When you call, mention priority code 145Y-65B1

Rating and Reviews: Korg nanoKONTROL USB MIDI

Choose from 168 different MIDI controls with this super-compact, super-affordable controller from Korg.

Overall

"The best $60 a Laptop DJ or Producer can spend! PERIOD!!!" submitted June 11, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Working DJ and Part-time Audio Engineer and Producer.
Music Style: House
Sound: This is the best $60 a Laptop DJ or Producer can spend. This thing rocks, feels solid and despite small size is easy to use. The multiple (4) scenes make this thing remarkably extensible. I have had other midi controllers that cost much more and were less usable. Works great with Ableton Live and Traktor Pro. Feature: Layout is easy to use and parts do not feel cheap. Ease of Use: Could not be simpler. Quality: For $60 bucks it is unbeatable. Value: UNBEATABLE!!! Manufacturer Support: Not much to support but Korg has a nice editor available for download. The Wow Factor: Laptop users MUST HAVE THIS!!! Mobile creativity at its finest. Overall: I plan to buy another to add to my performance set up.

"Kontrolling my software is more fun with MIDI controllers" submitted December 31, 2010

Musical Background: Producer, Artist, Composer, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Industrial, Rock
Sound: This is a MIDI controller. It has no sound input or output, just controls the software. It doesn't make any unnecessary noise either. No buzzing or humming or anything. Which is good. Feature: The extra stuff is definitely needed seeing as how you will need some kind of music software, which Ableton is a great choice and the Korg editor is very necessary since your software might not match up as easily as expected (mine was fine though) and so you can edit the other functions on the scenes. The USB cable isn't too short either like a lot of other brands would make. Ease of Use: I plugged mine right in and opened Ableton and started assigning MIDI. The only flaw in this isn't really in Korgs part, but you have to make a template if you want the same controls every time. It does not automap to your software. Quality: While I wouldn't say it's a piece of junk, I would have to say I am a little disappointed with the quality of the product. It's thin plastic and it feels like if it was dropped at all, it would be ruined. Compare the KORG Kontrol products to the the new AKAI pro laptop products and you'll see what I mean. For the price and the only mixer this small though, can't complain. Value: Since AKAI didn't make a mixer version yet, this is the best out there. I would probably pay more for it too. I think I got a pretty darn good deal :) Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support, so I can't tell about this one but since I didn't need it, 10 stars The Wow Factor: The black looks best with most things. The white would go good with a Mac setup I suppose though. It's not an ugly toy, it's a decently good looking device. In my opinion for it to be sexy, it would need LEDs next to the faders. That would be awesome. Not bad to look at though. Overall: No complaints here. When I upgrade, I will got for something a lot better. Maybe the Behringer BCF2000. Until then, KORG did an amazing job giving people who are just starting a chance to learn and save some money

"After one year, I still thing the value of it is rising" submitted March 22, 2010

Musical Background: Producer and Performer
Music Style: Hiphop,Electro,Jazz,Rock
Sound: Well it's a midi controller. With soft buttons and quite fader you only make any noise when trying to throw the faders as though it was a $1000 mixer. Feature: I use this with Reason, Logic and Traktor. With reason I have a template with a surface overide on the main mixer and my two most used other features. It works great for automation land simple sound adjustments when working on any part of the song Up until recently i would have been complaining about how i needed to switch between to diffrent user presets when using Logic rather than Reason. Well KORG Realised that there setup could be improved thus there is now downloadable control surface setup for both Logic and Garageband that includes mixer, eq, insrument and insert controls (with a type of "catch" takeover feature that makes it amazing) With traktor I have a simple set up with the chaining effects. It works perfectly with everything makeing a perfect effects controller Ease of Use: It takes a slight bit of learning if you don't have previous knowledge of midi otherwise its great. Quality: Mostly hard plastic and the faders wobble ever so slightly but for 60 bucks, your not going to finde much with better features and durability Value: For 60 bucks with this they could have easily charged 150 and I still would have bought it. Great value and lots of use Manufacturer Support: As of the update for Logic &/or garageband it seems they have is covered The Wow Factor: Some may be turned off because of the small size or plastic but its a huge bang for your buck. Its super responsive and even good at intriquet tweeking Overall: I've raved enough. If your looking for a cheap yet explosively usefull midi control surface just buy it. You will learn to love it

"Best midi controller for the price!" submitted December 18, 2009

Musical Background: DJ and Producer
Music Style: Dub techno, Deep house
Sound: This baby is midi, so 100 pecent pure sound. There is none! Feature: These knobs feel pretty good. Pads are nice. You have to be careful with some of the pads so they dont stick, but this thing is pretty strong for its size. Ease of Use: Very simple. Nothing too much, i could use every feature on this thing each time i play with it. Quality: Some of the parts like the faders are a little flimsy. It only costs $60 so you get much more than you pay for. Value: The best. I own a lot of dj and production gear, this probably ranks the top, next to my korg ms2000r analog synth. Manufacturer Support: Korg is very nice to their customers and they are a very good company, although word has it; they dont like Canadian's? The Wow Factor: It is really small, plastic and thin. Though it looks really good if you have it next to your mixer or in front of your laptop. If it were metal this thing would be gorgeous. Overall: For the price, nothing beats it. I will use this product as long as it works. If it ever stops working, i ill go and buy another one.

When you call, mention priority code 145Y-65B1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976