When you call, mention priority code 202-P9PS

Rating and Reviews: IK Multimedia Stomp IO

The Ultimate Guitar/Bass Amp and FX System.

"Stompio" submitted February 4, 2013

By Jack C in Bradenton, FL
Musical Background: Playing since 1970
Music Style: All types of music.
Overall: I have the Stompio and have had it for years now and it works great and I run it into power amp JBL PA system also using a 14 channel Mackie. There so many types of sounds you can get out of it and they are always adding more amps and stomp boxes to the collection at cheap prices. I use to have Fender amps but now I use this and love it. Its cheaper then buying the AxeFx and sounds just as good.

"Expensive but well worth the price." submitted July 19, 2010

By a customer from hughesnet.com
Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: country
Sound: Too many questions at the top of this box. I own it and love it. I have no problems with noises on it. It sounds like a tube amp should sound. THis ships with all of the Amp 2 packages, you will want to invest in the Amplitube Fender to go with this. Also upgrade to Amplitube 3. Instant access to presets and there are goobs of them. Any sound that you want can be edited here to your taste and it's foot switchable vice using your finger on the computer. GO GET IT> Feature: Footswitch for all of the amplitube packages easy editing on the computer and save to footpedal on the go. Ease of use, awesome sound. Ease of Use: Very very very easy. manual is there but you dont need it. plug it in and start playing thru a PA or listen thru headphones. Quality: Made in Italy and made very well, I have this unit for one year, zero problems Value: It is rather high dollar, but, you get what you pay for and more. Manufacturer Support: Yes, amplitube is top notch, check out their site on guitarampmodeling or KVR and see for yourself. The Wow Factor: I needed a foot pedal to go with my computer software for live playing and this is the answer. Overall: I will keep this as long as possible.

"HISS, CRACKLE, POP! TOO BAD." submitted September 5, 2008

Music Style: A little of everything; Rock, Alternative, Country, Jazz,
Sound: When It's not popping and hissing it has some pretty cool effects. Feature: The software has some nice features but the hardware is a mess. Ease of Use: Again, the software is pretty intuitive, but the hardware is horrible. Quality: The units housing is solid but the plastic parts are flimsy and week. Value: Definitely not worth the money and trouble. Manufacturer Support: Fairly friendly. But nothing gets accomplished. The Wow Factor: Obviously I wanted it at first. But now I just want to get rid of it. Overall: I really wanted to give this thing 0 stars but that would be unfair and people including myself tend to ignore those kind of reviews. I'll start with summarized bad news: * Once your money's down, you're basically the permanent owner of this thing no matter what!(defective, dissatisfied or whatever, You're STUCK!) * Here's why; The retailer that you've come to love and trust is completely unable to help you due to copyright laws. So IK multimedia has you over a barrel, and boy do they know it.(more about that and other details later.) * One big problem is the thing is a HUGE system resource HOG! (CPU, RAM, USB. Etc.) * Among other things, it pretty much demands ALL USB resources so everything else must be unplugged (WHAT?.. I know.) * The controller has no memory so to use it, you must always be closely tethered to a computer via a short USB cable. If the USB transfer rate falters which it does. You get LOUD snaps, crackles, pops, and hiss. * All-in-all this thing really becomes a huge liability. * At first glance it seems sturdy. However, as you use it, you find that it's not only poorly designed, but the plastic parts are weak and flimsy. * Regarding poor design; making adjustments via the controller is a MESS, and the real-time communication from software to controller should be much better. * In fairness some of the effects and models a pretty cool, but it's definitely not worth the money. Don't get drawn in like I did. There are better choices out there.(Not sure if I'm allowed to start naming here.) * So here's the worst of it. Although IK's customer service is fairly friendly and responsive, I've been going back and forth with controller problems for the better part of a month, and they just keep you going in circles.(maybe because after 30 days your sunk with most retailers anyway) Here's the game so far a.)Download all new drivers. b.)Unplug ALL other USB peripherals,(WHAT? I know, it gets worse) c.)Try different ports. d.) Try third party software. e.)Disable hyper-threading(ARE YOU KIDDING?) f.)Go into device manager and start disabling hardware.(NO, we're not kidding.) g.)Not sure yet, maybe go back to "a".) To answer those wondering, my system is a top rated 3.2GHz, with 2MB ram. Far beyond they're recommended requirements. * Well, there it is. I hope I've saved someone some grief. However, they told me that others have had success getting it running, So...

When you call, mention priority code 202-P9PS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976