other than this one. I was able to trash my Korg D32XD DAW. I paid 4K for the Korg and now it's completely useless!!! I had to go back and forth from it to my pc via usb transfering files. I wasted 1000's of hours on useless xfers that had to be redone. The UX2 is right there in your face in real time!!!! Amazing!!!!

"Affordable excellence..." submitted December 4, 2013

By Giannis Extremio
Musical Background: Songwriter, Arranger, Guitarist
Music Style: Pop, rock, hip hop
Overall: I could never imagine that such an affordable interface would please me so much. Clear sound, easy to use, accurate with excellent mic and phone preamps. Highly recommended for any use.

"Line 6 Studio UX2 - It Glows in a Dark" submitted May 6, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Recording Hobbyist :)
Music Style: Style ranges from pop-rock to prog.
Sound: Line 6 sound is widely praised. There are pieces of gear which sound better, both in analogue and digital domain, but Line 6 sounds good. It is not noisy, with decent ADC/DAC, and very flexible sound. I can't say for sure, how well it can emulate Bogner or Fender amplifiers, ot how close is the emulation of particular stompbox. Maybe close enough. But Line 6 gives an extremely board palette of sounds, and those sounds are good. And it glows in a dark. Feature: UX2 has microphone and instrument inputs (with phantom power, and one of instrument inputs is padded, which I believe is useful when using active pickups). It's pretty convenient and easy to use as soon as you will agree that you'll never hear a sound without GearBox or PODFarm running. Which is weird if you used to work with guitar processors, for example. But it's not that hard, just remember to get GearBox running all the time. UX2 features quite a broad range of amplifiers and effects and other stuff (actually, you get Effect Pack for free with it). Though on some occasions you may want to get additional model packs for separate money. This really depends of your playing style and needs. It also glows in a dark. It has two very cool analogue-styled level meters on the front, and they are glowing with nice yellow/orange color. It's actually why I chose UX2 over UX1. Well, it sounds stupid, but this glowing charm is of similar fashion as, say, why Modular Moog will be always much cooler then contemporary analogue synths. Ease of Use: Both GearBox and POD Farm are pretty easy to use, once you overcome some puzzles (like, admit the fact that UX2 won't do anything unless appropriate software is running). Both programs have a broad collection of presets, and you can get even more from Line 6 site, and then you tweak them and change however you like. Manual is pretty good (actually, you may want to download PDF manuals from Line 6 web site, there are few separate manuals that explore features more deeply and broader then printed version). You may also check all the manuals, separate ones for GearBox, POD Far, device itself, and another one, called Models Handbook, which lists all the models and corresponding hardware used as basis for emulation. (Would be nice to have a real names of emulated hardware instead of Line 6 nicknames, but I believe, it's limited by copyrights and can't be done, so you may just remember that Brit Gain J-900 Cln is Marshall JCM-900 Clean channel, and so on. Quality: There are two (only two) things I would change in UX2. First of all, it's very light, it just don't have enough weight. That sound weird, you often don't need weight, but it's so light it can move around your desktop just because of tension of microphone cable, and so on. It could definitely use an another pound of weight just to stand in a damn place all the time. Another thing, it don't have power switch, or anything. So whenever you need to turn it on/off you must pull USB cable out and in. Which is stupid thing to do, honestly. Just make a switch on the back, that's all. Value: It; good for the money. Very good. Fractal Audio sounds better but it costs a LOT more. I guess, in UX2 price range they have like no competition at all. And, as I mentioned before, it glows in a dark. Manufacturer Support: I never had any real problems with both of mine Line 6 pieces (POD X3 Live and UX2). Never contacted Line 6 support directly. Which is, probably, good thing, cause these pieces of gear are very stable and never gave me a trouble that could not be solved by reading manuals or support forums. The Wow Factor: It. Glows. In. The. Dark. Must have. Overall: Since I actually have two of Line 6 products (POD X3 Live and UX2), I don't really look into purchasing more model packs (POD X3 live has them ALL, except new HD sounds). But if you have only UX2 you may want to check additional stuff. When I bought UX2 I needed basically two things: phantom power (POD X3 does not have one) and a good ASIO sound card for everyday job, when I don't really need POD X3. UX2 met both goals and it does a good job, I don't have any reasons to change it yet.

"An easily affordable piece of kit that gives musicians the opportunity to record music professionally outside of the studio envi" submitted May 27, 2011

By a customer from btinternet.com
Music Style: Alternative Rock
Sound: An excellent interface, simple to use and creates fantastic results Feature: The unit came with Riffworks T4 which is a fantastic bit of kit, and I upgrade almost straight away. Ease of Use: Pod Farm outstanding! Quality: Maybe a bit smaller would be good, it is a little bulky Value: Every Penny! Manufacturer Support: No, bought it overseas. The Wow Factor: Make it smaller!!! Overall: I love it!

"Line 6 ux2" submitted February 1, 2013

By Travis C in Plano, TX
Overall
Musical Background: home guitar player with recording and live sound XP
Music Style: Rock of all sorts
Overall: If you are looking for a more affordable recording interface for a project studio with good quality then I would recommend this unit compared to the other more pricy gear out there.

"good" submitted November 30, 2013

By Dragan M in Banja Luka, NA
Overall
Musical Background: a play 6 year, bass guitar, rock band MARGINE ;)
Overall: good stuf

Line 6 POD Studio UX2 USB Customer Review submitted December 13, 2009

Manufacturer Support: Say away if you use Windows 7. The drivers a still in "beta" and many owners are having "severe" issues. See this forum for more: http://line6.com/community/groups/windows-7-public-beta-group

When you call, mention priority code 12BD-Q1ZJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976