When you call, mention priority code 14J5-YNMR

Rating and Reviews: JBL PRX535 Active Speaker

Loaded with a dedicated midrange tweeter, these super-accurate powered PA speakers push out an extremely controlled pattern from 46 Hz through 20 kHz.

Overall

"PRX535s are like Peanut butter and Jelly (Crown and JBL)" submitted July 19, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician - played professinally for 34 years. I play guitar, bass guitar, fiddle, and piano.
Music Style: Have played every thing from "Gang of Four" to Hank Williams.
Sound: I've recently bought a pair of the 535s and a matching pair of powered subs. The sound quality without enhancement devices is superb. I've played pro some years back and am now getting that urge to rock again, tried to move a QSC 3X and through my back out., thank you Crown and JBL. The three channel crown is just pro quality, bar none. Feature: Features are standard on this until you hit the EQ button and then the magic happens. How do they do what they do? The connectors are simple mic cords hook ups (xlr). I couldn't hook it up wrong. The handles are strategically placed so that when you pick them up you don't fall over. Ease of Use: Plug in and dream of rock stardom, of course you need to bring your own talent. My only complaint is that matching it with the subs there is no information. The store we bought these from recommends an additional pair of subs to go with these (of course he would an extra 2grand or so in his pocket). But was he telling the truth? Seems to me when we hooked it all up we had to back of the uppers about half so the subs could catch up. Quality: JBL and Crown teaming up are you kidding!!!!!!! It's like meat and potatoes, carrots and peas, peanut butter and jelly how could you go wrong? After my younger rock days I went back and got my engineering degree and am a current quality manager for the US based earth moving company. One of the CEO band boys, not nearly as good as I used to be but the equipment is a dam sight better. Value: These are pricy and it is hard to describe the quality, workmanship, engineering to someone that has not used ordinary gear. But the money you spend for these things is something that young upstarts might avoid. Manufacturer Support: Not had to use it yet. The Wow Factor: Depends on the person I guess, some people like the fuss of power amp racks, cords every where, crossovers that you sometimes miss the frequency on, not me. This system is clean, simple, and as our new guitar player put it, beautiful. The paired 18s (PRX518s) and uppers (PRX535s) look like someone new what they were doing. Overall: I expect to be to be satisfied with this system for a long time and will probably never have a different system. I hope we don't wear the system out, if we do, we'll have a good time doing it. I compared this system with the QSCs and found the sound and price comparable, the big differences is the extra 42 pounds the QSCs sport. Some may say they are louder and beefier, but I could not tell that in store where I test drove them side by side (Guitar Center Chicago).

"Simply the best" submitted February 22, 2009

Musical Background: 30 years as pro - currently doing it as a hobby
Music Style: Acoustic - top end
Sound: Simply put this system is complete with a catch. IF you match it with the 518 subs be prepared use the 535s at half volume. Now for me that is ok our group won't blow your doors off. I have talked to everyone at crown/JBL/Dannon they all say the same thing, buy another pair of subs. That is easy for them to say. The subs are underpowered compared to the tops. I should have known the 1 to 4 ratio is not present here, the sub actually needs to be about 3 times more powerful. After talking to California JBL, they seem to want to lead me away from talking that they two were to be bought together. In any case the accuracy of the tops will be beaten by no one. Feature: Who wants accessories when setting up a PA, usually you get one of two things, lots of headaches setting up a big PA system. Or, you get too small of a PA that really won't cover the place like you want. This system does not need anything between it and the board. I in fact went a bought a driverack and after listening to the DR in and out, I took it back to the store. The auto EQ in the speakers mystifies me in a good way. Be careful of the line in and out button, seems like overkill, but thanks for the protection. The selection of components is a match made in Heaven, I've been a rocker for way too long to pass up the combo of Crown and JBL, it's like Bogie and Bacall. Ease of Use: When using the 535s you don't really need to know what you are doing. The systems is so simple that it makes you forget Crossovers, Racks, power Amps, chords, connectors, and my favorite winding chords. After 4 hours of rockin your *** off the most fun is winding chords. This system would be easy to use with other speakers, using the back panel cross over options lets you daisy chain other speaker brands or send to another power amp. Quality: Being a quality manager I know a little about quality, the thing to remember that if you get your speakers and they don't work, then chances are you have bought something from a company that does not have a quality system, in my case, the speakers are perfect!!! Value: Value, well you get what you pay for. I have a pair of Bheringer monitors, reasonable quality but light years away from the the likes of Crown and JBL. THey are actually cheaper than Mackie, and about the same as QSC. Peavey is cheaper but does not sound as good, I own many Peavey products so I know. Manufacturer Support: Support is a little dicey, I tend not only read the PDf files on my equipment, if fact I knew way more than the hot line help about my issue with the subs not matching the uppers. But that was my fault I should have looked at the power output of each unit, and done the math myself. I think they need to use real sound engineers to talk to the folks, but head count these days is more of wishful thinking. The Wow Factor: I would love to have a bank of 8 535s on each side of the stage, that would eliminate the need for any lower end help. At low to mid volumes you don't need it. Sex appeal, I play with some very experienced musicians and they all want to take them home with them. This is piece of gear I will never be without. Overall: The 535s I would replace if something happened to them. The 518s I may replace with a design of my own, of course it would carry a bit more power. Right now the tops are all I need for what I am doing solo with my Acoustic only, bit of overkill but I love these two speakers making me sound the best I can.

"PRX series are very powerful, Very clean sounding, And very worth your hard earned cash. These puppies pound they will definatel" submitted September 18, 2009

Overall
Music Style: all of thee above but primarily rock and heavy metal
Sound: These speakers pound really good and are extremely clear and clean sounding. I have yet to run up the volume higher because they rock at even lower volumes.I currently run prx 535's and a pair of 512m stage monitors. It really bumps. My next addition is a pair of prx 518s and a pair of the 525's. 535's are awesome and I can't even imagine how well the 525's will bump! Feature: The features are grea! push putton EQ and there is a extra button for more power, which changes the frequency of the speaker. With both buttons pushed you can't even get the speaker volume over a quater of the way up it is so loud. I could see in the future if the push buttons are used alot the springs getting weak, But that would take alot of time.This product came with power cords and user manuals. These speakers are spendy, But the sound is well worth it. You will blow the doors off everyone's jbl eon pa systems. Ease of Use: These speakers are very user friendly. Pretty much a plug and play operation. even a pa system with only a cd player and these 535's rock. If you are in deeper with EQ's and multi effects these speakers will take pretty much what you give them. Great sound comes very very easy with these speakers. Quality: An eight because my only complaint is the speaker grill. It dents real easy. I would reccomend highly the padded speaker covers! Otherwise these speakers are very sturdy! Value: Like I said these speakers are spendy but the sound is worth it.I would definately reccomend these to anyone if you have the dough to spend! Manufacturer Support: As far as the speakers go I have not had to deal with JBL. But however I consulted them before buying these speakers and they were very helpful and friendly and willing to provide info about there speakers! The Wow Factor: Honestly I could not wait for the first night to bump these and as I thought very awesome sounding! Now I gotta finish it up with the 525's and 518s subs! Overall: Well I am hoping this will be the last PA system I put together for myself, But I am in the music business and the future will have me puttin together a few more systems with the prx series!! Buyer beware of B stock gear, One of my B stock 535's looked like it got drug down the road. It was supposedly un-used but it had clearly been on a speaker stand a few times, the holes for the stands were beat up good, Clearly they were used carelessly a few times. DONT BUY B STOCK SPEAKERS

"What this segment has needed for three years!" submitted December 20, 2007

By a customer from satanplace.com
Musical Background: Event Creator/Promotor, DJ
Music Style: Breakbeat, Electro, D&B, Progressive
Sound: Excellent sonic clarity. Great outdoors. Quite portable and light weight for a high-end active PA. Pair these up with a pair of the matching 18" powered subs and you have a killer setup for whatever party you are throwing, in the club or a renegade outdoors. Mackie SA1232's sound just a hair better, but at 50lbs more... SPL is similar at lower power consumption, less generator fuel and/or smaller gennys. Feature: Built-in limiter. The amps run quite cool. Other than grill and connectors and controls on the back panel, there are no deep fins and/or vents to get dust in them. These things were built for dusty outdoor duty! (think BM and renegades) Ease of Use: Way easier than a PA/amp rig setup. No messing with crossovers. Dirt simple. Grab some XLR cables, extension cords, and GO! Quality: One of the sub's front panel indicator blinks in/out due to a loose connection. No effect on sound quality. This was after 20hrs of abuse with breaks, D&B & dubstep. Value: They rock, are built to take it, and will not disappoint. Overall: Considering the history of Mackie/EAW SA1232/SWA1801, etc., these will be mainstays of portable event setups and some club installations for some time. Especially geared toward mobile event promotion. A single person can rock the rig. Loud, clear, flat, reasonable cost, clean looks...people will be amazed at your sound. BTW, I rank Mackie a 9 'cause they are just too damn heavy and hard to clean!
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good value" submitted January 13, 2010

Musical Background: Touring sound engineer
Sound: Good sounding considering the relatively low price range. Better pattern control than some Mackie offerings. Feature: Not many features, but that's a good thing in this case. Ease of Use: Very simple to use. Great. Quality: Good build quality and relatively lightweight. This is the case with most JBL products (JRX junk excepted). Value: Considering its competition in this price range, this is a good product. Please keep in mind that this is a relatively inexpensive speaker in the world of SR. It might be one of the more expensive models on websites such as this one intended primarily for amateur users, but it is absolutely not in the same league (or price range) as professional level gear. I say this mostly in response to posters who sometimes assume that the badge says "JBL" and therefore it must be a professional product. If you are looking for pro level JBL, look at the VP series and Vertec series products. In its relatively low priced market (upper end MI) it does well.

When you call, mention priority code 14J5-YNMR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976