When you call, mention priority code 1437-J4LB

Rating and Reviews: Izotope Ozone

Put the finishing touches on your tracks with this plug-in's seven audio processors for mastering, designed to bring classic analog sound to your mixes.

"holy crap" submitted July 19, 2007

Music Style: it's all good
Sound: Unbelievable sound quality for the price and for the range of improvements it can make in your final mix. The individual components are really useful and sound great on their own, too...for example, the Mastering Reverb is way better than all the cheesy reverbs in Logic Express. Feature: Kind of overwhelming at first, but the presets help you understand the features and how they interact. Ease of Use: You can start from the dozens of presets and get a good-sounding master in about 5 minutes. Quality: Stable, responsive, reasonable CPU usage Value: $200 for this kind of sound is ridiculously cheap. Overall: If you have any interest in making decent-sounding demos or home studio tracks, as I do, then it's pretty indispensable. Dunno what I did without it...
37 of 38 people (97.37%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Know what you want before you buy....Great Product for me!" submitted June 16, 2008

Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: Rap, Hip Hop, R&B
Sound: I used this application for every song. Any mix will become better once you throw this plug-in on it. Even after I completely finish mixing a track and think it sounds the best it could, I'm proven wrong with this. Any thing you can imagine is achieveable with Ozone. Feature: The presets that come with it are great and work well with just a few tweaks with just about anything. There's also tons of presets to download from the website. Ease of Use: I don't get whats so hard to figure out about this program. Once I installed it, I just opened up either Cubase or Fl Studio and it was available as one of the vst plug-ins. You only get out of it what you put in also. If you don't know how to really work a compressor or read a frequency spectrum then you're wasting your time buying this product. Learn to work a lower end multiband compressor, limiter or equalizer before paying for this. Quality: I can't really imagine something thats all that much better of a mastering plugin. Great buy. Value: $200 is alot for a plugin, but its worth it. Manufacturer Support: Never needed them.

""Can't beat it for the money"" submitted December 11, 2012

By S R in Central New York, NY
Musical Background: Keyboardist, professional musician
Music Style: Christian, Classic Rock
Sound: I was very impressed with the audio quality of Ozone 5, and when added to my mixes, was amazed by its ability to bring out subtle nuances that I hadn't heard before. Feature: The software contains many useful features to cover most mastering tasks including useful "starting point" presets that fit many different type musical genres and situations. I was especially impressed with the pre and post EQs, which also include a feature that allows the user to similarly match the EQ of your mix with the EQ of a commercially produced song. Also included are some excellent mastering effects as well as the obligitory compressor/limiter/maximizer used to boost volume levels. Ease of Use: As mentioned previously, Ozone 5 comes with some very well thought out presets that can help the new user get up and running very quickly. However, there is a definite learning curve to using this software, and the best results will come from taking the time to learn each feature and how they can be" tweaked" to fit the needs of your mix. Quality: The designers of Izotope Ozone 5 seemed to really put a lot of thought into the layout of each module and where each fits in a mastering workflow. The software appears well designed and certainly high quality. Value: In comparing the cost of Izotope Ozone 5 to other similar mastering software, many of which cost hundreds of dollars more,I feel it is an exceptional value. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had a need to contact Izotope tech support so can't provide first hand experience regarding their customer service. However, others I know who have dealt with Izotope have reported fairly quick email responses to questions or concerns. I have been told that there is no phone support, but as noted previously, can't substantiate that personally. The Wow Factor: There's nothing more appealing than purchasing a product, and finding that it does what it promises.. Ozone 5 will not disappoint! Overall: If you are interested at trying to master your own projects, or simply want to add some polish to your mixes, this is the software for you!

"Amazing bang for the buck..." submitted March 1, 2005

By a customer from beachhunt.com
Musical Background: Mastering Engineer, Hobbyist Musician
Sound: Very clean, and version 3+ has more algorithm choices, if you don't want it to be quite as clean. The MBIT+ dither used in Ozone beats any other dither when it comes to headroom, sound, and shaping. Feature: It's an all-in-one. Normally, all-in-ones tend to skimp on each of the modules, so they can get everything to "fit" in one plugin, but Ozone works well, through and through. You have complete control. Quality: 64-bit processing is higher than just about anything out there, and the additional bits really make a difference for processing. With the great-sounding MBIT+ dither, you don't have to worry at all about the conversion process back to 16-bit. Value: Amazing value for $200. There are single plugins that cost more and don't do as much as Ozone (and certainly don't do it as well).
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It ain't Nashville. But then, nothing is." submitted July 30, 2013

By Bob P in Cleveland, OH
Musical Background: Former full-time pro musician, now serious hobbyist
Music Style: Americana, folk, bluegrass, acoustic
Overall: OK, your home studio mixes are not going to sound like they were done in a top Nashville studio with thousands of $$$ invested in outboard gear and a Grammy-winner mastering engineer. (At least not if you have any kind of ear at all.) But that said, this product did very quickly relieve more than 2 years of frustration trying to get my home studio mixes to not suck completely. I tried tons of free VST/AU plugins and trialed several commercial ones. This is better than them. Could be why it's not free and not cheap. Getting discounted from zZounds made me cringe less at the expenditure. So far I'm quite happy that I went with it. You can download a trial version from Izotope and try that before you drop the buck.The presets are a good way to get started because you quickly learn that there's a huge variety of possibilities in this product. They might even be enough for some mixes. To really get it right you're going to have to learn the interface for the various components: EQ, for example, is not simple to tweak. Izotope provides a PDF Guide to Mastering on their site. Study this to learn what to do to get better results than mere presets.There's more to this than just mastering. You can use it on individual tracks or sends. You don't have to use everything it's got... maybe just some EQ or dynamics on tracks. The more you use it, the more CPU you use. Even on just the master track it can hit your CPU pretty hard. Probably not for a wimpy computer.Software installed and worked flawlessly on Mac with my Reaper DAW. It's even there and usable in GarageBand. Can't speak to stability on Windows. Can't speak to the support... haven't needed it.My mixes are almost all acoustic string instruments and vocals, with some occasional drums and horns. 12 tracks would be a big project for me. Almost immediately, Ozone 5 moved me exponentially in the direction of the sound I really want to hear in my mixes. Cleaner, wider, richer, with nice sparkle. What I really want to hear is my music in a top Nashville mastering studio, but I have neither the talent nor the $$ for that. For me and my Popeye the Sailor music ("I yam wot I yam") Ozone 5 is delivering results that I don't cringe when I hear, and which my fans (both of them) think sound great.

"If your looking for professional sound at a reasonable price, ozone is the way to go." submitted June 22, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Music Style: electronic house minimal psychill
Sound: as far as i know ozone works great. I produce trippy electronic minimal house jams in ableton live 8 and ozone definitely puts on the finishing touch. Im still learning the entire program but even as a beginner i am able to achieve the specific sound i am looking for. Sound quality is superb. I have not used many other mastering plug ins so im not sure how to compare it to other software but ozone is the bees knees hands down. very clean and clear sound. very professional. Feature: the graphic equalizer if for sure the most handy. there are also a lot of presets which help significantly in learning the program yourself. There are a lot of very specific controls for very specific frequencies so you can get pretty intensive in the mastering stage of production. Ease of Use: even some of the presets sound dank. its very easy to modify once you learn the program and very easy to use with other products, such as ableton or cubase. The manual is clear and informative it is just learning your personal feel for mastering and your personal taste in the sound you are trying to achieve. but ozone makes that pretty easy, there is only a small learning curve i would say to begin with. Quality: quality is outstanding. no crashes, no bugs, no messed up anything. works perfect every time. very reliable product. Value: ozone is absolutely worth the price Manufacturer Support: The company has a website with contact info which is very helpful. especially the customer service hot line. easy to reach and very friendly. The Wow Factor: looks really cool and professional. the layout of the program is very electronic and tripsy. Overall: as long as i am a poor musician i will continue to use ozone for all my mastering purposes.

"Outstanding Mastering plug-in. Incredible value." submitted November 14, 2007

Overall
Sound: Sound quality is excellent. Of course, it does not quite compare to classic hardware by Neve, Avalon, etc..., but for the price it comes unbelievably close. Feature: Outstanding features and control over most aspects of processing and sound. Each component can function well on it's own (bypassing the others) so it's like getting a number of plug-ins for the price of one. And, they all sound great solo! Ease of Use: Extremely easy to use. The presets are good and help to get results quickly. I like to start with a preset that sounds good and then tweak it to make it sound great. Quality: Outstanding for the price. As I mentioned, it does not quite compare to classic gear costing thousands, but it still sounds great. Value: Incredible value. Perhaps the best music processing software value on the market today. Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact company. Software has worked flawlessly. The Wow Factor: Looks good. Wish you could resize the window. Overall: Awesome product!

"Ozone ROCKS" submitted November 28, 2007

Overall
Sound: Im giving this an 8 because its not going to give you as quality of a master as a studio by any means. For what it is it gets a 10. Feature: Works with VST and AU what else you need? The master reverb section is hella cool. You can single out low and high frequencies to be effected. EQ and everything is great TOP NOTCH Ease of Use: Easy as pie to use. Morons could get big improvements in minutes. Quality: Never had a problem. For what it is it cant be beat. Value: I would give this an 11 if I could! Manufacturer Support: iZotope is a great company, and Ive needed no support but have heard good things. The Wow Factor: It def looks cool with the graphic eq and interface. People ask me "what does that do?" all the time. Overall: For a mastering pug this is top notch. Again its not as quality as getting your track professionally mastered, but the cost does not even compare whatsoever.

"Best Plug In You Can Buy" submitted April 27, 2014

By Dave R in Boston, MA
Musical Background: Professional DJ
Music Style: Pop and Rock
Overall: Been using Ozone 5 for about 6 months now, it is a MUST have. The matching EQ alone should be worth the price.

"A must have for home recording!" submitted April 19, 2011

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Electro
Sound: Hey Kids, I love this software..It really makes a difference even when just using the presets. I am slowly learning how to use it properly. Many of the presets seem to be a little too bright so I reccomend tweaking it a bit. I will never go to mix without it now!! I'm spoiled! Feature: Many useful features...there is a learning curve though.. Manufacturer Support: I did email them a question...they got back to me within 1 day.

"Wow, why can't they all be this good!" submitted January 2, 2012

Overall
Sound: For the money, I have not heard better. Feature: Reverb, multiband exciter, multiband spacial processor, multiband dynamics, pre and post 8 band eq, maximizing limiter with heaps of options, mid and side band processing... there's more but I'm out of breath. More importantly it is all very usable and sounds great. Ease of Use: I love the interface... use simple presets or dig into the interface and tweak till your hearts content. Quality: Make my other plugins seem cheap even though they are not. Value: Best I've come across. Manufacturer Support: Have not used it. The Wow Factor: I like quality and this product has it in spades. Overall: I just wish my other software had the same amount of time spent 'getting it right'. I buy it again if I lost it.

"Great sound, Great bang for the Buck...." submitted May 4, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Enginee
Music Style: House
Sound: Good set of mastering suite tools, nice analogue character Ease of Use: Very comprehensive set of presets to start from Value: Great slef mastering solution for Demos or better yet FINISHED product. Ilittle time in learning how to use it will give great results. Manufacturer Support: Great support The Wow Factor: VERY MUCH SO

"Avoid Ozone 3. Its interface and instructions are absolutely self defeating, self contradicting, useless and a guaranteed waste" submitted December 22, 2007

By a customer from mindspring.com
Musical Background: Audio restoration/remastering
Music Style: N/A
Sound: Sound potential very good Feature: Seems to have excellent festures but they're nearly unusable by anyone except doctoral audio engineers Ease of Use: The user interface is AWFUL. User "manual" is worse. Try interpreting 5,000 year old Mesopotamian cuneiform fragments spread over 1000 years and 1000 miles and you'll get the idea. There isn't even an 'all clear' or 'resort to default' command ANYWHERE except in one tiny area, and once the user tries something they're stuck with it every time they open Ozone 3, no matter what else is tried. Quality: This I leave blank because there's no way to know, the interface and instructions are so terrible, and lacking in self- or cross-reference Manufacturer Support: Time will tell. Past experiences were interesting in that they acknowledged the worst failings of their interface and user manual very quickly. The Wow Factor: Looks great visually. Ratings mean nothing however Overall: Bills itself as user friendly. It is anything but. Pretty but almost useless graphics to anyone but a quantum physicist, and even a doctoral audio engineer would have trouble with the arbitrariness and lack of explanation of it.

When you call, mention priority code 1437-J4LB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976