When you call, mention priority code 1615-CD55

Rating and Reviews: Line6 M9 Stompbox Modeler

The Line 6 M9 puts a plethora of stompbox effects at your feet. With over 100 professional-sounding effects, the Line 6 M9 is practically a necessity.

"m9 the killer addition to any board" submitted May 29, 2011

Musical Background: recording - active musician - band leader - 20 plus yrs
Sound: I have been using the DL4 for years - I love it . The M9 has all my dl4 in it and much more. When looking for a fuzz pedal and maybe a phaser or chorus I did not have the cash or the room on my board for a pedal I may use once in a while. I tried boss multi effects m70 and was really nice but did not fit or intergrate into my board so well. Also it had a very bright sound playing through my amp - 65 fender deluxe reverb ri. I did some research and tried at the store - it was all I could imagine - the expression pedal opens it up even more - I bought the misssion engineering expression made for line 6 - it works flawlessly. Feature: this is only the stomp box modellers - no fancy usb - no headphones - just what i need to put on my board. expression pedal options(2) and stereo in and out - plus midi which I may not need. built tough,just the right size for my board, about the same as dl4 Ease of Use: very easy to use - a few hours of fun and i'm set - the sounds are amazxing - I don't use many of the distortions, sometimes fuzz Quality: who knows how long anything lasts, t feels good and seems tough. It stays on my board and I don't trash my gear. Value: this is well worth the price Manufacturer Support: I have talked to then re my dl4 a few years -they were good - the recent call to them I registered the m9 - they were great then too The Wow Factor: yes it's sexy and because it works so well it's even better Overall: yes I would replace it - I won't be looking for anything else - I have what I need for gear needs - on my board anyway

"M9 stompbox the simple solution" submitted April 2, 2014

By Steve Townsend
Musical Background: been gigging in a variety of bands for 30+ years
Music Style: Classic rock, acoustic rock and folky stuff too
Overall: simplicity is what ranks this unit above other multi-fx in the price range. I use a Takamine acoustic (piezo) straight into a Bose L1 pa system and all I needed was an array of subtle and easily tweakable effects to colour the acoustic sound but no instrument or amp modelling as it clashes with the Tonematch engine of the Bose. This is perfect for the job.I think it should be marketed more at the acoustic player more as it is so well suited. I have owned and gigged several multi-fx units over the years but this is certainly the closest to a row of separate pedals; On/Off, depths and mix are so easy to achieve and, for me at least, the biggest selling point was that you can assign any one of the effects to any place on the pedal so there's no dedicated OD/dostortion bit, modulation bit, delay/reverb bit etc. and you can put them where you like. Straight out of the box most of the patches are set to demonstrate the full extent of each effect but none are terribly excessive compared with competing products. In use the effects can be quite subtle and are all easily manageable. Very robust too. Great stuff

"Coolest thing I've gotten in the last couple of years." submitted April 4, 2011

By a customer from juno.com
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Jazz
Sound: The M9 sounds great. There are so many effects to choose from that, IMO it would be hard for anyone not to find effects combinations that work for them. I like it simple so my main "scene" is: A1 MXR comp, B1 Uvibe A2 Heavy Dist, B2 Tube Dist A3 Tube delay, B3 63 spring I can cover a lot of ground with this simple scene. Feature: I like the simplicity of the M9. That's probably the best feature. Like the M13, it's just as easy to tweak the effects as individual stomp boxes. No saving, no multiple menus to navigate. VERY intuitive. I like the global noise gate too. Great little addition so you don't have to use up an effect with a gate. Probably the only thing that I would have liked is an effects loop. Would be nice to run this using the 4 cable method, but since I'm mainly using a clean amp and distorting from the M9, it's not much of an issue. If you want to be able to run comps, distortions and the like in the front of the amp and have your delays, reverbs etc through your amp's effects loop, get the M13. You can do the 4CM with that one. Ease of Use: For a multi effects unit, it has to be the easiest one to use out there. The only one that's easier would be the M13 since it has one screen per effects unit vs one screen for the whole thing on the M9...that hasn't been an issue for me. Quality: Nice heavy duty casing. I took off one point because I'm not a fan of the foot switches that L6 uses. So far they seem fine, but I wonder how many years of stomps they will handle. Also, the knobs to tweak the effects seem a little on the cheap side. I'm not hard on them, but it wouldn't take much to snap one off. Value: If I were to purchase the actual effects just for the 6 that I use in my main setup, the M9 is much cheaper right away. 100+ effects, most of which I'll probably not use, but is there just in case. It really is worth the price IMO. Manufacturer Support: Never called support for this unit, but have dealt with L6 support before and they've always been very helpful to me. The Wow Factor: I like the fact that it's black and unassuming. Hate the look of those bright colors Boss uses on their multi effects units. Makes them look cheap. Is it sexy? Who cares, it sounds good...that's all that matters. Overall: Overall, this thing is great. Out of all of the gear that I've gotten in the last couple of years, this is my favorite. It's small enough to fit in my guitar gig-bag, heavy duty enough to not worry about gigging with it and sounds great. I can plug it into my main rig, or if I'm sitting in with a band or going to a jam session, as long as I have a decent clean amp to plug into, I get my sounds. I just show up with one guitar gig bag with my trusty PRS and this and I'm set. Don't pay attention to the L6 haters...some people can't get past their preconceptions. Is everything L6 makes great? No, but neither is Boss, MXR, EH etc., etc.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Modeling or the real thing..?" submitted May 10, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active rocker.
Sound: The mods are pretty good with chorus, vib, rotary,delay, q wha all modeling well. The reverbs are a thing with me cause even average ears can hear lame verb. Pretty lame. The distortions are also pretty lame. The usual complaint really with these digital modeler type pedals..the signal simply dies off. Fortunately we had a JVM Marshall and it has it all. I think this could be a mod pedal on a small board with some boutique distortion and verb and a volume/ wha.. Feature: Easy to set up pedals.. Very good feature! Ease of Use: Well this is how it should be! Quality: Again modeling is what it is.. Value: To me for 400 it seems high. For instance of the mods on the market the eventide blows this off the stage. The combo type boxes are ruled by TC nova series who's tones are better, decay is more real and sell for the mid 300's. It uses the samer chips as the G-system and for mods it is no contest.. Manufacturer Support: They are great and I have 6 or 7 lifetime experiences with Line 6. They know this important! The Wow Factor: None Overall: Overall the idea of 100 pedals and a gate with 4 in series sounds appealing but your ears may feel differently. Distortions and reverb are..lame. I would look to TC nova or just put your best 4 pedals in a bag with a wha and plug into a good tube amp and stop kidding yourself with these modelers..

"Does what it needs to do." submitted August 21, 2011

Overall
Sound: I use the M9 mainly for the time based effects and some of the compressors through the loop on my amp head. At various times i may also use it for bass and acoustic. I don't have many other stomp boxes to compare the unit to, but i've used rack effects and other multi-effect units, and the sounds of this box are just as good. i would suggest using a different M9 or volume based effect into the front of the amp, and the M9 for time based effects through the loop. A better feature for the M9 in the future would be the ability to send the 1st FX unit pre or post with a separate send and return. This would also be a great feature on the M13 if it doesn't have it already. A built in expression pedal would also be handy. Feature: built in expression pedal and pre/post send/return for 1st FX unit. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed to speak with them. Overall: The M9 does what I want it to do.

When you call, mention priority code 1615-CD55. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976