When you call, mention priority code 143L-0R2Z

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 POD HD500 FX Pedal

Put the sound of 16 world-class guitar amps at your feet with this POD pedalboard! Plus, get a 24-second looper and 100+ effects, from delays to distortions.

"Line 6 HD500 is awesome!" submitted February 6, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Guitarist for over 37 years
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal
Sound: I could not believe how clear and crisp the sound quality is on the HD500. I never owned a Line 6 product before. I am definitely impressed. I have been playing for over 35 years and have owned a ton of different guitar processors and stomp boxes but until now, I was never truly happy with my sound. Feature: I like the programming feature in the Line 6. It is very easy to navigate and adjust your chain of effects. I also like the USB connect to the internet for updates and down-loadable patches. Ease of Use: Once you take the time to read the manuals online and make a few patches on your own.....it becomes very easy. It's just like anything worthwhile ...It takes a little bit to understand, but once you do, it is awesome. Quality: Very well built. Strong metal case, and I noticed how well the jacks on the back of the HD500 are made. Nice expression pedal too. I like the display screen but it could be a little bigger. Value: I have paid more for a lessor product....Very good value. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to call for support because I have found everything I need to know from the Line 6 website. They have everything I need on the site including manuals, user downloads and more. I especially like the forums where you can read a ton of problems that others have had and as long as you are patient enough to read through the many pages, you can find out anything that you need to know. The Wow Factor: Line 6 has sold me on this beauty. I love it. Overall: I have been playing all my life and have been in over 30 bands in my career. This Line 6 HD500 makes me a better guitar player. It is a great product that packs a punch. I plan on keeping this until they top it. (If they even can) I couldn't be happier.

"The last pedal you'll ever need." submitted August 23, 2011

Music Style: metal
Sound: The sound of the pod is very good. You can get pretty much any sound you want. If you do studio or home recording the pod hd500 is for you. If you play live at high volumes it will take some serious tweeking. Don't expect to get a crushing metal tone from the mesa,bogner,or engl amp sims. At high volumes you may be better off with the marshall or park amp sims with a distortion pedal sim. So many pedal amp combinations your head will spin. It took me about two week to figure this thing out and there's still many more tones and effect sounds to discover. If you have a effects loop that is the best way to run the pod hd500. Effects send from the pod into the return of your amp. The master volume on the pod is a great feature. If your a bugera-amps 1960 owner this pedal is for you. Go in the effects loop and you'll have no more master volume issues and you won't have to jump your inputs. The effects loop is all ready jumped. Plus the front head eq that just doesn't seam to be aggressive enough will be taken out of the loop. You'll be able to do all your tone adjustments with your pod. Feature: The effects loop on the pod lets you add your favorite pedals. This works better with delays or chorus type effects better than a distortion. But in truth your probably not gonna need to add anything because the pod has every effect and sound you would ever need. Your gonna defenatly want to do the firmware upgrade the second you buy this. If you buy it with the old firmware your gonna be missing out on some crucial amp adjustments and your looper won't have a volume control.plus you'll be short one amp and other effects and a couple other features that may help you on your tone quests. It is free so just do it on the line6 website. Ease of Use: I'm not gonna say the pod hd500 is a easy piece of gear to use because it is very touch sensitive. Any little adjustment will make or break your tone. A lot of people complain about the pod hd500 having no power switch probably are just finding something to complain about. I run all my gear into a powerstrip with a off switch. Any musician that's played for years runs their gear into a power strip or surge suppressor. The first time you have a costly transformer fry because you left your amp on overnight you'll know why. Quality: Very good build quality. Solid steel. I take care of my stuff though so I'm not worried. Value: The overall value is great. 16 world class amps for $500 who can beat that. They might not be spot on but they sound great. Its like comparing a 6505+,slo,and a jca100,and a bugera6262 all these amps sound very similar $600 to $1800 I will compromise a little fullness of tone live to get a great sound on a budget. And when you record the pod will sound better than all those amps because you can go in direct and layer your sound with effects and at low volume applications you can dial in as fat as a tone as you can imagine. The only problems with digital modeling is the live applications studio wise they are supperior to bulky amps and expensive microphones. Manufacturer Support: This is the best question yet. Line6 has great customer support. If you call their tech support number it will take you a half hour to get through but they will help you. I was fortunate enough to talk to one of their product design managers online. I was having difficulty with my pod because I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to new gear. He sent me around 50 emails back and forth to help me out and I complained about certain features I wish line6 products had and things I didn't like. And he said he would pass the word on and was very open minded. They really are trying to give us our best sound for our money. I'm a big fan of their products and will continue to buy any effects processor or amp they put out as long as its in my budget range. The Wow Factor: This is a great looking piece of gear. It really makes you look professional having a piece of gear like this. Overall: Overall this thing is the last pedal you'll ever need to buy. It does it all. And if you don't use it live it is worth buying for studio applications.

"Have every great guitarist in the worlds' sound, including your own(but better) at your toe-tips, with no amp. or effects loops." submitted February 16, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician 45yrs.
Music Style: All Styles (I'm a Musician) Guitar & Other inst.
Sound: The sound is great. It sounds like you're playing through the effects and pedals and AMPS (models) that you pull up in the patches. The quality of the sound is excellent. It responds to everything I play, I don't feel like I've had to slow down at all for triggering in any of the patches. The sound is very expressive. The volume/expression pedal is very smooth from bottom to top. It has more than I expected in sounds, way more, and the sounds are top shelf, and I can make it sound any way I want when it comes to the sound of a modern day guitar, and will even take you back, many years, if that's what you're looking for. It is compatible with any style of player. It sounds great by itself, just sitting around running through the sounds, I've been more inspired than I have been in years to write using some of these sounds. Incredibly inspiring. Some better than others? It just depends on what you're looking for. I can write anything I'm looking for into it, with ease, after learning the nature of the beast. I use it straight into the P.A. and don't even have to use an onstage amp. anymore, monitoring through a headphone amp., the other guys on stage just slip as much as they want of my guitar into their monitors, that's working out well. Even directly into the P.A. it sounds like I'm playing through an amp., you can feel the air movement. In that respect, it doesn't sound dry or sterile, I throw in some tube stuff, and I'm in. I use it with my digital recorder, and I've been able to do things quicker than groping around for sounds like before. If you're looking for something that's not there, it just takes a few minutes to write it, and save for next time. In my live situation, I've had people ask what the band did to upgrade their sound, I say, nothing it's this little unit that I can throw under my arm and carry back to the house and record with. It has added so much class and versatility to the sound of the entire band that the crowd has recognized it. I don't even have to use any effects through the effects loop to get the sounds I need, and I am a very demanding player. Things have to be just right for me to be happy with my equipment, and the overall sound of the band, just ask me band-mates, they'll tell ya' all about it. I don't feel that I'm missing anything using only this unit and a guitar. There is, however one thing I would change about this piece of gear if I could, and that is the differences in volumes of different patches. They do vary somewhat, it's not extreme, but it would be easier if the patches were more consistant in volumes, though you can change them without losing any quality of sound or changing the sound of a patch, it just takes a few clicks of a couple of buttons, that's all. This is the best piece of guitar gear I've ever bought/used/heard. If it ever breaks down, and can't be fixed, I'll buy another one. Hopefully, that will never happen, it does seem to be built extremely well, solid, tough. Wow, sounds like-I'm in LOVE. Feature: It came with a USB cable so you hook up to a coputer and stay on top of the latest sounds from the company and a forum of other players that work up new sounds on it. Also you can use an edit mode to get inside and run it/edit it/and basically SEE everything that you're working with. TOO COOL! It has all kinds of outputs, effects loop(not that you'll need it),CD/MP3 player input, extra volume/expression pedal, USB/Midi, Variax, AUX in, you can even plug a mic into it and it will create harmonies. My personal favorite feature is all the space they give to store and write sounds of your own or move factory sounds to, to make patches more readily available no matter where you are in it at the moment. Ease of Use: I must admit being overwhelmed at first, but it didn't take long till I was comfortable with using the unit. It's easy to get great sounds from it, they're in it already, go looking and you'll find them. Need something else? Just write it and save it. Once you figure it out it's easy to change their patches to suit yourself. Compatibility with other gear, P.A./recording console/Amp., is great, especially with the Line/Amp. switch and the input pad switch. Perfect! With a little reading of the manual, it didn't take anytime at all till I was in it with both feet. It doesn't sound sterile like some units that do this thing, very warm. It's so playable that the first three weeks I spent with it, my fingertips stayed sore, and I play a lot. This was out of pure inspiration and not just because I had to play it to learn it. It made me want to play, EVEN MORE. Quality: I find that it's made like a tank. Very solid, durable. Finish-perfect. Not a single flaw. Reliability-I get the same sounds consistantly everytime I turn it on. I believe this unit will last quite a long while, though, nothing lasts forever, I would love to have a 2nd one, just in case, but I don't worry about it, at least not now, and probably won't have to for quite some time. I think it would hold up just fine "on the road"especially with just minimal protection. Worst aspect in quality is the small switches beside the volume/expression pedal for Amp./Line, Pad/normal, and ground lift. It's to be seen how long it will last, because I've never had a unit built so well, tough, and solid as this, and I've been playing live and recording for 45 years. Too bad I've had to wait this long to get a piece of gear this nice. Thanks, you are appreciated. Value: I think this unit is well worth the money I paid for it and then some. Shhhhhhhhh. Don't tell anybody, I don't want it to go up in price. It's got more stuff in it than what you pay for, by far, and it's all in one great little unit. Manufacturer Support: So far I've not had any problems that warrented contacting the company. The Wow Factor: I've been making good music without it for over 45 years now, and I love your new product, but, it is only a practical addition to my set-up. (And, I have to tell you that I don't really appreciate the above question about "what I would be willing to pay for it", I've been poor a lot during my career and have struggled to survive, I appreciated not having to pay an arm and two legs for this piece of gear, and if the price goes up on it, now, I'll be very dissapointed in the company) Overall: I don't know how long it will last, I'll probably be satisfied with it till it goes down, then I will replace it(unless the price goes up). Only two reasons I would use another product by another company, 1; someone came up with something better(don't see that happening for a while) 2; the price goes up.
32 of 34 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buy it or never find your dream tone." submitted December 3, 2011

Music Style: metal
Sound: I've had the hd500 for awhile and the longer I have it it sounds better and better. I recently downloaded the 1.40 firmware and look out. The sounds just get better and better the new fast gate doesn't muddy the tone anymore the new impeadence selector adjusts for different types of pickups. Plus you can pull so much output boost out of the pod even of your amp is a 25 watter its gonna make it a big 25 watts. Feature: Any feature you want. My favorite is the stereo outputs. One for my amp and one for the house mix. And I like putting a patch cable in the pods fx loop to get more boost I've never really had to use it bit its there if I ever need it. Ease of Use: It took awhile to dial in my sounds. I've had it about 3 months or so and just now learning of its full potential. Anytime I think it doesn't sound good enough I check out my sound compared to 6505+ and mesa boogie or any other known go to metal amp you see on you tube and I'm very pleased. I recently giged with 5 other bands and I was told that my band sounded way better. Its totally changed my perspective towards amps I use to look for amps with great dirty overdriven tones. Now I look for amps that have good clean channels or a great sounding fx loop that doesn't muddy my pods tones.currently I use a bugera 1960 half stack and as far as a halfstack goes it has awesome cleans and a great fx loop. Quality: Seams very well built but it is electronics so who knows.I use to carry it in a duffle bag but now use a gator 2110 padded keyboard case. Its a perfect fit. I also bought a one spot power adapter beings the factory power chord is thin and not very long. Value: Well 16 amp sims and at $500 a amp. Yeah its worth $500 all day long. Manufacturer Support: I have talked to line6 and it takes awhile to get through. I have a email to one of their employees and he is quilt to get back to me with advice or tech problems I may have. And he listens to things I don't like about the pods which at this time is nothing. I love the podhd500 my whole rig is designed around it. The Wow Factor: Its a very insperational piece of gear. I had a spider iv and missed the fx. I had a tube amp and missed my tube amp. Now I own a new tube amp and my pod so I have the best of both worlds. I love tubes and aolidstates you can get great tones from either Overall: Overall I promise with this pedal you will find the tones your looking for. It might take awhile but they are in there.

"HD500 has won me over!" submitted May 7, 2011

By a customer from sc.rr.com
Musical Background: ex-rocker, curtrent hobbyist
Music Style: rock, blues and metal
Sound: Out of the box it's okay. Download some user patches from the customtone website and it comes alive! Though an amp mono it's good but in a set of monitors in stereo I love it. Makes me want to play all the time! I will say it over and over but I would love to see a matching powered cab in stereo offered by Line 6 to complete the package of a total guitar rig of the HD series. How about a 30 watt tube powered cabinet offered with two 10" speakers? What, a guy can dream, can't he? Feature: Simple set-up however they can afford to go more in depth in the manuals and say it in a way that anyone can understand. I don't want to have to jump on the computer everytime I want figure out how to use something. Ease of Use: Again, manual could cover so much more. Quality: Not a single problem with my HD500. Both my XT Live and X3 Live had to be returned for an exchange at my local music store because of reliability issues. Not the HD500! Value: It's the best bang for the buck. Manufacturer Support: Any time I've ever had an issue I got a quick response by email. More than I can say about some companies in this business. The Wow Factor: Clean and sleek appearance. Overall: First let me say I've owned many competitors products and I keep coming back to Line 6. The HD500 has blown me away. You get out of it what you put into it. Every patch I use is downloaded from customtone on the Line 6 website and tweaked to my liking. My one suggestion to Line 6...make a tube powered cabinet in stereo to match these units and it would make it alot easier to put together a total guitar package.

"Pod hd500 " submitted November 10, 2012

By Rob S in Lakewood, OH
Overall
Musical Background: amatuer recordist, guitar player
Music Style: rock, hard rock, metal, blues, sound design
Sound: effects on this board sound fantastic. Not all of them sound just like the real hardware counterparts but you can edit pretty deep and there are so many to choose from it seems silly to whine about the ones that arent spot on. Ditto for the amp models. This thing sounds fantastic. Only negative Ive come up with is that its a little bit noisy but they have noise gates for that and you can place them anywhere in the signal path on the board. Feature: Tons of stuff on here that I will use all the time, a fair amount that I wont. I bought the 500 so I could use it to record and integrate into my practice rig if I so desired. Im seriously consider working this into the effects loop of my expensive tube amp because the sheer flexibility for shows and sound design is astounding. Ease of Use: Line 6 really needs to hire the people that do the Mesa Boogie owners manuals. The documentation with this thing kind of sucks and I suspect that most of the folks who whine about this unit would have appreciated their purchase more if line 6 were better in this department. They do have a fine forum filled with helpful users and moderators to help if you need to achieve something specific or unusual. That said I havent found myself to put out trying to navigate this thing yet. Quality: built pretty sturdy, I dont like the power jack because its very very snug once plugged in. Seems comparable to other stuff on the market though. Value: I think its a tremendous value. Manufacturer Support: Not yet, heres to hoping I wont need to fill this box in. The Wow Factor: Line 6 stuff isnt the most boutique or unique stuff out there but its widely used because it does alot of stuff really well. This unit lives up to that tradition and the amp models are considerably better than the older offerings. Overall: This unit is quite nice, good feature set, near endless possibility's. I purchased from zZounds a couple months back after taking a leap of faith. I decided based on the many clips online of this unit sounding good despite the many folks who manged to find quirky things about it not to their very specific liking.

"My personal experience with the new Line 6 HD500." submitted March 15, 2011

Musical Background: Guitar for 20+ years
Music Style: Progressive Rock
Sound: This unit has an awesome quality of sound and clarity. I tend to play more progressive lead and detail means a lot to me when I'm trying to express what I feel through the guitar. I love the user friendly features of this unit as well. Most other effects processors tend to be very time consuming when trying to program them to make your sound. I play through a Carvin Legacy. So obviously this unit sounds different than just plugging it into the pa system but nevertheless it sound good with just my computer speakers. Feature: This unit had a lot of effects for me to choose from. I like the look of the stomp buttons but they are a little louder than I want them to be. I play at the church and when I have to switch setting real quick at a dead silence Ease of Use: very easy to use and program. Quality: good and sturdy but i used to own a G System and nothing seems to out last that. Value: Pretty good. It seems like you get a lot for your value. Manufacturer Support: So far I haven't had to talk to them. The Wow Factor: looks nice but it doesn't make me wanna touch my wife or anything. She does that well on her own. Overall: I'll keep it until it dies

"Great piece of kit, worth buying the latest from Line 6!" submitted December 21, 2010

Music Style: All over the map
Sound: I put this a little lower than a ten, because it doesn't meet up with the standard of plugging into a real amp pushing air in a room. The notes don't quite bloom the same way. Having said that, this thing is amazing. The sound is pretty remarkable, even when stacked against the latest generations of PODs. The ability to get great useable tones from this makes it a great unit to have on hand. On a quiet stage setup with no amps allowed, the only thing I was missing in my in-ears was the feeling of sound hitting my legs that I normally get when playing through an amp. The effects are stunning when playing through an amp, and the amp models are at a new level of believability in their sound. Love it! Feature: This packs a tremendous amount of effects and amp models into a really solid piece of gear. The inputs and outputs, flexibility, and quality of components are really great. My only complaint after playing on stage is that the tap tempo pedal is a little close to the the pedal next to it, so I switched patches a few times when tapping in tempo changes on songs. Ease of Use: Programming is super easy using the downloadable edit tool, programming and tweaking on the fly is a little more difficult. I put this as a 7, because the learning curve is steep at first, but then you learn the ropes and it will be quick and easy to navigate around in. Setting up patches and organizing them is very easy on the computer. No real printed manual past the quick setup guide. For the deeper instructions, you have to download PDFs. Those instructions are pretty clear. Quality: Everything feels pretty solid, the switches are a little less solid feeling than the ones they used on the longboard or on the POD XT Live. Otherwise, no complaints. I will expect this to hold up for quite a while. Value: This is in line with comparable products and in line with the price Line 6 has used for their floor PODs in the past. This is what I would expect to pay, and atually they delivered more than I expected to get for the price. Manufacturer Support: My customer support experiences with Line6 have been awesome over the years. They have been quick to respond and quick to provide solutions when I have needed them. Overall: If it were lost or stolen I would grab another one. It is very handy for quiet stage setups, and I would even grab it for a lot of situations where I don't want to hassle with dragging on my pedal board. Very cool piece of kit.

"HD500" submitted March 11, 2012

By a customer from tollgatevillagetn.com in THOMPSONS STATION, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 18 years, mostly home studio and jam sessions, recently.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Texas Blues, Hard Rock
Overall: I have owned the POD HD500 for a little over a month now and it has worked flawlessly. The sounds have been amazing, whether I'm sending it through powered monitors, power amp and guitar cabs, etc. I have A/B'd the sounds with my Marshall 50 watt Super Lead and Fender 65 Reverb Re-issue and the sounds are very close! I owned the M13, which I loved using with the above mentioned amps, but wanted more of the flexibilty associated with the HD500 and I wasn't really that interested in the Amp Modeling, at first (I have owned AX212, Vetta II Head and Combo Amp-----Great products). Once I went through the system and ensured that it was set-up appropriately, I started falling in love with the sounds!!! I play mostly Strats, but do have one equiped with high output humbuckers and both single coils and hb's sound great (like themselves; if that makes any sense?). Since the sound is so good on its own, my next step is to purchase a pair of DT25s to run a stereo guitar rig (tube powered) connected by one cable (amazing). I have not attempted the 4 cable method hook up yet, but believe it would work fine with my Marshall. The Wah sounds are good, as well and you can insert pedals and wahs in the effects loop (which I have plenty of), if that makes you happy. My main objective was to have a lighter, smaller rig (easy to move around) that was good for studio and live work and I believe that Line6 has hit the mark with the combination of the HD500 (or 300 & 400) and the DT Amps. I will update my review once I have a little time with the DT25s. I hope this helps with your research and decision----I know it's tough!!!!

"This unit has created the new standard in amp modeling." submitted May 28, 2011

Music Style: Christian, gospel, insrumental
Sound: The sound has ANY other modeler beat. It has the tube amp thump and warmth. It has helped me develop many sounds I was looking to get. I have been through alot of sounds in this unit, and so far they all are in their own class. I wouldn't say some sounds are better than others, it depends on how they are set up. Sounds great by itself. I would say that it would sound good with other products. Never used it live yet, so I can't say how it would do. But this is a whole different animal than any other modeler has been, so my guess is that it would sound good if you set it up the right way to play live. Recording with this thing is a dream. It sounds great in different settings. I am using a brand new Fender Telecaster with two double-coils, a Fender strat, and using a Boss BR-900 CD for the recording. In my situation this unit really sounds great, that is an understatement. I really have no tips to make this unit sound better. Everything that anybody needs to get great sound is at their fingertips. Feature: It included the usb cable and a small handbook. The most useful feature is the edit software it comes with. All of the changes happen in real time, easy to understand, and quick to get setup whenver you need to make changes to your settings on the computer. Can't think of a least useful feature. It seems to have all it needs. Ease of Use: I think it is pretty easy to get great sounds out of this unit, just rea the online manual, browse through the forums, and they will answer alot of questions. The interface is great. I like that the interface makes real time changes. Yes there is a learning curve, still not as bad of a learning curve as the Boss GT-10 though. The manual is clear when read, not browsing through the illustrations only. Very playable for guitar. Quality: Everything is good on this unit as far as quality. Value: In my opinion this is a great price for what you are getting. Manufacturer Support: Tech-support is great. They seem to be very patient with me. You can't hear them rolling their eyes over the phone, or rushing you through the question. They always solve my problem. No repairs so far. Overall: This unit is a keeper. I would for sure replace it if it was lost or stolen. This is the only product that when I took it home I was blown away by the sound quality.

"The Pod HD 500 is amazing." submitted January 11, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 20 years. I play in the band Quantum and jam at home for my solo projects.
Music Style: Progressive rock & metal. Fusion.
Sound: The sound quality is very very good. After the firmware update, everything "opened up" even more, and it would take a really rally keen ear to hear the difference from a real amp or an Axe FX in a recorded mix. The presets aren't very good, but through the Line 6 Custom Tone library, you can find excellent patches that sounds really really good with a little tweaking. I've had nothing but compliments on my sound since I started using the HD 500. Feature: It has almost anything you'd wish for in a guitar processor. The effects are stellar, the amps sound amazing, and it even has a looper function. If there is one thing I'd wish for, it would have to be a little bit more DSP processing power and memory so that I could cram even more stuff in my signal chain. Also, the looper should have a bit longer recording time and be intelligent like the ones form the company that is most famous for looper pedals. Also I'd like a dedicated ON/OFF switch. Ease of Use: The user interface is super easy. Really intuitive. Quality: It seems solid enough. I haven't gigged hard with mine yet, and I have a metal case for it, but it seems about on par with other pedals and guitar gear. Metal chassis with plastic knobs. Could perhaps have the metal bar protecting the knobs like on the X3 Live, but for my use, it should last for a long while. Considering the price, it's quite sturdy. Value: There is no better piece of gear out there for the money. This thing does it all, and for a price most guitarists can afford. I'd be willing to pay more for it if they moved production to the US or Europe. I'd like to see a high end US- or Europe made product from Line 6. Manufacturer Support: I haven't contacted Line 6 Support, but from what I hear, they are doing a good job. The Wow Factor: I had to have one when I tried one at my local guitar store. It looks good, and has features that guitar players want. Less cables, lstomp boxes, huge amps and stuff to carry around and care for. I don't have to worry about tube health, it takes virtually no space in my car when I take it with me for rehearsals etc. Basically it does everything I need. I'm super happy with it. Overall: Id say that for the price, this thing is as good as it gets. You really can't ask for more from one piece of gear. This has litterally replaced a trunk full of gear for me. I can take it with me and go directly to front of house, and then bring it home, connect it directly to my computer and record.

"This is the PERFECT piece of kit for me!" submitted August 30, 2011

By a customer from muvement.co.uk
Overall
Musical Background: ex-musician; (producer, engineer, percussionist & guitarist.)
Music Style: Rock/Funk, metal, chillout, house, techno, alternative, pop
Sound: For me this is great. I appreciate that many just want a big amp and a few pedals. But for exploring your sound and just having a huge library of tones at your disposal there aren't many things that can compete with this. and NONE in this price range. I know people talk about the real sound. But the reality is that getting a great sound in a studio relies on more great equipment and a great engineer. A weird view - but I think that a lot of guitarists could walk out of a studio with their recording in their hand being happier with the sound as they will have done 90% of the work themselves editing the tone. Controversial I know, but hey, it's a viewpoint! Feature: No accesories needed, I just plug this into my studio monitors and my laptop and I am good to go! Fave features: The fact that this comes in the form of a pedalboard - awesome! I love the Looper, it adds a whole new dimension to playing. Using half speed you can get over 1:30 of loop time. It just sounds great. After a couple of weeks I think I'm down to about 20 discrete, different and useful sounds for me. TWENTY!! If you only want 2 or 4 then maybe "the real thing" is the way to go. But there would be an argument for a bit of side - by side testing and looking at the value in this unit. Ease of Use: For me pretty easy as I am very used to editing sounds on a computer screen. For the old pure amp guys I can see this being slightly more of a challenge, but the software is very logical and simple. Add to that the user community where you can download tones. The PDF manuals are excellent - read em on my smartphone when travelling :-) Quality: Heavy duty finish. If I dropped this I would be more worried about my toe that the unit! It has a screen, but this is relatively small. Great footswitches, backup functionality, definitely roadworthy. Loads of inputs. Again - heavy duty! Value: Don't think there is any competition in this range is there?? I missed something if there is. Manufacturer Support: Great - the techy guy steered me to this when I enquired about a Spider 4 75. This is a MUCH better product in terms of my needs and am so pleased I made that call. I would have enjoyed a Spider IV. I LOVE my HD500! The Wow Factor: This allows me to do more than I will ever want, and I love that about it. It satisfies the need I had, and MUCH more. Super sexy. Overall: I would love to upgrade to the next one of these when it come out. Until then, I aint lettin go of this baby!

"The last amp you'll ever need. You can't look at it as a processor.you have to think of it as a amp with built in fx and you'll" submitted November 28, 2011

Music Style: metal
Sound: The hi gain sounds are awesome. The engl fireball is my favorite for metal but the mesa isn't far behind. The fender amp sims are great for cleans for metal. Feature: The fx loop works great for a volume boost. Just add a patch cable between the send and return. You can also add your other pedals you own through the fx loop but the fx loop pads and muffles the sound a bit. The recent 1.40 upgrade solved the emg81 sizzle sound issue. This is possibly the last effects processor you'll ever need to play live. There isn't much it can't do. It just expiermentation and patience. You will have to upgrade the firmware to the current 1.40 to get great quality presets. The longer you own it the more you'll understand it some people won't be technical enough to tweek it right. Just don't expect great tones out of the box. It may take a couple of months playing with it to find your sound. Ease of Use: Like I said there's quite a learning curve for a beginner. If your a expierianced guitarist you'll catch on faster. Quality: The quality is excellent but buy the gator 2110 case just to be safe. Value: It would be nice if it was in the $400 range but its worth probably $1000 for what it does. Manufacturer Support: Line6 has great support. The Wow Factor: Basically its got the tone of many amps I've owned and the tones of many amps I want. They may not be spot on but good enough to hold their own in live and studio applications. I play it through the fx loop of my bugera1960 and my bands p.a.with the other channel and mix them live. So its my main and back up amp. I'm thinking of getting another hd500 for a live back up incase my hd500 fries. I doubt it will but I want another before they jack the price up. Overall: I am very satisfied with the hd500. And can't wait to see what processor line6 puts out next.

"Simply Outstanding!!!" submitted April 5, 2011

Musical Background: Hobby
Music Style: Rock, Rocked up Country
Sound: Simply Beautiful Tones!!! Both with the 4cm to a Marshall JCM 900 and direct to the computer. Wow,Wow,Wow Feature: The cheaply built power cord, must have been a last minute thought. And an ON/OFF switch would have been nice. The 16 Amps are crazy good, The FX's are great, The foot switches are pressed with ease, The many connections are insanely optional. The TONES, TONES, TONES, Wow, !!!!! Ease of Use: I Read the manuals and use Line 6 Forums before I bought it, Then it's pretty cool to learn and hear the tones you can create. So Pretty Steep Learning Curve. Quality: So Far So Good, looks built well to me Value: I have a Boss GT 8 and this thing blows it out of the stratosphere. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them yet. Only had it a couple of days. The Wow Factor: This is kind of personnal, Lets keep it between me and my HD POD. Overall: Quite awhile, If something were to happen, I would replace it immediately

"Best Bang For Your Buck." submitted May 23, 2011

By a customer from cogeco.ca
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician / Recording Eng.
Music Style: Classic Rock / Contem. Christian
Sound: The tonal variety that this rig is capable of is astounding. It does feel like you are playing through an amp, and the tube amps respond to a players style with remarkable accuracy. Feature: The features are too numerous to describe here, check out Line6. But, I will say that the addition of a high quality microphone input, and a looper, have put this product in a class by itself. Only gave it a 9 because I would like to see some vocal effects in this rig. Ease of Use: I have used many Line6 floor products in the past, and this one is the easiest to program ever. You can assign every feature to any footswitch, saving to different banks and presets is a snap, it has even organized the preset memory into setlists. Bring the HD500 edit software into the equation, and the simplicity level goes north. Quality: Built like a tank. The new all metal vacuum switches are a real plus. Value: At around $500, this unit is a great value for the cost. When you consider that you can now have your effects controller/vocal processor/looper in on floor board, this is a lot of gear for the price. Manufacturer Support: Have never had to use them. The Wow Factor: It is very easy on the eyes Overall: I can't imagine needing anything else for a long time to come

"Dont listen to "tone purist"! Not chemical, but really PRACTICAL!" submitted July 29, 2011

By a customer from centrum.cz
Musical Background: Active Musican, Amateur recording engineer
Music Style: Rock, Cybergrind, Sludge, Electronic, Hardcore, Metal
Sound: I will not give it 10, because Im waiting for something much better ;) But, this unit rocks! Response to my dynamic right hand playing. I'm playing from cybergrind, deathcore, metal, sludge to Rush, Led Zep songs ... and I have to say, that I was suprised. Some people are writing someting about strange noises, hisses ... but, you also get hiss and popping from real amp (and I was playing on Mesa, Soldano, Peavey, etc.). Also it's great for studio work, you know, if you want to record something quick, you dont have to prepare mic, amp, all stuff. Also it's great if you want buy real amp, you can figure out what will be best for you. I'm playing custom guitars ( www. jurca - guitars. com without spaces ;)) with SD SH6 and Bartolini PBF pickups ... and HD500 really react to volume change, dynamics of picking. And at the end... it's really easy to use ... and also PC edit is piece of cake :D If you want rock small clubs, record at home, try effect before you buy real ... go for this unit !!! (sorry for my english, Im from Czech Rep.) Feature: Great access to all buttons, easy to use IN/OUTs ... and there is a lot of them ;) ... Pedal is not like toy. Great small power adapter. But maybe, some controls for editing without PC should be better. Ease of Use: Complex unit ... but EASY to use :) Quality: Unit is build like tank ... heavy tank. Buttons looks good, and easy to change if broke. Also pedal. There is metal protection for small knobs. Great. Value: For this price, you cant go wrong. Manufacturer Support: Just go to line6 page and you have all necessary things at one place. The Wow Factor: If some steal this from me, Im going in second to another one and then go to kill guy who stole it. Overall: There are still better stuff out there, but for price and functions ... 9!

"Line 6 HD500" submitted February 14, 2013

By Carlos LozanoLozano in Medellin, NA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 17 years, singing about 4 years. I play professionally in a band.
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz, bossa, etc.
Overall: This thing really rocks, I mean it takes the digital processors to a whole new level. The amps are incredible and the customization you can do...from gain to cab mic...on x off x, eq, stompboxes with eq, the quality of the fx...the delay is amazing. Also the possibility to work it like a real pedalboard, turning on and off your individual fx. Come on guys I really think analog pedals are overrated, this is evolution, no noises and funky problems finding out why old pedals don't sound, these guys have worked their as&%es off to bring us as close as possible to the analog sound but with all the goodies...don't fight the evolution, just take advantage of it. I'm in love with this thing. By the way...search for the fx loop tweak and always use the tube compressor ! Another thing is...this is for tweakers, some people say mean things about it just because they don't get deep into it, but you have to so you can sound exactly how you want it to...Line 6 gives you the tools...you use them.

"A really good buy. Sure you can go and buy the real deal boutique amps and effects if you want, go for it, their awesome, but t" submitted April 29, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Active, hobbyist, music student
Music Style: What ever suites me at the time
Sound: The sound quality is excellent for a modeller. If you have the right speaker set up or directly into the house the sound is truly awesome, and it's coming from the unit only. Some of the sounds have a "hum", that alot of people are talking about. The hum I think comes from the type of guitar and amp settings you use. High gain amps have a hum. Electricity is a funny thing ain't it. Pick ups too. A noise gate(built in) and possible a ground loop interupt or a product called Humx will give you better control over the so called unwanted hum. I used it live and got nice compliments on the clean sounds and channels using a Gibson Les paul Standard all plugged directly into the house with no amp. Feature: It comes with all the cables. The manual it comes with could be a little better though. Ease of Use: A little complicated to navigate, but if you give it some time, READ, the online manual, you'll get it in no time. Quality: Anything electronic is subject to problems. It is reliable all metal construction seems sturdy enough. Just don't throw it around and it should last. If you can afford a backup it would be a good idea, but that goes for any product. Value: For what you get plus the sound you can't go wrong with the price. Manufacturer Support: No comments. I haven't dealt with the company for the HD500. I did with my old POD 2.0 and they were really great. The Wow Factor: Just a good addition. It's a pedal board. Overall: I plan I keeping this product for may years. Line6 has been putting out updates, so If they keep that up it won't go out of date.

"great!" submitted December 15, 2010

By a customer from onlineimport.net
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: Amazing, those new amp models are so great, specially the ENGL and the MESA. I'm loving them. Feature: Also there's a new feaure called Smart Armonies. It is very useful if you are in a rock/metal band and you want to harmonize your solos. There are a lot of new effects very versatile and useful. Don't hesitate. Ease of Use: It has a new lcd screen that shows you the amps and effects you have on board, and they are extremely easy to modify. But I think, since we are in a very modern times, it should have a touch screen. xD Quality: Great Value: It depends what you use it for. I own a recording studio, and since I don't have thousands of dollars to spend in real amps, these good emulations are perfect for me. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed any support yet. The Wow Factor: Could be better. Overall: I am happy.

"HD500 great product" submitted August 21, 2011

Music Style: all
Sound: The Pod HD500 is great as a stand alone unit for recording or for using with an amp the amount of effects and configurations is daunting I have had it a month and just started scratching the surface of what this unit is capable of. I have used it primarily for recording with cubase and it sounds tremendous. Feature: The Pod HD500 includes a USB cable but one problem there is no on and off switch you have to plugin or unplug the adapter Ease of Use: The interface with HD 500 Edit is very nice and you can easily get a great sound with a few added effects in just a minute but if you want to get extensive with the setup it takes time. It is much easier to edit the HD 500 from your computer than it is from the LCD screen Quality: The HD500 is rock solid and built like a tank I can see where this will last along time Value: I think that the HD500 is a great value for the price the modeling technology is fantastic Manufacturer Support: have not had to deal with any support issues The Wow Factor: It has a very handsome look to it Overall: I will probably use the pod HD 500 until Line 6 comes out with the next model

"Line 6 POD HD500" submitted August 27, 2012

By Big Bad Johnson in Crossville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 15+years experience, guitar bass drums vocals, semi professional
Music Style: Blues, rock, hard rock, a little country,
Overall: I am really happy with this purchase. I normally stick to analog effects and a tube amp but my pedalboard has gotten to big to carry all the time! I am in multiple bands doing a WIDE variety of music from country to blues to hard rock and the hd500 works out great for setting up the different tones that i need. Very self explanatory and easy to setup presets with the computer application. All of the amp models are great and having the m13 effects on board is awesome. My only complaint so far about this unit is when playing/recording direct, the clean sounds are really thin and lifeless. But when plugged into the power side of my mesa express the clean sou.d awesome especially withe the twin model! Oh and being able to run dual chain effects and and modeled amps both mono and stereo is great! I would definitely recommend this to any style guitarist!!

"Dynamic Pedalboard " submitted October 19, 2012

By Kyle F in Sierra Vista, AZ
Musical Background: Been playing for 10 years, Les Paul Studio, Hobbyist
Music Style: Nu-metal, Metal, 80s Metal, Rock
Overall: This pedal board is amazing. People often bash it because they do not know how to use it correctly in a effective setup. There are many bar bands that use this board and just plug it into the house PA system and sound amazing. The tube heads will always say negative things about this board but run it through a tube amp and be amazed and the tone this board can produce. Line 6 processors are also used by bands like Asking Alexandria and Devil Wears Prada. So if these effects are good enough for the pros I consider it good enough for me. It will also save your wallet, which some high end analog effects pedals will make you go broke. The computer interface HD500 edit is so simple to use I actually don't even use the knobs on the board itself. Plus the big support community and custom tone your options are limitless. The only thing that can hold you back from creating your custom tone is not learning the board.

"HD500 best processor for live or studio" submitted May 6, 2011

Music Style: Classic rock, jazz, blues, country
Sound: I have vox, tech 21, boss, and line6 gear. The hd500 is the best sounding floor processor toppling the gt-8, tonelab se, vetta head, and me-70. Although each does something better than the other, the hd500 with hd technology sounds superior. Better than the axe fx a d costs less. Feature: Wish this had a power On and Off switch. Needs some additional amp models that I hope will be introduced in a software upgrade. (orange amp for example). The looper could have been tweaked to handle longer recording time and storing of separate recordings to pull up as needed. No complaints here, just a wish/wants list of improvements. Ease of Use: Like anything else, there is a learning curve. Manual is a good reference. LED screen is legible and easier to read from a distance than the other models mentioned above. Nice option to change patch location readout to full screen width and length. ( another reason for purchase as my eyes ain't what they use to be. ) Quality: Stomp switches work fine, but I prefer the feel of the boss GT series and tech 21 spdt switches. They seem sturdier. Only time will tell if the stomp switching will perform or fail. No problems so far. ? Value: See comments above. Manufacturer Support: Emails promptly answered and phone calls answered by knowledgable staff. Excellent support. The Wow Factor: The look of the item is laid out with the live player in mind. The chassis is black metal and will withstand abuse. Overall: I have alot of gear. This is the processor I am forcing myself to stick with and use live. Shopping and swapping days are over. Playing days are hear to stay. Buy this and you won't be dissapointed - there is a learning curve though.

Line 6 POD HD500 FX Pedal Customer Review submitted April 14, 2011

Musical Background: Worship Leader
Music Style: Blues, Praise and Worship
Sound: The sound on this is the best that I have heard from any modeler. It's as close to tube sound as I have been able to get. It also handles pedals incredibly well, which you may wonder why you would use a pedal with this but after throwing a Katana or a Zendrive with it, you wont. Feature: Ok, if you can't find enough tweaks and knobs to your liking, go get an Axe-FX. What's even better, Line 6 is adding 6 more amps and 5 more values to adjust on all amps at the end of this month. Ease of Use: Listen, I'm not going to lie. Coming from the M13, this thing made my brain hurt. Just make sure that you spend plenty of time tweaking and trying things out before you admit defeat. Quality: It's built like a tank. I have always been please with Line 6 build quality. Value: The price on this is a bit steep but compare it to the price of the M13 (this has all the M13 effects built in). You are getting a bit more for your money. Of course the 2 units are different but in terms of getting value for your dollar, I believe that this is fair. Manufacturer Support: Line 6 has a tremendous online support community where you can interact directly with their engineers and other users to find answers to any question you may have. They are always quick to respond and kind. The Wow Factor: Yeah, it looks cool. Overall: I am very satisfied with this unit. I sold my first one when I thought that I could replace it with the rig that I had setup but after a month realized that I made a boneheaded move, so I bought it again. Worth every penny twice.

"Excellent Features/Quality/Price Balance!!" submitted July 2, 2013

By Ken Maynard in Collingwood, ON
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 26 years
Music Style: Rock, Heavy Metal, Christian Rock
Overall: I purchased the POD HD500 to use in situations where I was not using a guitar amp. The Amp modelling features made it pretty easy to get decent sound plugging directly into the P.A. What I gained in overall control of the mix more than made up for what I may have lost in guitar tone from my Class-A tube amp to the HD500. I find with the amp model updates, Line 6 is only getting better!! The newest "SLO 100" models are killer!! I have also used the HD500 for recording my guitar direct to computer via the USB connection, and this not only sounds really good, but is super easy compared to traditional methods. Some tweaking of sound programs may be required to optimize them for each different application, but programming is really easy with the provided editing software. I am not personally a fan of programming the unit with the front controls.... this method is also pretty easy, I Just prefer using the computer for easier back up and less bending over. :) I have recently started experimenting with using the HD500 into my guitar amp... there are multiple options to do this and I am taking my time in deciding which one works best for me. So far, I am quite optimistic that once I decide on a method, I will have no trouble achieving the great sounds I have been enjoying thus far.

"Great Value, great look and very easy to use." submitted May 10, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician with a day job.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country and Jazz
Sound: Great sounds and very responsive to my playing. I have a friend who owns a studio and he loves the sounds coming from the HD 500. Feature: So many sounds so little time. You can use the HD 500 straight through a PA system or to control your amp. I use the HD in both setups and it works flawlessly. Ease of Use: The HD is easy to use right out of the box. The factory preset are lame but it is very easy to get good settings quickly. Quality: Stands up to the clubs and practice. It would be nice to have a Line 6 bag made for the HD. Value: It's like having a rack of studio effects and a wall amps at your feet. Manufacturer Support: Very helpful The Wow Factor: Sexy???? It looks great. Overall: I will own the HD 500 for a long time.

"Line 6 gets it right on this one" submitted April 26, 2012

By Stephen D in Pelham, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Playin guitar for about 5 years currently in an original/cover band for 2 years.
Music Style: rock, funk, metal
Overall: This pedal is awesome!!!, whether its for live use or recording if you spend some time setting it up specifically for your rig you definitely won't be disappointed. The amp models and effects are very versatile and the pedal itself is very well built. Never been a Line 6 fan and was skeptical about buying but after reading other reviews I decided to take the plunge and haven't regretted it for a second. What are you waiting for? BUY IT!!!!

"Amazing Hardware." submitted May 26, 2012

By Chad G
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years of playing Guitars. Poorly I might add. Was in a gigging band for about 6 years. Mess around at home Studio now.
Music Style: Metal, Punk, Rock, and a little Irish Traditional music.
Overall: This pedal is outstanding. I have no idea how anyone could really complain about the tones unless they just plugged it in and never bothered with anything else. The first thing you should do is update the firmware and get the editing software installed. Between making tones yourself and browsing and downloading the THOUSANDS of custom tones from other HD500 owners, you will never be at a loss for the sound you are after. I was really wary about this pedal at first because everything is "HD" now. So while I was waiting for it I dusted off and messed around with my Digitech RP500. It sounds pretty damn good until you plug in the HD500. It really helped me to hear just how far tones on these things have come. I was truly blown away.

"Quirky built like a tank ultimate tone machine" submitted May 8, 2011

Musical Background: Pro Musician
Music Style: Metal Heavy Rock
Sound: The sounds of this unit are amazing and very real. But that said you need to run it through a P.A. also an amp and headphones as all will have a very different sound with the same tone settings. So to get a really kick ass tone it does take some time and tweaking but once you got it there is nothing better. Feature: The manual left a lot to be desired. And the onboard interface is very confusing. But the Pod Hd500 software is fairly easy to use once you get used to it. My biggest complaint has to be the manual. All the manuals really suck. Ease of Use: Tones at first are kind of hard to dial in but if you check out other users tones at customtone.com it makes it way easier to find a great starting point. Quality: This thing is tough and built like a tank. Very durable. That said I have big feet and hitting the wrong buttons is very easy. Also out in the sun the display is kinda hard to read. If the display was bigger and brighter and the pedals were farther apart I would love it. Value: Even though there are a few technical difficulties at first the sounds and tones are nothing short of amazing and real This is defiantly the future of guitar. Manufacturer Support: Line 6 is the best they are great. The Wow Factor: Its hands down the best tone ever. Overall: This thing will be in my arsenal forever.

"Great gear so far" submitted October 22, 2013

By Antonio Pita
Musical Background: Jam at home, having fun with it for almost 30 years
Music Style: post rock
Overall: From the instant i plug my custom 72 tele into the pod 500 it felt like im a much better guitar player. The sound is superb and it has enough posibilities to keep you playing for ages discovering sounds. There is a legend regarding Line 6 is hard to understand and it certainly is not a walk in the park but itīs not nuclear science either. So far so good. The best money i ever spent.

"Line 6 pod hd 500" submitted October 27, 2013

By nick d in traverse city, MI
Musical Background: home music enthusiast 7 string guitar
Music Style: Rock and metal
Overall: After reading several reviews I decided to buy one. It hands down sounds amazing. I still dont know how to use all if the features of this unit. Once you figure out how to use it the potential is unlimited. Best pedal baord multi effects unit on the market other than axe fx..

"POD HD500" submitted February 25, 2013

By Chris G in Toronto, ON
Musical Background: Guitar/Production - Professional
Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal, Extreme Metal
Overall: Purchased this for a second "digital" board. Couldn't possibly be happier. The ease of use, tone library and the HD500 Edit software make exchanging, loading, and editing your presets effortless. Honestly, one of the best sounding products I've ever heard. HIGHLY recommended to any guitarist out there.

"Pod HD 500 and the "dream rig"" submitted April 20, 2012

By Mike Silverberg in Long Valley, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: player for 45 years, acoustic, electric guitars, synthesizers. I went to music school in LA,have my own recording studio at home
Music Style: rock, blues, funk, world music, acoustic= very eclectic tastes
Overall: I love the new Pod HD500. I have had it for 2 weeks with the new Tyler Variax guitar and the new Bogner/ Line 6 Dt 25 amp via the line 6 link and the Pod's VDI connection to the Variax it really is a dream rig. I push of a pedal and I can completely change guitars, amps, cabinets, effects and analog power tube class and output mode son the amp as well as change its negative feedback loops. The Pod HDis the best sounding Line 6 product ever. Ihave used the original Pod to X2 Live and X3 Live, The HD models are the most realistic and are very interesting and useful choices. I also really like the programmable effects loop, so that I can use any of my boutique effects pedals with the system if I want to. All in all= This is the best system of products Line 6 has ever come up with. I am delighted to recommend it to anyone interested in this type of making music. Love to Line 6. Dr Funk

"Pod HD 500" submitted April 13, 2013

By keith E in orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: ive been playing for 8 years now, I play live at least once a month and all the time at home
Music Style: Rock,country, Metal (many sub styles),bluegrass.
Overall: I've giged for years using an xt live, and just recently upgraded to an hd500. I am extremely impressed with the combinations I can achieve using the new hd syatem as compared to the xt live. My only issue is I can't port my effects over from the xt to rhe hd500 which is a minor snag. If you haven't played with one yet do yourself a favor and go to your local music store and try it out!

"POD HD 500" submitted March 21, 2013

By Tizar R in Orlando, FL
Musical Background: Play Guitar For 28 Years
Music Style: jazz,rock, hip-hop, country, blues, Christian
Overall: I had to choose between the Boss GT 100 or the pod HD 500( I PICKED THE HD 500 ) Because you get so much more for Your money. The sounds are great ,has authentic Value. There is a little learning curve involved but it is not the in of the world. LOL !!!!! WITH THE HELP FROM LINE 6 SUPPORT ,AND A LITTLE COMMON SENSE I'M THE COOLEST GUITAR PLAYER ON THE BLOCK. !!!!Tizar.com

"The only FX pedal you will need!" submitted June 24, 2013

By Sean L in Newburg, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music since 1968.
Music Style: Grew up playing Rock and Roll and the Blues (Muddy Waters), the last 20 years I have been into Christian Rock, Hip-Hop, Country,
Overall: The Line 6 HD 500 when I purchased it I was not sure if I was going to get close to my money's worth or not! Well it replaced my inventory of stomp boxes dated back to the 60's and 70's and worth around $4,000.00. It is great, uses ONE power cord and is just amazing. The only thing bad about it is it takes a long time to figure out how to set it up and use properly, once you figure it out and it will take time, you will be amazed how easy it really is to use and how quick it sets up.I could go on but I do want to say that I almost bought the cheaper one, the HD 300 and am very glad I took a shot at the HD 500, what you gain is worth more than the difference in price.

"the new POD HD500" submitted December 2, 2012

By steven michael in portlland, OR
Overall
Overall: I got the HD500 through the play as you pay this the coolest board I have every had Ive had two outher board they couldent touch the HD500, I plan on getting JTV59 to with the HD500 then the DT50 after that what else is there Ill be set what great rig. line 6 has stuff you want if your a guitar player IM so happy I got the HD500 coolest rig ever.

"Great set of effects/amp emulators in a thin- easy to carry hardware" submitted April 19, 2012

By Dany Lopez in Guadalajara, NA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a professional jazz guitarist, with a 9 year career. I have a jazz trio (bass+guitar+drums) and another one (voice+bass+g)
Music Style: jazz mostly, also some pop
Overall: I have only had it for one month, but I am already loving it. Its set of effects is very complete, as it gives you some general patches that you can further modify to leave just as you like them. The looper is great as well, enough time to create simple loops. The effects and amp emulators are great as well, very realistic. I was not a great fan of these processors but this one sounds very realistic and it really adds a great value to your overall sound.

"Boost your sound with a dramatic new approach!" submitted May 24, 2011

Music Style: Rock Blues
Overall: I do expect to use it for a long long time. Before purchiasing the HD500 I used for over 12 years a BOSS GT-5 Pedal Processor, but thinking to replace it with a new one, and excluding single stompboxes (don't like them, too noise, less signal quality), decided not to go on with BOSS (GT-10 I mean), after reading and putting my hands on it. I eventually chose the Line6 HD500 due to the superior sound(s) quality

"WOW!" submitted October 23, 2013

By Larry Y in Manteno , IL
Musical Background: 40 years, guitar, drums, bass and keyboards
Music Style: Rock, blues , christian
Overall: This is a guitarist dream come true every stomp box,amp you can imagine, all editable, a lot to learn but not difficult I say again WOW!.

"Line 6 POD HD500" submitted March 27, 2012

By Luis Sexto in Tapachula, NA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for about 8 years. I play covers and record songs of my own too.
Music Style: Alternative Rock, Indie, Experimental, Grunge, Pop Rock. etc.
Overall: Excellent Sound, I was not sure in changing my POD x3 live with the HD500. but once I tested, could hear the big difference about the sounds, It is more realistic. And the effects sound with better fidelity than my POD x3 live. I'm completely satisfied. And of course it is my favorite to record on my PC.

"pod hd rocks" submitted August 28, 2012

By charles leno in hinesville, GA
Musical Background: guitar
Music Style: christian
Overall: never owned a pedal with such fexibilty 0-60 in light speed and stops on a dime I see why the hand book is refererd to as a piliot hand book

"Hd 500" submitted April 25, 2013

By O B in Los angeles, CA
Music Style: Black metal, metal
Overall: it has a great sound no need for other pedals or EQ or Compressor wen its all there

"Models smodels. " submitted August 7, 2012

By Shannon Clemans in Canon City , CO
Overall
Musical Background: Was semi pro.
Sound: All gripes aside. It does sound good. It's like a good quality sliced and diced version of said amps. It's a line 6. It's line 6 tone. It's characterized by its tradmark. It's NOT these other amps. Feature: I LOVE the versatility. The assigning if controllers to up to 50+ parameters is a godsend. Morphing should have been developed years ago to simplify a performance. Goodbye tap dance hello intuition. It's nothing entirely new, it's just affordable now. Thanks line 6. Ease of Use: The whole dream rig, a little bit of a learning curve. Still having trouble updating my firmware. Etc. connection to computer is not going well. FIX IT!!!!!!!! Arrgghh. Quality: It's Chinese and Korean. Nice but, not floored by build quality. It's ambiguous. It was pricy for the whole rig. But it's unique. Value: $1,000.00 less if they don't get off they're ass and help me fix firmware issues. (whole rig-dream rig) Manufacturer Support: I simply cannot reach line 6. I'm a little pissed about the driver issues I'm having with my HD edit. It's like they're avoiding us. It's not uncommon to have a mariad of problems with line 6 software. Good luck reaching them. The Wow Factor: There is nothing like this rig in concept. VERY FUN. Inspiring. Keep a guy busy for days. I would like to see it develop into something more accurate though. Or have more analog components. All tube dt series with true single ended class a an a tube rectifier. Oh and tube driven reverb. Nothing like it. It cannot be "modeled". Overall: Ok, if your buying this thinking your gonna get the so called warehouse of actual gear that line 6 claims your getting, let's be frank. Your getting line 6 gear... End of story. It does allot-it's versatile VERY flexible but, it's nothing like the real thing...it's remenicent. The blackface amps are VERY GOOD, tweeds AWSOME. Brit ac's fair to good. Marshall's and Boogies... epic FAIL. Here again I find that they only attempted to model the modern high gain voicing. For us guys who actually grew up when guitar was king, we know that it's the vintage tube rectified low voltage Mesa tone that's more popular. Sure give us the option of the high headroom diode rectified modern tone as well but do it faithfully. Steven Randall us an obsessive amp designer. It's the trifecta of blending clean signal with dirty and using the power amp to shape the not only the feel but the tone of your Mesa sounds. Boogies are EXTREMELY versatile. Line 6 like most modeling amps missed the boat on this. The gain stage, WAY OVER THE TOP... Noisy, does not work in tangent with the power amp like Mesa amps do to reduce the damping. The tone controlls, HACKED. Mesa amps have custom tapers to serve duel purposes. The low end (bass) is huge in response because of the all tube series wired preamp- mixed with the headroom one can achieve with the real amp it's a monster-indescribable- well only actual Mesa owners know. Everything else us wishful thinking. Line 6 PLEASE PUT THE CONTOUR CONTROLLS IN THE JCM MODELS. This one knob is paramount in shaping Marshall tone.

"HD500" submitted February 4, 2013

By a customer from gmail.com in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, 24 years. Was in a cover band in the 90's now I play for Jesus
Music Style: 70's hard rock, Christian, Heavy Metal (good metal, i.e. Maiden, Sabbath, Priest, Saxon, etc.)
Overall: Bad ass machine

"Not Enough Dynamic Range, Too Much Compression" submitted January 13, 2013

By James Limborg in Roseville, MN, MN
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ Years Experience, Rock Guitarist, Music Writer, Producer
Overall: The Line 6 POD HD500 has way-to-much compression hard-wired in [Meaning, Even with the Compressor effect turned OFF it still has way-to-much compression... forcing my quiet-playing louder, and my louder-playing quieter... not having enough dynamic range]. I found the VOX Tonelab LE had way-to-much compression as well. I ended up getting a Roland BOSS GT-10. The BOSS GT-10 has plenty of dynamic range, and with the BOSS GT-10 you can get BOSS GT-10 Patches by James Limborg. The BOSS GT-10 lets you save 200 User Presets/Patches/Sounds.

"Dont buy it! Try it first, then try out a Zoom G3." submitted November 2, 2011

Musical Background: Professional performer/studio engineer
Music Style: Alternative Rock
Sound: Redundant sounds over and over. Alot of useless sounds unless you just want to make noise, nothing musical. The chorus was the deal breaker. I adjusted all the parameters on a simple chorus and it just didn't sound smooth, was very harsh and too lop sided. If you cant do a simple smooth chorus, whats the point of all the other fx. Feature: The looper was cool, and the buttons were small unlike the Boss Me70. You can actually hit a single button. Unfortunately, one of the buttons on my brand new unit already started sticking and had to return it with less than 10 hours on it Ease of Use: Getting around was ok, so many patches that were useless. I know I said that before, just think if I said it 99 times more. Thats what happens when you go thru all the on board presets....the same sounds over and over with an occasional different sound. Quality: Built heavy duty, but like I mentioned earlier, one of the patch buttons started sticking with less than 10 hours on it. Value: Over priced. Bought the Zoom G3 at a 3rd of the price and it blows it away! Manufacturer Support: N/a The Wow Factor: Nice footprint, but way over done in space taking with really only a handful of fx. Overall: Already returned it and bought the best pedal I have owned in 20 years....the Zoom G3

Line 6 POD HD500 FX Pedal Customer Review submitted November 2, 2010

Musical Background: Hoppyist
Sound: This is my first time reviewing a product, but I had a real LP and Marshall going back to 1990. I have a peavey jsx and the newer evh iii head thru a 4x10 celestion gt75 stereo cab; I can run the cab to distort the speakers somewhat, but not much. I like the way line6 could always emulate speakers to modify the sound. Unless you have the real estate or own a studio to have a lot of cabs on hand, I think this is a value for it's ability to test cabs alone. I don't know if they improved their product from the pod x3 from a cab perspective as I don't own it. But I have the pod xt. At this point I am very happy and don't expect to return it to the store which I bought from on Oct 10 in stock. I won't name the store, but you might guess. The key to the hd500 is to spend time with the tone in your head. It takes patience, but I love the way I can do this with the computer. To be honest, out of the box doesn't work exactly well with the amps I have, but I have been able to craft tones well with the computer. I am not a good one to work thru the unit itself. But I think the learning curve is intuitive on the floor for those who are used to the x3L, but even easier. Note I don't have the x3L, but have 2 other line6 floor units. Custometone.com already has a lot of fun presets to play with. If you can't wait for this, try asking at your local store. Feature: Compared to L6's pod farm 2 with my gearbox gold unit, it is somewhat limited in terms of number of tones, but the unique tones they have make up for it. Also the effects sound good. A/B'ng effects is impossible with my setup, but others on youtube have rated the new effects as better than the x3 side to side. Ease of Use: easy with the software, but on the board I have no opinion yet as it took a little time to get what I wanted. Just hook in the computer and you are easily in charge of your tone. Quality: It appears solid, but made in china is not encouraging. Value: I would have returned it within 30 days if not. Manufacturer Support: line6 is a tech company that if the unit broke down, I am not confident in their fix compared to other companies. If 500 dollars is a big number for your teenage or otherwise poor budget, I might buy a warranty, but if you have a career, $500 is not much to lose as the warranty usually costs a lot compared to the product. They make a ton on that insurance by the way. The Wow Factor: no opinion

"Excellence meets users !" submitted January 16, 2012

By Sayantan Dasgupta in Chennai, NA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing the Guitar for the last ten years, I play the Blues and my band is "Black n White Concept"
Music Style: Blues and Rock
Overall: Its such a versatile device and I'm more than happy with this flagship item. Thanks a ton Line 6 team, all the very best ! Cheers, ShayGotBlues (India)

When you call, mention priority code 143L-0R2Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976