When you call, mention priority code 16K9-Q0SM
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Jet City JCA2112RC Amp

Feel the power of an all-tube signal path. A "combo" of the JCA20H and JCA12S, the Jet City JCA2112RC guitar amplifier delivers tube-driven reverb.

"Superb tube tone, simple operation." submitted January 29, 2014

By Roy Davenport in Fort Scott, KS
Overall
Musical Background: I have about 40 years of musical experience.
Music Style: Blues
Sound: The amp brings bends and slides to life that I wasn't hearing in my playing using a Fender Champion. It begs to have something with Humbuckers hooked to it, but single coils bark, and are thin and precise without alot of noise. It distorts and breaks up nicely, this is where it is at home. Feature: The shining feature in this amp is the tube compliment, in my opinion. Two 12AX7s in the preamp, three 12AX7s in the reverb circuit, and two EL84s in the poweramp through a 12 inch Eminence driver, deliver tones that you will be hard pressed to find elsewhere at this pricepoint. Ease of Use: I unpacked it, set the controls and plugged it in. I have had it almost a month and I haven't even moved the controls from where I set them initially. This amp allows me to control my sound with the controls on my guitar, another goal in purchasing this amp. I like having independent control over the reverb from the volume as well. Quality: Really sturdy, a little surprising at this pricepoint. Heavy gauge metal caps on all the corners, real plywood. I would have preferred the metal toggle Power and Standby switches, as well as a seperate pilot light, instead the softlight behind the power rocker switch. Value: I think this sounds as good as a Blues Junior, for example, for less money. I like the tube reverb over the spring reverb. Tone you would expect from one of the boutique or large amp makers. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed them as yet. The Wow Factor: This company has only been around a year or so. They appear to learn quickly and make a great product. Soldano design. Overall: I must have gotten an older version of this amp. The controls are on a front facing panel on mine, no toggle switches (rocker switches instead), and no ventillation panel in the top. On top of that, the logo badge was broken upon unpacking the amp. That being said, none of it was a deal breaker. I plugged it in and knew I wouldn't be returning it. The sound is what I have been searching for. I play the Blues, and I wanted something that handled pedals well, but was simple to use. It has some clean headroom, but this amp was made to wail with Humbuckers.

"Great little amp" submitted January 15, 2014

By Tom C in LYnchburg, VA
Musical Background: Since childhood (long time), guitar (acoustic and electric
Music Style: classic rock, folk, blues
Overall: This amp is exactly what it says it is: simple, great sounding and very portable - exactly what I was looking for for small venue gigs. The price was fantastic and it was delivered very quickly with free shipping to boot! What's not to like?

"Jet City Gets it Right" submitted October 6, 2013

By Ted Dyer in Redmond, WA
Overall
Musical Background: All kinds of stringed instruments for 50 years. Former pro, play at home now.
Music Style: All kinds of blues and classic rock, but primarily Texts style (Winter, Gibbons, SRV). Also play folk, Americana, traditional I
Overall: This little combo amp, designed by Mike Soldano, is perfect for those who want a growly little amp in the living room that is devoid of fluff. Plug in a guitar with humbuckers or soap bars in the bridge position and wail your brains out. I play a lot of "Texts Blues" where sustain, harmonics, chunk and good strong mid-range bite are important. You get that without anything between the guitar and the amp but a cord. Perfect for this reviewer. (I'm not a metal player, so if you want info on how this sounds with scooped mids and whether the distortion will melt paint off the walls, well, I don't know.) Of course, you can clean it up, and it sounds good, but that's really not what this amp is about. It's not a Fender Twin Reverb, OK? A horse isn't a camel. Also, if you want to flip from clean to dirty mid-phrase, you need to know it ain't gonna happen. There is only one channel. There is, however, a great reverb on board. That feature sets this apart from other, similar JCA offerings. Works for me. If you want tube-driven heaven in a well built chassis with real plywood cabinetry, you get it. Best of all, you're going to pay substantially less for this little gem than you would for its competition. I started playing in 1962, so I've been at this a while. I know what 12AX7s and EL-34s are all about. Trust me. This amp is a treasure.

"jet city jca2112rc" submitted May 28, 2014

By richard l in scottsville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: jam at home ,been playing about five years my jam friends thought i spent money for two amps
Music Style: classic rock and a lot of blues
Overall: run it at low gain lovely fender sounds crank it up marshal all the way.Think affordable mesa-booge plug in a epi valve jr 1x12 blow the walls out.single coil or humbbucker it just sreames to play loud

"Jet City JCA2112 is a wonderful amp" submitted April 14, 2014

By Billy G in Cuba City, WI
Musical Background: Part time cover bands for the last 15 years
Music Style: rock and country
Overall: For a while I have been searching for the right tone vrs. price vrs. features and this unit is a great fit. It's clean without being too clean and it has everything I need and nothing I don't

"Nice tones from this!" submitted April 6, 2012

By john k in pine grove, PA
Musical Background: Been playing since the late 60's
Music Style: Classic rock, rock, country rock, blues, southern rock, etc.
Overall: I was looking amps over, especially all tube combo amps and read alot of great reviews for this Jet City. When I found Zzounds offering them new for just under $300, I had to say YES! Use the controls on this amp, in conjunction with your guitar's controls and you'll be amazed the tones you can get out of it. The Presence control is a sorta "top boost" and helps to cut thru. All the controls work as they should, too. Good "taper" and function. The reverb is good also. Work the MV and gain to get your dirts. Be aware, you WILL NOT get much clean headroom, ala, Fender or Vox. This amp gets LOUD too. I imagine adding another 1X12 extension cab would really push the air. It has external speaker jacks, too. For the price, it's a great deal for a classic rock tone machine!
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Grab the Jet City 20-watt tube combo-amp at under $300.00! You won't be disappointed." submitted November 3, 2010

Musical Background: Musician, Producer
Music Style: Jazz, Hip-Hop, Reggae, R&B and Rock
Sound: I purchased this amp after I viewed some YouTube videos on it. The videos were pretty impressive. After receiving it, I put it through a few runs with my Epiphone 335 Reissue. The first day I wasn't that impressed due to being spoiled by Fender amps. Day 2, I had a rehearsal with my group so I thought now comes the real test! Day 2 was off the chain!! My keyboardist/saxophonist turned a few times due to what he was hearing from the amp. It was a much smoother sound than my Frontman 212. I know that's solid state compared to the tube of the Jet City. At rehearsal, I used my Tele' and Epi'. With that Epi' and a digital delay, it was pure Wes Montgomery/Lee Ritenour sweetness! I followed what I saw on YouTube with the Tele'. Unreal is an understatement! No it's not the overpriced brandname boutique amps but this Jet City has a sweet tone and a damn wallet-friendly price! Feature: No accessories needed. If you know how to play then there's your accessory. Ease of Use: It's a single channel amp so it's very easy to use. Take about 5 minutes to read the short manual. Quality: It may not have the vivid colors or special imported tweed covering but it's a very well made amp that's easy to transport. Personally, I like the big "333" on the front! I'm sure I'll get asked many questions about this amp. Value: Compared to other boutique-style amps this one beats the others hands down. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it yet. I don't think I'll need to. The Wow Factor: Nice classy design. Overall: I hope to have this around for a very long time as I take good care of any equipment I own, regardless of the price paid for it.
10 of 13 people (76.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Overall

When you call, mention priority code 16K9-Q0SM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976