When you call, mention priority code 1608-99HD

Rating and Reviews: Kramer Pacer Guitar

With a Floyd Rose locking tremolo, two push/pull coil tap controls, and Seymour Duncan JB and JN humbuckers, the Kramer Pacer Vintage is a classic reborn.

"Hair Metal Tone Machine" submitted March 14, 2013

By Justin Osburn in Hermosa Beach, CA
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Heavy Metal, Rock, Alternative
Overall: I always wanted one of these purely for the looks, but I must say I was very surprised on the playability and craftsmanship once I got it. I have few super strats: 2 Charvel Pro Mods (1 Japan, 1 USA) and 2 Jackson Adrian Smiths (1 USA, 1 SDX Import) and I find myself playing this one the most. I'm really a fan of the Kramer body shape in comparison to the others..I feel the higher frets are easier to reach on it and really like the feel of the neck. I was shocked on how well the action was setup and straight/flat the neck was for a foreign guitar...they did a great job. The Seymour Duncans are smoking and deliver amazing tones, from thumping lows to shimmering highs. I bought the blemished model option and still can't figure out why it was blemished. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat...I wish they had more colors/options available, but I guess it appeals to a niche audience. My only complaint is that the guitar is a little on the heavy side due to the all maple construction....but all maple delivers some pretty amazing tone so its a good sacrifice. Highly recommend it!

"Perfect guitar!" submitted November 9, 2012

By Jason K in Columbus, GA
Musical Background: I have played music my whole life and I'm 34 now
Music Style: I play both kinds of music--Rock AND Metal
Overall: Since picking the guitar back up a few years back, I have struggled to find a guitar that was perfect for me. This one is everything I wanted. The Floyd, Seymour JB and JN, and the lovely flamed top. I was concerned about the neck radius but it was fine. The tone for me is great! I know the other review didn't like it but I use a 6505+ and maybe it balances it out. I also use a BOSS EQ and it asists in the tone( it was muddy with previous instruments). With this guitar, I can get the sound I want whether its a nice clean or full blown scream! It is very simliar to the Charvel So CAl which I also looked at. I feel like its easier to use the upper frets on this Kramer though. The only think that seems worthless is the treble bleed. Not necessary at all! After a quick set up, which you should do, it was perfect! I have owned Charvels,Fenders,and others and this guitar (at least mine) is quality. Recommend it for anyone who wants an awesome guitar! This was my first purchase from zZounds. Got the instrument I was looking for and zZounds customer service has been great!

"Tiger Burst Classic" submitted May 26, 2014

By Justin Harrington in Mukilteo, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I have played guitar off and on for 28 years just started practicing everyday in the last 5 years
Music Style: rock,blues,Jazz
Overall: I am very happy with my purchase. this guitar was very playable right out of the box. with very little set up. all I had to do is set the pickups to the proper height. great craftsmanship from Kramer never disappointing

"Pacer returned - Disappointed with product" submitted May 12, 2014

By Kurt B
Musical Background: Professional / hobbyist Player - 20+ years
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Prog, Classic Rock
Sound: As with any sound this is subject to personal opinion. In my opinion the series / parallel tap was unusable. Just sounded like a muddy low output humbucker in every configuration. Don't expect a classic sound from this guitar. No points on versatility. I typically love JB's but this bridge pickup in combination with all the maple didn't sound good at all. Using a Kemper amplifier and several dozen of my favorite profiles didn't help. - Some profiles fit well with certain guitars but I went through dozens and wasn't able to find a good combination. I can't say what might make it sound better - maybe a brass trem block would help the average sustain and some different pickups but I wasn't about to experiment with what was presented as the higher end Kramer option. Feature: Has all the right features and name brands... just put together poorly with little attention to quality or if this was the right match of pieces / parts. Ease of Use: I wanted to love it! Never managed a great sound from it... maybe you can. I've never sold a guitar going back to the early 80's and I've bought some garbage and classics. Manage to find something I love about each one of those guitars. This one went back in a week.... Standard setup - no surprises here. Any FR trem will require a bit extra attention to setup properly. It was rather comfortable playing without amplification. All that maple.... it almost had an acoustic sound to it. Just don't plug it in. ; / Quality: The vintage finish was nice. That's the only nice thing I can think of. The frets are sharp, the FR had a small bit of chrome missing, the pickups wouldn't sit even (leaned forward unless you propped them back), the allen holders were cheap set screw locks, the bolt on neck was loose even though it couldn't be tightened anymore. To be honest I'm bummed Gibson bought Kramer and gave it such a half hearted effort. This is 250-350 worth of guitar with a 400 premium. Value: NO - take it from someone with 20/20 hindsight - there are better options for the price. The recent price drop is a step in the right direction but it's not enough. Manufacturer Support: Only dealt with Zzounds staff who as usual, were very helpful and responsive. The Wow Factor: Yea wow factor - Guess I was lured by the fancy finish. All that 80's lingo in the advertising - they were not making those sounds with this guitar. Gibson / Kramer is being rather loose with their interpretation of "re-issue" here. Overall: I had this guitar for over a week and returned it. Summary is that it felt like a cheap guitar with some higher end (mismatched) components added as an afterthought and a neat finish. I was going to chalk it up as a learning experience and move one but my Zzounds contact asked me to write an honest review so here it goes.

"Best guitar!!!" submitted October 20, 2014

By Carlos M in selma, NC
Overall
Overall: This guitar is outstanding. Has the 80s written all over it. If you love 80s glam metal this guitar is for you. Very Crisp sound.

"Not What I Expected" submitted October 8, 2012

By Travis F in Cornettsville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I have played for 20 years with professional experience.
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Overall: I bought this thinking it would rank up there with my George Lynch signature models. However, I was wrong. The guitar had a few minor finish flaws. The action sucked and the tone was super bright. I expected bright but the JB in the bridge didn't have any grind or bite. The treble bleed caps really hurt the overall tone. When rolling the volume down, the tone is biting and shrill. I play through a Randall Lynch Box tube amp so I know it wasn't the amp. All my other guitars sound great. I just really expected better from a Gibson company. It looks great but needs modification. For 759 dollars, you can find better deals.

"Kramer Pacer Vintage Tiger" submitted November 7, 2013

By a customer from college.harvard.edu
Overall
Overall: Solid, great-sounding guitar. Works well, has a great variety of tones from a combination of the pickups, coil-taps, and tone knobs.

"Kramer Pacer " submitted March 6, 2014

By Justin H in Mukilteo, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I have played guitar for thirty years I like to jam at home ,but Iam open to playing professionally
Music Style: Jazz ,Blues, Metal
Overall: I found it to be very nice and easy to play

"Killer guitar." submitted September 18, 2014

By Renato C in New York, NY
Music Style: Rock.
Overall: My first "real guitar" was a Kramer that I've got when I was 20 years old back in 80's. Even though were a nice guitar I became more Fender and Gibson guy and that one became my only Kramer axe in my collection. Couple yeas ago I saw Satchel from Steel Panther playing a Kramer Pacer and since them I bought 3 of these guitars to include them in my collection. They sound really cool, feels great, easy playing and totally affordable. I do believe you don't need an expensive guitar to have a great sound as long as you know how to use your fingers and this is a good example about how to get an amazing quality of sound for 700 bucks.

"I love it !!!!" submitted September 21, 2014

By Renato C in New York , NY
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur guitar player.
Music Style: Rock.
Overall: Nice guitar, if you are looking for some nice guitar, affordable price, super cool looking, nice tones and so on you should try this one.

When you call, mention priority code 1608-99HD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976