When you call, mention priority code 20N-JGHT

Rating and Reviews: JBL PRX735 Active Speaker

With a sturdy cabinet loaded with a dedicated 15" driver for bass and mids, JBL's PRX735 tri-amped powered PA speakers push out punchy lows down to 42 Hz.

"Amazing" submitted November 4, 2014

By abraham hakim in bronx, NY
Overall
Overall: I had to decide between this and the Kw153, even though I only heard the 153 once, and this none, something told me to go with this, thank god I did. This is everything I needed, and the music is so clear clean bass and mids not o mention the highs. Played it for hours almost every day and no problems.

"AMAZING SPEAKER!!" submitted June 12, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in Ft. Collins, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 14 years; Performer, Live Sound Engineer, Recording Session Musician
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Blues, Funk, Folk, Jazz, Celtic
Overall: I needed a 3-way speaker that really delivered good low end without a sub, clear/punchy miss, and a natural high end that was smooth, not harsh. This speaker does all of this perfectly! Most 3-way speakers cost similar or more and weigh A LOT more, at 77lbs it's not light weight for one person to move around but it's very manageable with a second person helping. I've used this for about 20 shows; outdoors, long clubs, wide clubs, high ceilings, etc.. and i'm blown away how good it sounds in every venue. I've done acoustic performers, full bands, and dance music and it does a great job with a crazy amount of volume! I tested this against a QSC KW153 and the JBL blew it away in every category (sound, volume, headroom, weight, features). For small to medium clubs just one of these would do the trick, two of them sound amazing for large clubs, venues, and outdoor events . My only issue is that it doesn't come with a speaker cup built in for mounting on a stand, so I bought one for $20, installed it in about 30 minutes and it works perfectly for stand mounting. I've had club owners and club staff come up to me and say "what the hell did you do, it's never sounded this good in here before!"

"Not 5 stars as I wrote before/ Update maybe 3 stars" submitted January 14, 2015

By John A in Fairfax, VA
Musical Background: Giiging Band
Overall: Sorry to say i got rid of the JBL's after a few months of hearing rattles at low frequencies in the back panel.First they replaces the 50 cent cooling fans{ cheap as they come} which stopped the rattling. After a couple more shows it came back and possibly somewhere else in the housing. I became concerned when I saw the tech open them up { both speakers made noise} and I saw how cheaply they were made. JBL is not what they use to be. I must say these rattles could not be heard during a show, but when I rehearse playing my piano in my basement, it annoyed the hell out of me. For over 2k they should be built better. The QSC's blow them away , even in the balance of Lows to Highs is remarkably better. My piano sounds immensely better across the keys. No more JBL for me

"Great Sound from JBL! Thanks a lot to ZZounds! Boo ya!" submitted December 17, 2013

By Jimmy Yang in Chesnee, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 10 years (bars, clubs, and home)
Music Style: Rock, hip-hop, and karaoke. A little dub-step for the young folks.
Overall: The PRX735 is a 3 Way speaker so the sound is very crisp and clear! It's also very loud in a good way! The highs and mids are excellent! The bass is okay, but I would recommend picking up a subwoofer to get a complete sound. I use this speaker for live music (vocals, acoustic guitar) and DJ. It does have a built in fan which you can hear come on, but you won't hear it once the music gets going. It's a very nice built and sturdy speaker. But it is heavy so moving this thing by yourself can be a pain. Overall, I would recommend buying this speaker if you are looking for a powered speaker with a near complete sound! Just pick up a sub and and you're golden!
23 of 30 people (76.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"JBL PRX735" submitted June 15, 2014

By JOHN FREEMAN in Brownsburg, IN
Musical Background: DJ hip hop R&B
Music Style: hip hop R & B
Overall: VERY NICE CLEAR SOUND

When you call, mention priority code 20N-JGHT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.