When you call, mention priority code 146F-VNJY

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez TS808 TubeScreamer

Warm up your tone with this classic overdrive pedal! From the square footswitch to the famous JRC4558 chip, this reissue recreates Ibanez's original TS-808.

"MY MOJO'S WORKING NOW WITH MY NEW TS808." submitted February 10, 2009

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Overall
Musical Background: 26 years of guitar mastering !
Music Style: BLUE .ROCK,
Sound: YES,THIS IS IT! THE NEW TS-808 IS THE MOJO FOR YOUR RIG.REMEMBER THAT IT IS NOT A DISTORTION PEDAL! IT IS,HOWEVER,THE PEDAL TO EXACTLY DUPLICATE THE OVERDRIVEN ,TUBESCREAMING,AND CLEAR SOUND OF SRV ! WHEN I SAY CLEAN I AM SAYING THAT THIS TANK OF A PEDAL PRODUCES A VERY TRANSPARENT TONE SO YOUR GUITARS NATURAL SOUND COMES THROUGH. Ease of Use: VERY EASY TO USE.WITH ONLY 3 KNOBS YOU GET UNDERWAY QUICKLY. Quality: I HAVE A 25 YEAR OLD IBANEZ MS10 METAL CHARGER AND IT IS STILL LIKE NEW,SO I SUSPECT MY NEW TS808 WILL LAST A LIFETIME. Value: THE TS808 AIN'T CHEAP BUT WELL WORTH THE MONEY ONCE YOU HEAR THE 'MOJO'. The Wow Factor: A MUST HAVE FOR ALL VINTAGE TONE FREAKS.

"A rich and warm tube sound" submitted January 13, 2014

By Mitch L in Winona, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player for 8 years. and I just jam at home.
Music Style: Metal - Rock - Classic Rock
Sound: This pedal is a really unique overdrive pedal because it adds so much warmth to your tone when you use it to boost you amp. I use a Mini Rectifier, which I rarely even need the Tube screamer, but when I do use it lets just say it adds a lot of rich and warm tones coming from it. Whether you want to boost your solo output or boost your tubes to some insane high gain this pedal is for you. A lot of people say it doesn't have much tone to it, but a lot of people I talked to said the opposite as its really a nice warm tone. If you're looking to get the maximum high-gain sound out of it try these settings: Overdrive 0-3 ( all the way off or up to 9 o clock ). Tone - All the way up. Level - all the way up. With the Level all the way up and drive down to none or barely any, it really pushes your pedal and your tubes to the max because your getting all the volume and gain you need in one pedal. Feature: Its got 3 main features. Overdrive - which acts as a gain output. The farther you turn the knob, the more gain you'll get. If you do decide to crank it all the way, invest in a noise suppressor - it will come in handy. The tone knob - This is what a lot of people have a dilemma on. Its really easy to dial in a tone because all your doing is having low end on the left, and high end on the far right, and mids straight up. That's how I've found it to be. It really delivers warm high end sound with the tone knob all the way to the right. The Level knob - This function is your basic output or volume knob if you will. Really simple to use just adjust it to your output needs. Ease of Use: It's really simple to use. Just mess around with it until you find what you're looking for. 3 knobs should be easy enough for anyone to get familiar with. Quality: It's made extremely well. Fully functional, no defects or defaults with it. Value: In all its value is at an okay price. Other overdrive pedals aren't as versatile and great sounding as this one. With that said it drives the price up more, making it more expensive because its a more popular choice amongst metal heads. If I had to be honest and say what a fair price or what the sale price should be I would say around 100-115, not 180. But for 180 you cannot go wrong here because every other pedal I've tried doesn't come close to this one. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them yet, but if the time comes I'm hoping they will be of help. The Wow Factor: It's a really nice tube screamer, and has a nice green color. It sticks out a lot and makes you go " hey I wanna try that the guy " and sure enough it really sounds amazing. Overall: This product is great for getting high-gain sounds out of or just a pure solo booster.

"Classic Sound, for Lead Guitarist, but NOT "Warm"" submitted February 15, 2010

By a customer from nc.rr.com
Music Style: Alternative, Classic Rock, Singer Songwriter
Sound: This is an overdrive that starts with a distortion crunch and goes to a more distortion, but never into Metal territory. Feature: The Adapters for these are outdated. Time to get standardized. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Quality: Amazing construction. Solid Metal Case. Value: A Bit expensive, and there is a lot of competition for good overdrives under this one's price range. It's more for you trying to reproduce the sound of famous recordings made with it. Manufacturer Support: Don't know about them. The Wow Factor: It's very useful to getting a Classic Rock overdrive/distortion. Overall: The thing about this pedal is it is NOT "Warm" even though advertised as that. This pedal will ZAP your tone, and produce a sound that is VERY colored, not your amp AT ALL. If that bothers you, look elsewhere (Barber is transparent) I like it, but was at first put off by it. BUT, it does seem like you have 2 amps when you use this. Another annoying aspect, true of these types of overdrive pedals, is that the Bypass volume is lower than the overdrive volume. Because of this, you WILL be louder when switched ON. Because of this, it's not a Rhythmer's pedal, but a Lead Guitarists pedal, who often want more. I'd say this is for Lead Guitar, and a one-trick pony. Not the most versatile sound, but it IS an authentic one that has been used extensively in Rock history. I'd say it's worth owning, but do know there are more transparent, more more, less tone-sucking overdrives out there for 40% cheaper than this pedal by far. Just being honest, and I really LIKE this pedal!
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great overdrive!!" submitted September 27, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Blues
Sound: This thing is awesome! I bought the TS-9 about 5 years ago and it sucked! I'm old enough to have had one of the original Tube screamers (like a dummy I didn't keep it) and used it through a Mark II 50 watt Marshall and it was great so when I first bought the TS-9 I thought it was the same. Wrong!! Not even close. With the reissue you get that old warm tone and clarity in your sound. Ease of Use: Not much to it..... Quality: Built like a tank!! Value: A bit too expensive. Are the orignal chips that much more? Still worth it..... Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use support. Overall: I only give it a 9 because of the cost. Otherwise, you won't be sorry if you purchase one.

"Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer" submitted April 27, 2007

Music Style: Hard, Bluesy Rock
Sound: In a word: beautiful. Nice raunchy overdrive that adds crunch to any riff or an excellent sustainer and boost for leads. The tone knob's effect is somewhat subtle, but keeping it right in the middle lets you dial in your tone elsewhere (guitar, amp, etc...). This pedal adds a "vintage" sound to your tone, but that's half of its appeal. Feature: It only has three knobs, but that's all it needs. The tone knob is not very responsive, but the TS-808 has such a great tone, it doesn't really need one. Ease of Use: Three knobs. It doesn't get any easier than this. Its very straight-foreward controls let you plug-in and play without having to read a manual first. Quality: I have owned this pedal for a year-and-a-half, and have gigged with it at least every other weekend. It barely has a scratch. Top-notch. Value: This is a rather expensive pedal. Of course it is a reissue of a classic. If you are actively recording or playing shows, this is a great buy. However, if you are starting out, and just want a boost, I advise to save some mulah and go for a cheaper overdrive. Manufacturer Support: A ten because I have never needed any support with this product. The Wow Factor: This pedal was used by the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughn, so if you dig his music, then you probably already want or have one. But this is just an overdrive pedal (an expensive one at that). I have heard numerous complaints form other players that "it doesn't have enough gain." This is not a distortion pedal, just anoverdrive. If you want both you may want to srring for a combo like BOSS's OS-2. Of course, you need to try this pedal to decide for yourself. Overall: Of all the overdrives I have tried, this is the best. Sweet tone, raunchy crunch and I guarantee it will last for ages. This will always have a spot on my pedal board.

"TS-808: A must-have for tone freaks." submitted February 27, 2007

By a customer from goofydawg.net
Musical Background: Active Musician, Musical Director, Home Recording Hobbyist
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Alternative, Contemporary Christian
Sound: Tonally, this is a great box, and it really responds well to volume changes on your guitar. At low volume settings it adds just a touch of grit. When you crank up your guitar's volume, the overdrive gets nicely dirty, but it doesn't sacrifice the overall clarity of your tone. That's important because when I get into a lead, I can go over the top of the band, without having to add more a lot more volume. Feature: Three knobs: Overdrive, Tone, and Level. That's all you need. Ease of Use: As I said above: Three knobs. It couldn't get easier than this. As another reviewer mentioned, tone control could be a little better, but I tend to use my guitar's tone controls for that, so I usually just keep the tone knob set to 12 o'clock. Quality: Great construction. This thing is very solidly built. Value: Considering that original TS-808's are going for $450 nowadays, I'd have to say that despite the higher price you pay compared to other kinds of pedals, this is a great value considering what you get. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call support on this. The Wow Factor: I just had to have this pedal after playing around with it a few times in a various guitar stores. I've been moving towards a more vintage sound in my playing, and the Tube Screamer adds that "vintage" grittiness that I like. Overall: Note that this pedal is all about tone, as another reviewer stated. Yeah, you can boost your signal as that's what an overdrive does, but it's not meant for really heavy distortion. For that, you should just get a distortion pedal. But if you want to add punch and grit to your sound, the TS-808 is literally a must-have.

"Perfect and Legendary, but... Overpriced." submitted April 2, 2006

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: Pro musician, Sales, Engineer, Product tester
Music Style: Anything but hip-hop, and I'm with ya.
Sound: I've been playing for 35+ years, and I purchased my first Tube Screamer back around 1980. If you're looking for a warm, bluesy overdrive with a minimum of noise... look no further. This is an effect which is best used for its subtle tones and relatively "sane" overdrive characteristics. In fact, in combination with a vintage Strat, I can't think of any other device that comes close to this pedal when it comes to producing the perfect "flavor" for Texas-style blues. Feature: It doesn't have a lot of features, simply because this pedal is simply a one-trick pony. Plug it in, fire it up, adjust the 3 knobs to taste and the rest is up to you and your fingers. I can't stress this enough: think of the TS808 as a TONE effect, and not so much as a fuzzbox. If you're looking for heavy overdrive, you're in the wrong place. The TS808 is all about WARMTH and subtlety. I never did understand why they put the word "Screamer" in it's name... although if you really push it, it can wail Steve Ray Vaughan style with no troubles at all, and a minimum of hissy noise (thanks to the coveted 4558 chips). Ease of Use: The footswitches on Tube Screamers have always been a point of contention over the years, but overall it's a very easy pedal to use. You'll have it up and running just the way you like it in no time. Works best in conjunction with a tube amp, or at least with an amp modeled after one of the classic tube stacks and combos. Quality: It's a tank. My only issue is with the footswitches, which I've mentioned already. More specifically, after owning one for several years, don't be surprised if the footswitch goes intermittent on you. This was particularly bad on the original TS9's, but the 808's also occasionally suffered from footswitch problems over the years. Fortunately, it's not too difficult to repair if this ends up happening to you. It's not common enough to worry about in any case. Value: This is where we come to a parting of the ways. This pedal is a re-issue of a unit that originally sold for around 45 bucks when it was first introduced. Ibanez has obviously priced this re-issue VERY high, no doubt because it has become legendary amongst professionals as being one of the finest overdrive units ever produced. Well... I'm sorry, but as wonderful as the TS808 may be, it's not worth the re-issue price. That is, not unless this is the ONLY way you can get your hands on a working TS808. Manufacturer Support: Ibanez has always had their you-know-what together. I've never heard of any complaints about their support, and I doubt I ever will. The Wow Factor: The unmatched tones of this unit are super-sexy. I've never minded its funky "Kermit green" color, either. The TS808 is a winner. You'll be proud to have one in your lineup. At present (and for over 25 years), there simply is no substitute for this pedal... which is no doubt another reason for its high price. Overall: This review would have gotten a perfect 10 across the board, were it not for the hefty price tag. That aside, there is really nothing bad to say about the TS808. If you get one, you'll fall in love with its beautiful tones and response characteristics immediately. This is a pedal that you'll end up using for life. I've had mine for over 25 years, and it still kicks major booty each and every time I play.

Ibanez TS808 TubeScreamer Customer Review submitted June 25, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sounds really warm, ideal for blues or just adding a bit more gain to your tone. I use it with the MXR Zakk Wylde distortion, and it's lethal. It's a very good purchase. Feature: More tone control would be nice, but otherwise the controls give a significant amount of possible sounds. Ease of Use: Just play and play. Quality: Built like a friggin' tank. Cool colour, too.

Ibanez TS808 TubeScreamer Customer Review submitted October 14, 2005

Overall
Sound: perfect, no other pedal comes close to these rich, warm, blues tones Feature: what more do you need in an overdrive: tone level and my favorite gain

"A product for professionals." submitted January 22, 2005

Overall
Sound: Great warm sound, which any professional artist, that know how to use his guitar, will love. Feature: Can be used to play funk, fusion, blues, and rock.. the drive is not dirty enough and square enough for metal playing Value: many of the other products sound like toys in compare to this one. If you're playing blues or fusion, you should get one in any price.. It would sound also great for funk and rock. The Wow Factor: It so not importent question... Overall: Very good product.

"The Real Deal" submitted September 2, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer, Session Musician
Music Style: Pop, Rock, R & B, Reggae, Soul, Latin, Jazz
Sound: Instantly fattens and warms your tone like mantequilla on a hot tortilla. Gives you that sought after classic smooth tube warmth and thickness, and chunky over driven crunch while maintaining the guitars clarity and tone. Just gives my guitar the professional sound I was looking for. I use it for added punch to everything I play, from R & B, to Disco, to Pop, to Hard Rock, to Reggae, Funk, Latin, 70s heavy metal, to soul music. This is the bees knees of overdrives. Feature: Gain, Tone and Level, plus the adaptor for the power supply. What else is there? The only thing that I would ask for is for the manual to have some setting suggestions to dial up some classic tones. Ease of Use: Pretty much plug and play. Any setting sounds outstanding. Quality: Seems very sturdy and well built. Havenít put it through years of rigorous road work, but it seems like it was made to last. Value: If you are a serious player, you need this pedal. Can not really put a price on it. I remember trying the TS9 at the store (the standard tube screamer) and it just didnít do it for me. The TS808 lets you sound like the stuff you hear on the original artists recording. Itís the real deal, for the most discriminating players. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I want to buy two now, before they discontinue this model. Overall: Itís not just another great overdrive, it is THEE overdrive. If you got the scratch, this is what you were looking for. Definite show stopper.

"Could use a little more drive." submitted December 16, 2008

Hector from zZounds
Music Style: indi, alternative, instrumental
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: It sounds good, keeps you tone in tact. A fairly decent range from a light hint of over drive to a decent amount of over drive. It's more of an accent piece. The over all tone really depends on what amp you're using and how much you like your amp. It's a great way to get some drive out of your amp, but not as "ballsy" as I would like it to be. Feature: It's a pedal, just comes with the battery. Ease of Use: It's fairly easy to use and to get decent sounds from the pedal. It's basic, three knobs, can't really screw it up too bad that way. The sound is fairly clean, as in you can hear the notes you're playing. Quality: The pedal is solid! Value: Price wise, it's not bad, I'd like to see it a little less expensive. I know it has the name behind it, but I think it's just slightly over-priced. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: It's a nice pedal to have in your rig if you need to add some over drive to your songs. I guess it depends on how much over drive you're looking for. This didn't drive it enough for me, but I can see how it can be used with musicians that aren't looking to get too heavy. Overall: I'd keep looking, but then again, I'm looking for something a little heavier.

"If you want tone! This is where it's stops!Ibanez TS808 Tube screamer!" submitted March 11, 2005

Music Style: Rock/BLUES
Sound: Full and creamy gain, very nice! Feature: AC adaptor has better tone than the others(ts9,808 maxon), but still like the batteries for the best tone. Quality: Simple and ready to work for you until you drop.Tough made. Value: Hey if you want the best, you can' beat the price! Manufacturer Support: No problems yet! The Wow Factor: Looks like the original! SO it's great! Overall: I will have it for life..Maybe buy another one.

"THIS IS THE BEST TUBE SCREAMER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted May 25, 2004

Overall
Sound: i don't have a tube amp but this amp sounds so much like a tube amp. Feature: the overdrive gives you a clean crunch, i love to blast my overdrive. Quality: my friend has a ts808 and he got his with his guitar Value: tis great for what you get!!!! Manufacturer Support: Ibanes has great support. you want it thay make it. The Wow Factor: i want it. Overall: the best i have ever seen.

"A little pricy but a very nice unit to have on the pedal board." submitted December 15, 2010

By a customer from jdcousin.com
Overall
Musical Background: 35 yrs. looking for new band.
Music Style: rock, blues orig etc.
Sound: Sounds great with the amount of time i have used it. Looking forward for some time off to really get into it with the Cry Baby i have. Ease of Use: No problem.

By a customer from jdcousin.com
Overall
Musical Background: 35 yrs. looking for new band.
Music Style: rock, blues orig etc.

When you call, mention priority code 146F-VNJY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976