When you call, mention priority code 156F-35C7

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Micro Spider

Put this 6-watt, battery-powered amp up against any amp twice its size and the other will pale in comparison.

Overall

"This is exactly what I needed for a portable practice amp. The battery life is good enough to sit around for hours and play wit" submitted July 20, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Studio and Live Lead Guitaris / Lead Vocalist for over 35 years.
Music Style: High Energy Rock
Sound: For a small cary around practice amp, this can't be beat. The sounds are GREAT, and I can now I'm not stuck with acoustic guitar only, when sitting around outside with friends playing and singing. The battery life is better than expected, so even in the middle of nowhere, I can still have great sounds available to me! Feature: Everything you need is built in. The Reverb and Delay are a little weak, but they didn't need to offer them in the first place, and besides, with the sounds you get from this amp, you will only need a little if any. The power supply, [although large] is built well, and designed well. It is in the middle of the cable, so ot doesn't block any spots on a wall plug, or a power strip. Ease of Use: Just turn it on and start! Reading the manual is helpful, but not necessary. It's just that simple! Quality: It seems sturdy. I am very gentle with my equipment, but I think it would be very forgiving if you transported alot. Value: Worth every penny! Great bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: I have only called Line 6 to tell them how much I think they "Got It Right". And their website is great and full of info! The Wow Factor: It's just right the way it is. Overall: I love the versatility, and have already bought a second one just in case something were to happen to this one. I don't want to NOT have one available to me. If there is anything better on the market, I havn't found it.

"You get what you pay for (in a good way!)" submitted May 29, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: recordist, active musician, songwriter, guitardian
Music Style: alternagrungepunkfolkhopshreddygarageyprogrockvirtuosobabble
Sound: It is really responsive to your picking strength even at low volumes. It is WAY louder than I thought it would be when I turned it all the way up. It doesn't lose quality that I have noticed even at the lowest or highest volumes. It has a noise gate that you can turn on or off too so you can be really loud on it and not hear any fuzz in the background. I usually use my zoom pedal for tone and just go clean, but I have just plugged direct into it and chugged around with the metal and insane channels just for laughs. You would be surprised how loud ths thing is for its size. The mic input doesn't change with the guitar model you choose, it is just clean, so essentially you are getting a free mini-mixer with it. I am not into the 'insane' sound other than for goofing off with metal riffs for laughs, but it is pretty versatile if that is your thing. The direct record out is a very nice touch if you do your work in headphones or through a computer, because it can sound like it is a huge guitar amp on a recording with all the modeling, without actually waking up your neighbors. Feature: IT IS NOT A WALL-WART!!! I was so happy that a company actually had the brains to make an adaptor that has an extended cable, because they know that home recording studios are often cramped for space on the power strip. It makes me feel like they were thinking ahead. There are so many little hidden features on this thing it really amazes me still and I've had mine for about a month. Built in tuner, 2 effect processors, the battery power option, direct record out, the mic-in and line-in essentially turn it into a 3-channel powered mixer with a guitar amp and a couple of effect pedals (6 total but only 2 at a time) and a tuner, noise gate, and a D.I. all thrown into one little box. That is cool. Ease of Use: It's an amp, dude. It ain't rocket science. There are a couple of tricky things, like the extra uses for the 'tap' button, or how to save a sound setting (it has 4 memory slots you can save your own settings for) that I had to check the manual for, but other than that you just plug it in, turn it up, and it automatically adjusts the EQ to the sound model you picked if you want it to. Yeah it's pretty easy. Quality: This thing seems solid. I can tell the company wants to have a reputation for being high quality gear, instead of some janky ghetto rig that you worry will break. I'm not worried at all. If I pay twice as much as another amp I want to be pretty reassured that my little box won't die easily. They did a good job. Value: It is nice. But it is expensive compared to other amps this size. If you are just looking for a cheap practice amp you are better off going for something simpler. With this, you are paying extra because of the tuner, the effects, the mic mixer, the possible battery power, the amp modelling record out, etc. etc. If you just want to plug in and blast I would suggest one of those little Peaveys or something similar for half the price. If you want a package that does an awful lot more then this thing shines. I love mine. But yeah, it is a bit on the expensive side for a little amp. Manufacturer Support: They have a website where people post new sound settings and ideas for audio for it. I only browsed it once, but it's nice that it's there. I haven't had to use the warranty or call for help so I don't really know regarding that. The Wow Factor: Its compact, it does a LOT, it's portable, it's nice and neat and to the point looking. I picked this out of a wall of little practice amps as the only one I would be willing to buy. The mic-in was what sold me. And it really sounds good. This is not some 'gain+vol+low+hi' generic amp. I can play this anywhere AND have a mic to sing at the same time if I want to. It's louder than you think it would be when you crank it and it doesn't get all muddy when it's all the way up. All of these things make it a sexy little box. I have a fetish for compact gear that has more than one application though so maybe my judgement is a bit slanted. Overall: I cannot give it a 10 here because it is pretty expensive for a little amp. However, you do get what you pay for. It is way ahead of other practice amps because of all the extra features. The 'record out' jack for instance for direct recording, the mic mixer, line-in, programmable settings, battery option, non-wallwart adapter, extra effects, tuner... all that stuff. It is durable, it is small, it is loud, and it has all these little added stuff. classy, but pricey.
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This little Thing ROCKS!!!!" submitted October 4, 2012

By Jay Powell in Winchester, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 36 years...Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals.... Professional
Music Style: Several, including blues and metal
Overall: I am a full time, multi-band musician. I wish this little gem of an amp were foot-controllable, then I'd never bother using anything else. When I mic this amp and use it for church, it performs like a dream, it is a LITTLE amp, so your tones won't be HUGE unless you put it in the pa. If you rely on your skill versus just pounding people with volume, you can use this thing any so many applications it's sick! I'm buying more of them I put the 6 C batteries in and get 20 hours of use. Street performers can do well to have one of these!!! I can't say enough about it! I will record with this amp, you can bet your booty on that! If you are a constant gigging a rehearsing pro, you won't find a better practice amp.

"Micro spider lets me be creative anywhere!" submitted May 11, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Blues- Rock-Country
Sound: First off remember this is a battery powered amp and amongust the battery powered amps this has awesome sound, has a few effecte and models which sound really good !! Feature: again for a battery powered amp the amp models and effects you ust will not find in any other product. Also this product has an acoustic setting which works very well. A very nice suprise. Ease of Use: works just like the other Line 6 Spider amps easy and quick to make changes . Quality: Sloid build I have taken this to the beach and out to many a park for pratice and playing with friends, still looks great. Value: for all you get the price simply cannot be beat! Manufacturer Support: when i first bought it and got it home the battery clip on one end of the holder was missing, the local rep got it resolved in a few days, told me to use the amp with the power supply and he would swap it out with new one . The Wow Factor: looks are pretty much the same as the other Spider amps. Overall: I am very happy with my little Micro Spider amp, love being able to play my electrics anywhere.

"DISAPPOINTED" submitted September 30, 2011

By a customer from HOTMAIL.COM
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: OLDIES POP ROCK COUNTRY
Sound: THE SOUND ITSELF IS OK BUT I WAS DISAPPOINTED THAT THE EFFECTS EVEN WHEN KNOB IS TURNED TO OFF ARE STILL PRESENT & DISTORTED I BOUGHT THIS FOR A PRACTICE AMP TO CARRY ALONG ANYWHERE, BUT I WONT BE USING IT TOO MUCH DUE TO THIS PROBLEM

When you call, mention priority code 156F-35C7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976