When you call, mention priority code 144Q-0BTB

Rating and Reviews: JBL PRX-615M Speaker

Uniting portability and quality performance, this JBL 2-way powered speaker delivers flawless, potent bass in a lightweight, compact package.

"Fit for any test!" submitted November 23, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: I am a army musician. I play bass. I've been playing a long time.
Music Style: All styles. I have to be knowledgable in everything
Sound: The sound quality is pretty amazing. clear through the whole frequency range. Outstanding for vocals. As well as just D'Jing. When compared in a side by side with the k12 I though that these speakers were much clearer and more defined where as the k12's seemed warmer even a little muddier than these. These are well built speakers. The bass response is pretty amazing also and for smaller gigs or dj events would work perfect by themselves. If the industry standard is the k12's right now I feel like these take it for the new standard at this price point. I didnt get a chance to hear the ELX's, but then again I don't think I needed to. Feature: I agree with others the buttons on back could have some more seperation. I am barely concerned about the fan unit these things lack. Honestly if I am running them hard enough where they thermal. I should probably be running bigger speakers. I run my pair turned to 12 o clock on the rear of the speaker and I have plenty of head room on my board. Pretty much everything sounds good out of them. Ease of Use: Plug them into a board and go. Pretty easy to get great quality sound with them. I hope to Use them as side fill wedges someday. For now the make great mains and sit nicely over my subs. These will easily fill up almost all the bars I would play around town. Quality: I really like the look. And the feel of these speakers is pretty amazing. Wood cabinets are the way to go. Value: I feel the price is right. At 800 a speaker I feel they are well worth it. The EV's may be cheaper and sound quality may be very similar to these but, I subscribe to the idea that sometimes if you spend a little more that the thing will be a little more well built and last you down the road. I did a lot of research like days before I tested these against competitors. I was skeptical at first because I have heard some bad jbl stuff but these. Really do raise the bar. Manufacturer Support: Only based on the fact that I haven't had to use them yet. This may slide down if I ever do. I take pretty care of my stuff though so, I don't anticipate needing jbl and it seems to be well built. The Wow Factor: I bought them. Pretty easy decision Overall: I can see these as my main speakers for awhile and eventually becoming great side fill wedges when I upgrade my mains to 3 ways. I will always use these for small gigs or small dj gigs where 3 way speakers aren't necessary. I am a gigging musician, sound man, dj, and karaoke dj. I get nothing but compliments and praise on the sound reproduction of these speakers. These replaced my first sound system mains and they run circles around the competition.

"Awesome sound thats slightly deafening!" submitted November 14, 2012

By Ryan S in Batesville, AR
Musical Background: Staging Engineer/Lighting/Audio/Video
Music Style: Rock/Alt Rock, Pop, Techno,
Sound: This speaker has such a clarity compared to other products I am used to. This speaker reacts quickly (and clearly no less) when I ask it to and seemingly has no end in sight for peak output. I'm sure the massive headroom is due to the on board Crown 1kw amplifier. Feature: I haven't used the onboard options much but fiddling with the Main/Monitor option takes quite a bit of bass out of the system when in monitor mode which seems right for what it would be doing. Ease of Use: These speakers are incredibly easy to use, just plug and go. The only thing that may need adjusted is the gain knob/mic line function on the back of the unit if it is set too high. Quality: I haven't had these long but they seem to be built into their own road case, they appear to be incredibly durable and have a textured surface which resists abrasion better than other smooth surfaces. Value: After attempting an audio range/clarity test (and receiving some slight temporary hearing loss) I soon discovered I need a bigger testing area though for the testing I could do I give these a rating of Worth Every Penny! Manufacturer Support: I have not had to interact with the manufacturer though I bought these speakers based on JBL's quality and survivability so I can only imagine they are right up there with the Maytag man. The Wow Factor: The JBL name was a lot of my interest in the product. The product itself looks aesthetically pleasing and doesn't take up a lot of room for its performance. This system being powered means I carry less gear to each event which saves me money as well. Overall: These speakers have so much headroom in a 350 seat rock auditorium that upon testing them I couldn't peak them out without needing earplugs at 90ft from the speakers.

JBL PRX-615M Speaker Customer Review submitted March 20, 2011

Musical Background: Vocalist
Music Style: Mix, but mainly modern Country
Sound: I am going to be running my own karaoke and DJ shows. I've been running shows for other people for about 8 years total. Been singing at shows for over 20 years all over the US due to my military service. I feel I know what good sounding speakers are. Before I purchased the PRX615M's, I went to a local company who had them pretty much all the speakers I was interested in on display and available to listen to. I heard about 8 different speakers. When I got to these speakers...........wow! My mouth dropped open and I just about started drooling! They were so crisp and clear. And the bass? Man! Doing basic small to medium room, and possibly large rooms, I probably won't need a subwoofer. So deep and rich. I would recommend this speaker to everyone and anyone. Worth the every bit of the money I paid! Manufacturer Support: I have not had to use this feature yet, but from friends that have dealt with JBL, I have heard great things.

"Unbelievable Sound Quality" submitted March 25, 2013

By Chris Khan in Valley Stream, NY
Musical Background: House DJ
Music Style: Soca, Reggae, House, Funk, Club. R&B
Overall: I looked around for several months for a Home/Pro PA Speaker and was blown away by the sound quality of this JBLPRX-615M. I looked at Yamaha and some others but the quality was not even close. I would highly recommend this speaker to anyone in the market shopping for PA Speakers.

"PRX615M Excellent choice for DJ sound Can't say enough good things about these speakers. I paired them with a DBX DriveRack" submitted October 28, 2011

By a customer from jimpoulson.com
Musical Background: DJ,
Music Style: Top 40, classic rock
Sound: The PRX 615M is awesome. I own a pair of JRX125 (2x15 with horn) from JBL and these blow them away. The full range of this speaker makes it an excellent choice for a DJ or small band.

""Big Bang not a Theory"" submitted January 18, 2011

Musical Background: Mobile/Club DJ
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz,Blues& Neo Soul
Sound: The PRX615M really does the job,plenty of crisp sound with excellent Bass. I was running two JBL EONG2 and a JBL JR 118S Sub together,now with 615M (2) I don't miss my old setup. Feature: It has two pole holes one holds the speaker straight forward the other hole allow the the speaker to slightly tilt downward towards the floor,allowing for greater impact on the audiance,while the speakers are elevated The weight of these speakers are great Ease of Use: Just plug it in and play. Ease of use. Quality: Well put together speaker. Solid Speaker. Light weight. Nice looking spaeker & grille real smart looking cabinet Value: worth the price Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it The Wow Factor: Weight, Grille & Style & little blue light make it sexy Overall: I Love these Speakers, I'm not changing if anything, I would add additional Sub JBL PRX (For large venues)
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

JBL PRX-615M Speaker Customer Review submitted August 3, 2011

Musical Background: DJ, Hobbyist, Keyboard player
Music Style: Latin Jazz, Merengue, Salsa.
Sound: I currently own a pair of JBL EON G3s. The sound quality, clarity and levels (SPL, distortion levels) are far superior that EONs and QSCs (which I've audibly compared). Feature: Very plain, simple cab with everything you need and no unecessary items. Ease of Use: The simplicity of being a speaker kind of rules out ease of use. However, I've played with other cabs and these are much easier to use. The internal DBX/Crown circuitry give you the right power output and frequencies, balanced levels with a great "punch" - wow I loved the bass on these!! Quality: Excellent quality! Just wish it had another handle instead of just one. Value: Great value compared to other models and keeping in mind the sound quality that is being generated from this cab for the price. Manufacturer Support: Can't really tell - too premature to tell. Overall: Overall, I'm a mobile DJ and perform live music as well. I'm very impressed with these cabs (not too easy for this to happen). I'm extremely satisfied for this product and Zzounds for providing me the opportunity to get it both in a fast and at an excellent deal!! I buy all of my gear from Zzounds. Thanks again, Zzounds!

"the best speakers I ever purchased DJ FUNKBOX" submitted September 10, 2012

By tony t
Musical Background: 30 yr pro DJ
Music Style: All music ,CLUB,.Hip Hop ,R&B , Christian ,Rock ,Reggae, Smooth Jazz
Overall: Fisst of all thanks JBL and crown for making such a solid piece of equipment. I use for Dj'ing and they pack a good PUNCH ! Ihave two JBL PRX-615 and two JBL PRX-118 subs to match if jou get them for DJ'ing you will not be disappointed trust me they will FEEL IT !!!!!! '' You get what you pay for '' NOW go make some MONEY $$$ THX.zZounds!

"JBL 1000 watt speakers, more than you expect, perfect solutions for today's deejays." submitted May 19, 2011

By a customer from specevent.com
Overall
Musical Background: Deejay, Since 1989.
Music Style: Pop, Rock, Urban, Hip Hop, Classic Rock
Sound: The JBL speakers with the built in Crown amp, (1000 watts) does it all. Very happy, would have bought 6 instead of two speakers if I had the money. ZZounds great seller, on the payment plan and have continued to make purchases from zzounds. Value: The price of this speaker is great. The 400 watt Eons were selling for $699. These speakers are a better price with more power. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to contact JBL The Wow Factor: The look and feel of the speaker is great. It looks like a passive speaker and therefore can be intergrated with other equipment on the stage without the different look. Overall: I will probably keep this product for 6 years, get it repaired if needed and continue to purchase the JBL line only if they continue to use the Crown amp.

"This Speaker is AWESOME!!!!" submitted August 26, 2013

By Michael Parker in Chesapeake, VA
Musical Background: DJ/EMCEE, Wedding/Party DJ
Music Style: At "M&K Turtle DJ" we play all types of music!
Overall: I purchased this speaker last week and have used it for 3 events so far. I pair it with the JBL PRX 618 XLF Subwoofer and my two Mackie SRM 450V2s. I currently use the JBL PRX 615M on one side and the two Makies on the other where I spread out my sound. I eventually plan to get another JBL PRX 615M and plan to use one JBL an one mackie on each side where venues are large enough to warrant it. I believe in spreading the sound so I can play it at a level that does not deffen those close to the stage, but where you can still here the music great throughout the ballroom/venue. This speaker is very very impressive. OUTSTANDING SOUND and with the new PRX 715 line up out the price on these has gone down. GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN! This speaker is a bit heavier than the PRX 612, but I am fairly strong and still in my mid 30s so the extra weight is worth the additional range that I get by using the 15" driver. If I could afford it I would use a 15" 12" and 10" on each side coupled with dual subs in order to have the full spectrum covered. I know that everyone shouts about the performance of the K12s and I have to say that they are FANTASTIC speakers, but for the price this one is amazing and if you need less weight just go with the PRX-612M and you are set. The only plus that I see on the QSC vs JBL is that the QSC has more connections straigt on the back crossover panel. I however hook all of my speakers off of my soundboard so I do not need that option and if I did they make splitters for that. I will be buying more of these and I have always had THE VERY BEST customer support from Crown and JBL which is a MADE IN THE USA company! They want your business and work hard to keep it!

"Very Nice, Good Quality" submitted September 29, 2011

By a customer from atlkdjs.com
Musical Background: Professional DJ
Music Style: Hip Hop RB top 40
Sound: Sound is really great. These actually sound much better than the EON series and in my opinion, better than most anything in this class & price range. Nice lows for a cab also. I can run this without a sub (indoors) and get decent quality sound. People have been truly amazed honestly. Feature: I am not a big fan of the buttons on the back which simply selects mic, monitor or main etc... would rather have an EQ or something similar. Not bad at all options on the back, but not the nest either. Ease of Use: Plug & play...pretty simple Quality: OK...true story. One of mine did burn up. I abused it a bit (7 hours hard music with the peak light on). BUT...JBL warranty fixed it no charge and I was running again in 6 days. Other than that I have owned them and run them pretty hard for the past 9 months and no issues besides my abuse. Value: Price vs other brands in this class like QSC K-12 or Mackies...I think the extra $ is definitely worth it IF you are looking to spend this much money. Manufacturer Support: For Pro Audio my experience with JBL is great. You get real people from America who speak english and know the product. My experience has been quick resolution on issues The Wow Factor: Sleek...looks like an expensive speaker to regular folks. I receive lots of compliments at weddings Overall: I am not looking to replace these with anything else. I will add a couple more to my collection. They are pretty awesome speakers.

"A great product, at a reasonable price. Clean crisp sound that never wavers." submitted March 12, 2011

Overall
Music Style: Reggae, Calypso, Soft Rock.
Sound: Great sound quality. Feature: I wish the speaker had controls for bass, mids, and treble. Value: I think it could have sold for less if compared to a comparable EV speaker. The Wow Factor: A bland looking product. Could look much more appealing to justify the price.

"Spend your money on another brand of speakers." submitted June 12, 2011

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All types of music
Sound: At first the sounds was the best I had ever heard. Plus with a two year warranty I thought.. with JBL how could I go wrong. After 6 month of use twice a week, one out of two started to rattle, like the speaker was blown. Vert disappointed. Feature: The power cable was short and that is all it came with. Ease of Use: The speaker was fairly straight forward. Quality: Quality control needs to be checked. At one gig one speaker stopped working and caused, my mixer to blow and start to rattle nothing but problems. Value: Nope, it I paid half this price, I would expect problems but with the amount I've paid I never expected such problems. Manufacturer Support: I didn't try yet. I will be contacting them but I have to buy another brand to have a dependable set of speakers. The Wow Factor: It's a speaker... it looks nice Overall: I'm not satisfied, and will be buying another brand. Stay clear of these JBLs made in Mexico.

"Big things come in Small packages." submitted January 13, 2011

By a customer from gettysburg.edu
Musical Background: Certified Technology Specialist, Infocomm Intl
Music Style: All
Sound: These speakers rock! I own PRX535's and decided to pick up a pair of the PRX615M's. Immediately out of the box, they look hot. The grill sets them off compared to my PRX535'S. I hooked up 1 535 on one channel and 1 PRX615 on the other. Ran about 115db, which was about all i could stand, with the boost button pushed and seriously couldn't tell much difference between the two. At a lower volume the PRX 535's were warmer. Feature: PRX basic features. i just with they would do away with the mic/line button. Too easy to accidently push and blow your ears out. it is right beside the boost button. Ease of Use: Plug in and go. Quality: Boom. Buy this, you will not be disappointed. I hooked up my sub and really didn't make much a difference (with the bass boost button active on my PRX615M). Value: Not sure about that. Price shop! Zzounds is the BEST at giving you the best deal. Hint!!! i did not pay the asking price. I found this unit cheaper on another web site and not only did they match it, they BEAT IT! Manufacturer Support: Never needed it, but when i did call one time about another issue they were quite helpful. The Wow Factor: Hot, this speaker looks and sounds the best. Overall: Buy it and don't even think about it. I have been in the portable sound business and this is one of the best for the money.

"Big things come in Small packages." submitted January 13, 2011

Overall

When you call, mention priority code 144Q-0BTB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976