When you call, mention priority code 158L-14DW

Rating and Reviews: Korg SP-250 Digital Piano

The Korg SP-250 digital piano offers rich sound in a portable package, including a sustain pedal and stand to put your keyboard at the perfect playing level.

Overall

"Emotionally interactive and graciously responsive in technicality and execution " submitted February 3, 2013

By Lester Gainey in Nahunta, GA
Musical Background: I began the Journey in Piano at the age of 11
Music Style: any creative expression of the 13 values we call notes that is met with the invocation of a colorless, odorless, and inexplicabl
Sound: There is no horrid dying reverberation of digital fingerprint left behind in the wake of a key stroke, thus I am more than satisfied. Feature: It features simplicity and ergonomic integrity to its class, I have no complaints as there has been no feature marketed that was less than expressed by the manufacturer. Ease of Use: It works very well as a control key set for my Korg M50 Music Workstation's MIDI functionality and is very simpatico. Quality: It seams o be very well built, the action is smooth and free... the keys feel dense and the housing of the keys is made of metal which gives a feeling of greater stability and less interference with music progression. Value: Did I not choose this from a vast inventory? So yes! Manufacturer Support: I have always enjoyed KORG Products, and they have yet to fail to meet my expectations. Yet. The Wow Factor: The Instrument dose not get in the way of the musician; this is by far the greatest tribute to any instrument when it can be wielded by passion and yet uninhibited by mechanical folly- Overall: This is not a "Keyboard" of the utilitarian variety, rather an techno-acoustic hybrid in its mechanical likenesses and sound distribution design. I am impressed by the graded weights which remind me of the Japanese variety of Parlor Grands- The Action alone is worth its price, and the sound production includes those subtle nuances not found in "Retail Keyboards" . In the Studio using highly sensitive recording processes the rendering of the sound production is flawless which is the only clue that it may not be an actual acoustic piano. The Piano height has been complained about by some, but it is STANDARD to a "Western Global Paradigm" and thus I find it exquisitely accommodating to the European Anglo anthropological stature and posture.

"The best portable digital piano." submitted February 26, 2006

By a customer from centurytel.net
Musical Background: teacher and performer
Music Style: classical
Sound: For a portable digital piano, outstanding. The basic sounds are probably better than the combined / layered sounds. Feature: Pedal design is good; it doesn't move around. The stand is very solid, yet very light. The front control panel is easy to use. Polyphony is adequate for a keyboard in this price range. Ease of Use: Very straightforward. Like most portable digital pianos, not a lot to it. Can be played out of the box. Quality: Excellent. Very solid feel. Keyboard has a really solid action. The piano is also very attractive. The keyboard does not wobble or move on the stand, even though the stand is very light. Value: Very good value. Manufacturer Support: Not required yet.
112 of 119 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Almost perfect keyboard..." submitted January 22, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist, plays in church
Music Style: Gospel, Pop
Sound: I grew up with Yamaha piano, so it took some adjustment to get used to Korg sound. The weight feel is also different than Yamaha. The built in speaker is great, but not the best. It sounds better if you use a good-quality headphone. But I do use the built-in speaker more often due to lazyness to having something over my head all the time :) Feature: Includes pedal, stand. Soundwise it have about 10 instruments (if I'm not mistaken), each has 3 different voices that are similar but different. I mainly use the piano sound only so I don't have much comment about the others. Solid stand, solid pedal. Ease of Use: Quite intuitive to use. But do read the manual, because they have extra features that you won't figure out on your own. Quality: Love it. Altho one thing that I notice when I first got it was there was sort of a soft "click" on one of the note if you wiggle it left-right. But if you put the volume a bit louder, you probably won't notice anyway. Value: Good value for the price Manufacturer Support: Did not have to deal yet. The Wow Factor: I don't really like the color. It doesn't look like a modern cool music instrument. Hahaha.. but again, it's a matter of preference, so I won't complain much about it. Overall: Overall, I love my digital piano and I use it on a daily basis, although I would probably still prefer Yamaha if they were on my budget. This could be biased though, since I grew up using Yamaha, so I tend to prefer their key weights and their sounds. The only thing that I wish Korg could change is the stand. The stand is not adjustable, it's a fixed height. They probably made this with American person as a standard. For me, an Asian, it's hard to find a balance between having a taller chair so I can play the keyboard comfortably, and still having my feet reaching the pedal. I find that's the drawback. Usually Yamaha keyboard heights work better for me... maybe because they're Asian-made? LOL Well, I'm not a heavy user/professional musicians, so I can still live with it. But you may want to consider this fact to try out the height before you go and buy the keyboard.
111 of 119 people (93.28%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Korg's BEST digitakl paino under a grand.shcoop.sara" submitted June 12, 2011

By a customer from me.com
Musical Background: pro musician
Music Style: Jazz
Sound: Very high quality sounds for the price. Pretty good built in speakers. Feature: With pedel and stand included it's got all you need included even music stand rack. Ease of Use: Plug and play, easy. Quality: Case is all pastic but the buttons are fairly solid. Value: Considering the price it's awsome, some pro's use this on stage and they could aford so much more. Clearly worth about $200 more than it costs. Manufacturer Support: N/A Korg ? who knows? The Wow Factor: Very appealing feels good under my hands. Overall: Still one of the best choices in digital piano for under 1000.

"Korg 250 WS" submitted January 2, 2013

By Dianne T in Melbourne, FL
Musical Background: Voice and piano teacher
Overall: Fantastic digital piano. Beautiful to look at, beautiful sound quality. It has the touch of an acoustic piano, and I like that the touch sensitivity can be adjusted. The music rack is wide and deep, very sturdy. The company packaged and padded the components very securely. Very pleased with Santa's gift, will get lots of use and enjoyment.

"Best Value!!!....... Solid build and Great sound!" submitted March 15, 2011

Overall
Music Style: Rock,Alternative Rock,Country, etc.
Sound: The sound is excellent for under a Grand. The Grand being one of the best sounds on board with the strings and electric pianos close behind. Nice expression to each key all the way across. Feature: Had pretty much every thing I was looking for in my budget, being A nice piano tone and weighted 88 keys with a solid build. Damper pedal and A solid stand complete the package. Ease of Use: Works out of the box. Easy to understand and fun to play. Quality: Solid...I haven't moved it around much but it stay's in place on the stand and has a firm feel. Value: Worth every penny. Nothing else compares at this price range I've seen or played. Manufacturer Support: Haven't yet and hope I won't have to. The Wow Factor: Look's nice in your home or studio. Overall: Works for all My applications. I could see upgrading down the road for regular stage use.

"Looks like a piano, feels like a piano, sounds like a kazoo" submitted April 25, 2010

By a customer from laserk.com
Overall
Sound: This is a pretty lousy sounding piano. The bass is not terrible, maybe a bit dull, but the treble is distorted, unrealistic and several notes are buzzy. Just a real loser tonally. Really cringeworthy on leads. The other instruments available are similarly unrealistic, but I don't care about them since it's a piano sound I want. Feature: Comes with a nice stand and decent pedal. The pedal slides around a lot on the stand but could probably be stuck down with something. Ease of Use: Easy to use. I mean, it's a piano. You bang on the keys and noise comes out. There are 6 piano voices, none of which do a lot. The playability is excellent. The action is a lot better than I expected and I can play faster with better articulation than on my old Roland. Quality: Reasonably well made, nothing falling off, not junky. It is, however, plastic. I'm taking it on gigs and I expect it to get beat up and busted. It'll probably last a couple of years. Value: If it sounded better it would be much more valuable. Manufacturer Support: I did call Korg about the sound, especially the buzzy treble. I got on the phone with a techician quickly, who suggested that this was not normal and I should return the piano. Well, I did and the replacement piano is exactly the same. But the support was good. The Wow Factor: I want a Roland. Overall: A serviceable piano for gigs: fine for backing up a singer, not real nice for leads. Good practice piano because of the excellent action. I bought this on price, and I'm keeping it on price.
10 of 13 people (76.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great keyboard for the $. Ready to go and fun to play." submitted August 29, 2011

Musical Background: active
Music Style: music
Sound: Very pleased with the sound in general. The 2nd electric piano has excessively pronounced overtones and I don't use it for that reason. Same with vibes. Pianos are great. Feature: Comes ready to play including stand, headphones, and pedal. Nice assortment of sounds and reverb/chorus options. Drum tracks would make it a 10. Ease of Use: Simple. Quality: Completely satisfied except for the overtone issue. Value: Surely worth the money. Manufacturer Support: This was my first purchase and I had many questions. Zzounds was very helpful. Thanks. The Wow Factor: It made me open my wallet. Overall: Eventually, I will move to a synthesizer, but I expect to have this keyboard a long time.

"good for beginners for the price" submitted March 9, 2009

Overall
Sound: While the organ sounds can be used in a quirky temperature, the piano sound is fin, just fine. Not amazing, and doesn't stand the big P.A. test where you start to really hear the degradation of sound quality. However, this keyboard is not meant for use professionally (as the price reflects) so you really get what you give when it comes to stage pianos. The Nord Stage is infinitely better, but when you compare it to the Roland RD700s and Yamaha's of this world it finds it's nesting pool. Personally, if you got the money and work in professional environments regularly go for Nord, if you don't, both the top range Rolands and Yamahas are better but they cost a good bit more. If you're a casual player, get it. It's a steal for the price; if you're a beginner learning the piano, do be aware that no keyboard can compare to a real piano's articulacy, so don't get disheartened if you can't play Rach 3 on it when your time comes Feature: If you've read above and all is ok, then you get what you need with this keyboard Ease of Use: very simply laid out Quality: As far as quality is concerned, I only know this product from playing it 15-20 times so I can't comment too much Value: very reasonable for what you get Manufacturer Support: None The Wow Factor: It looks ok Overall: For beginners, this is ideal. For aspiring musicians, this won't see you through the medium to bigger stages. THe sound and feel just isn't good enough if you can play well
20 of 31 people (64.52%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awful. Save your money and buy a Roland. Unrealistic weighted action. Lousy piano sounds." submitted March 20, 2011

By a customer from precisiondivision.com
Overall
Sound: Lousy sound. Unrealistic piano action. They claim that they keys are realistically weighted. They are not. This is probably one of the worst digital pianos I have ever owned. Korg used to make quality, great sounding digital pianos. It's a shame that they could have produced such an inferior product. I used to have respect for Korg, but now I cannot take them seriously. The piano sampling is, in a word, awful. If I can recommend one thing to those who read this review, keep in mind that ZZounds has a very helpful payment option. Take advantage of that and buy a better quality digital piano from Roland. Expect to spend around $1500 for something decent. If I could do it over, I would have waited to buy a better product. Korg was clearly trying to cut corners "in this economy". That phrase is a contagious excuse for manufacturers to under-achieve. Companies are cutting themselves into failure. Cutting too many corners becomes counter productive and risks damage to a company's reputation. After I'm done paying this off I'll probably sell it to a local store at a loss, but I am ok with that, because I want something better. I still can't get over the fact that Korg would put their name on such an awful product. I guess they stopped caring. Feature: The few features that it did have were flawed. Don't even try to use reverb or chorus because the distortion is terribly obvious. If they wanted to make a good stage piano - give it realistic weighted keys. Give it more (and better) piano sounds. Give users some options to quickly control the volume of each sound. Ease of Use: Turn it on and play. Simple enough but I'm reluctant to call that an accomplishment. Quality: They keys feel cheap. The weighting is terribly unrealistic. The stand that they provide you with is flimsy but I kind of expected that. You wouldn't want to travel with this unit either. It's far too heavy. It's a toy. Value: The price is very good. That should have been enough of a warning to stay away. You get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: I did email the company to inquire about the high number of left speaker failures that I have read about. It took nearly a month for them to get back to me to answer my questions. The Wow Factor: It's not very aesthetically appealing. It has a very plain look and the color resembles department store keyboards. Overall: I plan to sell it ASAP. I'll replace it with a high quality Roland digital or digital grand. I am looking for a true piano sound, and realistic weighted action. Korg has failed miserably to deliver on those two most fundamental features. I wish I had played this before I bought it. That would have been enough to know to wait and keep looking.

When you call, mention priority code 158L-14DW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976