When you call, mention priority code 145Y-HWZ6

Rating and Reviews: JBL MSC1 Monitor Control

Control all monitoring from one station that lets you easily balance output levels and calibrate your speakers with the room for optimal sound quality.

"Well-built Monitor Controller" submitted December 19, 2010

Music Style: All except New Country
Sound: Sound remains accurate. I've detected very little coloration. Feature: It is a solidly made monitor controller. Allows for multiple inputs and types. Ease of Use: The equipment is extremely easy to use. When doing the room correction analysis procedure, you'll want to take your time in going through the steps. I've messed it up several times by being impatient. Quality: All buttons and controls feel solid. Connections are snug. Value: It is a good value based on its performance and build quality. Manufacturer Support: Have never engage JBL for support. I do appreciate the quality of their customer service documents. The Wow Factor: This is a practical addition to my setup. Overall: As a hobbyist with an above-average home studio setup, this meets my needs to be able switch between multiple inputs and apply room correction eq'ing for mixdowns. The quality of my mixes have definitely improved because I'm no longer fighting against the major disadvantages of my studio room's layout. It is not the ultimate cure-all for one's acoustic challenges but it is a big step in the right direction - most of us can't afford the time/money to tear up a room and rebuild it to typical studio acoustic standards.
19 of 21 people (90.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Terrible" submitted November 17, 2013

By Matt Bailey in Reno, NV
Overall
Overall: First thing I did was plug it into my monitors and got some very startling static crackling. Turned the monitor off immediately and turned the unit off. When I powered the monitor back on, even without the unit being on, my noise floor on the monitor had been raised at LEAST 25 or 30dB. WITH THE UNIT OFF.The 'calibration mic' is a plastic children's toy with a molded permanently attached 1/8" TRS cable. I hooked it up to my RTA and compared to my normal ref mic, doesn't deserve the word 'calibration' in the title AT ALL.I decided maybe I should install the software to see if the noise issues would remove themselves once drivers had been installed. The CD is an unorganized cluster of files that immediately opens a completely unprofessional looking NOTEPAD file to walk you through the non-user friendly setup (first step says "insert CD-R" genius, how else did I get here if I hadn't already done that??). Setup was awful, did NOT like Windows 7 64 bit. Once I got the software open it would not recognize my internal sound card or interface. At this point I packed the unit up...45 minutes of my life wasted.After reading the other reviews I can see now I should have done my homework, bad form JBL...

"BIG ZERO!" submitted February 5, 2013

By Sam Londe in Padadena, CA
Musical Background: Post Sound Professional
Music Style: Post Production
Overall: DO NOT BUY this cheap piece of junk. I've ended up with an expensive low quality paper weight. Went thru the entire tech support and replacement process (which they just shipped my unit back to me unopened!.) The build quality is poor, the cheap Radioshack cables sent with the device had defects. This entire proces waisted no less than 40 hour of my precious time! Sad to say, this product is a joke and I will never buy a JBL product again.

When you call, mention priority code 145Y-HWZ6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976