When you call, mention priority code 14PC-CXNP

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 FBV MKII

This foot controller can do it all: Adjust your Line 6 amp, toggle settings on your POD, and send MIDI commands over USB with the free FBV Control software.

Line 6 FBV MKII Customer Review submitted September 28, 2011

Musical Background: active musicia
Music Style: rock, blues, metal
Sound: great features for controlling your line 6 spider amp. i have the spiderIV and this board allows me to change between settings quickly. i can also acces the guitarist presets and reassign them to user patches wich allows me to completely edit those presets the way that i like...i always want to tweak something. the wah pedal is not great i still use my regular wah sometimes it just depends on the song. great for live shows very durable and reasonably priced a must have if you have a spider amp Ease of Use: very simple to use very plug n play oriented Quality: well made nice packaging from the factory QA is great no missing pieces everything worked great straight out of the box Value: worth the money Manufacturer Support: havent used support no problems Overall: i love this because of the spider 4 amp it makes no sense to have one of this amps if you dont have this board it completely opens up everything on the amp and is completely progamable to your desires you can litterally re do all the presets on the amp from the board it rocks

"The foot controller for your Spider IV amp." submitted February 12, 2011

Music Style: Hard Rock/Metal
Sound: N/A Feature: It has switches for controlling the patch banks, channels and you can use it in stomp box mode for more flexibility in the sounds. You also have switch for Tap Tempo (never have used) but if you hold it down you can access the tuner. The tuning shows up on the footswitch screen which is a nice touch. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. I haven't tried doing any MIDI programming with it yet. No need at this point. It does what I want and need it to out of the box. Quality: This is a beast. Made of solid unobtainium or something. All metal chassis and switches. Weighs right at 10 pounds. Seriously. You might be able to break it drop it off a truck and running over it. Durability is not a concern I have with this. Value: A bit pricey for what it is. Around $200 for the unit. The main reason I got it was so that I could connect my amp to my computer. That way I can edit patches and update the firmware. There is no option to do this without a MKII footswitch. Manufacturer Support: Never used the phone support. Online support is great. Plenty of manuals and download stuff. The Wow Factor: No sex appeal here. Just a footswitch controller. Overall: For what it is and what it does I'm pleased with it. If it were crushed by a monster truck I would most likely replace it. If you have a Spider IV amp you really need this. I couldn't imagine standing in front of the amp and trying to get to my patches with the Nintendo controls. Plus the added benefit of using your computer to edit/create patches. This alone makes it almost indispensable.

"Must have if u own a Spider Amp!" submitted May 25, 2011

Music Style: Christian ,Rock
Sound: It Doesn't make any sounds but im sure if it it would be amazing Feature: its a nice layout works great with spider valve Ease of Use: just plug in the included RJ-45 to The Floorboard and the other end to your amo and your set Quality: its built very sturdy . the buttons feel solid when stomped on and the expression feels extremely solid. Value: its a great value .. having the FBV mkII makes switching a Breeze Manufacturer Support: ive never needed to contact line6 support but im sure they would be great to deal with. The Wow Factor: it doesnt look like a toy! this controller means business! although i would like to see a BLUE! Screen that would be cool Overall: overall if you own A Line6 Spider4 or an MkII Spider or any other line6 product thats compatible! this is a bare necessity.

"Essential for Line 6 Spider IV amp" submitted March 28, 2014

By Greg W in Bassett, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I play for personal pleasure and as a hobby.
Music Style: Anything but Hip-Hop. Can not stand Hip-Hop.
Overall: If you are going to get the most out of your new Line 6 Spider IV amp then this pedal is essential. Sure the express pedal will work just fine as well but I bought this one for the extra features. This pedal is built tough and looks like it could take a beating. It gives me full control over all the user presets. At first I was worried I wouldn't be able to access all of the presets that comes with the amp for different songs but programming them in advance in the user preset banks was a breeze. You also need one of these pedals to upgrade your amp. Very good quality, I am very pleased with this shortboard.

"A must have for any Line 6 amp owner" submitted September 25, 2012

By Josh L in Bluffs, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Been around music all my life. Playing guitar for about 6 years. Gigs for about 2 years.
Music Style: Rock/Metal, blues
Overall: I'm not gonna lie, besides switching to Line 6 for my amp, this is the best decision I have made to date, when it comes to buying gear. Especially being a live performer. I'd say you probably don't actually NEED this if you just play at home. But nevertheless, this is a great product. Some functions are slightly confusing at first (namely switching from volume to wah on the pedal[thought the pedal was going to break]).

"Excellent!!" submitted March 14, 2012

By Eric Elde in Salt Lake City, UT
Musical Background: Playing music for 17 years
Music Style: Black Metal, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Thrash Metal, Classic Rock
Overall: The MKII Controller is easy to use with the Spider IV, it makes the use of the effects so much easier and better. It is nice to have single effects dialed in somewhat like a pedal board. The volume/wah pedal works great. I highly recommend anyone who needs a foot controller for their line 6 to get this. With 4 monthly payments here at zZounds it is a no brainer!

""Blemished" Line 6 FBV Shortboard MKII Controller" submitted February 6, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: Part time musician. I play guitar, bass, drums, Hobbyist recording engineer, composer.
Music Style: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Pagan Rock
Overall: I ordered this item as I've been looking to purchase one at a reasonably cheapest price that I can get. This item popped up on your site listed as a "Blemished" item, but in fully working order. I took the chance and was amazingly surprised when it arrived. It looks BRAND NEW! I still can't find any ware or blemish. Works great, I was able to update the software on the amp with it, and is an awesome pedal.

"Line 6 is what the future is bringing." submitted May 24, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician for 32 years, recording engineer (in my basement)
Music Style: ALL
Sound: I love the sound of my shortboard. It has a great deal of sound options but, the coolest feature is the fact that I can go to the Line 6 website and download sound patches. Very cool! Feature: The features on the shortboard are endless. Every effect you could imagine is there and all of them are very useful. Some of the presets are not as usable as others but most of them are. Ease of Use: Using the short board takes some time. I have one complaint about the manual. There isn't one. You have to go to the website to find it and it can be confusing. It is worth the effort to learn how to navagate the site. In fact, navigating the site in order to find the material you need to operate the equipment is the hardest part. The presets are easy to find and ajust and I would think that most guitar plaryes would find all the tones they need by tweeking the presets. Quality: Line ^ equipment is built like a tank. I never worry about the equipment being damaged in normal use. It is very solid and it looks cool. Value: Most possible bang for your buck, hands down. Manufacturer Support: I haven't tried that yet. The Wow Factor: NA Overall: I choose this because I cannot afford to but all the equipment this set-up has to offer. The amp modeling is so close, it's hard to tell the difference. The spider 4 sound and responds like a tube amp. Even if I could afford to buy all the equipment this set up covers, I wouldn't want to haul it around, buy cases for it or find a place to store it. I am hooked on Line 6 and probably will be for life. The first product I bought was the Line 6 flextone. and it served me well for years.

"Does the Job" submitted May 21, 2014

By Pat B in Bellaire, OH
Musical Background: 19yrs experience, guitar, drums, and bass recreationally
Music Style: Rock, metal, punk
Sound: N/A Overall: It's a well-constructed pedal and seems quite durable. It's pretty much a necessity with the stack. My biggest gripe is that the accompanied "user manual" is basically a quick start guide. Any feature that you want to know more about, you have to look up the full manual from their website while it's still supported, as is with all Line 6 products. All in all, I'm definitely more satisfied with it than I thought I'd be.

"Great addition to mkII " submitted February 3, 2014

By dave j in melbourne , FL
Overall
Musical Background: long time professional player and writer
Music Style: covering most styled at one time or other
Overall: Ive had the mkII for 8 mos and my old line 6 pedal had no usb in so i couldnt take advantage of the amps versatility. I tried direct in the power amp with a pedal to tame the volume (this amp gets loud) with limited success.the more i dialed it back the less tone and bite i'd get. using the computer interface i could adjust the preamp volumes so between the guitar volume and the amp pedal volume i get just the right amount of gain with loads of tone.plus stomp down and i get lead volumes thru the pa at will. Just have to remember to back down after hehehe. the pedal has updated switches and a better wah switch.the old one would kick on at full volumeif you werent carefull.I used it at a large benefit jam recently and it gave everone that took stage just the tone they were after , even troy who was looking for the insane :) i would suggest it to any line6 players who need to tame the mkII BEAST

"FBV Shortboard MKII Controller" submitted January 11, 2013

By Jan D
Musical Background: I play guitar since 30 years, I am a producer
Music Style: trip-hop, electronic..
Overall: With this Shortboard ontroller, my Spider doubles in value, because I can easily reach many presets & FX on/off without touching the buttons on the amp. Most important feature is the USB interface (my Spider amp has no USB connection, it is connected to the Shortboard with an RJ45 cable), which allowed me to update the firmware of my Spider Amp, and I now have more reverbs, delays, ...

"Great pedal board." submitted January 8, 2012

By a customer from gmail.co
Overall
Sound: Sound quality is great. At first I was disappointed because every time I would switch sounds or from bank to bank I would hear a popping sound coming from my amp. Did some research and found more people are having the same problem. However I have played more and more with the different sounds and I have not heard this happen anymore. Feature: Useful features are that I can control everything on my amp directly from the board. Ease of Use: There is somewhat of a learning curve. You can plug it in to ur computer via USB printer cable and mess with the settings. At first I really did t know what I was looking at or what everything meant. Messing with sounds and different banks I can now navigate easily through the screen. Quality: Very solid doesn't feel cheap at all. Very well made. Value: Zzsounds priced this board as everyone else does but like the fact that I can pay in 4 installments. Manufacturer Support: Gave it a 5 since I have not dealt with support so I have to be even. The Wow Factor: Ease of controlling the line 6 amp. Overall: I expect to use this board for as long as I own my line 6 spider valve 212.

"awesome product that every small time musician should have." submitted June 6, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist trying to become active
Music Style: alittle of everything.. enjoy southern rock, alternative, and rockabilly
Sound: awesome Feature: best idea ever Ease of Use: so easy a monkey could use it Quality: built like a brick. love it. had a hard case built for it, wish it would of came with one. Value: great price for such a priceless item for the line 6 amp. Manufacturer Support: no idea... im smart enough to figure out alot. The Wow Factor: dark and subtle. Overall: i would totally buy this again if mine ever broke!

"Really gives you access to the SpiderValve's versatility" submitted February 21, 2011

By a customer from cedia.org
Musical Background: 45 years a pro
Music Style: rock, blues, funk
Sound: This product has no sound of its own. It merely controls the patches and FX in the Line6 amp. Which are pretty damn good. Ease of Use: Everything is right where it should be. Quality: Very solid construction, however; For some reason the volume pedal freaks out when in direct sunlight. Maybe it uses an optical device to vary voltage. Also 3 or 4 times in 3 years I have had to open it up and reset all the ribbon connectors because the vibration of travel had loosened them. The next time I will use some silocone to stick them where they belong. Other than these two issues the construction quality is solid. Manufacturer Support: Line6 has a great website with answers to any question you might have. Overall: Right now I am searching for an all-in-one FX board that will do what the Line6 setup does, only through any amp I might get on a fly date. So far I have not found that product.

" Line 6 FBV Shortboard MKII Controller " submitted March 10, 2014

Overall
Overall: The board is an excellent product . One of the foot-switches broke immediately. I pondered whether to return it but didn't want to go through the trouble. I had to disassemble it, find the loose parts and make a repair. It seems to be fine now.

"Useless in direct Sun" submitted July 24, 2010

Musical Background: Band Director
Sound: I have this with an Spyder VAlve HD100 MKII head. Works fantastic for indoor gigs. Feature: n/a Ease of Use: THe FBV programmable software is quite nice and lets you set up your effects on various switches. Quality: Has a serious design flaw that makes Volume pedal unusable in the sun. You cannot take to a sunny gig and expect it to function as a working pedal. Switches however still function fine. Value: The sensitivity to the sun is a major design flaw. Manufacturer Support: Unable to repair it as it's considered "normal" for it to be so sun sensitive The Wow Factor: It is a good looking board and does work well for indoors gigs Overall: Searching for something now and only had it for 4 months. Better off with FBV Express

When you call, mention priority code 14PC-CXNP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976