When you call, mention priority code 157P-ZD42

Rating and Reviews: Korg D3200 Workstation

Includes 80 GB internal hard drive, CD-RW and USB 2.0 connectivity.

"Good For Home Studio and Live Recording" submitted August 7, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: 40 years, musician, guitarist, bassist, recording/sound reinforcement,
Music Style: Classic Rock/ All music Styles
Sound: At the price I got my Korg D3200 new, I have to give it a (9) for the reason that you can pay a lot more and get better. I have a Tascam, 2488 digital recorder, but found myself not having enough inputs for live band recordings. The Korg can connect 8 XLR phantom powered mikes, and 4 1/4'' jacks (line in or guitar or keys) and give you 12 tracks of live recording on the spot. If you use condencer mikes with a 20 to 20k frequency response, you will get very good results. You can use the 12 1/4'' jacks for all recording if you don't have XLR mikes and equipment. I bought this unit for it's compact size, transportability, and ability to record live gigs, getting the whole band on 12 tracks, then adding more tracks at the home studio to polish the recordings for Demo CD's. Feature: The learning curve on all digital recorders is steep, but I found myself tracking in about 15 min, and then just expolring and trying to add effects, and navigate by the screen.After seeing and finding the functions in the LCD screen and using it for about a week, I began to get very high recordings at 24bit/48khz, 12 live tracks, plus filling up the additional multitracked tracks. Ease of Use: After playing around and experimenting with the unit and learning where the controls are, it becomes very easy to record with. There is a lot of power in this little box. The manual is helpful an best used when you need a specific task, and then following the steps, one by one. The machine saves your mix or mixes so you can recall them, compare or remix, unlike an analog mixer, you'll never get the mix again after you zeroed out your analog mixer. This saves a lot of time time when your client wants a remix. Ease of use is a 7 because Digital Recorders have a lot of functions and it is a very technical piece of equipment. But once you learn how to use one digital recorder, all your learning applies to the other machines. Quality: The Korg D3200 is about 22'x 17" X 6" and is a metal box with wood trim ends it is a nice looking unit with solid feel, and input jacks are real XLR's and metal 1/4" inputs, not plastic. Buttons and controls feel quality.The LCD is kinda dull, and that is the only thing I wish was better, or in color. For the price I paid new in a box, (I cant say), I stole it. What a deal! Value: This unit replaced 2 Tascam DA 38's MDM's, two 8 channel compressors,four 8 channel snakes, a large, bulky 24 channel analog mixer, and a rack full of multi-effects and processors, cable speghetti, (about $8,000); a truck bed full of gear, in one compact box! And it has more tracks than my old rig, 32 vs 16, plus 8 virtual tracks per channel, and 'way better sound quality at 24 bit/48: much better quality, and a way better way to mix and save the recordings. a It burns CD's and can transfer your files by USB for computer back up. This is an incredible value and space saver as well. Wanna buy a truck bed full of older studio gear for more money? Your ability to play your instruments, input clean sound signals, and mix well, will produce excellent demos, or produce a good final CD product, no problem. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with Korg for repairs so I don't know. The Wow Factor: The metal box and solid feel make this unit rugged and less likely to break in an accident, and that appeals to me alot working around sometimes less than cautious musicians and band fans who trip over stuff to look at it. Everybody likes "LIVE RECORDING" and wants to get in on the act. Features and metal construction and price make it an "I want it" ...so I got it. Overall: I will use the Korg D3200 till some one makes a 48 XLR input, 48 x 100mm fader, unlimited multi track metal case unit for $ 1000.00. I am satisfied with it for field "live recording" of club bands needing only a 12 mikes, cables, and a few mike stands, and one AC power outlet to produce agood quality live recording.
175 of 176 people (99.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"decent unit for a decent price" submitted November 1, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: mostly hobbyist as dj and live sound. now tinkering with recording more
Music Style: i like all kinds of music,but mostly techno and metal
Sound: so far i like the sound of it.i have used all 12 inputs at one time with various devices and has worked great so far. i mostly use it for recording a band and the sound is fine for me.most of the things that i read which were complained about regarding sound such as noisey,clipping,not enough gain and poor tone i havn't experienced myself.i almost didn't buy it because of those different posts elsewhere. im glad i bought it though.im not saying someone didn't buy a defective product,but i think from what i read they may have not been experienced and didn't hook things up properly.i've connected dynamic and condensor mics of all kinds with no problems. i've connected laptop,cd players,cd recorders,mp3 players,guitars,basses,direct boxes,aux or effects sends from mixers,amplifiers and guitar rigs with no problems yet.i've never not had enough gain or an issue with clipping yet.i would say if someone has a clipping issue try an adjustable direct box whether active or passive.if you want to warm sound before hitting digital add a nice tube preamp. Feature: i like the facth that it has 12 imputs and independant phantom power for the 1st 8. i like the 26db pad. the fact that it has an 80gb hard drive and internal cd burner.aux sends are nice. too bad it doesn't have more or inserts for external effects. the internal effects are nice,but you run out too fast.the portability is nice.the guitar input and tuner is a nice as well.too bad it doesnt allow for external keypad,mouse and monitor. too bad you could't expand the effects with a card or firewire...usb even since it has a usb port.i really wish the usb port was more useful other than just transferring files.i wonder if that could be modified with firmware changes :) Ease of Use: i think it's fairly easy to use and learn the basics,but i have used other digital recorders in the past. if you're learning from scratch might take you a few extra minutes,but once you start using it will be a breeze.the user's manual is decent,however it might be better with some additions to make things a little more clear.quick guide in a dvd or cd format would probably be awesome for the items that are more detailed and complex. Quality: over all it seems to be a decent product. personally i don't like the way the controls feel. there is no consistancy from one control to another.some feel smooth and fluid where some others are loose feeling.there are a few that feel slightly rough while sliding as if there was a buildup of rust or dirt. that's not impressive. i was shocked.if your going to take it on road you BETTER have a nice case. the controls on the panel will definitely break off quickly.i think the thing would last a long time if cared for properly. i've had the disk busy and fat errors pop up quite a few times which really made me angry. the disk busy came up while i was recording and it stops when that happens. if you're not standing over it watching it then you'll never know which could waste a lot of time. you might think you're recording and you're not.the fat error came up while i was working with tracks and mastering. i havn't called korg yet about that yet so not sure if there is a simple fix.i cleaned several songs off and that seemed to help,but with the capability of this unit that shouldn't be happening especially with 80gb versus the 40gb they use to come with. Value: it's worth what you pay,but i wish it was closer to $1,000 lol. the tascam 2488mkII i bought new for $850.00 and was the closest thing to the d3200 in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: i can't rate this yet since i havn't had an opportunity to contact them about my issue.i'm hoping it's just a matter of adjusting something on the hard drive.i will be finding out soon though. The Wow Factor: i don't think it has a sex appeal other than it has 12 channels where most only go up to 6 or 8 inputs for the same price or higher.oh and the 80gb hd.i don't care for the wood myself. they coulda used what was wasted on wood for better quality controls or other features.it's not ugly though. Overall: i expect to be satisified for a long time as long as i don't have the disk errors popping up.i'll keep this one for a long time for sure.more channels and features for a low price would make me look for another product.i studied on the portable workstations for a while before i bought another one.there were some writes up read that were negative and made me look away from the d3200 regarding the need for preamps because the gain wasn't sensitive enough and sounds wasn't good. i originally bought a tascam 2488mkII over the d3200 mainly because of price. the 2488 is really a nice unit for the money over other products. i decided to try the d3200 because i was allowed to return it if i didnt like it or had problems. i was glad i tried it.it does almost everything i want.i really wish the d3200 was closer in price to the tascam.i don't have tons of money to blow like some so i have to pick and choose things within my price range.i decided to do without some other gear to pay the difference for the d3200. more external connectivity would be nice.i would definitely replace it with same product again if damaged or stolen unless a better product is out for near same price :) .the least thing i like about it is the point click control and the session drums. i think they really coulda done something better with those items and the lcd display.
34 of 35 people (97.14%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A winner!" submitted June 8, 2006

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: I'll record and mix it all.
Sound: Sounds fantastic, the effect are true winners. Korg really made it sound pro. I use it for mobile recordings and in the studio. You record what you hear (monitor), unlike some computer audio interfaces. Feature: Like I said, great effects, I could use a bit more DSP power dough but now I'm just wining. Ease of Use: Very intuitive, hardly needed the manual, learned to use it in 2 days but,... the screen is a real downer. I bought a magnifierglass with a clamp (see korg d3200 forum) It does the trick. Oh yeah a mousedriver or something so you could attach a mouse to the usb port would be great but the clickpoint also works for me. Quality: Heavy metal case with wooden sidepanels makes it look like a very expensive piece of gear. Value: 12 analog inputs simultaniously, unique for this price. Manufacturer Support: I have a good dealer, they will deal with that part if necessary. The Wow Factor: One sexy recorder. Overall: I'll continue to use it for a long time, the best mobile recorder I know,I can record a modest band in 1 take, people I record love that, every band that rehearsed their songs to snot want to record in one go and I still have enough mixing power when I'm back in the studio.
75 of 78 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Keith in WY @ Sewerpipe studios" submitted October 16, 2009

Music Style: country, classic rock, metal of the 80's
Sound: Sound quality extremely crisp. lets me know to PRACTICE my vocals.Very true sound. reacts precisely with changes in room shape, tunnels, pop filter,...etc. Compatible with all styles and outperforms all home recording boards I have heard. Plugging a guitar directly in is as no other quality I have heard before. I have only used mine to record myself and one other band at my home. The EQ allows for a 'picture of my sound'. Comparible to the features on a 120,000 dollar board I saw used to mix Collective Soul. Experament to find what is best where you are. I have had mine for almost one year. I will never use tape again, except for an old reel to reel because I like my old tape deck, but it is just running for fun. High quality mics compliment the abilities of this machine. Check it out if you can. All I need for home recording, mixing and burning is all in one unit. Oh yeah, and it plays cds. Well worth the price!! Feature: The feature I like most is the process which is in place to help me step by step to make the best possible recordings. Best I have done is with this machine. Ease of Use: Easy to use but some of the directions are somewhat vague. Quality: This is a lightweight unit which is about 22 inches wide. I have loved it since I got it. All this quality in a small package is great. Value: A1 value. Better than I expected. Manufacturer Support: I have never called for support but others have commented that tech support sucks. The Wow Factor: I have to leave the room now..... this machine certainly lets me know where my mistakes are as far as my playing. Overall: No problems yet. Just wish I was better performer. But hey, I can still record others with quality.

"Good unit, add a VGA/SVGA or some type of video interface and mouse interface." submitted August 27, 2009

By a customer from netscape.net
Musical Background: Musician/Singer/want-to-be Recording Engineer
Music Style: Gospel, R&B, Hip-Hop, Classic Rock
Sound: Since I'm new to home recording and the sound engineering thing, I was surprised at the good sound that I got out of this unit. I ran my guitar through a Digi-Tech GNX4, and added Bass compression to the Bass guitar, miced the Kick drum, and used a condinser overhead for the rest of the drums, and used a Triton in one of the TRS channels. Everything sounded great. Ran 4 Shure PG 58s through the XLRs and we had a great demo. I'm still playing with mastering and eq though. The sound is great. Feature: The effects are ok. I don't like the fact that you are limited to a certain amount of channels to use effects, of course you can remedy this by using external effects which gives you the freedom to use anything and any amount you choose. Ease of Use: The is ease of use; hummm!!!! THE SCREEN IS WAY TOO SMALL. A VGA interface for a monitor would be great, that little joystick thing needs to be optional with a mouse interface. I think the engineers at Korg should known better, but maybe they're saving it for the next version of this unit (to make it more pricey). The screen and joystick are real downers. I actually blow up the PDF manual on my computer to see what I'm supposed to see on the screen and then go from there. Quality: Quality is great. The unit looks and feels good. The buttons and sliders all located good and easy to use and understand. Value: I like the value, as I bought a used one. With what I know now, I'd buy a new one of the next generation if the screen and joystick issues are addressed. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it. The Wow Factor: I want the next generation of this unit if there will be one. Overall: Good unit overall. Does the job for my needs. I would recommend it for anyone just starting out in recording.

"Pro gear for an intermediate price" submitted March 28, 2007

Musical Background: sound designer
Music Style: various
Sound: Really a great clean sound found it very adaptive and usefull for various types of music Feature: I found the individual panning/eq knobs for each track especially useful, and the step by step effects layering for final master was really helpful offers really good mastering file compression only minor drawback was you are a bit limited on how man efffects you can use at once, but otherwise the monitor is very straight forward Ease of Use: the learning curve is very short, especially if you have used other pieces Quality: the machine itself is built ok the only drawback was the first two I had were defective Value: compared to other machines in its range it stacks up quite well, for that price your not going to find anything else with these features such as 32 tracks, point click capability and a individual phantom power for each xlr Manufacturer Support: no repairs yet The Wow Factor: the feel is pretty good maybe not as flashy as some others but has a competent look Overall: I replaced my Yamaha 1600 with this peice I would definetly replace it of it was stolen
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GREAT RECORDING WORK STATION" submitted July 12, 2007

By a customer from shaw.ca
Musical Background: 40 years playing 25 years recording
Music Style: Rock, R & B, blues, Pop
Sound: The overall sound quality is very good. The gain can be a bit touchy, causing some distrotion, but use and proficiency development will eliminate this. Feature: The effect racks are good and easily editable. The Session drums can be a pain (only if you're expecting them to be your primary percussion source). It would have been nice to have a faster, easier way to sync external drum processors to the D3200 without having to go into the Session Drums. Like everyone else, a larger screen would have been nice. Ease of Use: I was up and running in no time, most likely due to my past experience with Korg recording units. Quality: She's a beautiful looking unit. Very professional, not too cluttered. The availability of a fitted road case would have been a plus. Value: Worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: I received very beneficial help from Steve Knowles of Korg Canada. The Wow Factor: Like I said above...this is a beautiful unit. Overall: I purchased a Yamaha AW4416, had it for 36 hours...couldn't get a sound out of it. I was up and recording with the D3200 in minutes.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A real sophisticated piece of 2005 equipment" submitted March 27, 2013

By Richard C in Ashland, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 50 years. I have played in bands since age 15 and have worked with more than 20 groups.
Music Style: Rock, R&B, Country, Rockabilly, Blues, Progressive, Pop
Overall: I bought this after owning a Yamaha AW4416 for 8 years. This Korg had been available for several years and I had seen them advertised. I was doing fine with the Yamaha and was not in the market when the D3200 was first issued.I decided in 2009 that I would get one. I did not realize that this unit was to be discontinued soon. I got it on sale and was happy to have a new workstation with many functions that the AW4416 was missing. In 2010 and 2011, I recorded over 100 songs on the D3200 and got comfortable using it. I have recorded many song demos at home in 2012 and 2013 and have not had any problems with the Korg. I did get a monitor interface added to the Korg. The little LED screen on the face of the Korg was so small it was difficult to work with. I now have a 15" monitor hooked up to it and everything is nice.One thing I wish this unit had was the ability to monitor wave signals and edit while viewing wave signals from other tracks.I completed an 18 song CD in summer of 2012. The editing, effects and mixing operation for the Korg is great. For under $1,000 bucks, I have a unit that should last me for another 8 or 9 years.I could spend more and get PC based software to replace my outdated Korg, but I am not sure my final product would sound any better.

"Great for the super-active hobbyist with diverse needs." submitted April 30, 2006

By a customer from monkeystack.com
Music Style: Grassrock (bluegrass with drums), Jam Band
Sound: Sounds great. No loss of quality from the inputs. Needless to say, decent equipment is required (mics, etc...). But to my ears it sounds great. Some of the guitar modeling is funky and the drums aren't all that realistic. But again, use an amp or get a drummer and it will sound great. Feature: Useful - you can do almost anything you can do with a computer and mixer, but its mobile. A little clunkier to do detailed work (fades, track splits, track movement, etc...) but considering the small interface and mobility, its a fair tradeoff. Ease of Use: Using the manual as a reference I was able to whip out songs almost immediately. Some of the more intricate features are a little more difficult to grasp. But in general, the manual makes it simple to figure out and once you've done a task, its easy to remember and do again later. Quality: Everything seems to be working great. Knobs, inputs, casing, etc feel sturdy and the unit responds to user actions well. The screen has a couple weird streaks in it that come and go.... Value: Such a better value than any other system or setup I researched. Top quality sound, extensive tracking, great input capabilities, and mobility not offered anywhere else. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: Most of its buttons buttons do what they look like they should, so I like that. My girlfriend thinks it is 'pretty'. So if you're into the "she thinks my tractor's sexy" thing, then this is definitely for you. Overall: If somebody starts paying me a decent wage to make music, I'd upgrade to a non-mobile system. But for where I am now its perfect. I do solo recordings where I play all the instruments or have friends play. I also play with a number of bands and we can use it to get high quality 'work tapes' during rehearsal as well.

"Great unit for composer and perfomer of small and mediumgigs evenfor concerts in halls" submitted January 11, 2012

By a customer from szm.sk
Musical Background: Plaing guitar morethan 40 years. Composer, singer
Music Style: country and rock
Sound: If you have good onstruments it gives a great output Feature: Fine. I would appreciate a larger screen Ease of Use: I wish a better guide with more practical examples Quality: I use 2 years. No technical problems up to now Value: It could be about 20% cheapper Manufacturer Support: No need up to now. I hope no will be needed in a future. The production stopped I am affraid of a lack of spare parts in a future if something occures.. The Wow Factor: I canīt imagine my musical activity without it or a better new model Overall: If stollen I would buy the same or a simillar. I want to use something like this till I die.

"Newby records his band live and produces 3 cds, first time!" submitted December 26, 2006

By a customer from midcoast.com.au
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist (for many years!)
Music Style: Blues/rock
Sound: Read the quick start, recorded 3 X 1hour sets of of my band performing in a club. Great results first time. Effects are good and mixing was a steep learning curve but the machine is very functional. Feature: The screen is very small for editing, but reading glasses and the right lighting and it's OK. Ease of Use: There were a few difficult moments, so much to learn, ie how to cut up an hours performance into separate songs that could be mixed independently. The manual had all the info, but a few more "walk through" explanations of common scenarios in the manual would have been useful. Walked up to the band at the club with this under my arm, plugged in mics and leads, quick check of levels at soundcheck. Took heaps of flack, ie don't you concentrate on that thing and stuff up your parts! Activated channels, pressed record, stop and new song 3 times and had 3 one hour sets to take home and produce into CDs for a Christmas present to the band. It was almost that easy. Superb results first time. Quality: It's retro/pro look is just so cool. A beer proof cover for live recording scenarios would seem an essential accessory. Value: I think this was the last one left in Australia. The shipment was snapped up very fast. Expensive but quality results for live multitrack recording made so easy. Manufacturer Support: They only have email support in Australia. No reponse to my email after 6 days but it is the holiday season and with re reading the manual several times I worked it out myself. The Wow Factor: The best in it's class and price range. Quality multitrack "at once" recording. Overall: I can't imagine myself outgrowing this recorder. I have not had it for long, but feel unless it proves unreliable in the longer term I'd definitely get another if it was stolen. It had the best features for live band recording where multiple inputs required. The other positive reviews I had read were the basis of my choice and I felt they have mostly been justified. I was planning to transfer files to my PC for easier editing with a software multitrack but this unit proved easier to get good results in the end.
11 of 14 people (78.57%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Biggest Bang for not much money!" submitted August 12, 2009

Musical Background: 30 years onstage, Guitarist/Singer/Entertainer
Music Style: Classic Rock/ Country/ Blues
Sound: No problem getting good sound as long as you have good sound going in. Have used this with a snake to record 12 channels live and results were good. You can go back and overdub additional tracks on the rest of the tracks. Feature: Very good easy to use unit, but as averyone complains, the view screen is small and black and white, other than that, this units sets up easily and you can record quickly without dealing with a bunch of windows. Ease of Use: Easy to use, easier that Tascam 2488 or Roland Vs2480's, very portable with 12 inputs. Can record most bands with 12 tracks live, then use the rest for additional tracks. Quality: Pretty good quality except for LCD screen, Value: Best bang for your buck and easier to use, very portable. Get the Korg. 32 tracks, not costing that much more than the 8 and 16 track lesser units on the market. Manufacturer Support: Never had to call Korg for support. The Wow Factor: Wish I had this 30 years ago! Overall: I've had it a year and a half and it's still easier and quicker than my VS2480, and Tascam 2488.

Korg D3200 Workstation Customer Review submitted April 24, 2006

Music Style: Indie, Rock
Sound: The D3200 has a great sound. Guitars, bass and drums are all punchy. Feature: Tons of great features. Good reverb, compressors, delays, etc... Ease of Use: It has a little bit of a learning curve, but once you start playing with it, it is very intuitive and easy to use. And extremely powerful... Quality: It is very solid. And it looks nice too. Value: It is worth the money. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any problems with it so I haven't had to use support. The Wow Factor: Looks great. Overall: I will not be replacing this thing anytime soon. It sounds amazing and has great features. I've tried a couple other recording solutions and this one is by far the best.

"Stay away buy another digital multi-track!" submitted February 25, 2010

By a customer from sc.rr.com
Overall
Sound: In the 9 months the unit was working the sound was very good. Very transparent and a low noise floor. The effects are good. Feature: Has plenty of bells and whistles. Ease of Use: The unit has a bit of a learning curve. Although it was fairly easy to get started, it is fairly complicated and some of the menu's are archaic. You really have to go through the manual to get up and running with it. Quality: This was the worse product I've ever bought as far as being well bit. My unit only lasted 9 months and then it stopped working. I checked on-line and found out that the problem I had was fairly common with these units. What happens is for some reason the power board, ie computer board goes bad and needs replacing. All the tracks light up like they are all armed but the unit will not record. The only solution is to send to Warranty Service to have the board replaced. I did, however the service center said they couldn't get the part from Korg and it's now over 6 months since I sent it in. Korg is doing nothing and the last thing the service center said was I could either pick up the unit and send it elsewhere or they would send it to a regional repair center for me! Needless to say this was a waste of $1299! I will not buy this product again. Value: Terrible value for what you pay. For me a complete waste of nearly $1300! Manufacturer Support: See above, the worse warranty experience I have ever had. Korg service has had my unit for more than 6 Months and it's still not fixed. They should either give me a new unit or give me a refund or at least partial refund so I can buy something more reliable. The Wow Factor: It was a pretty good product when it worked but I'd look for something else. Overall: I was satisfied for about 9 months, but I would never buy another unit like this or any other Korg product.

"Unfortunate Disappointment." submitted April 9, 2006

Music Style: Punk/Metal
Sound: I burned one song with it; I really didn't do any overall mastering, song sounded good, but volume was low. Feature: 32 tracks, 24bit recording, need I say more. Ease of Use: The effects were a bit hard to access, I could only get them to work on the first track. The manual was a difficult read, but other than that the actual unit was pretty intuitive. I was recording on this thing within an hour of use. I burned my first song the next day. Quality: Faders and knobs are sort of cheep light weight plastic, if you own one baby it. I like the mouse like toggle knob, that's a solid feature. Overall: I bought this studio a week ago. I read all the reveiws and did all the research and came to the conclusion that this is the best studio on the market. When I got my D3200 home and plugged it in the first thing I noticed was the level of clipping. I would lightly strum my guitar and the peek light would turn on and I could hear a static like noise. I got over this for a while by reducing the sound with the 26Db button provided for each channel. You're suppose to use that button only for external devises like keyboards, not for guitars. Anyway, even after doing that I would still get a fair amount of clip. After a couple of days of use I plugged in my guitar and found that ch1 and ch2 no longer worked; I could get a little static out of them when I played through my amp, but that was it. Today I took the thing back to the store and got my money back. What a disappointment. I'll probably try buying another one. I must of just had the misfortune of getting a defective unit, do they all have clipping problems, or what? It sure looks like a nice unit, I think mine was just messed up.

"Excellent sound, flexible and a truly well thought out machine." submitted May 3, 2009

Music Style: Classics
Sound: sound is clean and awesome. Feature: Wish it had pitch correction. Ease of Use: Very easy compared to other units I've used. Quality: Sliders and knobs appear to be a little light weight Manufacturer Support: I don't know

"DEGRADING LINE OF KORG MULTITRACKERS." submitted December 23, 2007

By a customer from netscape.net
Overall
Musical Background: pro piano/keyboardist and home studio owner.
Music Style: Instrumental space/ambient - progrock - fusion
Feature: Scaled down Korg D32XD 12 line inputs comparing with 16 (with AIB8 board)on D32XD Non-motorized faders comparing with motorized on D32XD "Session drums"... Who will use them??? There are PLENTY of various drums on keyboards and production stations/sequencers USB 2.0 output (that's a + ) comparing with USB 1.0 on D32XD Ease of Use: Comparable with D32XD Value: Scaled down D32XD and so is the price. Overall: My suggestion to Korg company: Don't kill the great idea! Resume the manufacturing of Korg D32XD instead of this one! Just add USB 2.0 and VGA outputs, computer keyboard/mouse inputs and make AIB8 and TPB2 not optional, but standard. I will be one of the first to buy it than!

"This product is easy to use for first a timer but i think the price is to high" submitted October 1, 2006

Overall
Sound: i have used the product i don!t think it is all that but the sound is pretty good Feature: the features are great Ease of Use: it is very easy to use for a first timer Quality: the ouality is great Value: the price is not good Manufacturer Support: support is poor The Wow Factor: the appeal is ok Overall: i am not satisfied with this product i will replace it

When you call, mention priority code 157P-ZD42. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976