When you call, mention priority code 20K-MKHF

Rating and Reviews: Jackson Pro Soloist SL2QM

This Pro Soloist SL2Q pairs a mahogany body with its maple quilt top. With a 12"-16" compound-radius ebony fretboard, it's a lightning-fast metal machine.

"worth it" submitted April 2, 2016

By ronnie sampson in winchester, VA
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: rock ,metal
Overall: Just got this guitar today 04/02/2016 sent back a esp with emg that I wasn't happy with. This guitar was a different story, looks feel sound blows the esp away. The neck is awesome and the pickups rock. This is suppose to be a metal machine and it is, but select the neck and tweak the volume and the cleans sound great to. No problems with the trem other than a small adjustment to level it out other than that seems set up pretty well. My only issue was which color to get root beer or trans blue both are gorgeous. I'm no pro or anything but in my opinion you wont go wrong getting this guitar. I bought the case for mine would recommend you do to. Didn't rate manufacturer support because haven't used them.

"Jackson Pro Soloist sl2q mah" submitted March 16, 2017

By roland lemus in corydon, IN
Overall
Musical Background: 35 Years of playing guitar off and on, Rock, Metal, blues. Gutiar
Music Style: Rock, Metal, blues
Sound: For my style for rock and metal, and even blues, it meets all my needs there. It has a nice ability to squeal very easily and harmonics are easy to perform as well. Feature: I really like the Floyd Rose on this, it is so easy to use, not post issues when I lowered the action, just make sure you know you will have to adjust the screws on the back a little if you start to tune sharp. I had that problem, but now it is all adjusted nicely. I really like the fact that the guitar is not heavy, and I can stand and play for hours without noticing how much it weighs. The tremolo bar works well for flutter action and deep and pull up action for the floyd. No retuning issues. Ease of Use: If you are not a good trouble shooter and have no idea what you are doing and cannot understand tutorials from Youtube, for the floating bridge, then is is not for you. It will need some minor adjustments to fit your gauge of strings and how you like to play. However, if that is all old hat for you, for the money this is a very nice guitar! Quality: I think this is made very well and sturdy, more sturdy than some Ibanez's in the same price range. I will probably get flack for that, but just saying. Value: YES. Manufacturer Support: I tried to email Jackson and didn't hear back from them, so I would not hold your breath if you need something from them the same day, they are not as responsive as I would have liked. However, zZounds is immediate! I love the support! The Wow Factor: I would buy it again. The neck took some getting used too, but it is thin and access is great, so nothing would change my mind about it now. Overall: I love the way the guitar sounds, looks, and plays. I was not disappointed and while this is my first real floating bridge Tremolo floyd rose system guitar. I so glad I decided to get it. First off the guitar's finish is stunning, to me I just love the way it looks and the pictures are no real justice to the in person view. I looked the guitar over in great detail and there were no, none, nada blemishes or issues with the finish or the functioning parts, the tuners, bridge, pickups, volume, toggle, binding, all in great shape. I checked the neck for any excessive bends, and the ebony fretboard was in great shape. I put out a YT vid on the unboxing. I bought the case with it as well. I didn't like the DAddario strings that it came with, they ALWAYS turn my fingertips black, and I changed them out after day one with Ernie Ball Cobalts.However, I had to unscrew the back plate and screw down the screws from the bridge down about 5 or 6 turns, I was tuning too sharpe and it caused a lot grief for me since I am all new to the process, but once I got it in tune, and lowered the action, it plays wonderfully. The pickups are high on the distortion end, which I don't mind for the metal I play. It does play clean as well but it is not deep in tone like my Gibson LP. I love this guitar.

"Just what I was looking for" submitted February 22, 2017

By Doug P in Inver Grove Heights, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, 28 years, guitar.
Music Style: Rock, metal, classic rock.
Overall: I bought this guitar in Alien Burst finish a couple days ago after much searching. Prior to this, the next closest thing I owned was a '91 Ibanez RG-750. That's a great guitar, original owner, been through a lot with it, but I never did care for the thin neck. Finally, I bit on this Jackson. The feel and finish is amazing. Build is flawless. It sounds like a toothy beast with the Duncan Distortions. In fact, almost too snarly. I toyed with experimenting with pickups before even hearing the guitar. For my ears, I think switching out to a slightly lower output, same harmonics, but swap just a wee bit of that bright edge for a hint of warm mids, and it would be spot on. I play through an ENGL Ironball, so the Distortion pup may be a bit hot for the level of gain that amp has...I hear a 'pushed' ragged edge in the tone. The location of the volume knob is tucked back just out of the pick path, but still an easy reach for the pinky. Perfect location in my book; no accidental volume adjustments.

"Beautiful lil' shred stick" submitted March 24, 2017

By Topher Moreno in Temple, TX
Musical Background: 6 years for fun at home
Music Style: rock, 80's hard rock/metal
Overall: This guitar is even prettier in real life. It had a darker and more full blue color than appears on the photo. The guitar is light and has so much clearance on the upper frets that I'm having to relearn how to play up high. The 22nd fret feels just like I'm playing on the 12th fret. The neck is that comfortable. The compound neck really makes a difference as well. I've never played a guitar that can bend a string up to 4 half steps so easily. The first time I played one, I was deciding between an ESP MH1000 and the Schecter C1 hybrid (which also felt really nice). However, it seemed like merely comparing two guitars was not official enough so I picked a random other guitar to throw into the mix just to make me feel like I was really choosing from a lot of good metal choices. Unfortunately for the other two, the Jackson blew them out of the water. My left hand instantly fell in love with the shape and especially the oiled texture of the neck. The seymour duncan pickups sounded much better to me than the EMG's of the other two guitars and thus the Jackson took first place. I saved up for 6 months and got one. This may be for professionals, but if you consider your self a part time 80's metal head want-to-be, look no further. The only complaint - It has made me question whether or not I should quit medical school and move back in with my parents to play guitar all day and pretend to be a budding musician. I wonder if they'd be ok with that...

When you call, mention priority code 20K-MKHF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976