When you call, mention priority code 173P-RWQT

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: KRK VXT8 Active Monitor

Step up to KRK's VXT8 powered monitors and hear your mixes better! With 180 bi-amplified watts, the VXT8s deliver impressive volume and tight, accurate bass.

"Love 'em!" submitted February 7, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: At home producer...
Music Style: Electronic, EDM,
Sound: Awesome! They made an immediate difference in the way my mixes came out. Like night and day. Really convinced me I made the right decision. These will not make your music sound better, they will make you a better musician. Feature: Being able to adjust the levels of each monitor helps them adapt to my less then ideal environment. I was concerned having them near a wall would create a muddy mess, but after fine tuning them, they sound great! Ease of Use: Having never built a studio setup before, I found it pretty easy to set these up. Plug and play seems to be an appropriate description. Other then being pretty heavy and having a bad back, I had no problems. Quality: These are solid. They feel like they are built like a tank. Big difference from some other monitors I was considering. No rattling, not cosmetic defects... and pretty damn sexy to look at! Value: I almost went with the RPG5's because of cost concerns, but since I found these here on Zzounds, I had to go for it, and I am so glad I did. The quality and sound will help if I ever expand my setup to a larger location. These are not the least expensive alternative out there but after using these and knowing what I know now, I would have kicked myself for not getting these. Manufacturer Support: So far, I haven't needed it, but I do wish there was a grill attachment for these like I have seen for the VXT4's and VXT 6's..... The Wow Factor: These are gorgeous! Even when they are off I enjoy sitting in front of them. It's rare to find something that works well and looks great doing it. I get alot of "Damn!!" comments when people first see them, then I turn them on and let them do their magic! Overall: I have a friend that has these and has made some great sounding productions with them so I knew what they were capable of, but being my first set of monitors, I was a little worried about sinking so much money into a product, but these turned out to be everything I was hoping they would be.

"BUY THEM IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE" submitted May 16, 2012

By Ryan M in Sudbury, ON
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Producer
Overall: These monitors are awesome, I have no complaints about the sound. KRK's service is the worst service I have ever had in my life. I've been waiting 2 months for them to ship me a replacement part and every time I call them they just say they don't know where the part is and they'll get on it. I would not recommend this product to anyone since other monitor companies with excellent customer support make an equal product.

"One of the best ever made.." submitted March 1, 2008

Musical Background: Recording, Mixing, Mastering
Music Style: R n B, Pop, HipHop, House, Electro, Dance
Sound: One of the best monitors i have heard and owned. NS 10 with immense low end, you can hear everything that goes in the mix. Very open, very clear, crisp, precise.. in one word GREAT.. Feature: Great controls on the back, love the auto on/off setting. Very soft and precise limiter. Ease of Use: Plug and Play, although you should allow for a breakdown period a bit longer. Quality: Very professional made, everything is rugged and strong. No glue spills no cosmetic problems at all.. Manufacturer Support: Contacted KRK about some additional info, never responded.. :( The Wow Factor: Very sexy looks Overall: As i said before, I have been working with Genelecs, Dynaudios, and all blows and whistles.. but none of them have astonished as these monitors.
11 of 16 people (68.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"KRK VXT 8s Great Idea, poor workmanship." submitted October 12, 2007

Musical Background: Musician, Composer, Sound Designer, Recording Engineer
Sound: These monitors sound great, the hi's don't cut your head off the mids are true and the low's are tight and punchy. Also the stereo imaging is so defined you can really pick out what you want to hear and know exactly where it is. Feature: I like the toggle switches on the back that control the lows and highs, it is really easy to just flick a switch and be done with it when setting up your room. I have yet to experience the clipping and the auto mute. Ease of Use: Plug and play. Quality: I was very excited to get these monitors back to my house. I noticed some dirty plastic on some of the packaging, like it had been packaged by a 12 year old or something. I plugged them in and was very happy to hear they sounded great and I made a good purchase. 2 days later one failed, it just went dead and not a fuse problem. I bring the messed up monitor back to the store and they gave me a replacement. The speaker on the new monitor is a darker shade of yellow compared to my original one and some of the seams are not cut well, they are just not straight. Overall the quality of these monitors is not very good, the whole built in china thing is very evident with these speakers. I wish it wasn't so because they are nice speakers and I want to keep them but I think I'm leaning over towards the Event SP8 monitors. They are made in the USA and have raving reviews for pretty much the same amount of money. Value: Good speakers for the money but watch out for shotty workmanship. Every speaker I've seen so for has some defects structural and in the woofer. Sometimes the tweeter has a weird shinny tinge to it as well and just don't look right around the edges. Sorry for being overly picky I just paid 1500 bucks for monitors I want to love and keep for a long time. To me that's a lot of money.y. Manufacturer Support: The manual was giving me a head ache, saying that they have a section on fuses and how to replaces them on page 3 but that was an intro page and there is nothing about fuses in the whole manual. I went to email customer service and the site was down. I don't know if I'm just having a bad luck spell with KRK or what but this just amazes me. The Wow Factor: Great looking monitors, not sure if they're sexy. The whole KRK yellow thing is cool but a little childish sometimes to me. The rounded edges really enhance the feel of these monitors and they sit awesome up on my 34 inch stands. Overall: I'm going to return these speakers and get those Events. As much as I love these monitors the future give me a grim feeling in my stomach and I really don't want to be left in the middle of a session with no monitors because one fails.
31 of 49 people (63.27%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 173P-RWQT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976