When you call, mention priority code 15TZ-6Q52

Rating and Reviews: Kurzweil PC3 Controller

With hundreds of excellent Kurzweil sounds, a 16-track sequencer and on-board effects, the PC3 is a full blown music production workstation.

"Undriveable Ferrari." submitted August 4, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician, band member
Music Style: Fusion
Sound: Very good samples for the limited ROM behind but somewhat ... Digital. They are crystal but they lack originality and acoustic expression. Not the best electric pianos and guitars out there. In general recent workstations have more updated sounds. On the other hand they are very reliable on live and studio and some programs are really inspiring. I prefer to play rather than tweak so I don't know if with a lot of tweaking one can beat the performances of the motifs or the fantoms of this world. Feature: No sampling. No touchscreen or at least a bigger display. How can I use vast wiring with this display? The sound banks really suck. I can't locate a sound with this thing. No wav export. Come on! My two year older fantom x has it... My k2600r had the song arrangement mode which really missing from this machine as it was very convenient. Ease of Use: If you wanna play only, it's the best. It's plug and play, It lights up in two seconds. With the sliders you can very easily alter the sound and you can probably bring it to a level of your taste. But vast programming? Not for me. Very time consuming. Very difficult. I see those tutorials at mastering vast website and starting to tremble...The manual is ok but too basic, without step by step instructions. Quality: All kurzweIls are well built machines. It's my third one, the only problem i had so far with all of them is that once in a while they changed the sound out of the blue while playing....passionately without pressing any of the buttons. Value: I bought it 1.900 Euros. Three months later kurzweil issues the LE version. The list price dropped to 1.200 below the LE's price. Something is terribly wrong. For me that means that kurzweil destroyed it's own product with that move and somehow confirmed all the aforementioned problems. We are talking about a machine with extreme capabilities under it's hood but seems that nobody can drive it. So far I've tried to sell both k2600r and my sp76 (my original intention by buying pc3 was to replace this combination for giging). Sp76 was sold in seconds and they still call me after two years. Now thats value for money. K2600r never made it. I will never sell pc3. Nobody will give over 1.000 euros for this machine. And I'm really sorry to say that. It is worth a lot more. Manufacturer Support: I live in Greece. I haven't any problem so far with any of the machines. The problem is that the local representative here works only Monday to Friday 9.00-17.00. Now that's a problem... The Wow Factor: I love kurzweil. Their playability and inspiration is unparalleled. It's portable. I love it on stage. It is really strange but I love it with it's deficits. It makes me feel a better musician when I play it. Yes, I know I surprise you but I wanted to send a message to those guys who built this machine in order to continue to give us good instruments. Look at it as a complaint by a loyal customer. Overall: Till the release of the pc4. Of course korg Kronos managed to got my attention for the first time.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Zzounds - Great customer service ! The first keyboard that I received had a problematic key. This was a brand new board not" submitted April 12, 2011

Overall
Sound: Most of the sounds in this board are incomparable. Just superb quality right out of the box. But, I'm a tweaker. And this board has more parameters that you can tweak than anything I have ever owned. This is tweaker heaven. The saxes could be a little better and there should be more of them. Feature: Included a nice quality piano style foot pedal, USB cable, large comprehensive user manual Ease of Use: Great sound right out of the box. I have owned synthesizers for decades. This has more depth and complexity than anything I have previously owned. I have found that reading the manual is a necessity for this board. Quality: Had a minor issue with one of the keys on the first unit I received. But, overall quality of materials and road worthiness of this product looks to be as good as it gets. Value: Compared to the hot new Yamaha, Roland or Korg keyboard of the moment(they are all great products), I feel that this is a better product at a better price. Manufacturer Support: Contacted Kurzweil technical support with a few questions prior to purchase. Each and every question I asked was fully answered in the sequence I asked them, in an email to me, within 24 hours. The Wow Factor: No flash here. Just a simple statement of elegance. Every slider, switch and connector(and there are a slew of them) are there to help the musician make music, period. This is the definitive players keyboard. When I attend a live concert or view one on TV and see the name Kurzweil on the stage, I know I will be highly impressed with the sound. Overall: As I previously stated, this is a players keyboard. All the sounds on this board are set up to be used in a musical context. There aren't a slew of gimmicky, useless, sounds designed to get your attention in the music store, that you would never actually use in a real life playing situation.

"Best Live-Performing Keyboard in the Industry!" submitted September 26, 2011

Musical Background: Pro Musician 40+ Years
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues and Cont. Christian
Sound: Arguably the BEST performance keyboard in the industry. The Hammonds/Leslie effects alone are worth the price of admission. Then you add another 900 factory sounds plus a bazillion ways of bending, shaping and personalizing every one of them and you seriously have the most powerful keyboard in the world. Feature: Factory sounds are very usable in their "natural" state. "Drawbars" feature using the 9 sliders for Hammond sounds is unparalleled in the industry as to accuracy of tone. Acoustic ("real") pianos are abundant. Even the acoustic guitar sounds are realistic. Ease of Use: Here's the lowest score as far as I am concerned: It takes a computer-oriented mind to work through the myriad of procedures involved in customizing sounds, layering, splitting, etc. The manual isn't terribly well written and lacks a step-by-step approach to "doing things" on this board. Any time a user has to engage a trial-and-error method to accomplish something doesn't bode well for the quality of instruction manuals. Quality: High praise for the quality and "beefiness" of this board. Not cheap feeling or sounding anywhere. Keys are a nice blend of real piano and organ-type--not too light and thin and not so heavy so as to slow down the fingers. Value: There's cheaper keyboards on the market I am sure, and some of them probably do a lot of what these PC3's do. But sometimes the best is just more expensive. I think you get your money's worth with this model and brand however. Manufacturer Support: Kurzweil customer support is the Cadillac of the industry. My emailed questions were always answered within hours of sending. The Wow Factor: I don't know of any live-performing musician that wouldn't want this board in the arsenal. I truly think this board does things that no other board does, in a complete and comprehensive way. Overall: I think the technology of this board will last several years. Not really sure what could be improved upon. I think economics will probably be the decider--as "newer" boards actually contain "less" features (like Kurzweil did when they brought in the LE series).

"Best Pro Performer's Keyboard" submitted October 7, 2011

Musical Background: Pro Musician 40+ Years
Sound: Best keyboard for professional performers out there, hands-down. If you don't like this one, there "ain't nuthin' pleasin' ya". Absolutely the most realistic samples and copies of real instruments anywhere in any keyboard PLUS the huge bonus of tons of parameter adjustments and tweaks that can personalize ANY sound. Believe me: This is the end-all board. Even the Hammond/Leslie is better than Hammond's own! Feature: Easy to maneuver through. Preset sounds and mixes ("Setups") are easily accessible and there's tons of storage area for your own custom settings. Unit includes a very nice heavy-duty sustain/general function pedal. Ease of Use: This is the only less-than-perfect area: This board's for folks who are willing to review owner manuals as much of the hidden power of this board lies in various sequences of working your way through the maze of opportunities. Quality: Heavy metal case (my 76 note shipped at over 60lbs) but easy enough to haul around for gigs. Value: You can buy cheaper boards I suppose, but nothing comes close to the technology and quality of a PC3. BTW: Don't waste your money on the subsequent model: the PC3LE. They actually cheapened the PC3 and took away the best part: the Hammond drawbar-type sliders. Manufacturer Support: Kurzweil's famous for its tech support long after the purchase. The Wow Factor: Blows me away as a pro performer's board. Overall: Gotta' believe the technology in this board is going to last a long, long time.

Kurzweil PC3 Controller Customer Review submitted March 29, 2009

Overall
Sound: One of the best sounding Workstation out there! Feature: No sampling, that is really bad Kurzweil! Ease of Use: A little bigger display, look at the competition Kurzweil. Quality: Plastic feeling but sturdy, better with aluminum. Value: One of the best! Manufacturer Support: Could have been better. The Wow Factor: I got it, right! Overall: I like all the others to but Kurzweil is a little step ahead!
13 of 38 people (34.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 15TZ-6Q52. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976