When you call, mention priority code 173C-6NWN

Rating and Reviews: KRK RP6G2 Rokit G2

Trust your ears, trust your monitors. The RP6G2 Rokit G2's from KRK feature a speaker voicing that offers an extremely accurate frequency response.

Overall

"Decide what you really want for a monitor and make up your own mind after listening to a bunch of candidates." submitted March 12, 2009

Musical Background: Producer, composer, remixer, dj/23 years
Music Style: Electronic, alt, movie scores
Sound: First off, in order for any monitor to sound decent it must be properly installed. The acoustics of your room are gonna make a huge difference on how you set them up. Placement of the monitors themselves(they have instructions) and a bit of common audio sense will go a long way to help you enjoy your listening experience. Having said all that, these things sound great. I put them in my project studio and adjusted them to the room and I'm very pleased with their flat response and wide sweet spot. They have plenty of range, although they taper off down below 50hz so a sub is advised. I would prefer a bit more head room in the amps, but they don't break up when you push them so you can crank them up and not lose the essence of the mix. They also come with a few settings on the rear panel so you can adjust to your room. Bass is tight and responsive/no fwap fwap. And the mids and highs blend nicely to create an accurate picture of what you're mixing. They're a great deal for the price. Feature: A bit of room adjustment goes a long way and they have 4 settings on the rear panel for this. I suggest you play with it. Use balanced inputs only to avoid that hum. I had it even though I ran all gear off one circuit with a conditioner. Better cables helped a ton so spend a bit more dough and it'll be worth it. Made it China, but all seems to be well for now(I'm knocking on wood as I type). Ease of Use: Easy to use...when aren't they? Quality: Well made as far as I can tell. I haven't cracked the cabs yet, so I have no clue what they look like inside. They seem to be well put together, again, for the money. Value: great monitors for a really reasonable price. There are a bunch of really nice monitors out there for in this price range. Go and listen to as many as possible and make sure they're in a decent environment. Take a few different types of music with you, music that you know well and know how it "should" sound. Manufacturer Support: Not sure, hope I don't ever find out. The Wow Factor: "Sex appeal"...really?! I don't usually think of my equipment in these terms, but if that's what zZounds wants...Remember that girl in high school that you should have slept with, you know, the voluptuous curvy one with the beautiful face and the great smile who always seemed so cool? Well, translate her to these monitors...I guess. You don't want to spend the rest of your life wishing you'd heard these. Overall: I will replace when I can afford to spend a ton of cash on gear. But for now, they work really damn well. I've remixed some tracks on these that I had previously released on various labels and wish I had used these to master instead of my others. Live and learn.
50 of 52 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent sound, excellent value! Grab 'em!" submitted March 21, 2009

Musical Background: Budding Producer
Music Style: Pop, Hip Hop
Sound: The sound quality is really excellent for this price point. If you are just starting out with a project studio, and you want something that won't lead you astray, this is probably one of the best choices you can make for a nearfield monitor. The sound is clear, evenly distributed, and it makes mixing very easy. The bass extension is just right (to my ears). The stereo imaging is just lovely. You can very clearly hear each instrument in its own space. Fantastic sound - very happy. Feature: The included High Frequency adjuster is very handy (a low frequency one would have been cool too), and the volume knob allows you to get a good balance between speakers in an untreated room (a la my bedroom studio). Ease of Use: Plug in. Turn on. Be amazed. Simple, really. Quality: Can't fault the quality. They look great and are well made. Value: Fantastic value at this price point. What an excellent project studio / bedroom studio set of speakers. Look no further. Manufacturer Support: n/a Overall: Can't say anything bad about these speakers. They're nearfields, so they're not designed to blow the doors off the club. They're designed to be near you, with you in the sweet spot, and for that purpose they really do excel. Fantastic.
50 of 52 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best Monitors on the market. Industry standard for a super affordable price!" submitted September 7, 2010

By a customer from djxaq.com
Musical Background: Music Producer
Music Style: House, Electro, Pop
Sound: the sound on these monitors are by far the most accurate I have ever used. perfect range of low ends up to the extremely high ends. You can hear everything very well and it doesnt let the low ends overpower the mix like most monitors. Feature: it came with just the speakers and power sources.(no wires included). Love how it lights up when its on. I just dont like how the volume controls are hard to tell if they are the same on each speaker, could easily end up hurting your mix so be careful when adjusting your volumes on the back. Ease of Use: Literally plug in and play. When you first get them the hum is very noticeable.(balanced or Unbalanced). But once i used them for a few months it completely went away. The knobs on the back are meant to suit your specific room so the sound is custom to your own room. Quality: Super solid. High grade materials. kevlar, aeroplane grade plastic, titanium metal. Had these bad boys for almost 2 years now and not one problem at all! (Knock on wood). Value: this is a super bang for your buck. These monitors could easily go for 400 a piece but at just 200 you are getting the best deal out there for the industry standard monitors. Manufacturer Support: called once about the "humm" sound. very polite and explained why that happens with all new monitors and what i possibly did wrong/could do to fix it. The Wow Factor: sexy product. sleak gun metal black with yellow kevlar speakers. and the light on them when you turn the lights out!! oh baby! Overall: I will have these for as long as they last and once they finally break I will be buying the same ones (maybe just upgrade to the 8's). love them and you will two if you buy!

"Superior Quality. Superior Price." submitted May 12, 2011

Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Electronic, Pop, Drum and bass
Sound: Simply put, this is the best close field monitor on the market. They've enhanced my ability to place sounds in their proper area in the stereo field, and the "sweet spot" is nothing short of spectacular. Couple these bad boys with the KRK Subwoofer and you're good to go. Feature: Simple to use and setup. My purchase came equipped with the zZound package of stands + auralex pads. I couldn't ask for anything more. Ease of Use: Two dials, one for volume and one for high frequency. How much simpler can it get? Quality: There are no "high frequency boosters" or other garbage "enhancements" other companies add to their monitors. Don't be turned off if you go to Guitar Center and the Yamaha's sound like they have more high end, it's just an "enhancement" that in the end, causes more harm than good to your mix. Value: You will not find a better monitor for the price. Period. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it, but from reading several forums I've never found a person who has been unhappy with their customer service. The Wow Factor: Lots of sex appeal - curved cones, vibrant colors, solid construction. Overall: I will not replace this product, nor would I buy something else. The only thing I don't like is that I didn't buy sooner!!

"Don't be surprised if your jaw drops and your eyes pop out when you hear these badass mofos." submitted August 1, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Very varied, but mainly rock, folk and folk rock, soundtrack, house, classical and bossa nova (and old) jazz
Sound: I was listening to M-audio CX8s and Yamaha HS80s and it was a case of spot the difference when I gave these babies a spin. Yes the bigger speakers were that little bit better with more defined bass and perhaps more depth of soundstage, but not nearly enough to warrant an extra €200 hike in price. I really didn't expect to hear such a good sound and my eyes popped out of my head and my jaw dropped to the floor I was that amazed at how well these speakers performed against their larger and more expensive competitors. Feature: The usual connections and switches are at the back so it is a bit of a nuisance plugging in connections and kettle leads because these things are big and bulky and so it would made life just a little bit easier if the on/off switch is at the front, but then again, most of the other monitors out there are built the same, so it's only a minor quibble. Also you have those different setting for different room envirnoments which comes in handy and if needs be, you can always attach a sub woofer to get those booming bass sounds that drop below the 50 hz limit of these 6 inch woofers. Ease of Use: Again, the features affect the ease of use as mentioned above, but these are speakers and once you plug them in, they're plugged in so play away and just smile when you hear how sweet they sound. Quality: These things are built like a tank. The cones are woven from kevlar which means they are tougher and more flexible than paper and more responsive so you are able to pick out the more delicate sounds of say an acoustic guitar, the hiss of a hi-hat and the subtle nuances of singer even in the middle of a noisy and busy song. Value: This punches way above its weight and will floor most of its competitors in the same price range, if not all. Instead of KRK they should be called KO K. Manufacturer Support: I have no experience so I can't really say. The Wow Factor: Just look at those curves and the size of those tweats. ;o) Overall: For the rest of my life. Even if I move on to bigger and better speakers I will use these for a 5.1 system or failing that as a rather over the top set of hi fi speakers.

"Superior for the Money." submitted April 20, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 46 years playing and owning various gear. Song writer live musician varied genres.
Music Style: progressive rock, acoustic folk, contemporary Christian light fusion
Sound: For low end monitors they are more than adequate. Of course the low end is not going to be as good as with a sub-woofer, but the flat response is great for instrument separation. Perfect for home studio with a Mac and Logic. Very good quality for the buck. Feature: It came with the stands and Auralex pads. Ease of Use: Plug and play some cool adjustments additional on rear of units for volume and frequency response. Quality: Units seem to be of a solid quality. Value: I don't think you will find better at this price, although everything in life is about personal taste and preference, nothing is the same for all people. Manufacturer Support: Don't Know yet The Wow Factor: Compact sharp design with lots of punch. Overall: As long as they last they'll work for me.

"A truly average speaker that is priced much too far above it's real value." submitted December 31, 2011

By a customer from panoriental.com
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years, guitars, keys, professionally.
Music Style: rock, country, blues and jazz.
Sound: The sound quality is good except for the ease with which these units pick up hum. I simply cannot believe that any serious audiophile or recording engineer would to spend so much money on a nearfield monitor that has no DIGITAL Coax or Optical link input capability, especially considering that 'hum' is the number one enemy of a nearfield box. I compared these to a pair of Behringer MS40s and, although not as beefy as the the G2s, they Behringers are a MUCH better bang for the buck, are quiet, well-built and have both DIGITAL Coaxial and Optical Link 24/192 input connections and are heavily shielded. Feature: The least useful features are the driver freq adjustment switches on the back. Granted, these are good to have on a self-powered speaker, but not such a big deal--more or less standard for matching room acoustics. Most engineers want to control the drivers from the console--not the box--especially if you mix different kinds of music where you may want a bit of a boomy, resonant bottom end on orchestral pieces versus tight thuds on an R&B piece. I understand the drivers themselves are top quality. Ease of Use: It takes an average amount of time to set these up --same as most other similar speakers. Quality: They're beefy and solidly made. The driver cone material is apparently made to last longer than traditional materials. The controls and electronics appear to be good quality. Value: These speakers, lacking any digital input capability, are simply not worth the price they're asking for an entry level nearfield speaker. Manufacturer Support: I have not had any dealings with the company itself. The Wow Factor: It is made well and I think the appeal of this particular product is there because of it's bigger brothers--which are truly awesome in comparison. Overall: I would not purchase these speakers.

When you call, mention priority code 173C-6NWN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976