When you call, mention priority code 155L-C3J6

Rating and Reviews: Ion Audio TTUSB

Easily digitize your old vinyl and cassettes with the Ion Audio TTUSB turntable, which connects to your computer via USB.

Ion Audio TTUSB Customer Review submitted March 24, 2006

By a customer from surry.net
Music Style: classical, folk, Irish folk
Feature: This turntable is sweet! It is so easy to convert vinyl to CD and the software is fairly simple to figure out. Love the feature where you can use it on a computer, or plug into a stereo receiver. I highly recommend it to any of us "baby boomers" who are still hanging onto our old vinyl. (In fact, I have sold two more of these to friends - I should get a commission). Ease of Use: There is a small learning curve (maybe three hours). Manual is clear, but somewhat vague - not real detailed in terms of editing. Quality: Turntable is really nice looking. It could be improved by having a dust cover, however, one can probably find an old dead turntable to rob the dust cover. I did! Value: ABSOLUTELY! The price is very reasonable for what you get. Manufacturer Support: I was missing the counter weight when I received the product. The company was very responsive and they sent one UPS that I had within the week. I was very pleased with the service. The Wow Factor: It is about time someone invented a simple way to convert vinyl to CD. A lot of us have been waiting patiently for this! Overall: A long time. I will probably wear it out putting all my vinyl on CD (I have a very large collection).
56 of 58 people (96.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"If you want to preserve your analog music collection for a reasonable price, the TTUSB is does the job." submitted January 29, 2011

Music Style: blues, rock
Sound: Very satisfied with the TTUSB. Does a good job of converting LPs and cassettes to digital. I've been converting a cassette collection to mp3 & putting them on my iPod. You can connect to the stereo headphone jack of a cassette boombox directly to the TTUSB for recording. The included converter software is easy to use. Only criticism is that the output control should be on the front of the unit, not in back & underneath it. Level control would be much more convenient. All in all, definately worth the $$$.

"Within hours, my vinyls were being put on my iPod" submitted January 28, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musicain
Music Style: Rock, Experimental, Psychidelic
Sound: The sound of this turntables is amazing. Once I got the tone arm balanced correctly, there was no skipping even on an old cracked Beatles 45. Transferring to the computer sounds great too, especially once I figured out the Sound Control effect. Feature: No replacement needle, a non-mechanical arm, no multi-record attachment, but USB output more than makes up for whats missing Ease of Use: Within an hour of owning this I was transferring Never Mind The Bullocks onto my iPod. VERY easy, just read the directions carefully Quality: This is a very beautiful machine, sleek and the controls are intuitive. Value: There is no price i wouldn't pay to put the warmth of a vinyl on my iPod. priceless Manufacturer Support: no experience yet but I assume it is good, if the service matches the product The Wow Factor: Think about it, the vinyls are now in your pocket or on CD. No longer do you have to worry about how long the record is going to last before the sound is ground out of it, the music is permanently protected. Overall: Fantastic concept, execution and ease of use, perfect.

"Vinyl on my iPod" submitted November 27, 2005

By a customer from sglmusic.com
Musical Background: i listen
Music Style: old school rock
Sound: the product ships with a good needle. however becuase it uses a standard headshell, you can attach more high end cartridges. excellent sound Feature: this is the easiest way to convert Vinyl to CD/MP3. The software has the ability to pitch down the recording. I record 33 at 45 +10% and then use the software to pitch it back down. the sound quality of the change that the computer will do is good enough for the iPod or the car. Quality: i believe this is a Numark turntable for quality. Value: certainly worth the value. the parts you would need to do this separately would cost well over $300. Manufacturer Support: the manual was pretty good. i haven't called the company. Overall: awesome product.

"It calls for a little work on your part..." submitted December 6, 2011

Overall
Sound: Sound quality is adequate, given that the included software,'EZ Vinyl Converter', gives you no option other than transcribing to the iTunes format. Why? 'Audacity', which is bundled, has other, more desirable options, but I've not discovered how to select the turntable as its input stream. -So I can't edit the lead-in scratches out yet, nor can I remove pops and ticks. The complete lack of quick-start information for 'Audacity' doesn't help. When I first ran EZV, I didn't know that I had to UNCHECK a checkbox in the first screen every time I first started it up- the result was that every time the music (classical) went through a pianissimo passage, it would start a new track. Grr! I do wish that the selection would not toggle back to the default- there are rests and quiet passages in classical music, and I thought that having to uncheck that 'feature' was annoying. Feature: There is no tone arm lifter, and I must lift the dust cover completely off the turntable between record changes. This means that the stylus must be delicately placed at the beginning of a session, and the dust cover has to be handled the same way, with the stylus already on the record! There's some real potential for damaging the vinyl, so I just have to be extra careful. I like the on-off switch and the fact that the platter cues up quickly. Ease of Use: See above- it's almost ghastly. I would have paid extra for a tone arm lifter and a hinged dust cover. Quality: It's made as well as many electronics these days- much plastic, but functional nonetheless. It ain't a Thorens, but it's almost the only game in town. Should you want to play your recordings one last time for archival purposes, like I do, and you have no access to anything better, it's a good choice. Value: The field of players is rather small, the price is surprisingly modest, and it does the job within its limitations. Just be aware of them. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: Well, I ended up buying one for myself. Overall: I would save up for something better, but I expect to use this only to transcribe my collection into other formats- then I'll box it back up and put it away.

"exelent table and exelent customer service" submitted December 19, 2012

By genaro montoya in apple valley , CA
Overall
Overall: On Dec. 7,2012, i ordered a pair of these turn tables and according to themthey delivered them by the 12, but i never got them.So i waited a couple more days and i called the customer service. In a matter of two days they resolved my issue. Lucky for me they delivered them by the 19th, because i needed them by the 21st. There product is outstanding as well as their customer service.Great product for that price.I will shop with them again and again. Sincerely, Genaro Montoya

"Great product" submitted July 18, 2007

Musical Background: Music Enthusiast
Music Style: All
Sound: Good quality on finished product Feature: Unlike what I've read before I purchased, my ION turntable came with a removable dust cover and a tone arm that lifts and returns at end of lp and has a touch button tone arm lifter. Also came with a rubber platen. Ease of Use: Had a couple of settings at set-up, but foundit easy to follow and it woarked. Quality: Looks fine Value: Searched long and hard before purchasing and found prices varying wildly. The "typical selling price" is too high. Manufacturer Support: Have a problem with the audacity software that came with the terntable (Version 1.4). 90% of the options are in question marks. Went to the website and dowloaded beta version 1.3.3 and most of the options are in hyroglyphics (looks Arablic), even though in both case, I, of course, chose ENGLISH as my language! Emailed support and got back a response within minutes, but it was a copy and paste of setup. I replied with a "thank you", but it doesn't solve the question mark problem. That was 2 days ago. Haven't heard a peep from them since. I had to just chose options until one of them saved the track I was working on. I wrote down the selection, ie. (third set of question marks at far left option tab is save as wav) The Wow Factor: A pratical addition for me. I've downloaded most of my cd's and have long dreamed of being able to "fill in" with songs I loved that are only on my extensive lp collection. I was doing it before, but I had to download from my turntable to a CD on the CD recorded on the stereo, then copy from CD to hard drive/mp3 player. This purchase cut one step out. It's a slow process, but worth it. Overall: Chose this one mainly because of price. I plan to still be copying my lp's long after I'm retired...it will take that long! Meets my musical goals, but sure, when they come up with something smaller, faster and cheaper, I'll be on it!

"Tips for the ION iTTUSB" submitted March 8, 2007

Musical Background: All of the above
Music Style: Rock what else?
Sound: There is a bit of motor hum that is picked up on the digital transfer, and though I have not used it yet, I understand that the soundsoap 2 ($140.00) software (LIMITED TO 14 DAYS) will clean it up. We'll see. I also understand that since it is a standard box needle cartridge you can replace the stock one or upgrade it to a higher end design. Bring the cartridge head with you to the store. Feature: Basic turntable, wish it had a tone arm pick up mechanism and that it would automatically pick itself up at the end of the record and returned to the stop position. THIS IS NOT A RECORD PLAYER, IT DOES NOT PICK UP THE TONE ARM AND TURN ITSELF OFF. Wish it came with a dust cover!!!!! Ease of Use: There is a learning curve,,If you have Windows XP let me give you some advice: Go into EDIT - at the bottom PREFERENCES pick your playback device,* RECORDING DEVICE "USB Audio CODEX" * CHANNELS "2 Stereo" and click the 2 check boxes at the bottom. DEFAULT SAMPLE RATE "44100Hz" * DEFAULT SAMPLE FORMAT "32 Bit Float". Everything else I left at default. Quality: Well made, See features and sound "ABOVE". Value: GREAT DEAL, especially if you love your OLD vinyl. Manufacturer Support: I was impressed, I had a question and I received a response within an hour. A++ The Wow Factor: It works,,,no sex here!!! Wish it came with a dust cover!!!!!

"problem loading software" submitted December 30, 2008

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: rock soul
Sound: bought this turntable to change all my vinyl to cd which i have quite a lot am running on windows 2000 xp couldnt load software and it buggered up the sound on the rest of the systems if any one is having same problem download codecs6030 for free and no more problems overall good peice of kit mike

"A very nice low cost USB Turntable" submitted January 1, 2012

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: DJ
Sound: The Turntable works very good. The software is a bit to simple. I would like to change a few settings so that tracks do not run together. All in all pretty good. Feature: USB connection. Not needing an amp in line with the turntable Ease of Use: It can be difficult to split different tracks from LPs at times. Value: A good Turntable for the price Manufacturer Support: ION support would not send a new CD when I reported the CD cracked, but did suppy the link to download the one piece of software. Other software on the CD was not available for download

"Very Happy, but protect the needle with your life." submitted January 2, 2007

By a customer from cjnic.net
Musical Background: Square Dance Caller
Music Style: country
Sound: The quality of the conversions is very nice...I am a square dance caller with many many 45's, but technology and my practice method requires I be able to convert to CD's, and this unit does the trick, and is nice quality for future usage of the files. Feature: As I found out, the 1/8" input was an incredible feature. I have a cassett my father made shortly before he passed away, and I was able to protect this tape by converting it to .wav files. My biggest problem is my roomate's children destroyed the needle, and I have searched for over a week trying to find a replacement, or any kind of information on compatibility. Ease of Use: Extremely easy to use. One nice thing would be for LAME to be included, a program necessary to convert straight from the program to MP3 Quality: Smooth operation, fairly easy to assemble if one understands the process of balancing a tone-arm. Value: What this equipment allows me to do is priceless. Manufacturer Support: My only experience has been several e-mails trying to either purchase a replacement needle, or a part or any other type of assistance..to date no reply. The Wow Factor: The concept is great. Overall: I'll be very satisfied if I can just find a replacement needle.

"Good Freshman effort ION....." submitted March 15, 2006

By a customer from urscorp.com
Musical Background: Hobby
Music Style: All
Sound: I will tbe trading out the cartidge that came with it. But for the $$ good product

"Hardware Good; Software Bad" submitted March 24, 2007

Musical Background: Music lover
Music Style: There is no bad style, it's all good.
Sound: This rating is meaningless, since I haven't been able to hear it yet. Feature: Features are OK, as advertised. Ease of Use: Turntable seems to be fine, but the Audacity software does not operate on my Mac 10.3.9 - I see there is another reviewer here with the same exact problem. Quality: Again, the turntable is good; software sucks. Even without being able to achieve an actual USB direct recording, I did inadvertently record several songs over the computer's microphone, before realizing my mistake, because the microphone is the only audio source the Audacity software recognizes (that is the problem). Anyway, I did spend some time working through the editing tools of the Audacity software, and I have to say it is a bit obtuse - it is hard to move around the visual readout of the files - when you are inserting track labels, for example, the label text appears at the very bottom of the window, so you can't see your edit indicator and the text at the same time. Also, your edit marker disappears the minute you start entering text, so that when you scroll back up to set your next track marker, you can't tell where the previous track began. It does do everything they say, and I'm sure it can be learned well, but it is NOT user friendly. Value: Assuming I can achieve useable software, yes I really like the prospect of being able to mine my old LP archives, without having to buy the music over again in the latest form. Manufacturer Support: I just registered the product today, and I've sent a request to Support to try to solve the problem, so we'll see The Wow Factor: Yes it would be cool if it were quick and easy to use. The really sexy version of this product would be a turntable with an internal CD burner - flop down an LP, stick in a blank CD, drop the needle in the groove, and begin the transfer - with simple editing controls in the form of actual buttons on the front of the unit. No computer. Then you'd have something a lot more people would use. Overall: I will be looking for a higher end version of this.

"It's crap" submitted January 25, 2007

By a customer from telus.net
Music Style: eclectic
Sound: I really shouldn't reate the sound, as I have yet to hear it. After three months of unsuccessful attempts to copy vinyl to CD, I have finally given up. Feature: NIce lines, smooth operation of turntable, easy to assemble, accessible and straightforward controls. Ease of Use: See above. Can't produce sound, regardless of what I do. Nothing registers on my computer. (Mac, OS 10.3.9) Quality: Very nice appearance Manufacturer Support: Haven't been able to contact them The Wow Factor: Wonderful concept. Lousy execution.

When you call, mention priority code 155L-C3J6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976