When you call, mention priority code 20X-6268

Rating and Reviews: KAT kt3 E-Drum Set

Get that familiar acoustic drum feel without all the noise with the KAT KT3 electronic kit. Its snare, tom, and cymbal pads respond dynamically to each hit.

"KAT KT3 Drum Kit … Fantastic Kit for All Levels ..." submitted May 3, 2014

By Steffan Piper in Indio, CA
Musical Background: Lifetime Player
Music Style: Baroque Classical / Rock / Punk
Overall: Some people love to say that a drum machine doesn't have a soul. Please insert that Batman slapping Robin meme right now. Most musicians of any stripe know better. It takes a person with a soul to operate it with any real skill and enjoyment. Sometimes the uninitiated look upon electronic drum kits with the same level of disdain. Whatever feeling you may have had in the past regarding electronic kits, I would say you can now shelve those thoughts permanently. Delivery: I live in California and the kit was shipped from New Jersey. I believe I had ordered it on a Sunday night and it had arrived by Friday morning via Fedex truck. I was surprised at at the size of the box and it took about thirty minutes to unpack and organize before setting up. The amount of trash it generated was obscene, but honestly unavoidable as each piece had to be individually wrapped up. Dealing with breakage wouldn't have been fun. Set Up: It took about an hour and a half to completely set up the kit and I have no previous experience setting any type of drum kit up at all. But on a good note, the instructions were rather simple, well-written and I accomplished the task rather quickly. I purchased the kit for my 7 year old son, so I had to build it with his smaller posture in mind and tried to set it up so everything would be well placed. The Quality: The quality is actually quite impressive. The joints are a hard plastic with metal screws and different places are reinforced with thick rubber. The frame itself is all metal. This is by no means a chincy or cheap set up in terms of manufacturing. The pads, cymbals and computer module are all sturdy and well designed. Having scoped out several sets at different music stores like Sam Ash and the Guitar Center, everything else does look really cheap by comparison, regardless of price point. This really is a sharp looking and impressive set. Playability: This electronic drum kit really does sound like a real drum kit and has the best sampled sound of any of the kits I looked at / played on. If you strike the metal clamp portion of the under side of the pad, which can also be done with a side strike of your stick, it sounds like you're hitting the outer casing of the drum. There are so many fine details in the equipment that it's almost unreal. For example: Sound variance of how hard you hit the cymbal versus a tap. It's very touch sensitive. The cymbals preform like real metal, or as close as one might perceive with the human ear. The ring is lasting. I usually only to have to consider stuff like this when buying guitar strings, but brass is a whole other animal. Rim shots sound like rim shots and Head shots sound like Head shots. Accompanying musical presets / songs are actually something you can play along with, and they cover a variety of different styles. Built-in Metronome, Tempo control, Kit sounds, fill out the electronic aspect nicely and leaves nothing wanting. To Consider: 1. Yes, some of the pre-wired cables could be a few inches longer so you can adjust the cymbal placement as some folks like the Ride all the way to the right. But the module has a readout with shows which drum pad is being struck which actually helps a lot with practicing timing and setting up. 2. The enclosed drumsticks are very, very basic and must be immediately replaced. 3. The Kit DOES NOT come with a Kick Pedal in the USA. I don't really understand that, other than KAT must think that Americans can afford the added $45 / $75 for the kick pedal, but don't want to risk a return outside of the US due to its absence. I purchased the box set which includes Kick Pedal / Throne / Headphones instead, offered by KAT by just over Seventy-Five bucks. A good buy for sure and compatible with the KAT KT3 set, despite it not saying so. Happy playing. Highly recommended. *****
28 of 29 people (96.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"KAT Percussion KT3" submitted January 2, 2015

By Al Hackley in Vestal, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Drums....have been in two local bands and Music Major in High school
Music Style: Hard rock, arena Rock, Metal, Country, Contemporary
Overall: This drum kit is AWESOME to say the least. I have been drumming for close to 20 years and have always used Acoustic, namely Ludwig, but as I am 41yo, I found that electric drums are better for me. This set sounds good and has great head response.....the custom kit feature is my favorite....I have 8 drum sets I made with the push of a few buttons.

"Awesome experience" submitted January 11, 2015

By Gordon L in Willsboro, NY
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock and country
Overall: This set exceeded my expectations and the fast process of my order made this a great experience. This is the way shopping should be. Look forward to expanding my collection.

"KAT k13 Electronoc Drum Set" submitted February 23, 2015

By jarrold markos in san antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Ive played driums for over 5o years both in bands and at home-----
Music Style: started a rock drummer and have expanded to all backgrounds including Gospel and country
Overall: I purchased this kit as a practice alternative. I am extremely pleased with my selection. Sound is nice and playing surface is tolerable. Although I don't haul this kit around ,it seems quite durable... The E functions are easy and fun. Record and playback or play along with presets ....Great for practice or small functions where acoustic is not possible,,,,,,

"Absolutely cannot be beat at this price." submitted March 7, 2015

By Daniel H in Cheyenne, WY
Musical Background: Many years
Music Style: Mostly rock
Overall: Overall: All the features and qualities of a kit costing twice as much. You may not know the name but don't forget it: KAT percussion has hit a home run with the kt3. Features: High hat with foot control, two crashes, ride, snare, four toms, bass pad, and module: all on a classy frame. Most heads are dual zone. Sensitivity and accuracy are spot on and the feel is realistic. The stock module sounds are usable for practice or live but will use different samples for recording. Quality: For this price, you simply cannot buy a better electric drum kit. Everything looks and feels deluxe. Heads rebound very much like an acoustic kit and are very quiet for indoor use. The white looks terrific. Manufacturer Support: N/A Sound: Taken on the merits of the stock module, I give it a 3 1/2 or 4. The sounds are usable for practice or live but if the goal is to record I would use different samples. However, from a controller perspective, the wonderfully responsive dual-zone heads and cymbals make this a great choice for a low-cost studio rig. 4 1/2. Ease of Use: Setup was a breeze. It is not particularly portable nor small (takes up about the same space as a full-size acoustic kit). However, using the module is very straightforward; my 8 year old stepson figured it out with no assistance. Value: The best value out there. The Wow Factor: I'm proud to have this kit in my home studio. It does everything I want it to do and provides me with the ability to record realistic drum sounds without disturbing my wife and kids in the next room. With a good sample engine (like Superior Drummer) I imagine this kit will be your new best friend in the studio.

"Below Expectations" submitted July 9, 2014

By A J Lusk in Palm Beach Shores, FL
Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Blues
Overall: I recently bought the Kat 3 Pro electronic drum set. I only paid $800 for it so I thought I got a good deal but having the set a week now it leaves a lot to be desired. I like the rack and the way it looks, the three boom cymbals, the two floor toms, the bigger trigger pads for the snare and floor toms but the sound quality of the module isn't there, there is not one dry drum sound in the module and anyone that has mixed a live band knows where that's going all the sounds are these ringy long sustainable sounds that you can not adjust, it seems to be geared more for hip hop and rap drummers than pop or rock. I have a Yahama Dxpress set from the 90's so I am using that brain, the sounds are of much better quality. Two of the the 8in" drum pads are all ready not working properly the are intermittent. I sent in the warranty. I have sent them emails to there "costumer service" about replacing the pads but have received no reply. If this is their Pro Set I shutter to think about the cheaper ones. In short unless you can buy this set very cheaply and are prepared to start buying pads for it then stay away from it, save up your money and buy a Yahama DTX 562 or better and add some more pads to it. A J
10 of 19 people (52.63%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20X-6268. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.