When you call, mention priority code 1732-YPZT

Rating and Reviews: Jackson SLX Soloist

Feel the super-fast action of the Jackson SLX Soloist. This riff machine comes loaded with two Duncan Designed humbuckers and a genuine Floyd Rose tremolo.

"This guitar plays better than it looks." submitted November 9, 2013

By Eric B in San Antonio, TX
Musical Background: Bedroom musician
Music Style: Punk, Metal
Sound: This is a great sounding guitar. Pick ups are SUPER hot. In the bridge position you get the classic metal sound for pinch squeals and the such showcasing the very trebly side of things, move to the middle position and you get a slight more mellow sound but still very clean and articulate using both the pickups, and the bridge position is great for rhythm guitar. Feature: Great pickups for the money. I have owned other guitars with the EMG HZ system and was not impressed, but they sound great on this guitar. Ease of Use: The SLXQ has a nice thin neck but the finish, I think, hinders the speed of movement. The finish looks NOTHING like it does online when you buy the Cherry Sunburst. No amount of light gives it that great look. Out of the box, this guitar took some tuning and that was it. Most of my guitars went to a luthier for setup, but not this time. Overall: Great sounding guitar, well built, and finished. Not the color of burnt cherry sunburst you see online though, not even close. Out of the box I only had to tune and install the whammy bar, thats it! My last Jackson, I had to have a full set up done for a horrible rattle on the G and get the rest dialed in. Had the Kawasabi Green been available I would have grabbed that for sure or sent this back for it. Other than the color, I am very satisfied with my purchase from not only Jackson but zZsounds. My 10th purchase from them and every time it has been very smooth.

"This guitar surpassed my expectations!" submitted June 23, 2014

By Narciso Sotomayor in Santa Barbara, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing professionally for 5 decades, guitars and bass.
Music Style: Jazz, Classical, Rock
Overall: The Jackson SLX Soloist Electric Guitar came promptly, as usual when it pertains to zZounds, which is one of the many reasons I get most of my gear from them; I took it out of its box, ithought it looked beautiful! and started to play it immediately and couldn't believe how well made it is, what great action it has and how sweet it sounded. You want to know what else I loved? I bought it at a very affordable price and thanks to zZounds I could do it in installments, which made this one of my best purchases in a long time! Love my Jackson and love zZounds!

"Jackson SLX Soloist Electric Guitar" submitted August 31, 2012

By Matthew D in Tacoma, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I jam at home and been doing it for 18 years.
Overall: I tried this guitar at a local guitar shop and fell in love right away but the price was a little steep for me to buy in one lump sum. Thanks to zZounds.com I am able to make affordable payments on it. I received the guitar and had it set up by a local luthier. It is a really nice guitar. All the reviews and videos of people playing this guitar on the internet are not accurate at all. I recommend trying this guitar out for yourself. But take my word if you flat out just buy it you won't be disappointed. But be prepared to pay for a setup and re-string.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Jackson Soloist SLX Black" submitted November 19, 2014

By Del H in Emmett , ID
Overall
Musical Background: Professional guitarist composer and engineer. I have been playing for 38 years.
Music Style: I play rock, metal, blues and fusion Jazz.
Sound: I found that the stock Duncan Designed H102 pickups sounded a bit muddy and tended to smear the mids. Rolling back the volume cleans up the sound as expected, but rolled off the highs as well. In the week or so I've been playing this guitar, I've already installed an EMG 81/85 set and replaced the Korean made Floyd Rose Special with a German made Floyd Rose Original term. These two mods have made this guitar sound a lot more defined in the mids. Feature: The Soloist neck through body design at an affordable price should be very attractive to an intermediate guitarist who wants a well built instrument they can modify or upgrade. The neck thru design makes playability in the 12 to 24th fret area a lot easier than a comparable bolt on or set neck. The Basswood body keeps the guitar light which has been great for long practice sessions and extended sets. The zinc alloy Floyd Rose Special is good trek, but in my opinion deadened the resonance and lacked the sustain I'm used to getting out of steel Floyd. Ease of Use: The trek needed to be adjusted and reintonated when I received as I tune a half step down. I am sure it would have been spot on in standard tuning. The action is low and buzz free. In every way the feel and action was comparable to my Pro Series Rhoads RR5. Except, I had to redress the frets as they were not properly polished and felt gritty. Quality: The guitar is very well made at the price point the guitar is targeted for. I would consider another if Zzounds offered the product in its slime green color option. I would however consider making the same changes. I would also consider a pro series sl2 given the costs of the mods I have made. Value: I feel the Jackson SLX is a great value when compared to other Superstrats in this price range. A person would be hard pressed to find a comparable neck thru guitar at this price point. Manufacturer Support: I have never had a problem with a Jackson that I've owned. The Wow Factor: For the intermediate guitarist and even some pros this might be an easy buy just from the fact that it's hard to find a neck thru guitar with this quality of build. And upgraded pickups are easy to come by, and you can make it sound the way you would like. Overall: A great value for a neck thru guitar. You will not find a comparable guitar at this price point.

"Great guitar and a great price!!...Long live metal!" submitted April 4, 2013

By Daniel Sauer in Minneapolis, MN
Musical Background: Semi Pro half my life
Music Style: Metal-smooth jazz
Overall: I have always loved Jackson as a trash player and I recently bought this product on zzounds and for the money it's a great guitar..I have read other reviews here and people seem to complain about the EMG's that come with the guitar from the factory...well, they clearly are not playing this guitar out of a Mesa Boogie triple rec...Because I have absolutly no complaints with the quality sound these affordable EMG's provide on that note!. It's nice to get a Jackson thats a neck through solid bad ass guitar for 600$.

When you call, mention priority code 1732-YPZT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976