When you call, mention priority code 173R-FTTP

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Jet City JCA22H Amp Head

Crisp cleans on through roaring, Soldano-designed distortion are all possible with the 20-watt Jet City JCA22H head.

"Even better than I originally reported" submitted July 4, 2012

By Ed S in California, MD
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Metal
Overall: I am reporting again to say that this amp, after about 6 months now, is just awesome. If I could give one piece of advice to new guitar players it would be to NOT buy a solid state amp with built in effects! Buy this amp head and a 1x12 cab or 2x12 cab and then add effects later. This amp sounds GREAT and is something you won't grow out of. If you buy a solid state amp you're just going to want to buy a tube amp in a year or so.

"JCA22H Guitar Amplifier" submitted June 26, 2012

By J L in Del Rio, TX
Musical Background: Cover Band
Music Style: Rock,hard rock, pop...hits
Overall: This is just a great deal for the price. 2 channels, footswitch, effects loop and tube tone & gain. For the price you are paying you cant really complain about anything. You have to understand that this amp is made for dirt and distortion. Effects loop and 2 channels has all the flexibility you can ask for. Volume is plenty for practice with loud drummer. If you are playing at Wembley Stadium then mic it. HI-Gain channel has some noise but nothing unmanageable. I have seen some reviews concerning the cleans and headroom. Although you can get decent tones on cleans this amp is definetely not made for that. Paired it up with the 2x12 matching cabinet. If you want 0 noise perfect cleans and distortion in one package go spend 4 times as much. Built quality on this thing is very good, some details in interior, mainly cosmetic, but nothing you can see from outside. If you want to rock out on a budget this here is a steal.

"Jet City JCA22H" submitted April 15, 2012

By Neal C in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 24 years
Music Style: Rock, metal
Overall: This is a fantastic amp for the money! I found it to be very versatile and quite alot of bite on the overdrive channel. Plenty of power so no worries there. Great warm tube sound even through my crappy cabinet! I would not hesitate to recommend this head to anyone who is looking for a solid tube amp that's on a budget.

"Great bang for the buck" submitted June 4, 2012

By Chris R in Elk Grove Village, IL
Musical Background: Playing 20 yrs/Weekly gigging musician
Music Style: Rock Covers
Overall: Awesome tone for awesome price. Giging pretty much weekly I needed a replacement for my old marshalls for fear of damage/theft. Plus the weight is a factor. I went through the VOX Night train, Egnl Gigmaster, Mesa Mini Recto which didnt have the tone I was looking for. I had the Pico valve which sounded really great but it couldn't be heard loud enough over my drummer (Rock Band Foo Fighters to Petty )Got the JCA22H and couldnt be happier. Marshally warm sound. Clean Chanel is good too. I don,t have much use for it though. I have become accustomed to using my volume knob to clean up the sound with th eMarshalls. I just ordered the 2x12 50 Watt Combo for the samller stages. I cant wait for that to come now...

"Jet City JCA22H" submitted February 20, 2012

By george lutech in franklinville, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: 26 years exp.
Music Style: blues, rock
Overall: Warm tone low price versatile. easy to dial in great blues, rock or metal sounds. 2 Chanels effects loop for how much its a no brainer. the tubes it comes with are great for heavy stuff but you need to change at least v1 if you want a good blues breakup at a good volume. I put JJs in the power section a old marshall ecc83 in v1 and a real old stock sovtek 12ax7 from 1985 in v2 now it sings not that it didn't before but thats just what I liked best.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Amp" submitted March 18, 2012

By Lewis S in California , MD
Overall
Musical Background: Paying 2 yrs, only play guitar and only at the house.
Music Style: Rock, hair metal, metal.
Overall: In order to put my review in perspective; I have been playing for about two years now. This is the first tube amp I have ever owned or played, so I have nothing to really base my ratings on in a comparison sense. I've owned the amp for a month now and have ~80 hours of playing on it. The amp looks outstanding and is built solid. All the knobs have a good feel to them, very smooth. No crackling or anything like that when making volume or tone adjustments. Tolex looks great. It sounds great and the volume is controllable (you can make small adjustments in volume without blowing yourself out of the room). For the bedroom you're probably not getting it to 3, but it sounds great even at low volumes (I'm usually playing at around 2). I haven't had it up past 3, just too loud. The equalizer controls really do a good job shaping your tone. It's not like some of the solid state amps I've owned where the tone knobs hardly do anything. With this amp small adjustments in bass, mid or treble make a big difference. The presence is an awesome option and really lets you refine your tone to just the way you like it. Sustain is amazing! I have an average guitar, Schecter C-1 Custom and man, I can't get over how long the cords or individual notes will sustain. The sound is very rich and full in comparison to my solid state amps. You're probably looking at this amp for the distortion and if you are you won't be disappointed, it is awesome! Youtube it, there are some good demo's. I like 80's hair metal an it's got the sound without an added distortion or OD pedal. Comes with a foot switch to change between crunch and overdrive channels. The cord on the foot switch is probably 15 ft long. I bought the JCA24S 2x12 cab to go with it and they look outstanding together. For

"Finally found my amp with in my budget" submitted September 12, 2012

By Blake K in Sainte Genevieve, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Bedroom Rockstar.
Music Style: 80's hair metal, 80's alt / punk and some blues mixed in
Overall: Bought a Blackstar HT 40. Sent it back, Bought a Supersonic 22(great clean channel) sent it back, Bought a 6505+ combo hated it! Sent it back for this little gem. All I can say this head with the matching 2x12 cab is killer. this head has that in your face hot rod Marshall tones from the 80's and some nice modern tones for newer styles of rock / metal music. I would not recommend this for Cookie Monster metal. You can also dial in a good clean tone that will breakup when you dig into the strings as well. I would recommend changing out the El84 power tubes for some JJ's and this amp will shine even more. This amp has been so far the best bang for the buck on the market. Thanks zZounds for working with me to get an amp that I really love and will keep for along time to come.

"Jet city jca22H" submitted April 8, 2014

By Kevin A in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: 40yrs
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, So. Rock, Christian Rock, Blues, Outlaw Country, Jazz
Overall: Great mid/small amp head design by Soldando/Jet City open platform

"Thank YOU JESUS!!!" submitted November 29, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: got serious 30 years ago. guitar, bass, keyboard, drums. home recording, Church and CHRISTian Concerts.
Music Style: All CHRISTian-contemporary, rock and metal
Sound: i have been a pro player for 30 years. i have had marshalls, hiwatts, carlsbro, soundcity, and many more. they are all great amps in the right setting. but i always had to use a distortion pedal to get enough gain. with the jca22h, i put 1 vintage brimar ecc83 (12ax7) in the first clean tube socket, and 1 electro-harmonix 12ax7 in the 2nd socket of the clean channel, 1 new old stock vintage mullard ecc83 in the 1st tube socket of the gain channel, and 1 vintage brimar ecc83 in the 2nd tube socket of the gain channel. i placed a matched pair of jj el84's in the output sockets. for a standard strat this is a screaming combination. this is the best tone i have ever gotten from any amp ever. the clean is so good because, with a drummer , You are on 1-1/2 gain and 10 on the master of the clean channel. superb dynamics! the clean channel stays clean, and is loud enough for a drummer. it does clean up as You lower the guitar volume. most good tube amps do sound better the closer You get to 10 on the master. that is why 40, 50 and 100 watt amps are hard to get great clean tone from in smaller venues because they are so loud turned up hence the recent popularity of the low wattage amp. the gain channel is best at 3 on the gain and 3 on the master, no distortion pedal needed. the presence control has great effect also, just tune to taste. this is a class a/b amp and has more than enough volume for rooms under 1000 people. the stock tubes are very very noisey. it is best to buy good tubes before deciding whether are not You like this amp. jj el84's sound good in this amp. electro-harmonix would be my choice for a good new 12ax7. this amp does not do modern metal without a pedal. pop or rock is a piece of cake for this one. Feature: for me the most useful feature is 2 channels. 1-my situation is a garage sized jam room with real drums 2- i used 2 marshall cabinets, a 1960a and a 1960b 3-standard strat stock and ibanez rgt42bp w/duncans 4-i am a very heavy handed player 5-contemporary, rock and metal-all CHRISTian Ease of Use: very simple layout, both channels share eq so You may have to compromise somewhere. Quality: just got it. seems well built. we will see. china has been making good tube amps for at least 3 or 4 years. Value: You cannot beat this tone for this amount, not yet anyway. Manufacturer Support: have not needed it yet. but they did answer an email in 1 day. The Wow Factor: may have to buy another it is so good. Overall: i use a variac to lower the voltage some so all components will last longer.

When you call, mention priority code 173R-FTTP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976