When you call, mention priority code 16KM-DPNF
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: ISP Theta Preamp Pedal

ISP packs the insane gain and sustain of the Theta amp into a high-headroom pedal! Shape your sound with pre-distort and distortion sections, plus 3-band EQ.

"Jaw Dropping Options and Sound" submitted September 23, 2013

By Charles (chuck) Wallace in pasadena, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years, I have a lot of guitars and equipment. Play at home in Bands and at most Open Jams
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Hard Rock, Thrash, Blues, Country
Overall: Have you ever wanted to play and not have to worry about what you will have to carry to a GIG? Want something that works with everything? I purchased this stomp box from Zzounds last Thursday (SEPT 19, 2013) I asked that it be delivered overnight, it would be there when I arrived home early Friday, before lunch. Ok let us get started you have the run down. I opened the shipping box to find the pedal and a USER guide. I read this immediately as I had bought the pedal on a demo I saw on YOUTUBE from the ISP Site. After some reading I decided to put the pedal through its paces. First I used the front end (guitar jack) of a Fender Ultimate Chorus. I set the clean channel and the Reverb and Chorus, to use the functions from the amp as well, a little more versatility. It sounded like the amp was just screaming and at the limit. When I stopped playing the amp hissed like a den of vipers, but there is the ISP Noise Decimator built right in (one of the reasons to choose this Pedal) just turn until you hear nothing, and stop. I ran the rig full blast and on the edge of unimaginable gain, dead silent until you play your guitar. There is a preamp section that you can use if you choose or not, (you can use your clean and the preamp if you like) you will want to get all of your levels adjusted. I set the clean and the preamp up to sound close to the same volume with the preamp slightly lower than that of the amps clean. (Again more options) there are two gains below in the Gain and Overdrive section. They share the same EQ settings and of course there is more than enough gain to get you where you want to be I was amazed at how much Gain this pedal can provide. If you need more than this pedal can provide you will have to wait until someone creates one (this is it, I am telling you). I basically set this up to be a four channel affair. IT works like this I have two clean channels one louder than the other for boost, same for the Gain setup.. you can use the Overdrive this will let you select Gain 1 or Gain 2 , if you set the preamp volume correctly you can deselect the preamp section and get another boost for leads and such. READ the manual, it will tell you what I had to learn even after reading it. The Knobs ALL allow for Boost/Cut, yes that is right you cannot just adjust the tone sound wise but you can actually add and/or subtract volume within that range as a parametric EQ. Amp after Amp worked with this setup. Some will want to use the Effects loop; if you do you will lose some of the versatility...but none of the tone or usefulness. I recommend the front end of your amp, if you have two inputs move the cable form one to the other most amps allow for High input guitars or guitars with active pickups. I used this setup with solid state and tube amps, A fender Twin and a two different Mesa’s Rectifier and a Mark V. I have a Marshall JCM 900 Lead Series. In each and every case this thing screamed as if it were about to blow the roof off of the place. I intentionally go for this sound and it requires a lot of attention to keep it reigned in and in control. I cannot say enough about the Decimator Noise Gate, IT is so simple and yet it allows you to run that gain to catastrophic heights. We are talking apocalyptic noise appreciation. Let your neighbors tell you how much better you sound or do what I did, I went our Saturday and for practice Sunday. The one thing after every song and break was, damn that sounds amazing, how much and how easy? I think Zzounds will sell many more. If you have not heard of ISP Technologies, you are not alone, they don’t advertise because every person that uses or is exposed to their products is a client and an endorser. I wish you well and hope that my goal to assist you is successful. CJWII

"Exceptional!!" submitted May 5, 2014

By Paul Tress in Pennsauken, NJ
Musical Background: 40 Yr Pro
Music Style: Classic Metal, Hard Rock, Blues
Overall: Amazing gain , eq, and noise reduction. Using this thru my Marshall 1959 slpx in the return jack of the effects loop. Absolutely STELLAR!

"Holy Moly!!!" submitted May 3, 2014

By Paul Tress in Pennsauken, NJ
Musical Background: 40 yr Pro Musician
Music Style: Classic Metal, Hard Rock, PLAY LOUD
Overall: ABSOLUTELY UN-FREAKIN' BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......thats about all I can say right now as i'm still trying to pick up my jaw from the floor!

When you call, mention priority code 16KM-DPNF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976