When you call, mention priority code 20G-R33N

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Helix Floorboard

Line 6 goes pro with the Helix. Loaded with the HX modeling engine, this Floorboard can recreate the tone in your head -- and replace a rack full of effects.

"First Impression Bad; Second Impression Fantastic" submitted March 12, 2016

By Richard Chapman in Rosamond, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 45 years.
Music Style: Blues, rock, metal.
Sound: After tweaking various parameters for only about a half-hour, I was able to find "my sound" fairly easily. This is a complicated device and it definitely has a bit of a learning curve, but once I started getting the hang of it, the sounds that I was looking for suddenly burst out of the Helix and quite honestly, the quality of the sound totally blew me away. This is a very responsive unit and not only that, its low noise was a big surprise to me. Once you drop a noise gate or two into your effects chain, and tweak their settings, you wind up with a rich, full sound that is almost dead silent when you stop playing. So far, I'm loving it. Feature: Best features..? Well, it's a complex but highly configurable device and its menus are fairly easy to navigate. For assigning footswitches and the like, the touch sensitive switches are a brilliant addition. The on-board display is large enough that you don't need to squint to read it. And the back-lit, ever-changing "scribble strips" above each footswitch are very, very cool. Ease of Use: Once you get everything set up to your own personal taste, the ease of being able to quickly change just about EVERYTHING on-the-fly, just by switching between one bank to another.... and to another... and to another... is as simple and as easy as can be. There is indeed a learning curve, as one might expect, but once you lean into it, everything begins to make sense to you. And the sounds are gorgeous... but only AFTER you start tweaking the various presets. Quality: I have no idea how long it will last... many years, I hope. Physically, it is very solidly built and it has a fair amount of heft to it... which is always a good sign. Solid aluminum all around. A good, logical placement of switches and knobs. I should also mention that it looks very cool. Value: Given the fact that most of these high-end digital rigs cost anywhere between $1,000 to $5,000... I'd say yes, it's price-to-value ratio is very high. It's manufactured in China, like most things these days, so we'll have to wait and see how reliable it turns out to be. So far, so good. Manufacturer Support: So far, I have not had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: Mainly what appeals to me about the Helix is the way that it squeezes hundreds of different sounds and features all "under one hood," without being so complicated that you end up walking away from it in frustration. I'm not quite ready to give up my old Marshalls yet, but the Helix is working beautifully through them... so that too is a major plus: it plays nice with my tube amps. Overall: Iv'e been playing through an "old school" analog pedalboard and Marshall stacks for about 40 years, but I finally caved in and decided to try a digital rig. So I bought myself a Helix, based on its reviews and its bang-for-your-buck ratio. Well after my first day with this contraption, I was ready to send it back to the music store. Because as I went through many of the various factory presets, everything sounded fizzy and "sterile" to me. But I knew that I had 45 days to return it, so I decided to hold off and give it another chance. So on my second day with the Helix, I got into its menus and started tweaking things...

"The Best Investment Of My Entire Rig!!!!" submitted August 2, 2016

By Joe V in Mundelein, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I am a worship pastor and lead guitiarst at my church...been playing and recording for over 20 years.
Music Style: Rock and Christian
Overall: I have owned this now for a month. zZounds had it to me with no hiccups and thank God i was able to do the play as you pay!!! So here's all of the arsenal I've ever owned: I've owned a Marshall DSL 100, Blackstar HT40, Bean PODS of every kind, HD500, HD500X and a plethora of pedals from boutiques to you average DD-20 delay pedal. I've played through budget guitars all the way up to my Gibson Les Paul. So i've been blessed to have been able to explore the full spectrum of tones. I"m a worship pastor at my church and play live every Sunday and have also played at different churches when the band would go on the road at different "venue" style environments. Hands down, this is the best thing that Line 6 has ever done!!!! I literally just finished selling the final pieces of my pedals because I do not need them at all!!! The reaction and feedback from each string being hit and the feel of hearing it warm and authentic. The simplicity of setting up patches and assigning midi commands along with using the edit mode while playing not having to stop. All in all, yes this is expensive no doubt but I personally guarantee it that you wont regret it. If you are a mid-level to pro level guitarist, do not hesitate and bite the bullet. The tonality that this thing has is like i went into a music store and bought every piece of dream rig i could and have it all to my availability. I am not being paid by anyone to say this...I am floored and blown away at how she sounds...and to be honest, how she looks!!!! Some of the musicians walk by and stop and love the huge screen and the color coded buttons. DO NOT hesitate...if you're serious about your sound and want the authenticity of the real deal without having to break your back carrying everything or your wallet trying to buy a fraction of it, this is the way to go. Think about this!!!! If you were to buy 1 combo or half stack tube amp...then buy certain pedals that you know is part of your sound...then buy a specific mic to mic your gear...custom or separate jumper cables...possibly even get a good quality power brick...you can easily spend between $2,000 - $3,000 without trying. And that is just 1 amp...for the price of this pedal, you can get your moneys worth on one patch and then still have the entire library of amps, cabinets, mics and IR capabilities to mix and match as your heart desires and that's not including the effect and pedals it models. You want real authentic tone sound with the blessing of portability and price (considering what the real deal costs) and sound just as good as the real thing, invest in this peace of heaven. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!

"Love the Helix!" submitted December 10, 2015

By Glen Johnson in Chico, CA
Musical Background: Working musician
Music Style: Rock n roll, jazz, pop, standards.
Overall: Pre-ordered my Helix a few months ago; got it at the end of October, 2015. Love this multi-effect pedal board! I now use it with MY dream rig: Helix - Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 36 amp head - two mini rectifier 1 x 12" speaker cabinets with 16 ohm Celestion V30 speakers. A mini-stack that sounds and looks great! I use the overdrive and distortion effects on the Grandmeister, then use the Helix to send killer presets into the effects loop. Plus, the Helix is also my MIDI controller! Can select presets and amp configurations via MIDI. Unique '5 Cable Method' set up. You can't go wrong with the Line 6 Helix. And, may I say, it looks so cool in the dark! Full color screen and multi-color LED rings for the footswitches. Line 6 hit a grand slam. Love it!

"Line 6's modeler redemption which gives the expensive two a run for the race..," submitted September 10, 2016

By Paul A in N Dallas, TX
Musical Background: over 40yrs playing
Music Style: heavy fusion mix, blues-rock-jazz-metal
Overall: I really do not care for the POD thing and would not have one and I was skeptical of the Helix possibly being a POD on steroids. I was delighted to be utterly wrong and over the top excited over creating presets on this puppy ranging from cleans to extreme high gain. Bloody amazing, worth every penny. The amp models are to die for, so real, so rich in feel and response plus all the cool programming features, footswitch assigns and naming, loops, just an infinite param range of tweaking and ideas one can invent. More memory slots and libraries than you could ever use, fantastic PC/Mac editor program. Line 6 just didn't hit this out of the park it went over the wall of the second stadium! Single best piece of gear I have ever had the pleasure of owning. Now you do not need to fret over trying to get a Fractal or Kemper, this unit genuinely competes with them that you really cannot tell an A/B between them. Effects are greatly improved and "component modeled" farm out to your fav pedals and just take advantage of the amazing amp and cab models as well as high end loadable user speaker IRs. Two independent or chain-able DSP line paths, multiple outputs, midi, and so much more. This is the deal in guitar 2016 technology, forget the factory stuff as you might expect and create your own it is an easy as picking something and placing the block in the chain.

"Helix floorboard review" submitted November 5, 2016

By Simon T
Overall
Overall: This thing is a monster. The tones are astounding, and the ability to forgo an amp and plug straight into a PA system without losing tone is phenomenal. Cannot recommend this more.

"Line 6 Helix" submitted February 10, 2016

By Morris Jones in Birmingham, AL
Overall
Overall: This is a great update from the Line 6 folks,but at also a great price. Ive had or tried about everything out there and I've settled down on the Atomic Amplifire for the money and for what I need it sounds as good or better than anything else I've tried. Sure it doesn't have as many options but, if you want simple and great sound it's hard to beat. In the end I returned the Helix I could not justify the cost against what I had and needed.

"Line 6 Helix "factory resealed"" submitted October 18, 2016

By joe lindberg in caldwell, ID
Overall
Overall: Doesn't even work. Turned on and nothing worked. Went to update and fix and usb is broken. Won't update, won't do anything. This is the worst thing I have ever bought.. I can't believe that this would even be sold broken. At 1400$ it shouldn't have any problems.I am so disappointed. I was really excited to get to try out the Helix. I guess I bought from the wrong website.

When you call, mention priority code 20G-R33N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976