When you call, mention priority code 145Y-37JG

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Pod HD Pro Rack

Don't buy more pedals to get that perfect sound -- dial it in fast with the rackmount Pod HD Pro. Its modular signal path lets you build your dream FX chain.

"Best Decision I've Ever Made" submitted December 23, 2012

By Jay F in Montgomery, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for ten years. I play cover gigs with 2 different bands and write music for another band.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Metal
Sound: The sound quality is simply unmatched. I have an arsenal of tones I would have never been able to have before. I play in three bands. All of which are different genres ranging from country to metal and this thing delivers. The amp tones are clear and the effects are simple to use. Feature: With over 30 different amps and over 100 different effects, what else could you ask for? Plus, it plugs right into the house sound so stage noise is no longer a factor in mixing. With the XLR, 1/4" and L6 Link outputs, you can hook it up to anything. I currently have mine running into a Crown 1000 watt amp which powers a Yamaha SM15V floor monitor for jamming at my house. Ease of Use: The software and the rack unit are both very intuitive. Setting up presets requires no effort and are easily tweaked at any time. Plus, it weighs a lot less than the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and SKB pedalboard I used to take to every gig. I would recommend getting the Line 6 FBV Shortboard for live performances. Quality: The product seems to be very durable. I keep mine in a Gator powered rack case so I should never have to worry about any mishaps. Value: I would spend over a $1000 on this thing. It offers an abundance of tones and effects that would cost you thousands of dollars if bought individually. Manufacturer Support: I have yet to deal with the Tech Support. To be honest, every question I needed to be answered was either found in the booklet or on the Line 6 forum. The Wow Factor: Having a rack unit was something I had always dreamed of since I was a kid. This thing fully delivers. I can't tell you how many people have asked me about it. Overall: This is the best piece of equipment I have ever owned! It offers an endless variety of tones and effects that would cost you thousands of dollars if you bought them individually. It has really made me enjoy playing guitar again. The benefit of having quiet sessions with great amp tones makes the Line 6 Pod HD Pro worth every penny. Not to mention, my live gigs are way more fun. Not to mention, live gigs are unbelievable with this thing. I've had numerous sound guys tell me they could not believe the sound quality and the quiet preset switching this thing contains. I would recommend it to everyone.

"Pod HD Pro is tops!" submitted April 17, 2012

By Mathias U in Dayton, OH
Musical Background: Guitar - 23 years - Professional
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Sounds awesome! I get EXACTLY the tone I want out of it. Feature: The modular signal path design is the best! The downloadable Pod HD Edit software makes designing patches a breeze. It has all the outputs you could possibly need! The only thing I wish for is a trim knob for the guitar input. Ease of Use: If you use the Pod HD Edit, the ease of use is great. If you decide to edit on the unit, there are a lot of menus to flip through, making it a bother to edit from a black patch to a complete one. I recommend that you build your patches on the computer and just use the unit for small tweaks. Quality: The product is well made, it has been reliable so far (I did have an issue with the first one but I'll get to that in a second). It seems like it could last a good 10+ years. Value: Compared to the Axe FX, the Pod is a great value. I gave it 4.5 stars because it is almost $800 after tax, and that is a pretty high price tag for the average musician. However, the amount of power in this unit is well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: I had to call Line 6 after the first unit showed up because I think that moisture collected on the inside. After using the unit a few times it started to smell like burnt circuit board. I contacted Line 6 and they replaced it right away! They were amazing. The Wow Factor: It gives me exactly the sounds I'm looking for. It keeps my stage/practice area clean because I no longer have to have individual effects scattered everywhere with 1000 patch cables and wall warts. When I set up for live shows, I literally have 4 cables; a guitar cable, a cable for the pedal, a power cord, and an XLR that goes to my powered wedge. It's awesome! Overall: This piece of gear is amazing! It's modular signal layout allows you to place any effect anywhere in the chain! You can stack effects too, so if one noise gate doesn't quite clamp your signal down, you can add another. It's a great looking piece of gear also. It is well made.

"A product worth the money!" submitted February 10, 2014

By Jonathan H in Harlingen, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for about 10 years. I play can play any instrument. Mastered guitar. I play Professionally.
Music Style: With my band I stick to metal. On my free time I make all kinds of genres.
Overall: I needed something to record guitar with, so I bought the Line 6 Pod HD Pro just for that. The unit also comes with a interface which makes it a lot easier to find your tones on your computer. There has not yet been a tone I could not get with this unit. The sound quality is high. At the price it is at right now, it is pretty much a steal. If i would have to rate it myself, I give it a 10/10. I do want to note that, like every other unit out there, you will need to spend time learning your gear and finding your tones. There is no way around that, ever! You will also have to look into buying better cables or things of that nature to really bring out the tone of your instruments. That goes for every unit out there though. In the end, if you love recording and having high quality tones, you would not want to pass up on the Line 6 Pod HD Pro.

"Perfection" submitted November 7, 2013

By Thomas C in Richfield Springs, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 29 years playing guitar and recording.
Music Style: Metal. Here my stuff at: soundcloud.com/clinesmind
Overall: I've used Line 6 products for years. This POD HD is by far the most versatile and best sounding effects unit money can buy in this price range. The tones for metal could not be any better. I owned the Eleven Rack in the past and that doesn't come close to sounding as good as the POD HD. Buy it and you'll agree!

"IF YOU REALLY WANT THE TRUTH - READ THIS REVIEW!!" submitted December 29, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Musical Background: Playing professionally since age 4. I play guitar, bass, drums, & keys - I can do more than one at a time - Bass pedals+guitar.
Music Style: Various forms of Rock, Blues, New Country, Prog Rock, and anything I can get paid for.
Sound: This is Line 6's latest version of their POD HD series of prodcust. line 6 refers to this and a few other new pieces of gear as either "The Dream Rig" or "The Flagship Line" of products. I've owned Line 6 products since 2003 with my first new Vetta I 2x12 combo. I also am a Beta tester for many of the new gear that has been and will be coming out. My opinion is as follows...If you like the POD HD500, then you'll LOVE this POD HD PRO rack unit. It has more ins & outs than anyone could possibly use at one time, but it's terrific to know there is literally NOTHING you can't use this unit with or even as a stand-alone stage or studio source for amazingly realistic modeled guitar amps and everything from classic tube FX to brand new Line 6 M13 series FX. 22 amps/cabs that can be mixed & matched. About 6 virtual microphones that can be put virtually anywhere in the virtual envorinment this unit creates. It's TWO rack spaces which is 1 less than the previously top of the line POD X3 PRO 3sp rack unit. Both combined is truly fantastic so there really isn't any need to sell cheaply or get rid of any of your older Line 6 gear since the older gear can work with the newest gear. How is a story for another forum. Find me @ www.Line6.com/ocalamusician if you wish to learn more about combining units or any other Line 6 questions. Feature: As previously stated in my first paragraph, this unit has more ins & outs than you might ever need, but it's great to know they are there if you do. I think this is the unit's single most important feature. Then it's the modeled amps/cabs/mics/FX and the total control you have over how they are used and routed through one or even TWO INDEPENDENT signal paths. The downside is the DSP OVERLIMIT that can occur when using too many FX or too many very powerful FX at in the same patch. It's very easy to overload the DSP if you don't choose your combination of FX for a patch carefully, but you'll never have the unit crash because it couldn't do everything you set up. that is what the DSP OVERLIMIT warning is for. Ease of Use: This IS NOT A PLUG AND PLAY UNIT. I've created my own start-up guide you can find on the Line 6.com website under my name. But if you have no patience, no time to spend learning all there is to know about this unit, and actually READ the EXPANDED MANUAL which is available ONLY by downloading the .pdf file from Line 6 for free...then I'd tell you to go get a Marshall or Mesa amp that is very simple with only a couple of channels and a few built in effects. I've read too many people saying bad things about all the new POD HD gear as well as other new gear because they just don't wish to spend the time learning how the units work. Also - I'll plainly say that about 90% of the factory presets are useless doing anything other than giving you an idea what the unit is capable of. It will always be best to start with a BLANK slot and build your own signal path or dual path by listening to all the amps first, then with the cabs, and lastly adding effects. Quality: I think Line 6 has started cutting corners in production of nearly every new piece of gear on the amplifier/pedalboard side of the company. i've been using this unit for about 4 months now in my rack and on the road. It's doing fine and no problems. I also like this unit better than the POD HD500 or other pedalboard because it uses a standard A/C plug, not one of those warts with a tiny barrel connector on the end of it. Those I also have and those seem to BREAK to easy. Perhaps Line 6 will rethink these power supplies for the units other than the PRO rack mount versions to make them more reliable and durable. Value: I think this unit is nothing like most other units. Line 6 has carved out their own niche in the guitar world. Other similar, but not the same would be the Roland GR-55 which is a synth units requiring their special pick-up to be mounted onto your guitar. It then can give you some modeled amps/cabs/FX, and even change your guitar's tuning Like the Line 6 Variax guitars can do, plus create 6 & 12-string electric or acoustic guitars. The difference with this unit is that you also have synthesizer sounds like strings, piano, organ, etc. and then MIDI out to any other synth modules. Line 6 has chosen NOT to get into any type of synthesis at this point in time. There are other units from Digitech, Rocktron, Zoom, and many many more that all do some similar things, but all have their own special features. Which is best for you? You'd have to check them all out for yourself and decide. Manufacturer Support: I've had nothing but positive tech experience with this company from the beginning. I do not have a local repair center, but if anything needs physical repair, I can ship it back to the Line 6 HQ where the techs there will diagnose accurately the problem and fix it fairly quickly. Another VERY USEFUL tool is the Forums and Discussion threads all attached to the Line6.com website. People like myself and others who use the gear, plus Line 6 techs ALL come onto these boards to help answer questions of all kinds and do whatever possible to help out a fellow Line 6 user in need - all for free! The Wow Factor: Sure - you can't make the same "good music" without this unit. It does too much for this statement to really be accurate to answer. Overall: I keep everything - so this question is not a good one for me. I make old stuff work with new stuff all the time and the combinations are nearly endless. Yes, I'd get another if this was stolen. I depend on it now for my live sound, plus my insurance would cover the full purchase price. :-)
17 of 23 people (73.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Axe FX What?????" submitted February 24, 2012

By Richard G in Orlando, FL
Musical Background: Professional Studio Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Hip-Hop
Overall: Line 6 HD PRO is by far the best guitar amp sim/fx you can get right now. Enough said.

"Great affordable tone." submitted November 2, 2011

Musical Background: Professional musician
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Hip Hop, Country, Soul
Sound: All of the amp models sound terrific and are very usable for whatever style/taste you enjoy to play. I've owned a few pods (Pod 2.0, Pod Xt) but this one by far feels the most like I'm playing the real thing. It breaks up and cleans up nicely and you can really customize any of them to your liking. Very awesome. Feature: With plenty of great amp models, killer fx, and great I/O ability I think this thing excels in the features dept. Ease of Use: I love how easy it is to dial in sounds. Whether you're using the front panel of the unit or the edit software on your computer. It is very simple and straightforward to get a great sound going. It's also nice live on the fly to be able to reach over and turn a knob like a real amp if I want to. Quality: It's metal and very sturdy. I keep it in a one space rack unit and am not worried about being damaged at all. Value: For the money I think this is the best modeler/processor out there. I seriously considered getting an AXE FX but they're too costly for my price range. This POD Hd Pro sounds excellent, does everything I need it to do, and is very well made. I think it's a great value. Manufacturer Support: I have no experience dealing with Line 6 so far but I can say their website is very useful for finding whatever information you want about their products. The Wow Factor: Well it has replaced my entire rig if that says enough lol. Overall: I expect to be satisfied with this product for as long I have it. As an owner of a few different tube amps (VOX AC30, Fender Twin Reverb, Mesa Boogie 50/50) I really think this thing captures what's great about the amps it models. Also, for me being a stompbox fan the effects modeled are top notch. I particularly like the delays, phaser, and choruses. It also has some great filter effects and synth sounds.
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 145Y-37JG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976