When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-HP5V

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 M5 Modeler

With over 100 built-in effects, the Line 6 M5 Stompbox Modeler saves space on your pedalboard without losing anything -- it even has a built-in tuner!

"Swapped out my pedal tuner for a slew of great FX." submitted May 12, 2011

Musical Background: semipro
Music Style: anything
Sound: I incorporated the M5 into my pedalboard that includes many boutiquey pedals. Removed my tuner, cleared a little more space arround it, now I have a tuner that doubles as virtually any effect I want. It usually is my Leslie simulator, but it's great to have a single pedal that when recording or just coming up with sounds can be just about any effect. Echoplex with tap tempo, seek wah, ring modulator, tremolo with tap tempo, univibe, tube driver, dynacomp compressor, spring reverb, you name it it's in there. Feature: I give it a 9 only because it does not run off of one output of my pedalpower 2. I have ordered the jumper cable to combine 2 of the pedal power's outputs to produce the necesary voltage to power the M5. Until then I have powered it with the included adapter plugged into standard ac jack on the pedal power. Ease of Use: Chose a model and the knobs allow you to edit it like a familiar analog pedal. No paging through screens. Quality: Solid metal construction. Value: It was worth it for me. I can't think of another product that delivers this quality and quantity of FX at such a reasonable price. The Wow Factor: It looks OK. A bit utilitarian, could be more hip/retro. Overall: It's versatile enough to keep me happy for a while, but I'm always buying more pedals!

Line 6 M5 Modeler Customer Review submitted September 20, 2011

Overall
Sound: This pedal sounds great! The presets are a little generic... but the magic is definitely there to be found. Each effect has a great range of tones, and it's not hard to tweak and massage them to your liking. The distortions and fuzzes are absolutely great. They are very reactive. The delays and reverbs are top-tier. I've heard some pedals that were a bit warmer, but not at this price, and they were single effect boxes. I use this in the effects loop of my Line 6 X3 in my bass rig. It has some effects that work better for bass than others (the deeper chorus settings are a little over the top for bass), but they all work well and sound good. Feature: It came with a power supply... but it works just fine with my Boss power supply, even with 2 other pedals on the same powersupply. It has a pretty good tuner built in, so if you are at a point on your pedalboard where you only have room for one pedal, this will still do it, because it can replace your tuner! 100 effects with a tuner. Who couldn't find room for that? Ease of Use: There is a slight learning curve with this pedal. It's definitely easier than any other processor I've played with, but it does take a little thought to get comfy with it. Once it's set up and tweaked out, though.... it's absolutely stomp-box easy. Quality: Very well made. I only gave it a nine because I don't want to sound like a Line 6 fanboi. Overall: I believe this pedal has scratched my gear itch, and will keep it at bay for a long time. It does exactly what I wanted it to, and surprised me with some very cool effects I thought I'd never use. IF I lost this, I would absolutely have to replace it... if I didn't replace it with another M5, I'd replace it with it's bigger brother, the M9. But, this fits the bill for relatively compact and versatile... so I'd be compelled to stick with it.

"Line 6 Scores Big with Little Pedal" submitted October 23, 2011

Overall
Sound: The sounds here are amazing. Like the original series of pedals, Line 6 did a great job of copying the real pedals and then adding some additional tweaks. Their new takes on old ideas are equally great. Feature: In addition to the actual knobs, there are some hidden tricks that allow you to go deeper in both the tweaking and programming. What makes this great is that if you just like to change what you can see, it's super easy, but with some homework you can do even more. Ease of Use: Super easy to use right out of the box. Even the pre-programmed sounds are usable instead of being way over the top like some pedals. Quality: Other than the plastic footswitches, it's built like a tank and should stand the test of time. Value: For $200 you get 100 pedals, so that's $2 each. Pretty darn good deal. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them yet, but their website is very comprehensive and the forum is a good source of help. The Wow Factor: Very cool looking and my band was extremely interested in how I was getting so many sounds from one little pedal. Overall: If you only buy one stomp box, this is the one to have. I truly does it all.

"A really good stompbox simulator" submitted March 19, 2012

By Larry Lion in Caledon, ON
Musical Background: Playing 30+ years, Sem-Pro, Electric & Acoustic guitar
Music Style: Rockabilly, Country, Pop-Rock
Overall: The simulations (models) are extremely well done, unlike a lot of other multifunction pedals (like the COSM-based ones, in particular). The M5 pedal sims actually perform as advertised, which is not always the case. The layout is logical, and the pedal suits my needs for "an occasional" dedicated pedal, so that I don't have to have a large number of pedals lying around, or a big pedalboard. My only complain is the power consumption: this pedal is advertised as using 200mA, but it drains way more than that from my pedal board, so much so that my Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ supply could not cope, even on the 250mA circuit.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-HP5V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976