When you call, mention priority code 174R-PWML

Rating and Reviews: Jackson DK2M Dinky

Name aside, this guitar's sound is anything but dinky. Its Floyd Rose tremolo, Duncan humbuckers and a speedy maple neck make it great for playing solos.

"well worth the money" submitted September 21, 2013

By Anthony Smith in Scranton, PA
Overall
Musical Background: been Playing guitar for seven months and love it.
Music Style: I play classic rock, 80's metal and new rock and alternative.
Sound: The sound quality of this guitar is amazing. I was a little nervous about the cleans because of Jacksons reputation as a metal guitar. This guitar did not disappoint you can get any sound you are looking for from sparkling cleans to the darkest metal tone. my style is classic rock, 80's metal, and new rock and alternative so I use a lot of different tones and have no problems with this guitar. Feature: the best feature for me is the neck. I love the compound radius 12 to 16 makes shredding much easier. oil finished neck maple fingerboard it was made to be played. I can't put it down. I was worried about the 3 bolt neck, don't it is as sturdy as my 4 bolt Fender Stratocaster. The Seymour Duncan pickups are spot on giving you any tone you want. All components on this guitar in my opinion are top notch. maybe not the best but certainly good enough that nothing will have to be upgraded to gig with this machine. And the quality is good enough you probably won't need a back up. Ease of Use: From the beginner to the seasoned pro this guitar is right for you. I know its personal preference but form a playability and quality standpoint you can't go wrong. set your amp and play with no worries. Quality: this is one of the best quality guitars I own. again it is no custom shop guitar but I didn't pay for that and don't expect that. I expect I will have this guitar for a very long time. and will be getting another one as soon as I finish paying for this one. Thank you Zzounds for pay as you play. Value: At this price point you can't go wrong. it is a beautiful guitar that plays as good as it looks. Buy it you won't be sorry. Manufacturer Support: We will find out how Jackson handles complaints as my guitar was missing the tremolo bar. I called Zzounds on a Saturday. On Monday they emailed me that they didn't carry the part I needed and they actually emailed Jackson for me. Zzounds has been an amazing company. customer service going way above and beyond what was expected. Hopefully Jackson will step up like Zzounds time will tell. The Wow Factor: The wow factor for me was the color chlorine burst is amazing and I had to have it just for that reason. The fact that is plays as good as it looks is a bonus. Overall: I bought the dk2m pro in chlorine burst and there is nothing I don't like about this guitar from the color to the playability this is now my number one guitar.

"A few steps up from the MIJ model and surprising too :)." submitted October 20, 2014

By Mr. Legato
Overall
Musical Background: Mostly home jamming, not much of a market around where I'm at for the music I do, METAL :).
Music Style: Metal, Thrash, Death Metal, Speed Metal, Hard rock, Blues, Classical and Neo-classical.
Sound: It's a great sounding. It has the JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. Because it has an Alder body, pure maple neck and a Floyd Rose 1000 series tremolo with the brass block it resonate very well. I like the fact the pickup selector is 5 way for more sound options, but the only reason I took off one star was because if they actually used a pure coil split it would be perfect. Feature: Alder body, Floyd Rose 1000 series tremolo system(which blows away the special and licensed versions) , pure maple neck, 16 to 12 compound radius, Seymour Duncan SH-4 and SH-1, a 3 piece bolt on neck with a 3 bolt design that allows for easy access to the highest frets, neck reinforced with 2 graphite rods for road stability, 1 volume and 1 tone knob and a 5 way pickup selector that splits the coil. Pos 1 full bridge, pos 2 the 2 inside coils of both pickups, pos 3 both full pickups, pos 4 the outside coil of the neck and pos 5 the full neck. It came with strap locks, but they didn't stay in place and were total junk so they don't count. Maybe some of you may get lucky and get a set that actyually does lock in place and stays there. Mine didn't. Ease of Use: Like any Floyd Rose guitar, can be tricky if you never used one, but the playability is awesome and once you get the nag of using a Floyd system for string changing and tuning you're set. Quality: Actually I was surprised. This guitar is better made than the MIJ models. This is a MIM model and the quality control must be great because when I got it I didn't have to do much to it. I raised the pickup height a little and fine tuned it because it was close, but a little off and that was it. The action was set well. It could be lowered a bit, but I already have 2 other guitars with low action and I wanted something a little higher for a different feel. Value: It was less expensive on this website then any other online retailer so I'm happy. Considering it's better than my original MIJ version with better features and a better tone the value is awesome for me. Manufacturer Support: I have no clue, I didn't have to deal with them. The Wow Factor: No guitar really wows me. If it's way over priced it would, but I think it was money well spent. Overall: Actually I did a video review on this guitar so you could first hand get my input. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFp7RTlRGK8

"dinky pro" submitted May 10, 2014

By Frank Rapstine in Amarillo, TX
Musical Background: 35 years on guitar
Music Style: METAL
Overall: WOW, WHAT A COOL AX,awesome tones due to JB bridge pickup and the jazzy neck pickup with 5 way switch.Kudos for the Jackson speed neck.Killer metal guitar, none better for the money.

"Nice deal" submitted December 21, 2014

By Ernest K in Riverside, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Im 51, played since I was 8. No band these days, just for fun now.
Music Style: Original rock, metal, and classical.
Overall: I got this at about 1/2 off because is was a blem. There was nothing wrong with it. All it needed was a set up. This Jackson Dinky has the original Floyd, along with some S.D. pickups that sound great clean, and pushed with OD for the metal sound it was made for. The flat black finish I have looks tough, along with the maple unfinished oiled neck that feels so nice. I love this thing.

"Love the fell" submitted November 7, 2014

By Chanzelee G in Houston, TX
Musical Background: 6 + years
Music Style: Metal blues mathcore stuff
Sound: Sound is great for what a play u know black dahlia murder Pantera even some blues stuff like stevie ray vaughan Feature: I like the neck bolt it's 3 not 4 so u can get to all 24 frets with no probs Quality: It's crafted to last Value: Oh yes it is The Wow Factor: The grey sunburst is a real eye catcher love it Overall: The neck is perfect it nice an flat easy to play chords etc. the paint job is mind blowing body is nice an light but still a solid made guitar haven't played with the whammy yet but Iam sure it's bad ass an will hold the tune pluse the Seymour Duncan(R) Zebra JB(TM) TB4 Direct an Seymour Duncan(R) Zebra '59(TM) SH1N are a perfect pair

When you call, mention priority code 174R-PWML. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976