When you call, mention priority code 172L-1SL5

Rating and Reviews: Korg Krome-61 Keyboard

Play Korg's uber-realistic "German D Grand" piano and 600+ more stunning sounds -- then build 16-track sequences on the Krome workstation's wide 7" display.

"Great Keyboard " submitted December 11, 2012

By Mack B in Indianpolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Played classical piano for 6 years, then moved to self composition of other styles for the past 5 years
Music Style: classical, jazz, funk, pop.
Overall: For a while I've been wanting to add a synth action workstation to pair up with my sv-1. I considered the Kronos, but was held back due to the price. I tried a roland juno gi. While it had a great keybed and seemed to be built well, its functionality left me feeling I'd be done with it in a month. I promptly returned and decided to wait it out. The Krome was announced and I was pretty excited. We get the great piano and e-pianos from the Kronos mixed with the likes of an m50 with a better display. All this for a great price. While this certainly isn't a Kronos (still the edsx engine and not a sampler) it inspires me. When you tune into that perfect sound and hit the drum track or arp, you can really get caught in a great amount of creativity. This is exactly what I needed, and what the Juno couldn't quite deliver. With that said, there are some cons. The keybed is not as good as the gi or the kronos in my opinion, but still good enough to get feel and not feel like you're going to break it. I wish the synth sounds were a little bigger. They are good, but after hearing what the Kronos can do, I'll always be wanting that. The boot time is slow, so if you're a live performer keep this in mind. I understand this thing is just a computer anyway, so using it my apartment, this is not a con. Lack of extraneous outputs like xlr or additional inputs. Power button feels cheap Has an external power supply (may be a pro for some). No live set view (software update or upgrade Korg? I know this is possible). With that said, this purchase was well worth it. Highly recommended for someone needing a entry level to mid level workstation.
38 of 41 people (92.68%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"zzounds @ the korg krome 61 key" submitted October 21, 2014

By mike banks in tampa, FL
Musical Background: since 1983 keyboard, drum machine, drums , dj
Music Style: since 1983 i play rap hip hop ,electrofunk, R&b
Overall: I just love the new Korg Krome & the zZounds play as you pay plan beautiful sounds & a wonderful payment plan I wish I would of did this years ago but I kinda felt cheated lol but I know now so I'm finally on top of my game with the latest equipment from zZounds I highly recommend them to any musician or novice player I rate zZounds 1 out of 10 on a scale I give it a 20!

"Korg Krome" submitted July 20, 2014

By Charles Faison in Goldsboro, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I play keyboard, piano and organ. been playing for 14 years. I play for my church.
Music Style: Mostly gospel, but I also dibble in r&b and soul.
Overall: This is an amazing keyboard. The sounds are among the best I've heard. Great deal for a board with so many options to choose from.

"Krome vs. MOX8" submitted January 29, 2013

By Matt C in Peoria, IL
Musical Background: 25 years experience semi-pro
Music Style: all
Overall: A lot of interest out there on which one to buy. I'm forturnate now to have both. The 61 Krome and the 88 key MOX8. This is my opinion. Not really a fanboy of either Yahama nor Korg, and mainly a guitarist wanting to refresh his keyboarding and songwriting/recording skills. Haven't got into the deep aspects of each board, which both seem extensive. So going on sounds alone...the Yamaha wins easily. It has a lot more to offer (over 1000 vs. 640?, greater variety, and the combo modes are very inspiring and downright cool in some cases. The Korg combos seem like quick layering and are mainly piano and something else. While I was expecting to be blown away by the much touted Korg uncompressed unlooped piano, that was the biggest dissapointment of all. There's still something about it that sounds artificial even compared to the Yamaha. Ya maybe its a little robust due to those aspects, but the phony sounding attack gets me. Yamaha does it much better, just wish they offered more piano varieties like the Korg. Korg's touch screen is great compared to the yamaha, but there's also a minute boot up time vs the 10 secs or so for the Yahama. I think no one minds the boot up time if the sound delivers, but I was left underwhelmed going through the Korg the first time. I control the Korg via the MOXs 88 weighted keyboard, which is obviously better, as the Korg's 61 keyboard does feel cheap, but understandable I guess giving all the features offered. I read where yamaha wins vs the 88 version of the Krome, but I can't comment. The yamaha controls it well, with no noticable difference in sound between the Korgs keys, which sometimes happens. As a side note, its interesting to note to my ear the IKmedia Piano Ipad app has a great a piano that gives both Yamaha and Korg a run for the money in realism...and theres a free version. To rap up the Korg is a nice board, and for what I paid for the 61 version I'm content. But having purchased the MOX8 a week earlier, I am very glad I bought it and did so in the 88 key version. I still look forward to spending more time with the Krome and will keep it. It does have some great patches that yamaha doesn't. But if I had to have just one, it would definitely be the Yamaha. Hope that helps...
41 of 53 people (77.36%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Korg Khrome 61" submitted May 21, 2014

By Eric Medina in 3969 Bandini Ave, CA
Musical Background: 35 years of piano/keyboard playing
Music Style: Christian/Gospel Salsa R&B
Overall: Excellent keyboard. Very pleased with it.

When you call, mention priority code 172L-1SL5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976