When you call, mention priority code 1729-PQNN

Rating and Reviews: KRK RP8G2 Rokit 8 G2

A home-studio favorite, KRK's RP8G2 Rokit powered monitor speakers deliver serious bang for the buck, with 8-inch drivers for accurate bass reproduction.

"Can't go wrong" submitted September 5, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist with dreams
Music Style: Midwestern reggae
Sound: Of course there's always something better for more money - but these monitors stack-up against anything I've heard at twice the price. So this is an 8, but you must consider that is against something like $1k Tannoys or Yamahas. There's little or nothing better at the price. They really do seem to have a fairly flat response and very little color. More balance between the low-end and mid-range than most near field monitors. Clean but not bright highs. Still, the bass seems a bit blurry - these are intended for use with a sub-woofer, I think. Also in my situation I can't get them away from the wall, and that might be corrupting the true bass output. Feature: RCA, TRS, and XLR inputs. 110v/220v switch. Internal power supply. System gain and high frequency adjustment. Glass fiber cones. A very solid cabinet. Contoured faces to avoid self-reflection. You get your money's worth. zZounds bundled mine with an On-Stage SMS6000 Stand and Auralex MoPADs. The stand is woefully inadequate for supporting this heavy, large monitor. But it was free so there's little to complain about. Go for the free stand and store it away to use with something else. Either buy or build yourself something more substantial. Ease of Use: Nothing to it: hook up your monitor outs to the RCA or TRS or XLR inputs (I'm using those nice Radio Shack purple TRS with the gold plugs - might switch to XLRs later). Adjust the gain and HF controls to suit your room (my studio has bare walls and vinyl-over-slab floors, so I took the HF down a notch). Get them about six feet apart and angled so the sweet spot is at or a bit behind where you sit and the stereo separation is excellent. Quality: The design and build quality seem to be superb. I've had these for about a month and they work like little horsies. Knobs and inputs seem solid and of good quality. Of with all gear the real test of quality is time. If these are still cranking well a few years from now, that will tell the story. Value: Absolutely worth $500 for the pair. Manufacturer Support: The best support is that which you never need. I hate to ding a company for a something I have no personal knowledge of, so I give them a 10 and the benefit of the doubt. The Wow Factor: As far as cosmetics go these look sharp: black cabinet, yellow cone, transparent logo that lights when powered. They look substantial and expensive without being gaudy. As far as performance goes these are serious workhorse monitors. Of course you can spend more (even on KRK models), and get more for the extra cash. But for a $500 a pair these are rock solid monitors. Apparently I'm not the only one to think so since they are zZounds' best seller. Overall: Can't think of a thing to make them better - but I rarely give a 10 because that requires something really extraordinary to be included. Also I include the whole bundle in the "Overall" rating - and it definitely lost a point because of the inadequate stand. Had the stand been up to snuff, that would have qualified this for a 10.

"KRK's are Fit for duty, The Best Price, The Best Quality,KRK's!!" submitted February 19, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist,Engineer,Musician
Music Style: Hip-hop,R-n-b,Techno,Bass Rap
Sound: If you are looking for a monitor to mix to,the KRK's have a very clear sound.They are the type of monitor that will knock your socks off. Feature: What more can i say, the high frequency knob is very helpful during mixing for a poorly treated room.The front firing ports O M G big plus as well as the curves to prevent distortion.ALL features are covered with these bad boys."what you hear, is what your going to get".Love them to Death! Great reference monitor Ease of Use: Ease of use: The hook up was very simple like 1+1 and start mixing. Quality: The KRK's do not have any blemishes and are VERY clean looking. They fit perfect on the SM6000 stands if you got the bundle.They are built to last through thick and thin trust me! Value: For the value i could not pass it by i had to get them. Manufacturer Support: No need for support just yet and do not plan on needing it.Great Product. The Wow Factor: Black on yellow bumble bee with nice curves.Looks amazing. Overall: There's no need to replace these monitors in my opinion.Outstanding,Amazing,WOW,etc.....

"Best monitors for the price" submitted December 2, 2009

Overall
Sound: Sounds great and very clear. If you are looking for a monitor to just listen to music to, I would highly suggest the JBL LSR series. If you are looking for a monitor to mix to, the KRK's are real nice because they are very flat. They are the type of monitor that people would refer to as a "what you hear, is what your going to get" type of monitor. Feature: The high frequency adjust knob is real nice and helpful. Although it's nice to adjust during monitoring, I choose to leave it flat for mixing. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Pretty self explanatory as to what all of the knobs and buttons do. The down side to these speakers, is that the volume knob is located in the back of the monitors. I just use my interface to adjust the volume, but if you are looking to just plug straight into a computer, it could get annoying fast to adjust the volume in the back of the speakers. Quality: You can tell the quality of KRK's speakers just by looking at them. They are very sturdy and the tweeters are built well. Value: For $500, it is unlikely to find a nicer monitor. Overall: I will keep these monitors as long as they stay with me, and don't break, which I expect will be a very long time.
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A safe bet in a flooded market." submitted October 3, 2011

Overall
Sound: A far cry from the Behringer truth 6 inches that that I also own. I now use the Behringers to mix bass sounds because they somewhat lack on the bass end, but not so much that I over compensate. The Rokits I use for everything else. I could probably get away with the Rokits alone, but being able to A/B between the two really helps with my mixes. The rokits have a pretty good representation across the spectrum- at least they do for the type of music I create. ( hip hop, pop, r&b). My mixes are traveling really well now, no matter what type of system I listen to them on. I would recommend these for sure. For them money, they're completely safe. No regrets at all here. Feature: I suppose the accessories are built in; like the RCA connector and the HF level adjust. I haven't had to use either as they were fine out the box. But I don't expect my monitors to be all in one solutions...takes away from what they're supposed to do well. Ease of Use: plug and play. Quality: So far so good. They feel sturdy. I don't think I'll break them in the environment I'm in. Value: As I've stated, for the money the system does quite well. I can't measure it against many other monitors. But I personally feel no regrets with these and I wish I had them from the start. I suppose what one would want is for their mix to sound like, or close to, what they hear on their monitors. These accomplish that for me and I don't waste a lot of time mixing anymore. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them. One of the best kinds of support available... The Wow Factor: I don't have to sleep with them. But when I sleep I think of what they've done for me. Overall: Go and get them. I'm sure that if you're decent with mixing then these won't disappoint.

"Great speakers for after the mix" submitted June 3, 2012

By Al H in queens, NY
Overall
Musical Background: been play music for 16 years, my instrument of choice would be piano, i play gigs here and there.
Music Style: all and any
Overall: I purchased these speakers and I'm very satisfied they produce great bass and have great sound. Just remember if you are looking to do mixing and recording with these they are very difficult. The ports in the bottom of the speaker have a tendency to distort the sound when mixing which will make it nearly impossible to mix correctly and produce top quality work. If you are mixing in the studio I would suggest getting the Yamaha HS80M or if you can get your hands on some, a pair of old school Yamaha NS10M which I would say are the old school standard for mixing and producing. The KRKs are very good for letting the artist or public hear the end result in the studio. I have both KRK rokit 8 and Yamaha hs80m, and I only use the KRKs to let the artist get hyped about the beat or to let the people that visit hear and feel the full body and thump of a song. They are a great addition to any studio and KRK quality is top notch.

"I HAVE FOUND TRUE LOVE" submitted May 20, 2010

By a customer from royal.net
Musical Background: DJ/Producer
Music Style: Electronic Dance Music
Sound: The Sound Is Phenomenal. So Crisp Clear And It Really Is Accurate. If You Play Something Of Bad Quality ON These IT STANDS OUT! If You Play Something Of Great Quality ON These IT STANDS OUT! Great For Mixing And Just Listening. I Thought I Hated The Look Of These From The Pictures Online. But I Love How They Look IN Real Life. They Were Much Bigger Than I Expected And Are Built Like 6,000$ Speakers. Feature: The Product Did Not Include Any Audio Cables =( But I Guess That Is Fine Considering All The Inputs Available On The Rear Of These Units. Ease of Use: Very Easy To Use. Simple Yet Complex Quality: I Love The Build Quality Of These I Do Not See Them Breaking Anytime Soon. Value: Very Much Worth The Price Manufacturer Support: Can't Say Really Haven't Contacted Them Yet The Wow Factor: Great Appeal And Build But Definitely Not For Everybody. Overall: I EXPECT TO BE SATISFIED FOR YEARS!

"Great sound for a great price." submitted December 10, 2009

By a customer from me.com
Music Style: Alternative Folk Rock
Sound: What you hear is what you get. I used another pair of monitors and continued to have issues getting my mix just right. With these, I was able to get my projects sounding there best, regardless of the playback device. For the money they are a great value. Feature: So I got the deal with the to Mics, Stands and Head phones. The head phones are not so great, but I did buy speakers after all so thats not a big deal. The mics and stands are a good add on, not high end studio quality, but great for the home or project studio on a budget. Ease of Use: Plug them in and start mixing. Quality: Very well put together. Value: This package was a great value. Manufacturer Support: Never had any issues, so I have no idea if they are any good. I guess that in it self makes the support great. Overall: I am sure as my home studio grows I will add to these monitors, but I do not see a need to replace them, at least not for a while.

"Really good - but need to know a tip" submitted March 5, 2012

By Tom Vasillah
Overall
Musical Background: Semi pro musician and producer for over two decades
Music Style: Rock/New Wave/Gothic/ Alternative
Overall: I have also Genelecs 8040 which I use as main monitors in my mix/mastering studio. Recently I bought a pair of theese for newly opened studio, made mainly for live drum recording sessions. I wanted to have a pair of loud, reliable monitors to hear what I am recording. Surprisingly I realized that these monitors are in some aspects better thet twice-as-expensive Genelecs. Since there is no knob to anjust the woofer level and the bass response is too pronounced I made an "acoustic lens" myself. Sticking a piece of sponge to bassreflex hole. Works great. Now the frequency response is flat to my ear. It really works, trust me. The sound is well balanced, well focused. Dimensional. Good for rock music which is a compliment cos I find Genelecs not good enough in expressing the nuances of the electric guitar (despide beeing good performers though).

KRK RP8G2 Rokit 8 G2 Customer Review submitted February 13, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Rock
Sound: I used a live P.A. system for my studio work and to play along with my guitar playing. These Rokits replaced the P.A. system and work just fine for the above purposes. I have heard nuances in the music I play and or record that I did not hear before which is great for someone who has had too much exposure to loud noises. Feature: It would be great if there was an attachment point to anchor these monitors to the monitor stands. Ease of Use: Easy set up. Quality: Came double boxed and blemish free, worked from the get go. Value: ZZounds price with the free monitor stands was worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Not Applicable The Wow Factor: Beyond being a great monitor, yes they also look cool. Overall: Unless I blow them up, I will own these for years.

"KRK,Best On The Market" submitted April 30, 2012

By Bobby T in Missouri City, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar,Drums,Keyboard,been playing for ALONGTIME.
Music Style: Gospel,Jazz,R&B,Raggae,Rock,Second Line. etc....
Overall: Bought these for my home studio setup for mixing and mastering,the RP8G2's allowed me to hear alot more of what i was missing in the mix.i combined them with the RP5G2's for cross reference,and a K10S to hear what's happening in the lower octaves,calibrated the system in a less than ideal room and KRK still gave me what i needed in nearfield listening. WOW!!

"Epic Monitors!" submitted January 26, 2011

Musical Background: musician
Music Style: Various
Feature: would like more options for fine tuning, but that might in turn defeat the purpose of true monitors? But they are great. Ease of Use: plug em in, they work and sound epic! Quality: appear to be constructed quite well. very solid and fairly heavy. Could they take a tumble to the floor? I'd rather not find out. Value: regular price I would say they are 8, but I got a special price match on them for christmas and that's an all the way 10. But even at regular price I would still have bought them without issue. good price. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed to contact anyone as of yet. The Wow Factor: They are very alluring in the studio. :) Overall: These things are killer. I usually get buyers remorse very easily but I have zero regrets about these. They sound and function fantastic, they look killer and zZounds customer service (price match) was 2nd to none. They also shipped it to me super fast too! Couldn't be happier. zZounds will be my first stop on my next studio purchase. If someone stole these, I would buy another set super fast!

"I've been listening for a long time but now I hear." submitted October 17, 2011

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: instrumental
Sound: My first experience with near field monitors. I am listening in a whole new way. Feature: Unpack them---set them up---plug them in. Great! Ease of Use: Unpack them---set them up---plug them in. Great! Quality: I accidently dropped one on a concrete floor while unpacking it. No problems and barely a scratch. That's well made. Value: Nothing to campare them to but I'm very happy with these. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I smile every time I see the yellow speaker cones. The power light (KRK Overall: I'm very happy.

"Read the reviews and compare them on the internet.You won't be dissapointed..." submitted May 9, 2010

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Musical Background: Was an active musician..Now a hobbyist.
Music Style: various
Sound: I previously owned an older set of Traynor speakers which done the job at the time...I just purchased a set of the Rokit 8 G2's and I couldn't have asked for a better sound for the price...I would highly recommend these monitors to anyone. Feature: They included the On Stage monitor stands but make sure you have plenty of room between you and the stands because you don't want to knock them over...The monitor platforms are small for the Rokit 8's but still work for my needs... Ease of Use: Easy connection and the sound is awesome! Recorded sounds are crisp and clear. Quality: Durable construction and solid sound. Value: Great purchase and sound for the price... Manufacturer Support: Don't know, haven't had to call them.

"Great Speakers. Even greater price" submitted June 18, 2011

Musical Background: Producer and Writer
Music Style: R&B, Techno, Hip-Hop and Rap
Sound: The lows are great, mids and highs are crisp. I love them. I use these for mixing purposes and although i've come across some other monitors that are slightly more true, these are the best for the price. Feature: The only accessories I use are the stands they came with. Those are pretty sweet Ease of Use: Pretty much plug and play. The knobs in the back can be adjusted for the room your in Quality: I've had these before (Well a friend sort of left them) and the sound was never compromised and I use a lot off bass drums, subs, etc. The ones I had before these I had for like 4 years and they were still good once I gave them back to the owner Value: Can't beat the price and the quality for it! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any reason to call them. So far so good. The Wow Factor: I wouldn't say they are sexy but I wasn't aiming for sex appeal. My girl hates the design

"awesome monitor" submitted May 8, 2011

Musical Background: engineer, producer
Music Style: hip hop
Sound: these speakers are awesome extremely accurate my mixes travel from my studio to the car to anywhere perfect. the high frequency adjustment really helps with room correction and the mopads help deliver a sturdy sound. The platform on the stands is a little small thats about the only flaw i would recommend these for the price to anyone they sound better than some mackies ive owned. thanks zzounds for the 4 payment installment plan. these monitors are awesome Feature: the mopads and the high frequency adjustment Ease of Use: just plugged in the 1/4 inch trs to xlr's and played Quality: made very well from the tweeters to the round shape construction these are built very well Value: great price for the quality Manufacturer Support: never neede it The Wow Factor: very well built Overall: I wouldnt replace this for the price with any other monitor in the price range

"Very happy" submitted October 4, 2012

By Mike E in Ottawa, ON
Overall
Musical Background: Been a home recordist for 20+ years.
Music Style: All sorts
Overall: I've had mine for a few years now. The tweeters were what sold me over the more expensive Mackies. Where the Mackies mash the highs together, the KRK tweeters let me differentiate the various bands of highs from brightness through to high-air - essential for making EQ and exciter decisions to bring out the detail in the mix and get smooth clean highs.

"Pray it doesn't break" submitted July 26, 2012

Overall
Sound: I dig the sound quality for the price. Heavy bass representation and decent high representation. The mids come through ok. Like I said, for the price they're fine. Feature: RCA or 1/4 inch inputs. Couple of control knobs. Very useful features. Ease of Use: Plug and play of course, but there are useful controls in the back. Quality: For the price they're fine. I would say they're a steal. But if you're the lucky one to experience a malfunction, In comes customer service. i don't think you want to deal with KRK customer service. Value: I would say that if you can get three years out of it the you have a winner of a product because it does what it does well. Manufacturer Support: Here's where I gripe- if you haven't noticed already. I'm a conscioused shopper. I like to feel really good about my purchases. With this purchase I did- while it worked. I'll start by saying it was only one speaker that failed. It wasn't like I had a left or right heavy mix so I'm thinking I simply had a speaker of bad quality. Anyway, I thought it was excessive to pay for shipping (at least 40 bucks), wait for a diagnosis and repair and return. The downtime is 3-4 weeks. For anyone serious about making music, this is entirely too long of a downtime. Have backup monitors or purchase something of better quality and customer service. The Wow Factor: I was wowed twice.....Unfortunately the latter one turned me off of KRK. (customer service). Reading the reviews, I saw that no one really had to deal with customer service. I hope they never have to. Overall: Had mine for about 10 months before one of them blew out. Haven't looked inside yet, but I've been reading that they're notorious for "shorting" or "opening, which will run you through a few fuses before you find out something bigger is the problem." Loved them while they worked though. a bit bass heavy but the highs are not too bad. Clarity could be a little better. However, they're not 1000 dollar monitors. Still expected to last longer than 10 months. My Behringers lasted longer and you know what they say about Behringers....Maybe I should go back

"krk rp8G2 Rokit" submitted November 15, 2012

By brian c in harrisburg, PA
Overall
Musical Background: music producer,play key board.
Music Style: hiphop,rmb
Overall: i love them the is sound is great and the bass is .heavy.

"KRK Rokit 8's" submitted November 15, 2012

By Lee H in East Hazel Crest, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for over 35 yrs.
Music Style: R&B, Funk, Contemporary/Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Gospel
Overall: Excellent reference monitors. I absolutely love them. Clear and precise.

"Killer Powered Speakers for my computer, itunes and ipod." submitted December 25, 2009

By a customer from nc.rr.com
Music Style: Everything and more
Sound: I'm just a guy with an apply and a huge itunes library who wants his music loud and to sound great. I got two rokit 8 powered speakers for Christmas and they are OUTSTANDING!!!!! They sound great low or LOUD. And I mean loud! I run them from my MBP with the Duet and the Break Out Box using RCA cables. I am using them is a small home and I plan to take them outside in the Spring to host "Music in the Park". I also mess with Live and LaunchPad and these speakers sound great for that too. Feature: What more can I ask for... Ease of Use: Plugged them in, turned them on, and WOW!!!!! Quality: Seem to be very well made. Value: I was considering spending over a grand for two powered speakers. Glad I bought these for a bit over $400 from zzsounds. Manufacturer Support: No experience yet... The Wow Factor: Looks great. Overall: These are my fourth set of speakers and amp in 38 years. I expect to use these till I die!

"Dont debate anymore. These are Pro." submitted May 14, 2010

Musical Background: Music Producer
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Pop
Sound: Holy. Hell. The sound is literally like listening to music for the first time. Like. I cant imagine anything more clear and accurate than this. You dont need more than this. I was going to get these until i got the vxt8 but screw that. iv heard both and these sound just about as amazing. honestly. i debated 7 MONTHS whether or not to get these. i wish i got them the first time it crossed my mind. and the free stands are phenominal. like a rock. ordered it and they all came the next day! I just cant say enough about these... blew my expectations out of the water. oh and bass drops... YEAH.. orgasmic. Feature: What more could you ask for? Not just for home studio... these things hold their own to way more expensive stuff. Ease of Use: If you dont have a mixer with balanced left and right channels dont use quarter inch cable. just use the rca until get one. im getting a console when i move so i use RCA for now and its phenominal. Quality: These things are so heavy. they feel like moving boulders. Value: These things are KRKs, come on. Manufacturer Support: Havent dealt with KRK yet, hope i dont have to, dont think ill have to. No complaits at all. just want to call KRK and tell them they are phenom. Overall: Forever satisfied as long as they work.

"Not Quite The Sound For Rock Guitarists" submitted October 11, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Active Musician
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal, Acoustic, Progressive
Sound: Sound? These are great conventional listen speakers. Plug in your stereo and listen to your favorite CDs or hook it up to the TV to hear things in semi-studio clarity. I am a professional recording engineer and have been recording and mixing for more than 20 years, so, sound is essential to me. Entry level professional monitors? I'd say it's more like, advance intermediate monitors but not quite in the pro category. The all-around sound is great. The speaker does a fine job at producing pianos, strings, horns, drums, bass, and vocals but really lacks the true sound of a guitar - more precisely, an electric guitar with high gain. When plugging in my Boss GT-10, the clean sounds great...but the distortion setting is out of its true sound. I have my high gain set to mirror Eddie VanHalen's guitar sound and a few others to mirror Dream Theater and Black Label Society as well as Zeppelin, Journey, and Maiden. In these setup, the speaker puts out a natural mid-low frequency that causes my guitars to sound cheap, fake, and lacking the full roar you'd normally hear through an expensive Marshall or Mesa Boogie. In other words, if you want speakers to truly duplicate your guitar sound, look elsewhere. When I switched the plugs and ran my setup through my Yamahas, wow...what a difference. My guitar instantly sounded aggressive, mean, full, and growls. My GT-10 even sounds awsome in my regular computer speakers, but somehow it only sounds cheap through these KRK Rokit 8 monitors. But, for what you get as a package with the purchase of these speakers are unbeatable: The stands, the foam pads. It's always good to have a pair of decent speakers to just listen to music and/or hear your recording at a given noticed. I think, R&B, Hip-Hop, Rap, jazz, and classical music lovers may dig these speakers because they do sound great with these type of music. Don't get me wrong, listening to a completed and mixed CD of your rock tunes sound great...but don't expect them to mirror your quality guitar sound during recording or playing live. mmmmmm, for the price, it's certainly not a bad buy..but you should always have a pair of professional monitors to do actual mixing. Feature: Though there is a single knob to adjust your high frequency, it lacks the ability to adjust the other "more important" sound - the mid, mid-low, and bass responses. For this reason, you're stuck with this annoying mid-low frequency that just seems to overkill the guitar quality when in high gain. Ease of Use: Just plug and play. Not much to say about it. Quality: Speaker appears to be very well built. It looks durable and the design gives it an appeal that stands out from the rest. Very solid finish. The worst aspect of the quality is (in my opinion) the direct front port. you would think the front ported bass would produce more hefty bass but doesn't (at least not for this model). The bass responses appear very present, but the kick (drum) seems to lack a bit during play back. I think this is partly due to the front ported chamber design. This is also another reason why the mid-low section seem to overkill. Basses tend to sound muddy and not clean. NOT a favorable design, in my opinion. Open backs are much cleaner and tends to keep basses separate from kick basses. Value: I value this high simply because of the low selling price and package that ZZounds offered with this purchase. The price is fair for a pair of lower end studio monitors. I've been wanting a second pair of monitors just for general music listening and watching movies only with a much higher quality than your conventional speakers you'd buy from Frys or BestBuy, etc. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any dealings over this purchase... But ZZounds, in general, have always been great to me and very very quick in their deliveries. I am a repeated customer due to their outstanding service and quick processing practice. Thanks ZZounds for allowing me to make four separate payments. Now I can actually afford to buy some instruments. The Wow Factor: I gave it an 8 simply because it has quite a nice appeal though does seem to lack a real professional look. It kinda reminds me of a "step-up" boom box pair of speakers...but at the same time, it would look great on either side of my 67" TV. Overall: As I mentioned, these are great speakers for general music listening but not exactly a pair of reliable mixing monitors I would depend my life on. Nice volume, very loud, and not bad all-around....just not great.

"What more to say than... WOW!" submitted December 22, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Alternative, Electronic
Sound: Before owning monitor speakers i thought the best sound had the most bass... but now... Oh my GOD! The highs are SO crystal clear its like everytime i listen to something on anything else than these is sounds dampened! But dont get me wrong, the bass BLASTS aswell! More than my old sub used to BY FAR. These things shake my entire house when the volume is probly about 30%... =D AMAZING haha... Anyways, these are SUCH amazing speakers, so do yourself a favor and dont get any other monitors but these! OH! But when buy (ANY) monitors, BUY THE AURALEX MOPADS! THEY MAKE A PHENOMENAL DIFFERENCE! DO IT =) Feature: They have VERY good volume knobs on the back that are very useful! Also they have high filter level adjustments in case you have a very dampened room or a very bright sounding room! All i could ask for! Very good! Ease of Use: Turn em on and BLAST =) Its that simple... Quality: VERY STURDY and HEAVY. (But not toooo heavy)... Built great and with awesome looks too! They make your set up look QUITE SEXY! Value: Other monitors that sound this great, i would expect to cost far over 400 each but yet these are more bang for the buck than i could imagine! Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use them! So i guess thats great! The Wow Factor: They look SO SEXY on each side of my 27" iMac! I wake up in the morning and just imagine how much it would suck to not have them! AMAZING SPEAKERS =) Overall: FANTASTICC!!!!! My skills in engineering have increased so much just in the little time ive had these! You automatically learn what sound RIGHT and whats not sitting well in the mix. PLEASE BUY THESE MONITORS! Do it for YOU!!!

"They sound really good, nice flat response, very nice bass, nice treble and they can get very loud when needed. " submitted June 8, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist Musician/Recording Engineer/Mixer
Music Style: Classic to Hard Rock, Alternative,
Sound: I have not owned them that long but so far they sound great! I was surprised when I first used them as I heard the sound from my DAW coming from the center speaker and there is none! The phantom speaker seems very prevalent with these so far just as it should. Nice.. If it helps others I had some noise from the computer coming through these, it was annoying and not the speakers! I bought a USB sound interface that has line level RCA outputs. I solved it by using a (GLI) Ground Loop Isolator box that are used for car audio. No power required. The one I used is called a "Fierce Audio Ground Loop Isolator." I have this GLI box plugged into my USB sound interface via RCA (the box has an attached short RCA L/R cable for the input) and then the RCA connections on the speakers plug into the GLI box on the other side that has RCA jacks for its output. Totally solved my issues. Nice and clean sound now! Feature: Balanced and unbalanced connections, high frequency adjust knob and self powered, what else do you need? Ease of Use: They are speakers so this does not really apply. They work and they work well! Quality: Seem very well made. Solid and no problems as of yet. Value: You can NOT get a better set for this price range and they even out perform speakers costing double! I am not kidding! Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to contact the company as of yet. The Wow Factor: Love them so far. Overall: Unless they stop working I can see no reason to rate them lower. I highly recommend getting the 8" speakers over anything smaller. Spend the extra and get the 8" trust me! I may get the sub woofer later on but so far it has not really been needed, I think these work well on their own. Get the stands, you WANT the stands and you can get them free in a bundle at times.

Musical Background: Hobbyist Musician/Recording Engineer/Mixer
Music Style: Classic to Hard Rock, Alternative,

"Great Speakers!!!" submitted October 25, 2010

Music Style: Alternative/Electronic
Sound: Very flat response! Right as soon as i opened up Ableton and listened to my tracks i immediately heard all the mistakes i previously made mixing on my little logitechs! Oh! But if you plan on buying these (or really any other monitors) BUY THE AURALEX MOPADS!!!! I had my speakers for about a week by themselves on my table before i bought the MoPads too... and WOW they SERIOUSLY made a difference after putting them under the monitors. Im only 16 but id like to think i have a pretty decent home-studio! This was a great addition to everything! Feature: Knobs for high-end adjustements are great but i usually leave them flat for mixing/mastering. Ease of Use: I bought a PreSonus AudioBox USB along with them to use the balanced outputs and they sound great! Just turn them on and blast away! Quality: these things are heavy and seem VERY durable... If i keep buying such nice things might table might collapse cuz of all the weight haha... VERY NICE though =) Value: Never heard any other monitors like this... I mean before them i had a little Logitech 2.1 system that wasnt ANYTHING like this... theyre great! Manufacturer Support: Havent had any problems yet... hopefully never will! =) The Wow Factor: QUITE SEXY! haha... Wish my girlfriend would turn on and do work whenever i wanted her to like these speakers do..just kidding! =) But seriously these are great sounding, and GREAT looking.. Overall: Very flat response! Great for everything i'm doing and i couldn't see any other speakers being here in my studio! =) VERY happy with them!

"Very solid choice." submitted March 31, 2011

Musical Background: Audio Engineer
Music Style: Synth-rock, Electronica
Sound: Fantastic sound. Nice, thick bass without being muddy. Crisp highs, accurate mids. The rounded baffle really does help make the stereo imaging wider, these sound great even almost completely off to the side. The front bass ports are very nice to have; I've got mine almost right up against the wall and experience no bass buildup. I can hear everything that's happening in my mixes without bias. There are, of course, nicer and more accurate monitors, but at this price point, not many come this close. Feature: XLR & 1/4" inputs, HF db adjust... pretty much covers whatever your needs may be. Ease of Use: Not sure what to say, really. They're monitors. You plug them in, hook them up and turn them on. Ta-da. Quality: These are very solid feeling monitors. Sturdy. They could definitely take a beating. A few other brands with offerings at around this price (Behringer, M-Audio, etc.) have a somewhat less impressive fit and finish. These KRKs are the Honda of build quality. Value: I highly recommend these if your budget is somewhere around the $500 range. If the extra couple hundred isn't a big issue, the Yamaha HS80Ms are worth a look too. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to contact KRK for anything so far. The Wow Factor: They're very sexy monitors. The rounded baffles are sleek and the yellow woofers are just sexy. I don't even like yellow, but these things look great. Overall: I am very pleased with my decision to go with these KRKs. The bass response with the 8" woofers is sufficient for my needs, but I know if I ever need the extra punch from a sub, the KRK 10S is there waiting for me, perfectly matched to these sweet speakers.

"NOT Happy with this Monitor made by KRK" submitted August 20, 2010

Overall
Sound: I bought a set of monitor speakers ,after about 60 days one of them now has a horrible, white noise sound . Feature: If the other speaker worked it would be helpful feature Ease of Use: NO sound not easy to work the one speaker only admits white sound noise Quality: Nope made in China no quality control I guess Value: IF you buy the higher end model maybe it will last longer but this budget model is poor quality. buyer be wear , you pay for what you get Manufacturer Support: I will update latter ,now after 10 pm, not sure who to contact , I no longer have the speakers boxes The Wow Factor: bad Overall: Never buy again from this company , 60 days and not working what kind of crap is this

When you call, mention priority code 1729-PQNN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976