When you call, mention priority code 172H-ZMBN

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 DT25 Guitar Amp

Add some boutique flair to your sound with the Line 6 DT25. This guitar amp features a 12" Custom Celestion speaker, EL84 tubes, and four unique amp models.

Overall

"Line 6 may truly have the foundation for a "Dream Rig"" submitted October 24, 2011

Music Style: Rock - Country
Sound: I have never experienced an amp that gives the feel of tube tone of 4 different classic amps. Using the Line 6 HD500 opens up another realm of tonal options. I have never really cared for Line 6 products untill the M13 was introduced. Feature: No included footswitch. You can use a standard TPS switch and of course one of the HD series pedals. Ease of Use: Using the amp without a pedal could not be easier. Quality: Have not owned long enough to make an honest assessment. Value: Excellent buy. Manufacturer Support: Can't Comment, have not used. The Wow Factor: Line 6 products are not sexy and don't have great re-sale. Overall: May be the first amp that will stay in my stable for more than a year or two.

"On the fritz. " submitted August 8, 2012

By Shannon Clemans in Canon City , CO
Overall
Musical Background: Was semi pro.
Overall: This concept is definitely cool. My amp gave up the ghost today but i will be up and running soon. This has got to be one of my favorite amps that I've ever owned. I've always loved el84 power. Low watt tube amps have always had an addictive quality. El84's seem to have a very broad harmonic spread. Mixed with the ability to change the topology this amp could be a modern classic. if you are the kind of guy that wants say a boogie tone but you want to make it more touch sensitive or really saggy or both well let's just say this experience will be a first and definitely not a last. I would have liked to see tube rectifier options or true single ended class A ... But I still get pretty much what I'm looking for with this amps features. Mine fried on me today but apearantly it's not common. Hopefully its not a design flaw because I've really enjoyed playing this gem. I've owned allot of boutique amps. This one can in fact run with the big dogs.

"DT 25" submitted August 9, 2012

By Brenden H in Honolulu, HI
Overall
Musical Background: I have played guitar for (gulp) 36 years, play in a working rock band.
Music Style: ROCK, Blues, Jazz
Overall: This amp has a range of amazing, beautiful rich tones available, and when used in conjunction with the Line 6 HD series of pedal boards, of course the number of effects and tonal variations is unlimited. But the learning curve for use of the amp, and especially the HD 300 - 500 is steep! I joked to y band mates that if one has a PhD in electrical engineering, it might take only a few weeks to comprehend how to control and access the functions. I have it dialed in finally but there was a frustrating initial period, of getting tone and volume settings to do what I need. USing the manual helped, though I had read and reread it an embarrassing number of times before I went online and checked out some YouTubes on how to control this thing. All that said, I am very happy with it now, it is plenty loud, we play small to medium sized venues and my volume setting has never gone above 4 or so, and our drummer is LOUD. The tubes sound warm and rich, and the best thing, is my main tone has the perfect amount of crunch for rock tunes, and can usually roll back the guitar volume a bit to get a clear ringing clean sound. There are features in the tone of this amp I have searched for for years, including this notion that you can hear the guitar, and each one of my electrics sounds really distinct thru this amp. That is cool. It also has a low volume setting for practicing at home that is neat and makes it sing at household decibels. I have read reliability can be an issue but I have been rehearsing and gigging with my DT25 for about a year, no issues (knock on wood). This is a moderately priced versatile little amp, I highly recommend it for any guitar players of style of music.

"Valve amps go wrong." submitted June 28, 2012

By Mark Vernon
Overall
Musical Background: I have 3 Gibsons at the moment, and play mainly 80's rock.
Music Style: Hard Rock/ Metal
Overall: We all love the lush tones of a valve amp, and if you only play at home they allow you to get that real time tone thats as close to some of the guitar greats sounds you can get . The down side is if you like high gain stuff and you use your amp daily you better learn to change and bias the valves because I can tell you over the years I have had all the new lunch box amps Dt25 being the latest and the valves fail fail and fail again. The Dt 25 has been back to Rugby 4 times in four months for valves and once for a faulty Board. I live near rugby so not too much of a deal for me . All the others were the same. I have stuck with it because I like the tones . I collect it today after that I will fitt my own valves its far less hassel. The line 6 guys have been great apart from Tim he is a nob. Hope this is some help to you.

"Nice Versatile Rig " submitted January 16, 2012

By Kenneth Kerrick in Eagan, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Used to play in rock bands. I just play for enjoyment now. Been playing for over 25 years.
Music Style: Jazz, Rock, and Metal
Sound: The sound is very good. It reacts to dynamic like a tube amp should even though the preamp is modeled. It hits its sweet spot at about 11 to 2 o'clock on the master volume. That is where the tube power section really opens up. Feature: The greatest strength it has is that the two channels have the same options. A lot of the smaller amps have more limited controls. The least usable is its low power mode. I just don't use it. It disengages the tubes and simulates the power section dimed out. Ease of Use: Its very straight forward and basic in its layout. It only gets complex when you hook it up to a POD HD but, that is what all of the POD's options will do to the rig. Quality: It's sturdy enough for light use. It is not overbuilt so care should be taken when transporting it. On the plus side it makes it lighter than say a Mesa. Value: If you can find it on sale its worth it. I waited until Guitar Center had a $150 off sale. Manufacturer Support: Line 6 is always been a bit odd on the support side. The best support comes from the user community. Their documentation contains a few inconsistencies. This amp is so straight forward though the documentation doesn't need to be perfect. The Wow Factor: The amount of combinations that are possible with concise controls is great. I use it with a HD500 and it really is amazing in that configuration as, it seamlessly integrates. In that configuration I'm able to retire my stand alone pedals except my Morpheus Droptune. Overall: I got this amp for home studio use. The DT25 is quite versatile on its own and way easier to use than Flextone III that it replaced in my studio.

When you call, mention priority code 172H-ZMBN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976