When you call, mention priority code 20V-DZQF

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez TS9DX TubeScreamer

Get tubelike distortion and long-lasting sustain from this overdrive pedal, made to replicate the famed original TS9 -- with 4 modes to customize your tone.

Overall

"TS9DX Tasty over drive sound, biggest bang for our hard earned bucks." submitted February 13, 2011

Music Style: Folk, rock, jazz
Sound: Great TS9 sound with 2 other turbo setting. I have performed twice with it live through a Vox Night Train head and cab and I'm thrilled with the sound. I haven't used the other two settings, but I'll mess with them later. My other pedals are a Ibanez Weeping Demon wah, Fulltone GT-500, Line6 DL4, Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe and Hard Wire RV7 digital reverb. My predominant guitar voice is TS9, reverb and Night Train. I use whatever 2 guitars I feel like schlepping to the gig - usually an Ibanez Artcore Custom AF105F and a solid body 'lectric (PRS SE Santana, or Semi Hollow with P90's, or an ash Fender HW1 Tele). Feature: I wanted the TS sound and for a few extra bucks I got 2 other sounds. My only beef is the indicator light - if seems to be set too far inside the housing so I can only see bright if I'm standing directly above the pedal. Move to the side one step and it becomes very faint. I first thought I got sold a second but on inspection I think that's the way it was designed. I don't have any other pedals with that characteristic. Ease of Use: Not too tough. Plug it in to my Pedal Train set it till it pleases my ear and go. Quality: Very sturdy and should hold up to life on the road. Did I mention I hate the indicator light? Value: Very good value. I think it's crazy to pay $250 for the retro designed pedal. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any, but I could ask about... Nah, life's too short. The Wow Factor: I don't lust after pedals like I do a beautifully made/sounding guitar. It's a tool. Overall: It's all about tone, and this has got it for me.

"A amp's best friend." submitted March 3, 2005

By a customer from gabintwork.com
Overall
Music Style: Take blues ,country ,southern rock , British rock & put them in a blender !
Sound: the turbo tubescreamer,to me, has the best sound when set on the-turbo mode.I am currently playing a mixture of blues,southern & classic rock.I use a stereo chorus peavey & use the lead channel with the distortion on zero. With the tubescreamers Drive & level set at two & my amp volume at three or higher, I get the sound of a kranked up Marshall jcm 2000 with my guitar volume set at ten.The unique thing about this unit is ,you adjust the amount of distortion you want , by using your guitar knob. You can go semi-clean at four or five or full blown on ten! Im playing a James Burton signiture telecaster.exp.30 years Feature: The turbo setting is the most useful.The other settings sound thinner but i think they can be tweeked with the right communation of amp & guitar settings. No accessories. Quality: Could take a round of machine gun fire.Have had this unit exposed to salt spray at beach gig's ,spilled beer at honkytonk's,numberous other venues .Highly dependable. Value: yes. Manufacturer Support: Got the unit at nearby music store.No repairs needed. The Wow Factor: It's like a bull. Overall: I,LL keep it till it fall's apart ,then replace it .I'd like to try it in communation with a tone classic.This units a great tool.

"Spend the Extra $9.00 and get the TS-9DX vs. the TS-9" submitted February 6, 2005

Musical Background: Active Musician/Amatuer Recording
Music Style: Blues/Blues Rock Mostly
Sound: I have a TS-9, and a TS9DX, the latter I bought as a back-up for road trips. The TS9DX sounds exactly like the TS-9, in TS-9 mode. As a matter of fact, it's the same circuitry and components. The +, hot, and Turbo modes will give you a greater pallete of tones to play with and choose from. If you're in the market for a TS-9, get the DX for about 9 bucks more. The only overdrives that I found that even come close is the VisualSound's Route 66, and the Voodoo Labs sparkle drives, and each tries to emulate the TS-9, with great, but copycat circuitry. Unless playing super clean, one of these pedals is on all the time. Couldn't live the Blue's without it. Quality: Built like a Tank. Solid and smooth knobs, no pop's or crack's when engaging it. Value: The TS-9 is a great value. The TS-9DX is an exceptional value, for all the different tonal possibilities, for about $9.00 more. Manufacturer Support: I have dealt with Ibanez, however, not concerning the TS-9's, but with guitar's. They were great, dealing with me. Didn't try the "your fault" bit with me. Sent one back, got a new one a week later. The Wow Factor: What can I say? It's a pedal, not a custom made guitar. It's knobs and footswitch are in the same place as any other pedal. It's butt-ugly green, but who's going to come up and scruitinize my pedal board. Nice large foot switch, smooth, and no suprises. Overall: If there is ever a better, not equal, but better OD in a pedal configuration, I might buy it. With decent treatment, though, these will last for ever. There are many shops around that offer repairs and mod's to these (TS-808, TS-9's) if you ever want them. Popular enough, that some shop's only work on these pedals.

"Great Pedal" submitted January 20, 2007

Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Rock
Sound: I play this pedal through my Line6 SpiderII 112 amp and this pedal works great w/ it. It adds the extra distortion to the Crunch channel in my amp. Although this isnt a distortion pedal but it does add some to my amp. It also sounds great through the clean channel w/ some chorus. Feature: You can turn the Ease of Use: It is real easy to use. No problems figuring out how to use it. Quality: Its a nice pedal Value: It is kinda expensive but I didnt buy it. A friend from church gave it to me. Manufacturer Support: I've never called them. This pedal hasnt given me any problems. Overall: I dont think I'll ever need another Tubescreamer pedal ever again.

Ibanez TS9DX TubeScreamer Customer Review submitted November 8, 2004

Music Style: blues rock
Sound: Sounds great with my Line 6 Duoverb Combo! Feature: Excellent! Love the different settings! Quality: Very rugged feeling and heavy! Value: Yeah, but I only paid $50 for mine! Manufacturer Support: Good pedal! No need for support!

"Not what I expected" submitted November 11, 2015

By Steve K in Columbia, MD
Musical Background: 30 years...31 guitars...Professional
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Overall: I expected more from this pedal. I wanted this pedal to juice up my 6505 but it doesn't. Still on the fence whether I will keep it or sell it.

"Tube Screamer it is" submitted April 6, 2005

Musical Background: Hobbyist, would be giant
Music Style: a little of everything
Sound: Straight out of the box I plugged it into my Fender 65 deluxe reverb reissue and was totally impressed. Had tried a Boss SD1, but that only muddied the pure tube tone. The 65 reverb is a beautiful amp, but has no gain controls (just pure fender tone). The Ibanez TS9DX makes the amp much more versatile, with no loss of tone quality. Quality: Seems perfect Value: Worth every penny of $110 Overall: This is a keeper, I researched hundreds of comments by other musicians to select this.

"Awsome warm tone for your SRV, Allman Brothers, Black Crowes tunes." submitted May 2, 2004

Overall
Sound: I'm using a Fender CyberTwin with a Les Paul Classic on the neck pickup for a great Allman Brothers sound. I use the TS9DX to add a nice warm punch for solo's and endings. This has a sweet classic/warm tube sound using the TS9 setting and works great with my Phase 90 for that SRV sound with my strat. Feature: I can get every warm sound I want from this unit! Quality: Seems to be a solid unit. Haven't dropped it yet, but looks like it would stand up to normal use. Value: Paid $109. Its worth it! Manufacturer Support: No problems... The Wow Factor: I want it for the sound. Looks are good, but it doesn't really matter much what my floor pedal looks like.

When you call, mention priority code 20V-DZQF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976