When you call, mention priority code 173T-6LLK

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 POD Studio GX USB

Bring 18 of rock's most legendary amps to your next guitar session with this interface and its accompanying POD Farm plug-ins.

Overall

"Best entry-level guitar audio interface and effects package on the market. I've not found anything better in 3 years!" submitted June 1, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 10 year recording hobbyist and composer.
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Fingerstyle, Acoustic.
Sound: Theres a lot of variety with the supplied pod farm which lets me experiment with different sounds.. I've decided I like the British Metal for heavy stuff and Put your lights on for solos, and probably achtung tone (really grinding metal sound) to add some real power to my acoustic. The feeling I get when I strum a chord with the British Metal is intense. I only use this product for recording in riffworks, which I upgraded from the free version. The passthrough through the pc was too quiet to use it live coming out the speakers, our vocalist can drown me out! but I suppose I would go down the spider amp route for that. Feature: I love the product, but I think I was under the impression that I could stick a xlr mic into it as well as guitar, which wasn't the case when I got it home. I wish I'd bought the UX1 or 2 rather than the GX, but it is still awesome with guitar. I think the most useful part of the package was the software bundle with riffworks though I initially had a misapprehension it was a full version, rather than the T4 version that anyone can download from sonama.com anyway. Ease of Use: It worked fine... I had a bit of confusion understanding that the headphone socket on the back was for monitoring, rather than recording. Also, the windows 7 "listen to this device" adds latency, which was a sticking point for about 6 months, whereas editing the hidden volume control didn't. This was a windows issue, rather than Line6. The low latency monitoring truly is.. You can even monitor it through ASIO4ALL if you want to. It's dead easy to plug guitar in and mess around.. As long as pod farm is open. I found it difficult for amplifying vocals because pod farm hides the modelled preamp settings for the vocal model in panel view, rather than gear view, so it was a little obscure. Quality: It's been working flawlessly for the past 3+ years.. and still looks as good as the day I bought it. The big metal dial is still shiny, though its a little confusing which way to turn it. Only last week, I plugged a headphone splitter into the back to put the output into an additional set of speakers, and the headphone socket on the back of the box stopped working.. I was devastated, though ASIO monitoring still works ok and I've recorded 2 songs since. Value: This product was totally worth the money I paid for it. I kind of wished I'd bought a UX straight away though, since I thought I was getting simultaneous microphone and guitar capabilities at the time. I remember having a massive grin on my face and thinking I'd robbed the store since it had so many extras with it. Manufacturer Support: I contacted support when I didn't understand the monitoring correctly, and this was partly because of windows 7's messy "listen to this device" red herring which made me whine about latency issues. I dont think the response fixed my question, but I remember it was a prompt reply at the time. The Wow Factor: I think the gx is a valuable part of my setup.. It helps me play things I couldn't have before.. I had a 10W amp and everything sounded really muddy.. Plus I couldnt get even that sound into my pc. Now I can record and it sounds incredible. Riffworks has also helped me play in time with drummers. Compared to the rest of the line, the box was a little low-key on the website and the muddy picture in the monkey application. It really does sparkle a little more in real life with the chrome knob, but not quite like the UX or the glorious leds of the spider amp series. Overall: It's done me well for three years, and this product has definitely been a worthwhile investment and has got me more interested in recording.. It was a real difficulty before, and pc headsets didnt record guitar that well! I really love the effects, so I'll probably get a spider amp or other modelled amp solution so I can keep them.. And maybe even use them live at some point. I'm heading to more of a studio setup now, with multi-channel recording. I wish I'd known some of the limitations when I'd bought it ie, no simultaneous vocal and guitar, and then I might have shelled out more money for the UX.

"Line6 POD STUDIO GX. An inner space in a black box." submitted May 1, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: sound engineer, active musician
Music Style: there's a lot of them. from Jazz to Death Metal
Sound: The sound of Line6 Studio GX is responding to all standarts that are known to me. High gain head amps and space-like effects respond to the playing very accurately, so we've got a huge amount of sounds to be made even with the standard soft (without any add-ons). Also, it's compatible with most any style of music - from old-school jazz, blues and rock'n'roll to modern high gain madness of brutal death metal. Studio GX is freedom. Any style, any sound (any amp, any stompbox) - righ here in this little black box. Playing is up to you. Feature: The greatest feature here is the Dry Input. Allowing to record DI's for guitars. And then using the same Line6 POD Farms, we're absolutely free to sculpt the sound in the mixing process. This "digital reamping" circuit is the greatest features here! Ease of Use: This easy as hell! Just open an PODFarm.exe, plug in your guitar and you're ready to rock! VST - just select POD Farm from your Plug-ins List and you're ready for reamping. Quality: It's just will be there for ages. Just standing around and making my musical life easier and creative. It's so simple, so I can't even imagine what can be broken in it. Value: EXTREMELY WORTHY PRICE! Manufacturer Support: I didn't have any warranty experience yet. Also, thanks to Line6 for for the variety of drivers available. The Wow Factor: Yeah, nice knobs and stylish black box. Looks nice and touchy anywhere I put it :) Overall: I plan to byu all Add-ons available in future. It fits my professional mbitions for this moment. All my musical goals are easy to get with this stuff, for sure. I'm gonna keep GX by my side as long as it possible, there is no regrets about buying it. The greates thing for me here is ZERO LATENCY. And I wish it could be more fit the MIXING goals (just the AD\DA things and all that).

"Pretty amazing " submitted June 14, 2012

By Jaryth L in Starkville , MS
Musical Background: Guitarist/bassist/vocalist recording albums
Music Style: Electronica, Acoustic, folk, blues, rock, and (mostly) metal.
Overall: One thing that I didn't expect was that the license for the Pod Farm software is hard wired into the Studio GX interface. That means that your software isn't registered unless the GX is plugged in. The software is also a little more CPU intensive than I expected. That said, the hardware and the software are both so incredible that I'm finally getting a new computer so I can use it. The tones are so clean and clear and customizable that you can achieve any sound you could need even without upgrading to Pod Farm Platinum. Of course, the upgrade does give you a bunch of other toys to play with.

"Must Have Equipment" submitted May 26, 2011

Musical Background: Recording ENgineer, Active Musician
Sound: EASY TO USE, COMPACT AND AFFORDABLE. GREAT VERSATILITY AND PACKED WITH FUNCTIONS THAT ARE GREAT FOR STUDIO WORK Feature: Extremely compatible with all pcs, great for recording on laptop on the road and for major stuido work. Ease of Use: Works with Line 6 Monkey and can download a ton of preset amp models. Quality: Simple yest elegent design, not bulky and easily slips into gig bag to travel. Value: In comparison to other guitar pc connectors, definitely worth every penny and not complicated at all. Basic plug and play and you're good to go for the show. Manufacturer Support: No Issues to speak of, but Line 6 has alsways stepped up when needed. The Wow Factor: Great additional to current setup and nice piece of equipment for the Traveling musician or Home studio Demigod. Overall: Have had no limitations with the use, no bumps in the road and serves it purpose for what I need. I was also able to integrate it in recording with Proppelerhead Record, Works great.

"Excellent interface for budding recording artists!" submitted March 26, 2011

Musical Background: Recording artist
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, Alternative
Sound: Great tones and tone variety come with the package. On the down side, if you run out the expansions on Line 6's website are a bit pricey at $50 a pop. I'd recommend one of their multiple addon packages as they give a discount. Feature: It's an all-in-one unit. No need for accessories besides the USB cable and software. The one thing I do wish it had was a 1/4" out instead of the 3.5mm. It would just make it easier to hook up to a monitor without having to use an adapter. Headphones of course are no problem. Could use some kind of channel switch as well, but I'm being a bit picky. Ease of Use: It's so easy a cav...... well you know the saying. Plug-N-Play. That's all I should have to say. Quality: Seems sturdy enough to me. I've had it buried under mountains of books and yanked it out from underneath by the USB cord and it still works great to this day. Cool factor would have gone up if they used a metal volume knob instead of a chromed plastic one. Value: I'm a budding recording artist on a tight budget, so this fits my bill perfectly! Everything I need to get going and start laying down samples for under 100 bills? 'Nuff said! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It appealed to me instantly just by the features. It's not exactly a head turner but then again that's not what it's designed for. The only thing that would have made this sexier to me would be a metal volume knob. But, really, who cares as long as it works! Overall: Great piece of technology to get people started recording their own riffs and licks. I'm not sure why someone didn't come up with this years before they did!

"Tone Port GX" submitted July 25, 2013

By dennis walters in Canberra, NA
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Pop and Electronic
Overall: Great computer USB audio device for recording my guitars at home. There is enough choice of clean and overdrive sounds to satisfy my needs. Effects are very good as well. I record direct rather than using ASIO to minimize latency. Overall very happy!

"Stunning ease of use" submitted May 16, 2012

Musical Background: Playing for 20 years, record and play with friends
Music Style: Rock, blues, country
Overall: I bought the toneport gx to create a song for my wife for mothers day. After loading and upgrading the software, a time consuming but fairly easy process, I figured it would take some time to figure out how to get it to play nice with GarageBand. Nope, it's all plug and play an hour later I had all the rhythm,lead, and solo parts recorded and they sounded pretty amazing. I find this device really helps get the creative juices flowing and is well worth the money.

"Superb simulation software - get the sounds you want in seconds" submitted May 28, 2011

By a customer from live.co.uk
Musical Background: Active songwriter/musician
Music Style: Blues, jazz, country, soul, rock
Sound: Sounds are good - but realize that the guitar settings are important to get the best out of any piece of gear. I use Line 6 through my Protools set up and find the options allow me to get pretty much any sound I want. For the price it makes no sense not to use it!! This is good gear by anyone's standards. Feature: N/A Ease of Use: Interface is pretty intuitive - just experiment and see what sounds you can get. Quality: The product is well made, robust and functions really well. Value: In short - good Manufacturer Support: Can't comment (so have given it a mid mark) as I haven't had the need to refer to the manufacturers - it all works, whats the problem? The Wow Factor: I only use the GX as all my work is studio based. Te product is functional bt I use it mainly using Protools and Digidesign M box as the interface Overall: Lest put it this way - I'd buy other Line 6 gear for live work and gigging

"Line 6 POD Studio GX USB Audio Interface" submitted January 3, 2014

By a customer from op.pl
Overall
Overall: Line 6 POD Studio GX USB Audio Interface

"Little box with big kick ass sounds" submitted November 16, 2011

By a customer from tiscali.co.uk
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, off and on for 40 years, badly. Now only play and record at home with my DAW.
Music Style: Have a go at most things, but I do like Radiohead. Don't do hip-hop. Don't know what chillwave ragtime is!
Sound: Clean natural sound, monitoring lag free. Fits in with what I like to play and record. Lots of scope for sound shaping with the pod farm. Only wish there was a preamp or more control for input level of the guitar. Also would like to chain a few different amps together in the same path. Feature: Solid parts used, nice construction, monitoring volume control works. Ease of Use: Very easy to get great sounds with the pod farm and elements, just like setting up an amp and effects on stage or studio. Also easy to get horrible sounds, but so easy to fix when you do something wrong, unlike setting up and playing on stage. Still learning but is more like fun than learning. Hardware/software fitted in seamlessly with my current computer and DAW, no problems. Quality: Solid construction, no bits that look like they will snap off. Looks like it could be taken on the road, as a useful sound tool, probably survive gigs better than many valve amps. Value: Yes! But like anyone looking for a bargin, it would be nice if it was cheaper. Maybe I would have got two. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with anyone at the company, so can't really say. Only comment I can make is that the web site and software deliver system, with the licence manager and line monkey, has been one of the easiest I have dealt with, and I have had to deal with some of the big names in print/graphic software producers. The Wow Factor: Well I did want, that is how come I got it? There were many out there that did the same thing, some cheap and nasty with bad latancy, other makes a little bit more expensive with a few more features in the hardware (and other models made by line 6), that at the moment I don't need. What really did it for me was the pod farm software and what I know about line 6 equipment and sound modding. Overall: I will be happy with the product until it dies or I do. If did need to replace it or buy something else, it would be an upgrade hardware to include the phantom power mike input facility and preamp that other line 6 interfaces have.

"Do not buy!" submitted February 23, 2010

Musical Background: Professional guitar/vocals
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal
Sound: It has some really good sounds and is easy to use. I hate the fact it cannot be switched from clean and dirty channels. Feature: For the price the features are good. Ease of Use: Its easy to plug in and play. You need to know about effects before you can really enjoy this toy. Quality: I bought the GX new from a local dealer and it lasted a month. The headphone jack broke. I send it to Line 6 a month ago and i never saw it again. The hardware is cheap. Plastic with subpar components. Not line 6 typical. Keep in mind this is not a gig worthy item. It is for recording. My unit sat on my desk and the only thing touched was the volumn knob. The head phone jack was routed to a PA so it was never plugged and un plugged as designed. It should have never failed. Value: Cheap enought to own. But dont forget the hidden cost (50 bucks) of upgrading the software to get really good sounds. Total cost is about 150 if you want better sounds. It may not last if you are looking for somthing to be around for awhile. Manufacturer Support: Sent it for repair and never saw it again. Its been a month. The Wow Factor: It is cheaply made. Overall: Im already looking.

When you call, mention priority code 173T-6LLK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976