When you call, mention priority code 158C-JYVH

Rating and Reviews: Korg Kaossilator Pro

Create your own musical chaos with this synth and sampler, complete with four loop recording banks and a line-in for external audio.

"Best buy after days of hands on comparing!" submitted July 2, 2011

Musical Background: Sound Engineer
Music Style: Everything
Sound: The Kaossilator Pro is one of the most versitile and expressive pieces of equipment that i own or have ever played with. You can play around with it in itself all day, or you can loop acapellas and samples through the line in. once youve done that you can then proceed on to screwing the line in still only using the kaossilator. It is a synth, beat machine, loop recorder, line in sound effect box, and so much more. Feature: One of the coolest things about the kaossilator was the U bank effects. to use these effects you have to loop something through the line in, from there you can make whatever is being loop through completely your own. you can drop pitch, distort the sound, phase it or even chop and screw it to make a bead out of the line in alone. The only thing that gets me is that you start with an 8 beat loop, but can only strtch it to a 16 beat loop. this for a long time felt like somewhat of a sacrifice untill i got over the face that it is a looping and beat making machine not an 8track recorder. :P Ease of Use: A 2 year old could play it. You can either lay a finger on the pad and let it work its own magic through a few premade loops, or you can start from scratch and mimic almost any sound out there or create all the music you hear in your head. Though very easy to use, more complex creations can take a little bit of practice to get it perfect. Quality: TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK!!! This thing is freakin amazingly made! I have dropped it from wait height a few times now when things were getting a little crazy, and not even a scratch or dent. I have had mine for about a year now and it looks pretty much exactly the same as when i took it out of the box. I think this is really saying something especially considering that I am a college student who is always on the move. Value: It is a Sampler, a midi, a synth, drum machine, loop machine, line in emulator and so much more and its almost HALF THE PRICE of any of those pieces of equipment are individually. AMAZING VALUE! Trust me, you can do it youself, go to any big music retailer and go to their synths room. I can almost guarantee that nothing will compare to capability factor and the price. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them, any question I had was explained very clearly in the owner manuel. Then again i would never expect anything less than awsome service from KORG. The Wow Factor: I can happily and easily say that i would get rid of any other machine that i have to the kaossilator. It is a very sleek and sexy machine that feels like a rave in your hands. I sat inside of a Sam Ash and a Guiar Center retailer for at least 10 hours easy and nothing came close to comparing. I am a college student so i dont have too much money to play around with to begin with. But after studying like all good college students should do, hah, and doing alot of hands on research, it was clear as day that the kaossolator had to be my next investment. I BOUGHT THIS THING BEFORE AN IPAD!! Overall: Endless possibilities. I have been playing with it for a year and still have no problem picking it up and creating amazing sounds and music that i have never made before. It can and will and has stood up to countless college parties which it has taken a fair beating from but still looks and performs just as good as day one! The price is simply amazing, and the the sound quality overall is beats worthy.

Korg Kaossilator Pro Customer Review submitted June 4, 2010

Music Style: Metal to Techno
Sound: It sounds great! Feature: It does it all, the mic line in is great you can run just about anything into it. Ease of Use: I had beats and loops going straight out of the box! Quality: This thing is made like a tank. Value: For everything this little box can do it's a great value Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them, so I don't know. The Wow Factor: Sleek, laid out perfect! Overall: I think I can use this in every application of music that I do.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"nice, for what it is" submitted February 2, 2012

By joel norris in kansas city, KS
Overall
Musical Background: casual musician, ukulele, bass,harmonica, keyboards,,trumpet
Music Style: Little bit of everything
Overall: The kaossilatior pro isn't really a synth, its a preset box. You have no ability to tweak the preset sounds. It's also difficult to play with any precision, and the ability to control the kaossilator pro with an external midi controller ie keyboard is glaringly absent. That being said it is still incredilbly fun to play with, but for composing etc a standard synth such as the korg r3 would be a much better choice. Not perfect, external midi,longer loops and preset tweakability should be high on korg's agenda for the next iteration. For live electronic/dance/dj performance....fantastic.

"Good Purchase, But Had To Send Back" submitted October 9, 2012

By Paul H in Portland, OR
Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar all my life. And have 2 digital keyboards, and a music synthesizer.
Music Style: I play all types. My main style is Ballad in any genre..
Sound: Great sounds. I've always been like a kid with cool sound effects. Very programmable. The bass and drum beats are good. Space sounds are average but pass. The vocoder is lacking. I would not say this has the best sound. But for any musical imagination this does pass. Feature: Did not have it long enough to truly put it to the test. But as I said the vocoder is lacking in all sense of possibility. Ease of Use: Did not use it long enough to tell. Quality: Seems very sturdy, and solid. Metal case. Did not have long enough to really tell. Value: A little pricey. Does need more sound effect features. But I truly wanted to keep this. Manufacturer Support: too short of ownership to say. The Wow Factor: If it were not for the motion sickness, i'd of put this to good use. Using the programmable bass, drum, and other sound effects in combination with my guitar, and Korg X50. For some really cool tracks. Overall: I just bought this but have to send it back. One of those "Who Knew" situations. After the first use I experienced motion sickness. Caused by the flashing lights on the Kaossilator. So I waited till the next day to try again. Thinking this will go away. It did not. The longer I used the Kaossilator, the longer the motion sickness stayed. So my advice is, if you have had sezures in the past as I have. Do not buy this product. Again, who knew!!!!

Korg Kaossilator Pro Customer Review submitted October 19, 2010

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist wannabe Active Musician
Music Style: Ambient Acid Jazz Techno
Sound: I bought the KOpro to accompany my spaced out, ambient, heavily delayed Native American Flute playing. I'm also using an Alesis Micron synth midied to a Roland PK-5 foot pedal, and a Roland D-2 beat box. The product info says that it can be synced with other equipment, but that turns out not to be true in all cases. I have to try to match the beats of the Roland D-2 manually, and it's hit and miss, the midi would not them together, and there are discussions by professionals about this problem on the internet. Another disappointment is that when I want to use a patch in such a way as to fade it in or out, I can only fade the whole machine. It would be nice to have some way to fade the presets individually. Basically, they just punch in and out once something is recorded on them, so I fade all 4 patches at once using a mixer, very inconvenient and restrictive artistically. Owning an original Kaossilator, and purchasing this one with the impression (from sales pitches) that it was like having 4 kaossilators turned out not to be totally true. The original Kaossilator has 50 more or less killer arpeggiator settings, but on the so-called Pro, only time and length can be controlled. I expected the larger pad to be more accurate for note making, but it is not easy for me to accurately hit the exact notes, sometimes positions on the pad for a particular note seem to just fade away. I record with the unit, but am afraid to use it live . . . bad notes are bad notes. Overall, I feel let down by the Kaossilator Pro, though it is just useful enough to hang on to now that I have it. But I would not purchase the KOpro again unless it were seriously expanded with a fader mechanism for each bank, arpeggiator patterns such as on the original Kossilator were added for each bank, and the touch pad was more precise. I was hoping that the KOpro would be all I needed to accompany myself since I need both hands for flute. I may try to midi it to my PK-5 at some point to get more versatility using my feet, but I am somewhat technically challenged with more complex midi implementation. If anyone has any specific ideas about how to effectively midi KOpro to PK-5, I'd love to know of them. Value: I'd spend more for something truly more professional, more versatile, and that addresses the issues in critique. Manufacturer Support: No. The Wow Factor: Nice Solid feel, lights on pad gets lots of "cool" comments.

When you call, mention priority code 158C-JYVH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976