When you call, mention priority code 12DY-7K44

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9

The Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 offers a world-famous overdrive tone. For great tube-sounding distortion, look no further than the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9.

"Good buy all around" submitted December 18, 2011

Musical Background: teenage rocker
Music Style: CLASSIC ROCK ALL THE WAY
Sound: This guitar can bring out that fat tone you just cant get any other way. Its adds a nice touch to my distortion channel and a light, bright distortion in the clean channel. Basically amazing all the way around. Feature: Nothing special about the features, pretty basic Ease of Use: 3 knobs and a button. Plug n' play. Analog which means its great with anything and you don't have to worry about all that electronic crap like with most pedals. Quality: This thing is a tank. Its actually pretty heavy for its size and really durable. Everything is metal it should last forever. Value: I'm actually surprised it isn't being sold for more. It feels and sounds worth way more than it really is. If you have enough money for something else, save your money and get this. The Wow Factor: I picked it up because I was already spending so much on a tube amp and I thought "ehh this should go nicely with my amp." Heck ya it does. I can't play my amp without it. The sound out of this little stupid green box is amazing. Overall: The tube screamer is known to be amazing with good reason. Its durable, sounds astounding, and can actually produce a wide variety of sounds for how simple it is. What more could you ask for?

"TS9" submitted April 19, 2012

By Anthony F in Long Island, NY
Musical Background: pro/semi pro
Music Style: blues, blues rock, classic rock, a little of everything.
Overall: I replaced my Boss SD-1 with this TS9 and couldn't be happier. The TS9 has more of a real smooth tube overdrive without the edge or harshness the SD1 had. The SD1 is a fine pedal but not warm enough for blues and SRV stuff. Just as others have posted the TS9 doesn't cover up the characteristics of your guitar and is real easy to dial in your tone. The SD1 took a lot more tweaking to find a blues tone.

"Just Like S.R.V. Tube Screamer TS 9..." submitted December 25, 2009

Overall
Sound: if you want that srv sound then you got to get this pedal. that is what he used. just this and a wah. put the drive at 9 and the level at 12 and the tone at 12 and thats it. s.r.v. sound!!! it sounds just like his sound. it rocks. man it is a bad. just buy it now!! Feature: made like a rock! Ease of Use: to easy.... to get that sound!!!! Quality: it is a 10 + the best. Value: i would pay a lot more for this if i had to. Manufacturer Support: i bet it is good. The Wow Factor: you got to have it for the s.r.v. sound. get it from here. you can not beat Zzounds!! no way... Overall: for ever!!

"Hoe Lee Shiz Nit!" submitted November 21, 2013

By Ric B in Durham, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Have played guitar for 28 years, love hard rock but have played everything from acoustic to metal.
Music Style: Hard Rock, Rock.
Overall: I play a Les Paul Custom through an Orange TH100 head and an orange cabinet. I love the dial to tune in different levels of distortion, but I could never quite get the sounds I wanted for certain songs (i.e., Cumbersome by Seven Mary Three) with the knob. But I plugged in this thing and it made me wonder why I waited all these years to take all the pro advice I've read saying to buy a Tube screamer. The range of this pedal is awesome and with just a little tweak, I can even sharpen the bite on heavier songs. My tone is sick with this pedal! And the range of sound possible was a bit surprising, too...I'm thinking about getting another one to put in my effects loop and mix things up. Worth every penny. Buy it NOW.

"Screamer is nice add to small tube amps." submitted December 17, 2010

By a customer from entergy.com
Musical Background: Active musician - retread from the 60s
Music Style: Blues, Rock, R&B
Sound: Nice - adds some distortion to my little 5w Bugera tube amp, but doesn't overdo it. Ease of Use: Three simple dials, with ample variation, and one foot pedal. Quality: Solid, well made. The Wow Factor: It could be a little better looking - basically a green box. Overall: Seems to work fine, does what I want, not much to go wrong.

"kirk hammett uses the ts9" submitted July 9, 2006

Overall
Sound: it is the coolest sound for soloing it gives it a metalliica solo tone to it Feature: what else do you need Ease of Use: super easy and fast channel switching Quality: built very well Value: its a little spendy but its well worth every penny Manufacturer Support: no problems The Wow Factor: lets just say you cant lose this pedal easily Overall: the best pedal ever

"Awsome pedal" submitted June 12, 2005

Music Style: classic rock
Sound: this thing makes a BIG difference. There is no way to get my peavey amp clean so i just turn down the tone and drive knobs and it boosts my sound giving it a little more kick for that clear but distorted sound for classic rock. just crank it up and its great for punk. Feature: kickin overdrive,sick paint. its enough for me Quality: Mine is an original from back in the day and it still rocks. The only thing not perfect with mine is paint is flaking off but i like that used look. Value: i got the best deal in the world. Its a collectors item and i got it for $40 i also got a power supply and a free cable with it from the music shop in Milan, and since its vintage if i dont want it I canjust sell it back to the shop and get $40 back whether it works or not Manufacturer Support: didnt need it The Wow Factor: the seasick green paint is sick Overall: I'm only usin tubescreamers for my distotion needs

Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 Customer Review submitted July 6, 2006

Overall
Sound: Amazing sounds, great sustain, kick ass distortion Ease of Use: Simple easy to read controls

Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 Customer Review submitted July 31, 2011

Overall
Music Style: heavy rock to metal
Sound: After giving my friend his ts-8 back I had to replace it, I was told that I didn't want a ts9 because the ts8 was so much better. well I couldn't find a ts8 fast enough so i ordered the ts9. I couldn't be happier with the sound. with a stock Studio Les pail and a line6 flextone 3 set to a marshall sound. I could get infinte sustain almost on demand and pinch harmonics everywhere i try. I Love IT !!!

"Compleeted my tone!!" submitted January 26, 2010

Music Style: Beatles to Slipknot
Sound: This pedal compleeted my overall tone! I play through a Mesa F-50 with a Gibson Sg. I play a lot of heavy stuff. When i first got my amp I just coulnt get enough juice out of it. I brought home this pedal nd did an exparament. I put my ap distortion at half, then threw the pedal's overdrive on tp of it. WOW!!! I got a HUGE impovement in my tone. I have tried countless other overdrives, but for what i use them for, this one is best. I love the tone! Ease of Use: Easy, like any other stomp box. Quality: Verry sturdy. Steel made and heavy. Zero problembs yet. Value: I bought mine at $100. This is great deal for this product. Overall: One ofhe most imortant musical choices ive ever made.

"Matt's Review" submitted January 4, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: I guess I'm to old to remember that either.
Music Style: I keep my options open to whatever...who needs a genre when you can play everything.
Sound: It really hugs the midrange creating a much clearer distortion rather then a much bassier, thicker tone most distortion pedals create. Feature: I can't see many features on the thing, it's just a very good distortion pedal with many clear distortion tones you can select. Quality: As crazy as it sounds, I so far dropped it down the stairs and dropped my guitar case on it with the guitar in it so! Yeah...self explanitory isn't it? Value: Hey, ya get what ya pay for...Although if that was the case the vintage one would be the best one...lol Manufacturer Support: didn't need anyones support so I would rate it a 10 because I never had to bother with anyone. The Wow Factor: It's got sucha ugly green color...it just attracted me I guess? Overall: Beats my MXR Distortion +.

Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 Customer Review submitted July 17, 2006

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Techno, Jazz
Sound: Great distortion. Works great for lead or rhythm (especially indie). Feature: Features? It's a distortion pedal... ok... LED, 3 knobs, switch. Adapter not included. Ease of Use: Are you kidding? Quality: No problems whatsoever. I use this pedal all the time and it works like a charm. Good battery life, too. Value: One of the best sounding pedals out there, so price isn't really an option anyway now is it? The Wow Factor: It's green... and it's built very well.

"Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer" submitted October 6, 2010

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Sound: This pedal is not overwhelming and compliments my mesa boogie roadster. Gives channel the edge I need for blues picking and gives both my 3rd and 4th channel the extra shape I was looking for. Feature: Simple yet easy to adjust. Ease of Use: very simple indeed. fine tuning this to any tube amps would be a breeze. Quality: I have had any problems with it. knock on wood! Value: Well worth the money. Manufacturer Support: No need them yet. The Wow Factor: Green color is alright. I can spot a tube screamer easy. Overall: I would continue to buy ibanez pedals.

"!! WONDERFUL!!!" submitted February 11, 2014

By Kirk Newell in Hopkins, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Trumpet & Bass Clarinet through grade school & high school. Picked up the Guitar in high school
Music Style: Rock,Jazz & some Blues
Overall: This thing ROCKS !!! Great sound !!

"10 year user says:..." submitted May 10, 2005

Musical Background: Active recording and gigging musician
Music Style: Hard rock
Sound: very nice sounding distortion pedal, probably the best at what it does. I use a Marshall TSL2000 60 watt amp and a Les Paul Classic, and a Big Apple Stratocaster. I own a black muff pi, a boss DS-1, a boss metal zone, and a boss ME-50. This is a pedal I always come back to. The ME-50 gets close to being as good. I play in a gigging hard rock/alternative band (Lost Disciples.com). The pedal is built super tough. Great for blues to hard rock. The distortion on this sounds very natural for a pedal. It's not for super heavy music cuz the gain just doesn't go that high. Great for boosting your amps gain for a real good bite. It is a good booster for leads of any type of music. I love this pedal as part of my arsenal If I lost it, I'd find another. I'm considering using it as one of my main tones. I lets you hear the sound of your guitar without coloring everything too much. You can play it lightly for cleaner sounds or hit the strings hard for more distortion! Feature: three knobs... drive, tone, and level. Cover on bottom clips over battery compartment. AC adapter available. Simple features. does what it needs to do. Dial in a little bite or some hard rocking tones. Quality: It's built probably better than a Boss pedal. Feels super solid. Nice heavy duty spring action switching. Never worried about it. Only thing is that after 10 years of knocking around in my gig bag the knobs wiggle slightly. Durability would be a lot better than the newer plastic grey units with the same name. Value: Great value.. if you really value tone. Only way for better distortion would be to try a very expensive pedal. Manufacturer Support: Never needed them The Wow Factor: Nice color Overall: would replace it. won't need anything else for it's use in my set up

"Great Pedal" submitted January 28, 2008

Overall
Sound: Sound I heard was great on this thing. Ecspecially if you want to play Paul Gilbert music. Feature: Its a tube screamer its green and kicks ass Ease of Use: very easy to use just has three knobs Quality: its awesome not a boss pedal but it still gives you that great sound that you are looking for. Value: very good priced Manufacturer Support: I like Ibanez i buy only there stuff like guitar and maybe some pedals The Wow Factor: it looks really plain though Overall: overall its an awesome pedal

"you want this pedal no matter what" submitted July 10, 2006

Musical Background: in a band
Music Style: rock , metal
Sound: very nice soloing sound almost clean sounding but still heavily distorted Feature: thats all you really need Ease of Use: easy use nice easy fast channle switching Quality: very well made pedal Value: spendy but totally worth every penny Manufacturer Support: none The Wow Factor: the color is really cool it stands out Overall: the best pedal ever

"It's awesome..." submitted March 16, 2009

Music Style: Metal, Hard Core, Rock, Alternative
Sound: it has a awesome sound but you need a good cable and a good amp... Feature: its good but need more features. the tone is good the overdrive is awesome the volume at the max, awesome... Ease of Use: just plug it in set it up and ready to go... Quality: its ibanez. its good... Value: for the price i would buy it... The Wow Factor: i do whant it...

"STRAT + TS9 + BASSMAN HEAD = BIG GRIN!" submitted April 3, 2005

Musical Background: Active musician of 30 years playing live
Music Style: Rock / blues :Jimi Hendrix trbute
Sound: I play in a blues / rock band, and although I tend to shy away from what the masses rave about and use my own ears, I just wish I had for once listened to what the majority of guitar players out there are saying! This pedal is a keeper. I have tried many boutique ts clones in the belief that they would be superior, WRONG! I use a strat into a Budda wah, dunlop rotovibe, custom built fuzzface clone, TS9, Fender 66'blackface bassman head. My sound was always suffering from being thin, enter the TS9, I can max the gain and still it will clean up enough from the guitar volume knob for double stops, jazzy chords and toneful passages. I must admit I do not know what this pedal sound like through a solid state amp, only a class valve amp, but for my style it sings. I find the tone control to be a touch harsh when maxed, so hey! I don't max it! Probably humbucker users would benfit from the wide range of this control, but I never have it past 11 o' clock. The thing I also love about the TS9, is that it sound just as good when the amp is at low volume as when the amp is cooking, but in a live situation, I use the fuzz to goose it into wild distortion. The thing I cannot understand is that so many reviewers state the pedal provides distortion! IT DOES NOT! It is a overdrive device!and a really good one at that! Feature: It has a DC input, great for saving on batteries, Volume, Gain and tone. What more could you need? Quality: The pedal seems to be robust and well put together, I have heard that on older reissue models the switch has failed, so I hope that this problem has been rectified. Value: After buying modded TS's and Boutique pedals, this reissue represents very good value. Manufacturer Support: I have had no contact with manufacturers, so cannot say. The Wow Factor: I hate the colour green! Overall: Being a guitarist, I would never say my search is over for the ultimate tone! But Hey! thats what keeps the guitar, amp and all things related industry rollin' on! All i will say is that for now I am a "Happy Bunny" Like I said, guitar players for years have raved about the Tubescreamers, I just wish that I had listened, I would have saved myself a lot, and I mean a LOT of cash. I hate the colour of this pedal...Yukky green! but it did not deter me from buying it, I stomp on it, not wear it!

"This product does NOT scream, it merely talks." submitted March 17, 2006

Musical Background: Producer, recording engineer, and musician
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Hip-hop, and funk
Sound: It don't see what the big deal is. It just sounds like mediocre distortion/overdrive to me. Quality: Pretty good. Value: It costs way more than what it's worth. The Wow Factor: I guess it's a vintage standard or something. I would take one for free, but I refuse to pay for it. Overall: I was highly disappointed. I was expecting a way cooler sound. Don't be fooled by the hype, it's not as great as you think.

When you call, mention priority code 12DY-7K44. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976