When you call, mention priority code 14J0-1P11

Rating and Reviews: JBL EON 515XT Loudspeaker

JBL's biggest, baddest EON powered loudspeaker weighs in at only 32.5 lbs -- with a built-in Crown power amp pushing 625 watts through a 15" woofer.

"Excellent Choice For Me!!!!" submitted December 2, 2013

By William Jackson in Tuscaloosa, AL
Musical Background: Drummer/Keyboardist/Producer
Music Style: All Genres
Overall: I purchased 1 515XT from zzounds to use as a keyboard amp & for playing backing tracks whne i gig as a drummer. I was torn between the Roland KC550 & the EON. Alot of my buddies said it was a "no brainer" & that the KC550 was the obvious, most popular choice & the most useful for my situation. I was also skeptical because i hadn't had any experience with the EON but I knew the KC550 well. So long story short I went with the EON & I couldn't be happier. I use it as my keyboard monitor/ Backing tracks with no problem. It has two 1/4 inputs & a xlr input. If i need more inputs I just use my 4 ch sub mixer to handle that. The sound is awesome as it really puts out great. It can handle bass frenquencies as well. This thing is super light and my back appreciates that very much. The KC550 has wheels but its very heavy. I chose to go against the grain and it worked out for me. I'm actually going to buy another 515XT and the EON sub to have a powered small rig for light gigs.

"JBL 515xt" submitted May 6, 2014

By Santiago Munguia in Baytown, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home.
Music Style: Rock, Hip-hop, Country, Mexican
Overall: I am new to pro sound equipment. I purchased the Alto ts115w and I thought it sounded really good until I heard the Jbl speaker. The Jbl can be turned up louder than the Alto without the distortion. And It has a better mixer built in. I wish i would have gone with JBL from the get go.

"JBL EON 515XT" submitted December 9, 2013

By Rob T in Fortmill, SC
Musical Background: 10+ year Pro Mobile DJ
Music Style: Urban, hip hop, Rock, Pop, EDM, Country
Overall: I have used these speakers for over two years now. That's over 208, 4 to 6 hour events running these speakers hard. They are great sounding workhorses and unbeatable at their price point.

"BAD ASS!" submitted April 29, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Music Style: country
Sound: I do an acoustic act at mostly mid-size bars. I have used this twice now and could not be happier. It was between two lesser speakers or one 515XT. I chose the 515XT and sincerely believe I made the right choice. Granted it has only been out twice, but the one XT has been more than enough for both of the rooms! I didn't even have to turn the speaker volume past 5. The clarity of my guitar and my vocals are superb. I go through a direct box into a Yamaha MG82CX. The mix is great. Ease of Use: Can't get any easier. Quality: It is hard to answer this after a short time but the JBL reputation says alot. It seems very solid and looks great. I have ordered a bag to carry it in to avoid any scratches on the sleek exterior. Value: I am very pleased with the value, even if I could only afford one right now. With my show sounding better than ever hopefully I will have to buy a second soon enough! The Wow Factor: Sleek and sexy. Hell, I bought a $150 bag for her so she keeps her beautiful finish. The white light in the front is cool as well. Overall: For what I do I can't imagine needign to upgrade. I could ounly see buying another or more!
11 of 14 people (78.57%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"JBL EON 515XT Powered 2-Way Loudspeaker " submitted October 23, 2012

By Tim S in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All
Overall: Awesome sounding speakers I own K12s but I like these way better for sound and quality and wow factor. Best sounding speakers I own. I tried the new peavey impulse 12 and they were defective and have fellow DJs from N.A.M.E. finding the peaveys fective also. I keep trying and using others, but I always seem to go back to JBLs. This one is JBL and Crown amp together. You can't get any better then that.
14 of 18 people (77.78%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Love My EON 515XT;s" submitted May 12, 2013

By Rich D in Lancaster, CA
Overall
Musical Background: love speakers been buliding them for years,
Music Style: All
Overall: Love my music and need it loud and clear , these do the job very well. they are so easy to hook up. even sound great a lower volume. I plug in my mp3 and plug them into the wall and the fun begins .

"Sexiest and loudest EON ever!" submitted December 21, 2011

Musical Background: 20
Music Style: United States
Sound: Sound quality is amazing. Very smooth Highs and mids and great bass response for a speaker of this size and weight. It works very well in small to medium venues. You'll need add'l speaker coverage for large open rooms. For the best sound i recommend Levels at 3 o'clock, Highs at 1 o'clock and Lows at 11 o'clock. Feature: The handles on the sides and top is very userful. The illuminated logo on the front is very sexy and let's you know power status without having to go behind the speaker. Also the built-in mixer and line-out options make it very flexible. Ease of Use: It is very easy to get great sound from these speakers. I highly recommend reading the manual so you under you to use the built-in mixer. Also make sure you set your levels starting from the source to the speakers. Quality: The product is very well made. It feels very durable and is looks like it will last a very long. In order to keep the speaker looking pristine i highly recommend the speaker case. Value: This product is worth it's selling price and is a better buy compared to other powered speakers of equal or smaller size. The Wow Factor: The JBL EON 515XT is just sexy. Other DJ's and clients drool when i whip them out of the case. Overall: My last set of loudpspeakers were purchased in 2000. I expect to keep these for at least that long.
13 of 17 people (76.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best in class powered" submitted December 19, 2013

By byron W in Qns, NY
Musical Background: Professionaly
Music Style: Hiphop
Overall: Beautiful sounding speaker with a thump and crisp highs

"My Secret Weapon "EON 515XT"" submitted March 17, 2014

By Stanley W in Harvey, LA
Musical Background: Party Bus
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B, New Orleans Rebirth, Rock and whatever else the customer wants to hear
Overall: I was struggling with Car Audio Equipment in my Party Bus I.E. Power Amp over heating, weak and limited sound from 6x9 speakers plus high maitenance to keep the system sounding good. My JBL EON 515Xts (one in the front and one in the back) satisfies any type of music on or off the bus and I dont need a sub-woofer because 15 inch woofers delivers more than enough bass to keep my crowd very happy. I know it sounds a bit much on a full size bus but I can deliver a constant, clear sound through a crowded bus with no problems for hours. My longest party was 9 hours straight (thats how we party in New Orleans). The EONs however does have a hissss when no music is playing, but so what. Its been six months so far and every Party I have ever given with my EONs has been a big success.

"JBL EON 515xt" submitted April 20, 2013

By juan espinal in brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: professional dj
Music Style: spanish..and all type
Overall: very clear sound..not to much bass at the bottom end but let me tell you..if you add a sub to these speakers..they will do there job..nice mids and highs..i dont regret buying these..i beleive some are confused from the 515 and this 515xt total defference..in sound..give them a try..and hear for yourself

"all the power and quality sound in an attractive well made lightweight package" submitted October 2, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: active musician/ karaoke dj sound man
Music Style: rock, country, techno
Sound: Sound is simply incredible i play many different venues of different sizes and accoustics and they are by far the best i have heard. The easy carry handles and lightweight design make for an easy unload and pack up. would highly recomend these and am actually purchasing a second pair for monitors Ease of Use: plug and play Quality: attractive cabinet. no rattles or squeaks as with some others well made Value: well worth it Overall: very satisfied

"JBL EON 515XT Speaker" submitted February 15, 2014

By H. M in McAllen, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar and bass guitar but had been looking for some good speakers to jam at home.
Music Style: Tejano and country
Overall: Great product and great customer service!!! The EON has great, powerful, and very clear sound and the buying process at zZounds was easy and fast! The approval of the payment plan was fast and the product was delivered promptly! Definitely buying a 2nd EON from zZounds! :)

"Poor Build Quality " submitted September 23, 2012

By Ross M in Rosamond, CA
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All
Overall: I had the EON 15 G2 for years and beat the heck out of them with hundreds of demanding jobs. Just after four wedding the new EON 515xt are falling apart inside. When the bass hits there is a terrible rattle coming from inside both cabinets. I though it was the wing nut bolt, but no it's really something making a terrible rattling from within the cabinets. My old EON15 G2s were made here in the US and these are made in China. Another reviewer on another site has a DJ that said he had a wire come loose inside his cabinet in one of his EON 515xt's. Too bad JBL isn't what is used to be. Now it's Harmon not really JBL from what I hear.
11 of 19 people (57.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"not so sure!!" submitted March 11, 2013

By lonny Gauthier in Cypress, TX
Overall
Musical Background: DJ about 20 times per year !!
Music Style: Mostly Country
Overall: I purchased the JBL EON 515 when it first came out 4 years ago , since then one of the speakers amps quit ! That was in the beginning of the third year so it was still under warranty , got fixed ! Just had the same speaker amp stop working again ! Now not under warranty and is in the repair shop! I use the speakers about 24 times per year !! My speakers are not the JBL EON 515 XT but im disappointed mine have not been as dependable as i thought !

When you call, mention priority code 14J0-1P11. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976