When you call, mention priority code 20Y-YGHC

Rating and Reviews: Jackson JS1X Rhoads

This JS1X is the perfect compact guitar for aspiring shredders or anyone who needs an easy-traveling guitar brimming with Jackson features, tone and attitude.

"Reasonable Expectations" submitted November 29, 2015

By Kich Kich in Fort Worth, TX
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, ambient
Overall: This is a cool little guitar. I bought it for the novelty of it, to jam on the couch with and to travel with. It's exactly what is advertised. Consider the price point and adjust your expectations accordingly. Mine is solid and resonant, with no sharp fret edges etc... the neck joint seems nice and snug. The hardware is decent. The pickups are surprisingly pleasant. Clear with lots of bite, and respond well to pick dynamics and volume changes. They're no Duncan's or dimarzios, but I don't feel the need to rush out and change them tomorrow... The machine heads are a little sketchy, and it'd be nice to get a gig bag considering how difficult it will likely be to find one, but overall a nifty little guitar.

"It's a guitar" submitted February 14, 2017

By Gary B in Louisville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Play at home off and on all my life
Music Style: Rock, classic rock, classical.
Overall: You get what you pay for and I bought this knowing that it was cheap, $170.00 bucks what can you expect? My grandson seemed interested in my guitar which is a 2017 Les Paul Bourbon Burst. He is 9, so needless to say I wasn't about to turn him loose with a $2800.00 guitar. So I bought this guitar to see if he really had interest in learning before getting something better, unfortunately he did not. The small size however was perfect for him This would be an excellent guitar for a child to learn on, but that's about it.. it's nice to sit on the couch and run scales while your watching TV due to it's small size. The pick-up is really dirty to my ear and the 3 position switch doesn't make a lot of difference in the tones switching between the pickups. The long part of the V (top) sticks way out and you will bang it on everything, I couldn't imagine how Randy played a full size without knocking over everything. I went through the setup on it and I had to set the action way high because of fret buzz at frets 1-6. I set the neck truss rod in multiple positions trying to get my action lower but no dice, I ended up setting it to about 10 thousandths at the 7th fret. The neck feels decent , but the frets were sticking out over the fret board and I had to take my dremel and grind them down. the frets were very rough and you could feel the stings grind over them as you bend notes. I used my dremel and a polishing head and smoothed them up really well. The nut also sticks out over the fret board also and will poke you hand as well. One good thing is, You can put a set of 9 gauge Ernie Balls super slinky on this guitar and bend to the moon and back. All in all after a few adjustments it's playable and decent to OK sound but, I wouldn't purchase this one again. This could have been just one bad guitar out of 100 so to say, or they all may be just cheap. If you decide to get this guitar make sure you life the volume and tone knobs up a bit because they were pused all the way down into the finish on mine and ended up scratching the finish under the knobs. you can't see it but it's there.

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-YGHC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976