When you call, mention priority code 1735-Q5NQ

Rating and Reviews: JBL PRX-612M Speaker

With a 1000 watt class-D Crown amplifier, an optimized EQ, and a 12" differential drive dual voice-coil speaker, the JBL PRX612M speaker is a step above.

"Really amazing quality" submitted April 12, 2013

By Zlatan V in Burlington, VT
Musical Background: Keyboard player
Overall: I ordered this with Zzounds on Friday afternoon, and Saturday I was already trying it out! I love how quick you guys ship your products. Now for the speaker part, First thing I noticed was how clear the sounds is, just by hooking up my iPhone and playing some jazz music. I was amazed at the quality, this speaker WILL get pretty LOUD, I am definitely more than satisfied with it. Very durable and not too heavy at all.

"In Hand Review - PRX612M vs. SRM450" submitted August 19, 2010

Musical Background: Active Club DJ and Mobile DJ
Music Style: Everything
Sound: When you compare the volume and sound quality to an SRM450, the Mackie takes the cake. However - these speakers are gorgeous and aesthetics can be VERY important. I would rate these a 10 for appearance, while the Mackies are more like a 6. The sound for the JBL is an 8, while I would rate the Mackies a 9. As with most JBLs I've worked with - you need to heavily decrease the mids in order to get the best sound. Keep that in mind if you pick up a pair of these puppies. The highs are amazing on these speakers, but the 12" woofer can't beat a 15" woofer. So basically - no miracles here on the low end. Feature: Only one complaint - they put the mic/line switch right next to the gain. You could easily hit it by accident. No EQ but that is not important to me. Ease of Use: Plug it in, decrease the mids, kick up the highs, and play any genre of recorded music. Quality: This is a very solid box. It looks solid and feels solid. However, I did notice that the amp gets hot. Sounds normal I know - but I run other Class D speakers for some gigs and they run ice cold all night. Value: Wonderful and beautiful. Not incredibly expensive. But I'm not sure if these are really worth $700 each. The Wow Factor: Gorgeous speaker. Wish they made it without the monitor wedge design. It looks awkward in some settings.
24 of 28 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Stunning performance !!!" submitted March 29, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: Active Musician/Writer
Music Style: Rock/Jazz
Sound: Holy Cow this thing can get loud. Sound is faithful to what you put in. Feature: Very versitile. I plugged my iPod Nano into it directly and was blown away. Ease of Use: Plucg in almost any connection and get control right away. Quality: JBL. Need to say more? Value: I think it is too expensive. But after I heard it, I recommended to others already. Manufacturer Support: I won't need it but it seems that it will be hard to blow this thing up. The Wow Factor: Good Looking Product. Overall: I was surprised by my reaction to this bax after I heard it. Before that, I wondered why anyone would pay $700. Now I can see it. Would I pay that. No, but for someone that needs the versatility, I say it is a winner.
10 of 13 people (76.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Not bad for JBL " submitted June 25, 2013

By Russ D in Oakland, CA
Overall
Musical Background: semi-pro, smei retired. Been playing since before the internet.
Music Style: New Wave, Punk, Hip Hop, Metal, Industrial-Experimental.
Overall: I purchased this speaker as a synth amp/monitor. I feed it from a stand mounted Yamaha mixer. These speakers sound decent. They appear to be well put together and are relatively light compared to similar powered speakers. I am disappointed in two things about this product. First, I am surprised that these are rear ported. I understand that ports are for tuning and should not be viewed as the source of the sound. It is hard to ignore how much energy they throw our of that rear port though. This thing was making the posters on the wall behind it flap around with each note! I also wish that the bass was smoother. I prefer that a speaker simply not attempt to reproduce a note that it is not capable of. Older JBL stuff was great at rolling off gently starting rather high. So if you went for a note too low for it to hit, you would get the shadow of that note, not a strained sounding thud. Overall these are pretty good speaks. They do get painfully loud and I am sure that these kick out the volume with a sub handling the lows. I'd also liek to interject some facts here. NONE of the current 1000 watt powered speakers is really 1000 watts. They are all more like 600 watts. Let me explain. If you put 500 watts on the lows and 500 watts on the highs you will NEVER use all of the power supplied to the treble. First off, the driver for the highs can not handle a 3rd of that power. Secondly, it takes much less power to achieve equal loudness. 100db of treble will require maybe 25 watts. Whereas 100db of bass might require 300 watts. This is just a generalization of course, but you get the picture. The additional 400 watts of power on the treble driver only provides headroom. And you can easily get that kind of headroom with a 100 watt or 200 watt amp. 500 watts is marketing driven engineering.

"Beautiful sounding, rugged and great looking. What more could you ask for?" submitted May 22, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: DJ, Live sound engineer.
Music Style: Urban, R&B, Top 40 & Dance.
Sound: The sound these little beasts produce is incredible! I have yet to clip or distort them, even in a HUGE highschool gym with a 4000 watt sub! The sound is very crisp and clear, with nice midrange and vocal presence. All in all, it works great for my larger events, and even better for smaller ones with out using a sub. Feature: There is no internal mixer of any kind, to me thats not a big deal, I need a simple in and out. Done. Ease of Use: Plug and play, no eq to mess with, big plus. Quality: The finish is very rugged, same type used on the MRX and SRX series. It does scratch pretty easily, so I recommend a case for road use. Value: If you can live without the internal mixer, this will more than suit the average mobile entertainer, even a club install. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to use it, don't plan on it either. These are built very well. The Wow Factor: This thing looks bad ass. Its got a great design.

When you call, mention priority code 1735-Q5NQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976