When you call, mention priority code 14R1-0NKP
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Jackson Pro Soloist SL2

Lead fearlessly with the SL2Q Pro Soloist. With a through-body three-piece maple neck and an ebony fingerboard, this stunning Jackson has an incredible feel.

"Freakin Amazing" submitted October 7, 2013

By Adam H in Sherman, TX
Musical Background: 25 yr semi-pro guitarist
Music Style: Christian, rock, metalcore
Sound: I love the pickup choice. The JB and 59' are a great combination. I like the punch and warmth the ebony fretboard gives it and the harmonics are crystal clear. Feature: Like I said, I love the ebony fretboard. It's fast and plays like butter. I really like the finish on the back of the neck, you don't have to worry about your hand slowing by sticking to the neck as with a gloss finish. Quilted maple top was darker than I expected which was actually a good thing. The Floyd is not the knock off, it's the real deal. Ease of Use: A little tuning and it was ready to shred. Quality: So far, everything looks great. No blemishes, and everything was put together properly. Value: In my opinion, its an excellent value. It has features that are normally installed on higher end instruments. There is remorse or second guessing this purchase. Manufacturer Support: not sure yet. Hope I never have to find out. The Wow Factor: I love the speed and versatility this guitar offers. Overall: I spent a lot of time researching guitars that are built for shredding. I got the opportunity to play a Dinky with the compound radius fretboard with the maple board. I was almost going to purchase that until I happened across the SL2. Right away I saw all the must haves that I was looking for. After looking at it for a day or two, I decided to bite the bullet and take a shot on it. I'm so glad I did. You cannot go wrong with this guitar.

"Jackson Rules!" submitted September 24, 2013

By Thomas C in Richfield Springs, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for 29 yrs. Home recording musician.
Music Style: Metal
Overall: I've owned Jackson guitars in the past and they never disappoint. The neck is by far the best feature. You can play twice as fast on this guitar than on other similar models/manufacturers. There's just somethign about this neck that makes playing that much easier. Out of the box the intonation was perfect. I did not have to mess with anything. The string action was as low as you can possibly have it without any buzzing. This was a first for me having something ship to my home and have it play this good with no need for maintenance. The Seymour Duncan pick-ups are excellent for metal. I've always liked them better than EMG's. The only flaw in this guitar was a little rust spot on one of the tremelo adjusters. Not sure why that would be there. But, I didn't want to exchange it and have a replacement guitar not play as well as this one did right out of the box. Get this axe. You won't be disappointed.

""Like New" Satin Black Blemished Really Is Like New" submitted February 24, 2014

By Robin A in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been Playing Bass Guitar a long time and very, very good, 6 String not as much.
Music Style: Blues based Rock, Heavy Fusion Metal, Jazz Country Punk and Standards... you know, all the fun stuff to do.
Overall: If your in the market for a guitar and want to save some cash I strongly suggest this is the way to go. I just received a SL2 "Like New" and couldn't be happier especially at saving about $270 off the price of a new virgin unit. Maybe the luck of the draw was with me because it is like a brand new guitar that was a return. No scuffs, scrapes, scratches, dings or dents whatsoever. I can tell it was sent out at least once, possibly twice, and returned but that's it. It's more like it was pre tested in the field then blemished.The instrument itself plays like butter and the S.D. pickups are a fantastic combo whose tonal quality that can cover many genres of music. The Black Satin finish is really beautiful to my eye and has a "All Business" look to it like a Glock. The pictures of it don't do it justice even at the Jackson site.

"Jackson Soloist SL2" submitted April 18, 2014

By scott r in medina, MN
Overall
Musical Background: just mess around at home
Music Style: metal and all subgenres
Overall: Helpful salesperson when I called to check on a color I could not find elsewhere and zzounds had it. Received it within the week, pulled it out of the box and it was in tune and plays fabulous.

"Excellent Guitar Best Ive owned" submitted November 6, 2013

By John N in Cape Coral, FL
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock Metal
Overall: Hi I am by no means an expert on guitars but ive owned some pretty expensive ones from Ibanez to different LTD's and Schecters and I can say without a doubt this is the best 1 ive ever played. The neck on this guitar is the best part it makes me not want to put it down it plays so nicely and fits my hand so well ! Ive played on the 2000.00 + Jackson USA soloist and I can say this easily holds its own against it. I wanted the red finish but they were out of it so I went with the flat black and love the look of it.. It screams METAL LoL All in all very very happy with this purchase.. I always wanted a Jackson USA soloist but after buying this I don't think I need 1 anymore because for half the price I have a guitar that's every bit as good and I cant see plopping down over 1000.00 more just to get a guitar that is labled as USA..

"SL2" submitted October 20, 2013

By Harvey M in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Musical Background: Hobbyist/Pro
Music Style: rock,blues,jazz,prog
Overall: The guitar is built in Indonesia. Not bad for the price point and neck thru construction. I swapped out pick ups for Dimarzio D-Activator X set. Much better. I tweaked the action to my liking. I pimped out the Floyd Rose with a 37mm brass block and old style trem arm. The trem arm that comes with guitar always came loose. Guitar stays in tune and now is perfect for me. I bought this guitar knowing I would up grade it. My small investment turned a 900 dollar guitar into a 2300 dollar guitar. The neck thru construction is what won me over. I am very happy with this guitar. There are no neck issues or it would have went back.

"Jackson Pro Soloist SL2 Electric Guitar" submitted February 20, 2014

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: Rock, Folk
Overall: Bought the Satin Black "Blemished" version. I have never played a Jackson before so I didn't know what to expect but the specs and price seemed too good to be true. It arrived well-packed in a box within a box. Guitar was well-finished, setup absolutely perfect with incredibly low action, neck feels great, intonation spot-on, incredible access all the way up the neck, and the Floyd Rose also set perfect. Someone in Indonesia really knows how to do a setup! The only minor issue is some sharp fret ends. Guitar stays in tune after tremolo workout and from one day to the next (I'm really surprised). I'm not a shredder; I play rock and folk. Pickups sound great when played clean. This is a keeper. btw, no issue w/manufacturer support, I haven't needed any.

"Love It!!!" submitted November 17, 2013

By George Stone in Boise, ID
Musical Background: 30 yrs playing guitar
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, and Blues
Overall: This thing is gorgeous! This is my third neck-thru Jackson, and it is by far the best. The unpainted neck makes it super fast-no stickiness when you sweat-makes it a shredder's dream! The feel is great(not too heavy), the SD pickups sound fantastic, and it never goes out of tune! Highly recommended!!

"Jackson Soloist Pro SL2" submitted December 31, 2013

By Matt A in bristol, CT
Musical Background: Guitar for 34 years
Overall: Great guitar, Zzounds was a pleasure to deal with. There were some issues with the guitar but to no fault of Zzounds,after my luthier fixed it all ,this guitar plays like a dream,super low action,fast neck, solidly made

"Fantastic guitar!" submitted May 18, 2014

By Luis H in Richmond, VA
Music Style: 70's - 90's Rock, metal and speed metal
Overall: This is an amazing guitar, well built, wonderful components, and the most playable neck I have ever used.

"Jackson Pro Soloist" submitted February 10, 2014

By Ronnie Richardson in des moines, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Semi Proffesional lead guitarist 35 yrs.
Music Style: Hard Rock Metal
Overall: Awesome guitar for the money, sounds great, Floyd Worked Flawlessly ! just can't live without that USA model that I have played for years, so I had to return it and Upgrade! P.S. Super fast neck very thin watchout for some sharp fret ends though!

"jackson pro soloist SL2 TRANSPARENT RED" submitted October 29, 2013

By michael bustamante in huntington beach, CA
Musical Background: 20 yrs playing
Music Style: rock metal
Overall: awesome guitar great out of box fast neck love the original floyd rose tremolo second jackson guitar and this one plays better than the first love the color and the pick uos are great love the guitar

"jackson pro soloist SL2 TRANSPARENT RED " submitted October 7, 2013

By michael bustamante in huntington beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: play gibson les paul custom two jackson soloist 20yrs exp playing in bands
Music Style: rock and metal
Overall: AWESOME GUITAR ACTION PLAYABILITY PERFECT ZZOUNDS GREAT SELECTION AND PRICE PLUS PAS AS YOU PLAY GREAT PLAN WILL SPREAD THE WORD ZZOUNDS TO ALL MY FRIENDS THANKS AGAIN LOOK FORWARD TO DOING BUSINESS AGAIN .

When you call, mention priority code 14R1-0NKP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976