When you call, mention priority code 173K-BJD8

Rating and Reviews: Jet City JCA50H Amp Head

Get all the stage volume you need with this Jet City amp head. With 50 watts of power coming from 2 6L6 power tubes, it's the perfect gigging head.

"Great budget Head!!" submitted October 18, 2011

By a customer from luke.af.mil
Overall
Sound: The tone of this amp is amazing. With this being said, don't think that you will get a sparkly Fender clean sound. This is not the amp for clean headroom! This amp is a bout crunch and gain. The first channel which is called crunch provides a thick and crisp overdrive when gain is past 3. Clean tones are attainable with gain below 5 and adequate control with guitar volume and delicate picking. The overdrive does rool off nocely with guitar volume and with the gain at 3/4 can put many amplifier lead channels to shame. The second channel is labeled "overdrive" and kicks like a 3-legged nija. The gain has gain on top of gain and can achieve heavy tones with a nice tight edgy sound. Anything from old to modern is attainable. Feature: Footswitch is include and is built like a tank. It has a nice visible blue LED. Ease of Use: The controls on this head are made simple enough for the slowest learners. Each channel has a gain and volume which is nice to achieve desired sound levels, but lacks a master volume which is no big deal. The effects loops is good, but will wash out reverb if gain is set to a high level. I have tried with many different pick-up combinations, but this amp accells with humbuckers, especially if they are active. Quality: Not built like a tank!!The amp is made for players on a budget and looks good. It could be built tougher, but for the money it is definately worth it. Value: This amp is priced for players on a budget and .......just buy it, you won't be disappointed.

"Home Run" submitted November 12, 2013

By Michael A in Kearney, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 27 years. Play mostly at home but have been in bands
Music Style: classic rock and metal
Overall: Great amp, regardless of the price. I have this amp running into a Marshall 1960A 4x12 with Celestion gt75 speakers and it's fantastic. It is every bit as good, although different, as my EVH 5150 3. I love the tones. It's a great amp and it's not going to break the bank, rare these days. It would be worth it at twice the price. The first channel is crunch but some good cleans can be had if the gain is set below 3. Crank the gain and you're in modded JCM800 territory. Lots of variety and dynamics in this channel. The second channel is overdrive and it's the reason you want this amp. Soldano DNA in spades. this channel starts where the first channel stops and gets better. Up to about half way the distortion increases, after that it gets smoother and some compression starts, but in a good way. If you want outstanding hard rock and metal (up to thrash and early 90's metal) you can't beat it. Throw on a tube screamer and you can get more modern tones. Buy it!

"THE JCA50H ROCKS!" submitted June 7, 2012

By Chris Joyce in Plymouth, MA
Overall
Musical Background: home recording,cover & punk rock original bands...
Music Style: Mostly metal
Sound: TONE! This thing really sounds thick & punchy. I cannot think of ANY other amp someone can get for $500 that sounds this good! It sounds very similar to the SLO. I know it isn't the same but for about 1/5 the price it can't be beat. I don't use the loop. All I do is run a wah,OCD & ISP Decimator through the front and it sounds great! The clean/crunch channel is good,not the best I ever heard,but it is usable. Also this head LOVES EMGs. I play a Jackson with JBs through it sometimes & it sounds awesome but it can't compare to the tone I get using active pickups IMO... Feature: This amp is very straightforward;two channels,an EQ & a presence control. I wish it had separate EQs for the channels & a depth knob as well but I set the sound I want on the dirty channel & the clean sound ends up pretty good. I don't really dig the loop. However I confess I haven't put a lot of time into working with it. I guess I am used to loops that don't require much tweeking(for instance two of my other heads,the Carvin V3 & the Blackstar HT-100,have excellent effect loops that don't require much in the way of adjustments) For the most part this is a "plug-and-play" amp however the EQ is VERY sensitive & the controls are interactive with each other. If you work with the knobs patiently,you can get a good tone with any guitar... Ease of Use: The Soldano design is a layout in simplicity. But the EQ is very sensitive which requires some patience... Quality: It seems to be pretty solid. Ceramic tube sockets & sturdy PCBs. Quality work inside. I was shocked that the soldering work was so pristine. GREAT JOB Q.C.! Value: I got mine for a great price but they have gone up since then by a good chunk of change. They are a little high in price right now but so is just about everything else! If I could do it over,I would get the JCA100HDM instead. It is switchable to 50 watts & has a depth control... Manufacturer Support: I had a problem with one of the 6L6 tubes at practice one night. It started to red plate (overheat) & sounded the amp crappy after. I shipped it to Jet City's repair guy,they fixed it,tightened the sockets,checked out the electronics & sent it back in less than 10 days! Works great. I had to pay to ship it but they fixed it for free & paid to ship it back to me... The Wow Factor: It has a really nice look. I like the blue. A lot of people don't like the baffle color & change it. I also like the black & the white baffles but I think I will keep it blue,for now anyway... Overall: I really like this amp. I am a card-carrying tone junkie who goes through amps like a fat chick at an all-you-can-eat buffet! I am very hard to please. Some of the amps I have owned & sold...Mesa Tri-Axis/290 Power Amp;Mesa Do All Rectum Fryer;Marshall Plexi(reissue),JCM800(reissue),Mode 4,DSL(wish I kept that one) Egnater Vengeance etc. The JCA50H is a keeper...

"2nd time was the charm" submitted December 19, 2013

By Kurt S in Flint, MI
Musical Background: I've been playing for 20 years. Touring pro band
Music Style: Hard rock
Overall: So after 4 days the first one broke. Zzounds sent me a new one 2 days after that. But the tone in this thing is awesome! Growls like a champ. My only thing to tell ya is replace The tubes when u get a chance. Other than that you can't beat the tone for the Price. My lead player has a line 6 bogner and it competes with that No problem. The only issue I have is the clean is not clean It has a little bit of growl but if u don't use clean who cares!

"Best Damn $500 amp there is" submitted December 22, 2011

Musical Background: 40+ years, in a band that gigs regularly
Music Style: Southern Rock
Sound: I am a southern rock guitarist and need a warm, slightly dirty/clean sound mostly and the Jet City JCA50H delivered at high volume but not so much turned down, however, after replacing the stock preamp tubes with GE's it really came to life. Our first gig out with this rig was impressive.... I heard every note I played whether I was playing clean or dirty. Feature: the stock tubes are not exactly high-end.. Ease of Use: If you have an understanding of how a preamp volume and a master volume are used to change sounds, you will not have any trouble dialing in the sound you need Quality: I found the amp was built in a solid case, well insulated and pretty easy to look at, I have used it in several different rooms already, bounced it along RT 80 a couple hundred miles and have not had any problems Value: Definatety the best $500 amplifier out there Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them yet... The Wow Factor: Apparently yes, I have a Marshall that I thought I was happy with but saw this on the Zzounds site and got it.... Overall: I dont think I will need another amp for quite some time, unless I need to replace this one with the another JCA50H

"Great hard rock sound" submitted August 29, 2011

Music Style: rock, metal
Sound: This amp gives you the hot fodder jcm 800 sound without the costs and extra pedals. Lots of usable gain. Has a unique sound. Feature: Footswitch is included and is very sturdy. It also has a long cable to connect to the head. Ease of Use: Great sounds can be dialed in fairly quickly and the controls are usable throughout their range. The effects loop is kind of a pain because it is line level and does not sound good with basic stomp box effects. Rack effects will work great though. Quality: Seems sturdy and pretty well made. Much better than others in this price range. Just replace the cheap tubes and this amp will be very reliable. I think it will hold up to hugging but a backup is always a good idea. Value: Well worth the price. Sounds better than many $1000+ amplifiers. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with them yet. The Wow Factor: Looks aren't the best but it can be customized easily. Overall: I will be keeping this amp and just adding it to my collection. Sounds great.

When you call, mention priority code 173K-BJD8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976