When you call, mention priority code 1548-LFT1

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 POD HD300 FX Pedal

Get amp models that sound like the real thing with this multi-effects pedalboard. You also get over 80 modern and vintage effects and 128 user presets.

"Everything I could have asked for with bonuses." submitted August 14, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Musical Background: Just started playing with others (intermediate)
Music Style: Gospel, Christian, Country, Blues.
Sound: I mostly play clean, and the clean sounds I can achieve from the HD 300 are very well done. I once owned a silver faced twin that I was quite fond of, however it was very heavy and very loud. With the HD 300 I can dial up sounds that I remember from that amp. Feature: I Love the vast array of effects, paired with ten different amp models, that I can direct record to my PC. This will help no doubt help my skill grow and open opportunities for me to play with other musicians. And when I get that chance, I will be well equipped to dial up whatever sound the situation calls for. Ease of Use: It does take a fair amount of tweaking to get a custom sound, however there are lots of tones on customtone.com if you are looking to copy the sound of other guitarists. Quality: I only use the HD 300 at home (for now, but it does not matter. This thing is made very well and I can see it making it out of my house without any trouble at all. Value: The POD HD 300 seems a bit overkill for my play-style. Everyone is different in this though. It does seem to lean more towards rock and blues players. It would be nice to see more direct attention payed to country, bluegrass and gospel music. I guess to be fair though, compared to other items of this nature, the price was spot on. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal directly with tech support as of yet. The Line 6 website is a great tool and offers everything you need to get your POD plugged into your PC or whatever else you wish. The Wow Factor: It is very pleasing to the eye.

"Best value in floor processors." submitted November 2, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Sound: I've played it now through a Roland KC550 keyboard amp, my guitar tube amp, a rehearsal sized PA and at a club direct to the PA. Amp models are great, from Fender cleans to Engl thunder. Effects are so good that I'm selling everything on my pedal board, then maybe even my guitar amp (keyboard amp and my Pocket Pod would be the backup). Feature: Most everything you need on this model, but the 300 limits which effects can be used at the same time, doesn't let you pick the order in your chain, run two rigs at the same time, or use with a Variax guitar. None of these bothered me and I like the smaller size. I do wish I had more switches to have 5 or 6 patches easily available at once like the others. Ease of Use: Edits are easy and pretty intuitive on both the editing software and the unit. Quality: Looks and feels sturdier than the old plastic pods. Value: Seems reasonable for all they pack in there. Much cheaper than a dozen iconic amps and a bazillion effects and will save my aging back too. Manufacturer Support: No experience yet. Bought the extended warrantee though and I usually don't. This type of thing could easily have something fall or spill on it. The Wow Factor: Looks more professional than the last generation of Line 6 or Digitech floor units. Overall: I would replace this in a heartbeat.

"I GOT IT YOU NEED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted June 6, 2011

By a customer from sssnet.com
Music Style: Worship music and Rock
Sound: The HD 300 has a wounderful sound. I have been playing for over 20years and have alot of gear. The pod HD series has the characteristics of a tube amp which is what most of us players want , but can't always afford! The sound is very expressive because when you turn the volume knob on your guitar and use a lite touch on the strings it cleans up like a tube amp. When you turn up it getrs gritty and has that creamy smooth tube break up. I use this product every week at my Church.I am a Worship leader at a Church in Ohio and we do alot of different syles of worship music and this has not let me down yet nor will it! My set up is simple the left mono to my amp and the XLR out to the house PA.I also mic the amp and blend the two sounds but that is me just being a little over the top:) You can put this straight to a powerd speaker like a QSC k10 series speaker or a small PA lke a Fender Passport and it sounds great! The amp I am using with it is a Fender fm65 dsp wich is a cheap amp that sounds great with is. I would like to try it with a tech 21 power engine 60 and see if there is a big difference. I think a clean power amp and a cab or a power engine 60 would be the best if you can afford it. The only thing I wish it had was a longer loop time for the loop function. But for the money this thing packs a great bang for the buck!The effects are really great also because they have a analog sound very warm and user freindly! I hve not had the time to do any recording with it but I know it will get the job done.really a nice piece of kit. Well thought out and easy to use. The Pod hd 300 edit tool is also very cool because it puts all the amps and effects all on one page to look at on your laptop or home PC. Thanks and keep up the good work!!!!! Feature: Yes, the product came with the usb cord to use it with your home PC.They did a great job and gave you what you need to run this gear!! Ease of Use: Like any piece of gear you need to work with it. The POD HD is very easy to get a great sound. The use of buttons and knobs makes it much like an amp so it feels very comfortable. The manual is limited and short but you can download a pdf file and print the whole manual out if you like. I have not really needed the manual for to many things though. Quality: This thing is built to take the road. I have had no problems with this product IT IS ROCK SOLID!!!!!! Value: GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: NO prblems!! So I don't really know how they are to work with.I'm sure they are very good and would answere any qoustion or problem you may have. Overall: I an sold on it and expect to have it for a long time!!!!

"well worth waiting for" submitted February 18, 2011

Musical Background: 47 years playing rock/metal
Music Style: rock/metal
Sound: i own all the pods, rp's,tonelabs and boss modelers. yeah, gearhound :) this pod is light years ahead of any of the other modelers i own. the twin, dr z and hiwatt alone are worth the price. i also use the recto a good deal. this modeler feels and responds very similarly to my tube amps. i run straight into my pa. cant move the amps anymnore due to my back. with this modeler, i do not feel any need for an amp any more. the hd 300 is easy to program, sounds exactly the same going to the pa or via usb recording. i run several usa strats, a prs ce 24 and an ibanez rg 550 into it. all sound great. i play everything from hendrix, clapton, pink floyd, van halen to via and all my sounds are in the hd 300. Feature: i comes complete. just plug it in. Ease of Use: i never use or even listen to modeler factory presets. i have never heard a decent one. just sampling the amps of the hd 300 will impress you. they are set up nicely as a good starting place fo building your own patches. Quality: appears well made and sturdy. Value: worth more than it costs Manufacturer Support: never had any need to contact line 6 The Wow Factor: a must have for any serious guitarist Overall: will keep it till it dies would locate and terminate anyone that stole it :) would buy another if lost i love most of the amp models i really like the singing sustain like a real amp at volumn

"It's great for recording, and playing live, and I have recommended it to my friends. looking forward to learning more and more a" submitted May 29, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician and been playing guitar for 10 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal
Sound: The sounds are out there on some effects. Other affects contribute well to giving the solos that little something extra, such as delay, chorus, etc. the sounds respond greatly very pleased. the sounds are expressive and allow me to give off the feeling i'm trying to convey.I have achieved the sound I was trying to get for my bands originals/other artist tones. All amp sounds sound great through the amp and projected live. The POD HD 300 sounds great by itself. Studio sounds at times can sound low when used by itself but when live it explodes, but sounds good n just requires a little adjusting. I am using a Randall combo amp with the POD HD300, and sounds amazing. More bank settings as apposed to one and the given 31 Feature: No accessories were included, but it did come with Edit Library which works great. Ease of Use: It was easy once you get used to it and fool around with the amps and cabinets. there was a bit of a learning curve, the manual that you get online is clear. And to hook up to the instrument it's very playable. Quality: Product is made very well, bullet proof metal, it's a beast, and its super reliable. I depend on it with out any worry, would be great for on road use,seems it will last a really long time. Value: Selling price is great, compared to other simulating effect pedals or amp modeling pedals its great and on top, one product that claims to be just as good costs four times as more but it fails short of the POD HD300 Manufacturer Support: I have never had to call them so that says a great thing about the product, and from all the informational videos I have seen from this company, I rate the support a 10. The Wow Factor: Not much sex appeal, but it could be a weapon, but knowing how great it sounds I deff lust for it, so much so that I bought it. Overall: I've had it for 2 weeks and am loving it, every time I look at the product I want to play it.

"Sounds like 98% tubes!" submitted May 9, 2011

Overall
Music Style: rock, jazz, blues, classical fusion, metal
Sound: I've had my HD300 for about 6 months, and it sounds great. I have been waiting for many years for a simple, software driven device to get close to the sounds I get from my old Hughes and Kettner tube preamp. If you have a psychological attachment to glowing metal, nothing may help you, but this unit is as good as any I've tried. I have an old charvel/jackson XL550, and play with in-ear monitors and use the DI features (no amps to keep stage noise down). The only downside is there is a faint hiss that comes through even with no inputs. When the music is playing, you'd never notice it. In the quiet, it shows up. Feature: The power supply is a right angle wall wart. Far as wall warts go, it's nice, but I'd prefer a straight plug to get into crowded power strips. Ease of Use: Once you get the hang of how the interface works, it is fairly quick to get the tone you want. It would be nice to have an adjustment that could move the mic from the center of the speaker cone to the edge to vary the tone a bit more. Quality: Everything is made tough. The only improvement they could make would be to make it waterproof. Value: All the value I could find for a similar package. The Wow Factor: Very practical, black hides on the stage, metal is tough. It will take my stomps. Overall: No plans for upgrading, but would like to kill the hiss.

"Awesome!!" submitted October 20, 2012

By John T in Omaha, NE
Musical Background: Been playing for 15 years, semi pro weekend warrior
Music Style: Blues, Blues Rock, Jazz, Country, Gospel, Christian Contemporary.
Overall: I puchased the HD 400 a year ago for my studio and loved it so much that I wanted another to take on the road. Still a ton of effects and tweaks but I use these primarily for the amp modeling. These can actually make my super clean ZT Club anp sound like a vintage Fender, Marshall or Boutique amp.

"A great modeller and FX unit !! Great Price!!" submitted May 22, 2011

Music Style: Blues/rock/fusion/Jam
Sound: Line 6 really upped the ante with the HD series....Sounds and feels close to a great tube amp Feature: It's perfect for what it is Ease of Use: It's very easy to use...I create all my own patches...From Marshall and Vox to Fender......rea; nice Quality: Very well made!!! Value: Absolutely..... The Wow Factor: It's a great tone tool Overall: I'm very happy with it...I'd replace it if it was stolen

"POD HD300, very nice multi-effect processor device !!!" submitted May 23, 2012

By Bruno V in El Paso, TX
Musical Background: Pro-Musician / Guitar player
Music Style: Metal Rock
Sound: One word, Excellent !!! Feature: Setting knobs can definitively need to be and feel heavy duty, which is something its not on this POD. Ease of Use: Line 6 can improve here, it is some how limited compared to POD HD 500 Quality: The overall chassis seems road worthy, BUT NOT the setting knobs, they fell very weak. Value: I think can worth $299, rather than current cost Manufacturer Support: I haven't really use it The Wow Factor: Overall sound is pretty good, better on amp simulation than all previous POD models, highly recommended for this price range. Overall: Improved and smoother amp simulation compared with previous PODs versions, thumbs up here line6. BUT BE WARNED !!! if you are the type of person who doesn't like to experiment and TWEEK/EDIT set ups, you wont get the the best out of this excellent device. You also have to experiment several guitar set ups to achieve a fine and smooth sound, but trust me, you'll enjoy. Only tree cons can I found on this POD, all of which they can definitely improve;1. Setting knobs feels some how week, they can probably be break very easily.2. There are no individual push buttons to go up and down on bank pre-sets which is very, very unpractical.3. The type of effects available are grouped in a way, you can not use them as desire (for instance; You are limited to use only one effect of the one group at the time, which limits your overall musical experience..

"pod hd 300 try it and you will know it!!! ....its owesome" submitted September 1, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician", "Recording Engineer", "Band Director"
Music Style: Rock, "Alternative"Drum and Bass", "Techno
Sound: the sound is best, only the usb monitor is not in the software driver, so i have to setup trough the hardware. Feature: maybe more pedal? hehehehehe Ease of Use: its not to easy but once u get use to it it become easy very2 easy Quality: hmmmmmm let me try it, i just got this about a month

"Great tones, great for studio, but poor switch design for playing live" submitted September 13, 2012

By Paul F in Hong Kong, NA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist of too many years ...
Music Style: manly rock, blues, punk, but anything that has noisy guitars
Overall: My suggestion: If you are thinking about buying an HD300 for live performances then DON'T!!! Get the HD400 instead, its really worth the extra cost. The bank up/down double press and the mode buttons on the HD300 are way way way too easy to press by accident, especially on a dark stage, making you look like an idiot. But for home use or recording its hard to beat.

"Line 6 POD HD300 Amp Multi-Effects Pedal" submitted February 16, 2013

By Praveen Kanwal
Musical Background: Guitarist
Music Style: Blues
Overall: For Line 6 to cut through such stalwarts as Boss, Korg etc., they'd have had to take a 'quantum leap' over the 'Tone' competition .... the POD HD300 fires on all '6 Lines' and the ability to easily toy around with so many 'tones' makes this machine a guitarists' delight !!!

"Line 6 POD HD300 Amp Multi-Effects Pedal...ROCKS!!" submitted January 15, 2012

By Tom S in Tampa, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I am a professional Singer/Songwriter. I play acoustic & electric guitar and harmonica
Music Style: If I had to label what I do, it would be called "Country-Blues"
Overall: After reading other reviews and the specs for this product I decided to give it a try. The Line 6 POD HD300 is an AWESOME piece of equipment. Besides the excellent amps and effects, it has all the hook-ups anyone needs. I bought this on the 4 payments plan so I could be using it while I pay. It's a good deal.

When you call, mention priority code 1548-LFT1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976