When you call, mention priority code 12BW-LPNX

Rating and Reviews: Korg AX1500G Effects

48 preset programs. 48 user programs. 8 effects at once.

Overall

"Best Multi-effects unit at this price I have ever seen." submitted September 14, 2006

Musical Background: Hobbyist. Some what active Musician
Music Style: Rock some Jazz
Sound: I never liked multi-effect systems, and went with single units in series. But tried this system a freind had and just had to get one for myself Feature: This unit does everything I require and more and it sounds great. Ease of Use: the basic features are very simple. And it even makes my limited abilities sound good Quality: rugged all steel construction. Very smooth controls. Value: outstanding value Manufacturer Support: Dont know have'nt needed it. The Wow Factor: I think anyone considering a multi-effects unit, should look closely at this one. It's a excelent unit and at a great price Overall: As it stands now, I feel this will be the only multi-effects unit I will ever own. It does everything I need and more.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"KORG = great sound" submitted May 13, 2007

Musical Background: 20 years; Studios musician
Music Style: Hard Core-Funky, Rock, Blues and Jazz
Sound: Hello guys I have this Korg processor about 3 years and i can just recomended, because of very good quality of sound and very good price. If you looking for profesional sound it is batter to use analog pedals but for exercise and live gigs in bars and coffe shops this device is a great. For home is a perfect. Sound is very naural and is almost not possible to recognize that this is digital device. specialy on clean mode. Feature: Features are also good i recomend this korg stuff Ease of Use: It is very is for manipulating and you will not spend to much time to get great sound Very simple Quality: Very good quality Value: This price is very good an i belive you will be happy if get one Manufacturer Support: I heared from people that boss 5 is better processor but this one is also very good. This processor is very simple and that is a maybe reason for this Overall: I have this product 3 years and i am still very satisfated. I play rock, blues and jazz I play guitar 20 years and i know this sound is a very good and i you will be happy if you get this one.
28 of 31 people (90.32%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very nice, affordable, fun" submitted April 13, 2005

Musical Background: Hobbyist but looking for somebody to jam with
Music Style: Slayer, Hatebreed, Punk.
Sound: Very good sound and very easy to use. It is durable and pretty tough. The knobs come off pretty easy and the pedal screws are not the greatist. but all in all a great buy Feature: I liked the features on this could have a little more but it is still a great pedal. I love the headphone jack on the back so I can jam at 3am when the wife and kids are sleeping. No need for Studio head phones or an amp for that matter. It does not loose its quality in the phones either. Quality: Very tough. Mine has been through some tuff situations and made it out good. I love the Lights on it. Once again no need for lights when jamming at 3am. Very easy to see what program you are on while standing up playing in light or dark. Value: It was a great buy for me, My wife got it for me for a Birthday.( she was tired of hearing me complain about my Lack of equiptment) Manufacturer Support: I would give it a 10 because I have never needed support The Wow Factor: Like I have said it is very nice. Lots of sounds and effects If I had to start all over again would I buy it right now.....Probably. With some of the new pedals out this one seems a bit Amature but it is still a great buy. Overall: This bad boy has kept me busy for many, many hours. I am in the process of getting a new one that I Have found to be better. but this sucker still kicks (Donkey)

"toneworks" submitted February 6, 2005

Music Style: alternative rock , blues , hard rock
Sound: you can easily create the sound you want.FX variety is enough but there could be more combinations...and it doesnt make noise unless you want:) i play every kind of music(almost)and it helps me a lot.i use it at home , in studio , on stage , for home recording etc. and i havent had so many problems so far... Quality: it is made of metal but the expression pedal's screws arent good enough...and the knobs can be easily pulled off.i have already lost one of them... The Wow Factor: not too big , not too small... it looks sexy with the red lights on it (when the lights off) Overall: it satisfies me :) but i wish it had a midi output for home recording

"Just what i NEEDED!" submitted April 19, 2005

By a customer from ddbmakati.com
Overall
Musical Background: I'm it!
Music Style: Progressive rock/mrtal
Sound: For starters, it sounds better that i expected for this pedal cleans up your solos. I has some kind of effect that disguises some of your noise, scratches and stuff. I always tried to work on my playing, cleaning my stuff were really a headache. I had a Zoom 4040 and i was always comparing it with the amp's distortion which were always cleaner (meaning there were scratches and stuff thats really irritating). This one really is for me, i like it! Feature: I never really rely on effects and stuff, i just wanted a good tone. This one really has it. Cool thing thou, it's the metronome and the phrase trainer. Quality: The quality is excellent. I accidentaly dropped the unit and it was still operational. Even the size of the pedal is perfect, you can buy laptop bags and they perfectly fit. I don't know how much laptop bags cost in other countries but here they are cheap! Value: Worth every cent! Manufacturer Support: Over the internet, they kinda lack that special info. The patches! If they could only update users on new patches, then this would be the best deal ever. Imaging if you could sound like the pros with just a multi pedal. We need support. The Wow Factor: Looks could kill! Overall: Honestly. For a long time

"Best value for money for a professional/stand alone piece of equipmant." submitted August 8, 2005

Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: Should improve upon Noise Reduction A scale of 1-10 is not enough. Panner(AX-300G) is absent, though stereo delay works quite well. Feature: Amp Simulation is really good along with a bunch of other Modulation/Ambience effects. Quality: Nice finish, great body ;-), well built. Value: Great value for money....no other processor in its class is so affordable. Manufacturer Support: No Context Overall: Liked most: The name....KORG, and ofcourse the amazing sound. Liked Least: Doesn't have a Panner.

"After a guitar and amp this is the most important piece of equipment you can own!" submitted December 21, 2004

Music Style: pop punk
Sound: Has a sound to fit ANY musical style. Feature: I don't see myself exhausting the endless possibilities the AX1500 provides. Quality: I have broken a few pedals in my day - this one is pretty tough. I don't treat it like it's made out of glass but I try to go easy on it just in case. Value: The clerk at Guitar Center made a mistake in my favor and I got my pedal for $112 so I'm not complaining! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any support yet so I have to say 10 on this point. The Wow Factor: It's a pedal - just a pedal people! Overall: I think I have covered my need for pedals with the AX1500. I am actually selling some of my old ones since I won't be using them anymore.

"A mouthful for beginners like me...." submitted October 17, 2005

Music Style: Alternative, Metal, Industrial Metal
Sound: Great tone... I can't play my guitar without running it through this. Feature: Really tough build... I like how they have knobs instead of buttons, gives you that single stompbox feel. A couple of the plastic parts fell off after 3 years of beating up, it still works like brand new. Quality: It went through hell and back with me, yet, it is still standing strong. Value: it was a lot more expensive back then... but its worth it. Manufacturer Support: never even thought about it... The Wow Factor: Its metal, baby... Overall: I am still learning a lot about it....

"My review about ax1500g" submitted June 8, 2003

Music Style: Rock, Metal Instrumental
Sound: It does somehow capture the sound it's modelling for. However, they should have named it after what it's modelling for. Feature: The feature of this product is top selling, it has separate channel switching so even if you change banks channel switching is accessable. Quality: Made of thick metal body and hard plastic footswitches to comply with the chrome metal body. Value: This thing is affordable. Manufacturer Support: Havent dealt with them The Wow Factor: Very good looking, not to over modeled like digitechs Overall: Very good multi-effect processor.

"All I'll ever need in a pedal!" submitted May 26, 2007

By a customer from wave.co.nz
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician 45 years.
Music Style: Light Rock, Blues, Country, Covers.
Sound: All the sounds I use especially the digital delay are EXCELLENT with one exception - the distortion had no guts. When set up at home or doing recording, it is fine, but when playing at a gig the sound "cancels out" and becomes almost inaudible - wierd. A total lack of boost. I have solved the problem by footswitching to the distort channel on my amp when I need this effect e.g a lead break. Feature: All the features I need. Ease of Use: Takes a little while to master but it's actually all very logical when you think about it. I'm yet to master how to adjust the volumes of each bank individually. Despite each bank being set to a particular volume, they seem to default to the same value. A few words of advice! After setting each bank to your sound requirements, WRITE THEM DOWN and file them away with the manual for safekeeping. The unthinkable COULD happen where all your precious settings are deleted because of a power spike or theft. Do it now! Quality: Excellent quality. Value: Excellent value! Manufacturer Support: Never required sevice. The Wow Factor: All I've need in an effects unit. I use a multitude of settings at a gig, so there's no way I'd go back to crouching on the stage to continulally treakt single pedals!

"Perfect for starters" submitted September 4, 2005

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Alternative, Progressive
Sound: On the upside, this multi effect is just perfect when it comes to its modulations, cabinets, pedal effects, and ambience. I especially love the Delay, Flanger, and Phaser. Use the Delay and Flanger, you get the liquid feel. Use the Delay with the Phaser, You get the fluid feel, just like Einziger's riff in "Nowhere Fast". All the other effects in the Modulation, Ambience, and Pedal effect blocks also sound great. However, In the Drive effect block, things begin to go down. The distortions available are too scratchy. It is hard to get the drive you want from it. Because of it I just use the Drive effect block as compression for the distortions I use before it. Feature: It offers the most common Modulations like choruses, phasers, delay, auto wah, tremolo, flanger, and the like. Also, the ambience (or the reverb) gives us distinct sounds of a room, a hall, or even a stadium. Each of these effects are also easily adjusted to our preferences. 8 Effects max at a time is pretty boring, though. (I don't even know how to get to 8. My maximum is 5) Quality: The thing I like about it is that is is encased in metal. It protects the insides well unlike Zoom. I've never had a loose jack problem with this multi-effect. Also, I've had mine for almost a year, and my friend had hers for over 2 years now. We both haven't had problems yet. Value: It is a cheap multi-effects unit in its class. It is a very good buy. Manufacturer Support: I have'nt dealt with Korg yet. The Wow Factor: I always wanted an ax1500g. However, I use it after a Boss DS-1 or A Digitech hothead, a Digitech Grunge, and an acoustic simulator. This way, my problems with the scratchy distortions the ax1500g are easily solved. Overall: The ultimate multi-effects unit for starters. I believe that it is a must-have, though you might want to invest in good distortion units later on for use before the ax1500g.

"stay away from this thing!" submitted June 13, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: life-long hobbist (20+ yrs.)
Music Style: yes
Sound: sounds like it fell out of 1984. Very computer-like sounds, very unnatural. No sound I would actually use. Unit best for screwing around-poorly. Feature: some of the effects had no decernable difference eg: talk and traveller, whatever they are, sound the same. no compression?!? Supposedly has a tuner; could not figure out how to use. A manual would have helped. Ease of Use: so terribly confusing to use. nothing makes sense. it keeps going into the banks. If you touch anyknob don't ever expect to get back to where you started. I't might have helped if my unit shipped with a manual. Quality: seems well built except the level knob is acting up right out of the box. I like the chicken head knobs but there is not enough of a detent between selections. one has to hunt to feel it change positions Value: I am returning this after less than an hour of use. Stay away from this thing!!! I was lured by the excellent price. Manufacturer Support: not used...yet The Wow Factor: the metal chassis is nice. that is the only complement I have.

"a can..." submitted October 28, 2006

By a customer from cg.yu
Overall
Musical Background: active musician,playing in a band
Sound: the good thing about this processor is that it has plenty of options,the bad thing is-most of them sound bad.When I bought it I thought it was geat,but when I tried a real distortion pedal I realized dhe differene.This FX proc. is lifeless,the overall tone is a disaster for solos.Maby it`s not bad for strumming but when it comes to sweet solos you just can`t squeeze it out. It screams on highs, booms on lows,i couldn`t find the`warm tube-like sound`. The acoustic sim has an incredible amount of hiss and noise or I just got mine broken. Feature: lots of them. but most sound crappy and some are completely useless,like the wah (sounds terrible)or the ringmod.I liked only few distortions and some cab. simulations. the delay-reverb wasn`t so bad. but the rest sounds cheep and computer-like. Ease of Use: I know this processor inside out. I can tell it`s easy to get all the sounds you don`t want.It`s easy to use it home but try to hit BANK DOWN (it takes 2 buttons at the same time) when you are on the stage playing... Quality: Well` it is made of metall but inside it`s a tetris:)It let me down in the worst possible moment.Here`s the story:some of the knobs could touch the casing and during a live play(which was very loud),they started turning themselves because of the vibrations :) UNBELIEVEABLE!!! The `user-friendly editting` took care of the rest... In the middle of my solo the lavel jumped from 6 to 10 and the bass from 4 to 8... Do I have to say more?I guess they make it out of umbrellas or something:) Value: A good thing if you`re an absolute beginner. Now I`m sorry i ever bought it,i could get some great pedals for the same monay. The Wow Factor: never again Overall: never go for the ``all in one pedals`` especially not for the cheap ones.It`s much better to buy a real pedal and be really happy with it.

When you call, mention priority code 12BW-LPNX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976