When you call, mention priority code 16JG-4PCV

Rating and Reviews: Kurzweil PC3LE7 Keyboard

Forget the menus, pages and confusing options. Kurzweil gives you convenient sound customization with this intuitive workstation.

Overall

""You want to sound as good as possible? You want the best keybed on a synth? You want the Kurzweil PC3LE"" submitted August 15, 2011

By a customer from abv.bg
Music Style: Soft rock, piano rock, alternative
Sound: The sounds are AMAZING! A huge selection of usable patches, right from the start. I only use the factory sounds now, but I will buy the desktop editor and start playing with that. I give that a 9, mostly because there aren't enough quality guitars and brass sounds. I would have preferred more of those, rather than having all those strings available. Feature: It came with a nice sustain pedal and a power cable. Has balanced outputs, 3 pedal inputs, the build quality is incredible. I wish it had 9 rotary buttons, though, instead of five. Overall, I haven't seen another synth for that money which is so well made. The keys are fantastic to play, excellent balance between weight and speed for me. One of the best features are the drum pads - they have so many potential applications, and are way better than the ones is M3. It loses a point for the small screen, even though the OS makes it very easy to navigate around. I would have preferred paying $100 more for the Korg touch screens (but not for their OS, which is another story ...). Ease of Use: 90 % of all sounds I will probably ever need are already there. Every program/setup is an inspiration, I just select one and the ideas start coming. As I said, the interface is pretty good, considering the small screen, but if you want to dig deeper, you will have to spend quite a lot of time learning all the options for tweaking (trust me, there are enough to keep you busy for a long time). I also wished it was easier to set up splits/layers levels, a simple mixer screen would go a long way. I hope the PC software will make things easier, however, editing sounds is not my first priority. Quality: It feels sturdy, with no creaking plastics (I am looking at you, Korg/Roland), and amazing keys. Get a nice case for it (even a soft one will do) amd you will have no troubles using it for gigs. Value: I got mine for $1500 + tax, which is amazingly cheap for what it offers. There's hardly anything else on the market which comes close to the sound and the quality of this instrument. There aren't too many 76 keys synths on the market in that price bracket (Juno Stage, M50, that's pretty much it), but the Kurzweil beats easily not only those, but also more expensive models. The only possible competition in terms of sound are some stage pianos, but with the PC3LE you get so much more than sounds. Manufacturer Support: I had my unit replaced, due to some firmware issue, but I got a new one right away, the store/distributor/manufacturer partnership is very good (I bought it from Canada's largest music stores chain). The Wow Factor: I love the blue color and the metal feel to it. The layout is very nicely organized. It is not as flashy as some other synths, but there is something to the design that no one else can beat. Overall: I am very happy with my purchase. Kurzweil support their products forever, the only major missing feature right now is the lack of effects chain editing, which I hope they will add at some point. Overall, PC3LE is a wonderful synth, an excellent next step for Kurzweil. I have some minor complaints about it, but nothing too big to be a deal breaker. Add in the unbelievable price, and there you have it - the best synth below $2000 on the planet.
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Pros and Cons" submitted February 5, 2013

By Sherri W in Junction City, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing piano for 50 years. Play keyboard, violin/fiddle, accordion & banjo. Play professionally in a class rock band.
Music Style: Styles: classic rock, jazz, swing, standards, fusion.
Overall: Preset program tones are very nice...easy to find and use. Having to scroll to them, however, is time consuming, unlike pushing alphabetical and numerical buttons as I do on my Yamaha to go immediately to a tone. The best thing about the keyboard is the organ tones. The worst thing about the unit is that there are numerous programming problems, including: (1) when using a split keyboard, it's very difficult to get volume balance between 2 tones...organ tones are very loud and piano tones very soft; editing volume in the split-setting doesn't typically solve the problem; (2) intonation is often a problem also with a split keyboard...many times this unit has transposed the 2nd tone a half-step, making it necessary to go in an edit up or down a half-step when they should be the same; (3) once the keyboard even transposed a half-step in the master set-up; I edited the transpose manually, but then the keyboard adjusted back when I stepped away for a few minutes. There seems to be only one guy (Jean) who knows how to deal with these things. I will say that he made some effort. However, he immediately went into some intricate editing "speak" that was over my head. He could have walked me through on the phone a step at a time, but never offered to do that. He suggested downloading to him, but I don't have the hardware for that. All in all, I would probably try other keyboards before buying this one had I known about the programming issues.

When you call, mention priority code 16JG-4PCV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976