When you call, mention priority code 1418-B6Z3

Rating and Reviews: AmpliTube Amp Software

Get guitar amps galore with this RTAS/VST/AU plug-in: 14 preamp models, 14 EQ models, 7 power amps, 16 cabs, 6 mics and 32 FX. Run 20 simultaneous effects!

"Go get yourself one." submitted September 3, 2011

By a customer from elp.rr.com
Musical Background: hobbyist, active musician
Music Style: jazz, blues, pop
Sound: I'm rating this product an 8 for sound because if you just hook your guitar directly to the computer the sound is a bout an 8 which sounds pretty good. But you can make this sound so much better by plugging your guitar into any amp then using a direct box to take the sound from your amp to a balanced input into your computer. That way yoyr guitar behaves as it should when played through an amp. Amplitude can then provide all kinds of effects and modeling to your good raw sound. Feature: Lots of features to tweak if that's yoyr thing. Ease of Use: Like all software there is a learning curve, but a printed quick start manual would makes things easier. For this kind of many it's ridiculous that software doesn't come with a book. Quality: Hasn't crashed so far so I guess it's all good. Value: I think this is one of the better guitar packs out right now. It's got a lot included and can be expanded with addittion features if desired. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them so, I don't have a positive or neg impression. The Wow Factor: Hey it's just software. calm down Overall: I think as I learn to use the product better, it will keep me happy for a long time.

"I love this stuff." submitted February 15, 2007

Overall
Sound: The interface is neatly organized the same way a guitar rig is laid out, AmpliTube 2 has a that natural organization and feel better than many other other amp-simulation softwares. Now I know they have the Jimi Hendrix edition coming out! Watch out!!!! Plain Genius, I want it. Ease of Use: All parameters are no more than 2 clicks away which I love. Right out of the box, there are over 400 different programmed guitar Amp and Effects preset combinations covering virtually any famous signature guitar tone i ever dreamt of. Value: what? if i spent all the money it costs to get all the gear they have modeled... i would just not be able to rock out this hard. Manufacturer Support: Just call them. The Wow Factor: I want the next stuff coming out.

"You get out what you put into it." submitted May 18, 2003

Overall
Sound: Presets are good but need to be tweaked. I prefer building my own sounds. Like other products that do modeling it all depends on the time you are willing put into it to get the results you want. I'm getting excellent results that blend into my projects very nicely and no one can tell the difference between the sounds I've mic'd and the sounds running thru Amplitube. If you have patience and a good ear I highly recommend this product. If you want something that gives you instant results keep looking.... Feature: Like being able to get a good track and then preview different sounds till I find the tone I like.

"Great amp sim with a huge amound of realistic amp sounds."

Overall
Sound: This plug is supposed to sound like a recorded guitar, amp and effects all at once, so basically it promises to sound just like the guitar parts on your favorite cd's. Mostly it does the trick. It sounds a lot like a real amp and is very responsive to my playing. I can't compare it to all the amps it simulates but it does sound like the real thing on a cd. Although most of the preset patches it comes with are not much to my liking, this is a very deep product. I usually never like the presets of effect processors either so it could just be me. However, if you want to build your own sounds be ready for some extensive tweaking. More about that in the next section. Feature: There are a lot of features: the plug emulates all the parts of the signal chain when recording guitar. There are stompboxes, preamp models, modeled EQ's, poweramps, amp cabinets, and even a choice of condensor or dynamic mic and of course the regular guitar amp controls such as gain, eq and master and even some stereo rack style effects. This means there are literally thousands of different "amps" and effects on offer, which can make finding the right combination of parameters a time consuming process. Unlike other guitar amp modelers there is more flexability in constructing your sound, but personally I like models that simply emulate the classic amp sounds that are the most sought after(Mesa Rectifier, Fender Tweed, Marshall JCM800, Vox AC30 etc.) The presets do try to achieve this but I got results more to my liking tweaking them myself. Again, you do get more options and flexibility in return. Quality: well we're talking software here... let's see it doesn't always run perfectly in cubase so it's not perfect. Value: It's not cheap for a single plug but as I use it on ALL my recoded guitars it's good value for me. Think of what a Marshall, Mesa, Fender and then some would set you back, not mentioning mic's and effects. Manufacturer Support: A comprehensive website and a great manual. The Wow Factor: It looks great, a very cool user interface; it looks like an expensive tube amp head! Running in your sequencer window this looks the sh*t! The whole concept of this product appeals to me and al lot of other people as well I'd guess. Overall: Overall amplitube is a great plug! If I had the money to buy some of the gear it tries to replace I guess I would do just that but for recording at home this does the job very nicely. Even if you have a dream guitar setup this is great as a sketchpad, for trying different sounds quickly without firing up a 100 W tube amp. It's also more flexible than similar hardware amp modelers such as POD and V-amp, because it is integrated into your sequencer and can be fully automated etc. Some reservations aside, simply great.

"Simply will not work" submitted March 21, 2014

By Daniel R in Brookhaven, MS
Overall
Musical Background: forty years, guitar, keyboards home studio
Overall: I ordered AT3 on January 25,2014 it is now March 21st nearly 2 months later and after numerous discussions with IK tech support the product simply won't work. It will not work on Win7Pro on a very fast desktop nor does it work on a fast laptop running Win8. The only response I get from IK tech is to uninstall and reinstall of course I have done this multiple times. I believe I have a bad disc but IK simply ignores that assertion and has gone so far as to blame my Steinberg UR44 interface for the problem. I have downloaded other amp modeling software demos and have had them up and running in minutes. I would not recommend AT3 or any IK product to anyone. I guess my $200, chump change to them, is down the toilet. Be warned !

"Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere." submitted August 17, 2008

Musical Background: Recording/Post Production Engineer, Musician
Music Style: Punk/Rock/Alternative
Sound: The plug sounds pretty decent; I especially like it on bass. Feature: There are a lot of different "stomp pedals" that you can use, but they all sound pretty terrible. I've never used one in a finished product. Ease of Use: Not bad, basic signal flow. Quality: Awful, awful plug. Awful. It is nearly impossible for me to get a track pressed from the Aux without it spitting out all kinds of pops, ticks, and random errors. I literally can't go more than 20 seconds on my Dual 2.5 GHz G5 without hearing a pop, so I have to go back, repress the part, crossfade, and combine. I'm running Pro Tools TDM 7.4cs5, and no I have no problems with any other plugs, TDM or RTAS. This is the only one. Value: How much is your time worth? Mine is in the range above $50/hour (when I'm working) so I don't have time to screw around with this garbage. I've moved on to Digi's Eleven, and I would recommend that others do the same. Manufacturer Support: I forgot my password for the site, so I did the standard Password Reset procedure. On most sites, this is instantaneous. Not so here. If you are having problems with this plug, you might as well move on to something else, because you will not hear back from IK Multimedia anytime soon. The Wow Factor: DO. NOT. WANT. Overall: Terrible. Awful. This plug has never really worked right for me, and I've been trying to use it for years, through many different versions of Pro Tools TDM, and many different versions of OS X. You may have better luck on Windows with other DAW software, but Pro Tools LE/HD on a Mac is a definite no-go. Avoid at all costs.

"Don't waste your money" submitted May 12, 2004

Music Style: Alternative, Country, Blues, Rock
Sound: The effects are weak. The distortions sounds really bad and metallic. The clean sound is OK but not good compared to Vox Tonelab. I can get a good bass-sound with it though, so that's one use for it. Feature: It has all the basics, not much more than that. If you want features then have a look at Digitech Genesis 3 or V-Amp Pro, they are both cheaper and offers a lot more than Amplitube. Quality: It locks up way too often when changing patches for example. And like I said earlier the interface is just poor, they have clearly not hired a usability expert for this project. I would not rely on it. I learned to always save my project before messing with it since it can lock up badly. Value: If it was prices somewhere around $50-$100 it would have been ok, but this thing is just way to pricey considering that unlike hardware, software doesn't cost anything to reproduce. My point is that you can get a V-Amp Pro for $200 and that baby costs a lot more to produce than Amplitube does. Designing and producing hardware is just way more costly than producing software, so the price really doesn't make any sense, and it's defenitely not worth it. The Wow Factor: No thanks Overall: Considering the price and the quality it's nothing more that an expensive toy. Unless you are really deperate about getting a plugin amp modeller go out and buy a V-Amp, Pod, Vox Tonelab, Genesis 3 or something, they are all better.

When you call, mention priority code 1418-B6Z3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976