When you call, mention priority code 1752-CB7X

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Jackson SL2H Soloist

This neck-through-body beauty is a USA-made metal machine. With dual Seymour Duncan humbuckers and a Floyd Rose tremolo, the SL2H Soloist was built to rock.

""The Blue Shark"" submitted January 30, 2012

By Michael F in Madison, WI
Overall
Musical Background: I've played Drums for 35 years professionally and Guitar for 3 years now.
Music Style: Rock, Jazz
Overall: What more can I say that hasn't already been said.....! This guitar is hands down "Beautiful"....! When I first saw it on zZounds site I knew I had to have it. The lines of the SL2H Soloist are INSANE.......!!! You should see this Bad Boy in the sun. The Transparent Blue looks amazing...! This guitar is extremely well built, the neck is ultra smooth, the weight is perfect, and it sounds incredible....! The one thing I wish Jackson would start doing is wrap the body with a binding like Les Paul and Shechter do, that would be the icing on the cake. You won't regret buying this guitar....!

"Incredible sound! Astute design! Top shelf quality guitar in both physical appearance and sound. I will never look back." submitted April 15, 2010

Musical Background: guitar virtuoso
Music Style: Progressive rock
Sound: Best guitar I've ever owned! Bought it right here from Zzounds about 3 years ago. The sound is incredible for soloing! I can get any sound I like out of it, blues, rock, jazz, metal, it's all there! Some people may like different pickups, but I have no problems and will never change them! Also, the old saying holds true to "crap in, crap out" and with this guitar it's "gold in, gold out". Everything I plug it into sounds great! Either an expensive Marshall or a cheap Digitech or PoD product, it all sounds great! This guitar will make you want to practice more, that's how great it sounds! (note, I do not work for Fender or Jackson). Feature: Floyd Rose, Mother of pearl inlays, Seymour Duncan's, the best quality stuff you can find. This guitar is almost exactly the same as the KV2 other than the body shape. Ease of Use: I've been playing this guitar every day for about 3 years now and find it very hard to put down. This guitar plays like butter and when you put some finger ease string lubricant on it, you will play like lightning and thunder! Arpeggios are but a breeze on this thing. I feel like I can play anything. Quality: The quality of this guitar is what i call craftsmanship, it's not that heavy nor too light. After 3 years of everyday playing it is only now starting to go out of intonation a little and the Floyd Rose screws are getting a little rusty, but i live in a high humidity climate so that is expected. Value: They could easily have charged more for this and I would have still bought it and kept it. The only other guitar I found to have sound equally as good would be, a high end Hamer Elite. I think it is a fair value for someone who is serious about playing guitar. I mean, why else would Randy Rhoads, Marty Friedman, Kerry King, Etc. play them? Because they are just like a vintage Marshall stack, "You've tried all the rest, now try the best". Manufacturer Support: Never had to call Jackson/Fender! I'm a guitar tech myself so I support myself when needed. The Wow Factor: This guitar has alot of "sex appeal"! When you wear it and play it, women will flock to you like blind sheep! Honestly? Nobody ever notices the guitar once they hear the sound coming from it. Overall: Overall, this is the best guitar I've ever played or owned! I will answer the questions they ask to the best of my knowledge.. How long do you expect to be satisfied with this product before searching for another product? It has been 3 years now and I am very satisfied. Will you supplement it or replace it? never. What would lead you to search for another product - would you wear this out, seek some specific feaures, keep this but seek additional or different sounds and features? The only thing that would lead me to another product would be cash overflow. How would you compare this product to others you considered, and why did you choose this one (if you bought it)? This guitar is top of the shelf. I originally had bought a KV2, after finding it was exactly the same as this guitar, I went with this one instead because of the body shape and the fact that I sit down while playing.

"Superb! " submitted March 2, 2014

By Patrick G in South Jordan, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Novice, self taught.
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues.
Overall: To start, I've made many purchases from Zzounds, to the tune of almost $8k. They have always come through with price matching and responsive service. Now to the guitar - having owned and played many higher end guitars from Gibson, Fender, ESP and Charvel, I have some relatively high standards. I've worked my way up from the $200 entry level guitars and I am fortunate to be able to afford more expensive gear. That said, this Jackson far exceeds my expectations. It's hard to put stock in a review due to the personal excitement and novelty factors. But considering my other guitars are a 2013 Fender Am Std Strat, a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional and a 2013 Charvel Pro Mod I expect my guitars to exhibit a certain level of detail, quality and tone. Even at this price point, I am in awe of how well made this Jackson is. I play better, I sound better, and I don't want to put it down. I was a Les Paul man before this, but this Jackson plays better, sounds better than the Gibson. It really is that good! So happy with this purchase.

"Jackson is still on top regardless of fender's ownership" submitted August 27, 2006

By a customer from home.com
Overall
Musical Background: recording engineer, active musician
Music Style: progressive, neo classical, thrash, drum n bass, etc....
Sound: Sound is awsome even though the clearcoat is thick, I'll never figure out how they do it but it's great!!! The duncans are great solo pickups, I can come close to getting a sound like the EMG's but for articulate solo work, unmatched!! Feature: 5A 1\4 tiger quilt top, real floyd rose, ebony board, real MOP inlays, top line duncan pickups, no complaints at all, Jackson is the rolex of metal guitars period, Ibanez does'nt even come close unless it's a U.S. made LA model!! Ease of Use: I will not modify my Mah SL2, no need to, it is everything I could want in a soloist guitar. This guitar is the most playable out of all my guitars, the only one that comes close is my USA malmsteen strat and my zakk les paul. Quality: It came in perfect working condition, pickups were set properly, floyd was in tune and floating 100% dead on!!! Even though fender bought Jackson, this MAH is still my best guitar period. I have Ibanez, ESP, and a few japanese charvels. The USA jackson is the best one!! Jackson USA, Carvin and Nashville Gibson are still the best guitar makers!! Value: Yes USA Jacksons are higher in price then the rest but you get top quality woods, construction, hardware and setup. Jackson guitars are unmatched, they are not entirely made by machine which is a huge plus unlike overseas competitors.. Manufacturer Support: My only problem is Jackson did'nt do the roswell star as a USA select in 6 or 7 string versions, they would have been awsome with original floyds, 5A tops, etc... I have never had a problem with this jackson and I do not intend to upgrade it, I'm leaving it all original as it was intended to be. AWSOME!!! Jackson support has never been a problem, intonation and neck relief instructions were clear as could be and understandable.. The Wow Factor: I could not find a flaw with it, the finish is perfect, floyd route is dead on, pickup placement and allignment dead on.. These guys know how to build a guitar. Quality control is always a priority or they'll fix it without question if it's a manufacturing issue but that is rare with handmade guitars. Overall: I'm not one of thoes 'tone' guys.. comon 'tone' friggin practice already and quit looking for excuses because of sucking on the guitar!!!! Guys that talk about tone all the time tend not to be very good on the fretboard, they're too busy tweaking the amp or hiding behind thoes excuses. I will not change this guitar, it is perfect for my playing style and I don't have to do much to dial in the guitar on the amp 'shows experience'. I just practice like mad and leave the 'tone' to the angle of the pick, pickups and the amp instead of wasting time and making excuses like a lousy clown ass musician. Practicing is hard enough, 'tone' people need to get real and be real musicians instead of posers!!!!
19 of 26 people (73.08%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Jackson Sl2h Pro" submitted July 5, 2013

By Robert Y in Anchorage, AK
Overall
Musical Background: 9 years of playing, i own a les paul, and i played for a lot of school concerts and competitions.
Music Style: everything
Sound: the sound is absolutely great! for guitar solos to all styles, and for a chugging type of playing, it's a great guitar for that. Feature: it's great, all i care. Ease of Use: It was just marvelous i say. I can sleep with it everyday. Great sizing for people with big or thick fingers. Quality: It is very well done. The only thing that sucked for me was, the neck pickup screw height adjuster wasnt even attached to the pickup. it's not attached still because i don't want to take off anything because i don't want to risk the chance of scratches. I can try to bare with it. Value: It's great for its price. The price is right! Manufacturer Support: never had anyone to talk with The Wow Factor: 100000000000000000000. i am using a 70 dollars amp vox and it sounds like i'm on a tube amp. That is how good this guitar is. Overall: It's amazing! I just bought this guitar and thanks to the july promo going on with the monthly payment. Right when the guitar arrived at my door, i was at joy! Opened it up and more joy rushed right in! When i played it, my body fell asleep. It was that good. It's so good i don't even want to touch it or open the case.

"weapon of choice" submitted February 8, 2006

Music Style: rock,ethno,oldschool heavy metal,pop,blues,thrash
Sound: I never tried the stock pickups Feature: Crafted with great attention to detail,floyd rose,duncans,ebony-this guitar has it all. Quality: Very solid,probably not as tuff as strat but close.Body,neck an machine heads are jackson made and those things jackson makes the best,-tremolo is original floyd rose,duncan,switchcraft(no less than the best components) Value: Its worth the money,- and its not cheap.I paid 1400$ second hand from u.s.In australia it would be over 3000 u.s. $ bought from shop Manufacturer Support: In australia when i ordered another jackson it took it 5 months to come The Wow Factor: When i hold my strat its a instrument,-and when i hold jackson its a weapon.Looks powerfull and agressive.Oldschool metal look:sharkfins,pointy headstock,lot of character.Makes you proud to hold it.Transparen finish is awesome.Painted back of the neck(very smooth)-notice how new guitars have too rough and unlacquered necks. Overall: I keep changing things on it,pickups,i put afterburner,d tuna,-probably will install sustainer and vintage rails in neck to get the strat sound as well.It will be awesome(dont know what 59 sounds like in the neck but this guitar is more strat than anything else)

When you call, mention priority code 1752-CB7X. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976