When you call, mention priority code 156Y-DKSF

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon

This wah pedal gives you more control than any other wah on the market. It feature effect shaping controls, spring and normal footboard action, and selectable wah range.

"One size fits all!" submitted February 10, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Indie, industrial, and techno.
Sound: The WD7 is extremely versatile. It can be so subtle as to be unnoticeable, so extreme as to be unbearable, and everything in between. I do electronic/metal stuff, but I've stumbled across great funk, blues, and jazz tones. I use it for both my guitar and my bass, and it excels with both. The only thing it can't do is uber-hi-fi, as it adds a very subtle and pleasing (IMO) grit, no matter the setting. It's touchy about power, though. Crappy power ANYWHERE in your pedal board will make it hiss even when bypassed. Power everything with batteries and quality wallwarts, though, and it's dead silent. Feature: Quite frankly, I find all other wahs annoying. They have too much range or not enough, are too loose or too stiff, etc, etc, and there's no way to adjust them. The WD7 can be custom fit to you and your playing style, and that's liberating, to say the least. Add that to the tone controls, and you can make it the wah of your dreams. Ease of Use: It's definitely not plug-and-play. It took me a half-hour to get the ergonomics right and a few hours of practice to get the hang of how the tone controls interact with each other. Still, knob-haters take comfort as this is a perfect set-and-forget unit. Once you've tuned it, you can lock the knobs down and forget they exist. I've moved it cross-country twice, and both times it's come out of the box with exactly the same settings it went in with. Quality: The case is rock-solid and lead-heavy, the soldering is A-grade, the circuit boards attached with a ridiculous number of screws, and it's optical. If you break this, there's something wrong with you. Value: It's cheap, but it sounds and plays a whole lot better than anything else on the market once tweaked. Change gear, change playing style, or change genre and you just have to twiddle a couple knobs to make it fit. In other words, it's the last wah you'll ever buy. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact them, but this pedal's so tough I doubt I'll need to. The Wow Factor: There's nothing chintzy or cheap about it and the finish is practically invincible. I think the photos make it seem smaller than it actually is, but otherwise it's WYSIWYG. I'm not a fan of the design, but it's a floor unit, so no one's going to notice it but me. Overall: Once tweaked, it's a blast to play and it sounds fantastic, so if you can put up with the funky looks and supply it with clean juice this is the wah for you. I would recommend it to any guitarist and bassist, no matter what they play.

"Best. Wah. Ever." submitted January 5, 2012

Musical Background: 20+ years
Music Style: rock, jazz
Sound: The 'wah' effect on a sound wave is complicated, and not all guitar tone settings are amenable to wah shaping -unless you have this pedal! This pedal allows you to fine tune all the key factors of the wah effect. I've found that vintage style wah pedals (e.g. Crybaby, Vox) only sound effective in a narrow range of guitar tones, and even then their tonal depth and effect sweep is limited, like they only activate half-way. Morely wah's have a better sweep than vintage style ones, but they completely recolor the tone signal to my disliking. This Ibanez pedal has what I would call a comprehensive wah effect -very dramatic and toneful. Feature: Solid metal construction of the chassis gives me confidence that absolutely nothing will break under normal use. Can operate as a footswitch activated wah OR, with the turning of a lever located on the side, as a movement-activated pedal: just an outstanding feature! The location of the footswitch is easy to press with your foot without hitting anything else, and it doubles as the cover to the battery compartment --> very smart! The tone-shaping buttons can be pushed in flush to the base so they're out of the way: they really thought of everything on this device! Ease of Use: It's very easy to get great tones out of this pedal. The knobs do their job, you just have to do yours and find what you like. The design of the foot lever contains negative space which lightens the weight of the unit. Quality: Worked perfectly out of the box with the matching power supply. I don't use batteries for pedals because batteries deliver their best juice on the first day, and then begin the process of failing . Common flaws of vintage style wah's are failure to activate when you stomp on the lever; poor sweep; no AC power option; and battery compartments that require removing screws. This pedal avoids all of those problems. Value: Easily worth its price, and better than anything else that I've tried at this price level. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: Its appeal to me is that it works better than any wah pedal I've ever owned or tried. The color looks better in real life than in pictures: no nonsense. Overall: My search for a good wah pedal is over. If it were lost I would probably buy another and hope that the quality were the same as before.

Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Customer Review submitted January 12, 2006

Overall
Sound: try the intrustion manual it helps a LOT set your range to 10 o clock your low to 3 o clock you level to 2 o clock and your Q to 12 o clock and you get a nice fat lead wah sound Feature: you will never find a wah pedal that does more then that, tone lok controls range pedal friction auto seitch foot switch Q Level Low Bass wah electric wah nice feel GREAT sound low range wah and A LOT MORE I RECOMMED THIS

"mama....i´m cryin" submitted June 18, 2007

By a customer from ono.com
Music Style: blues, rock, thrash
Sound: the sound is amazing. i´m into rock, thrash, death metal,etc and this is perfect. this baby screams, meows, cries......and more. i´m one of those guys that are trapped into trying to find the best wah pedal on the market. this comes pretty close for a wah freak. can they make pedal scream more than this guy? if yes, which one? pleeeaaase. beleive this or not, but i was using it and someone thought a cat was crying....now is that a good sign or what!? i´m torn between giving 10. but i believe one day the perfect wah pedal will be made. you can play with this baby alllll night.....to hell with the neighbours! Feature: basic and simple. the way we like it. Ease of Use: easy to use, straight forward. you´ll need 10 to 20 minutes to paly around. Quality: so far so good. seems a tad delicate. i refrain myself from stepping on it hard. i have dropped it a few times, but all was ok after. Value: come on! for the price you get this baby to scream ! its a deal .....its a fantstic deal. get it...now Manufacturer Support: unknown The Wow Factor: it is sexy Overall: i'm giving a 9 bordering 10. after my long search for an extreme wah pedal...this comes the closest. if you're into making yr guitar cry,moan,wail,etc then you def need this. without a doubt.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Impressive pedal without the 25+ dollar artist signature." submitted May 21, 2010

Overall
Sound: Great sound, very tweak-able but I must say it seems a little more sensitive to your effects chain order and loops. Once I found the right order all was well. It's not a true by-pass but I couldn't hear any extra noise or ill effects. I've used on both a 5150 combo (noisy as hell all the time anyway) and a whisper quiet solid state amp. The range this thing can get is extreme... That likely contributes to the reason why it was so picky where it was placed. Feature: They must have sat around for days thinking of options to add to a wah. I don't know what else you could possibly add... went from a 1985 well known wah (with the option to manually adjust the height of the on-off toggle) to this thing. For all the drop tuners out there, you can adjust it to be more receptive to the lower frequencies, even bass guitar. If you must use a battery, the battery is top loaded by just lifting the cover up... omg, no screws, no allens, no footpegs to remove and loose. Ease of Use: It will take some adjustment to get the way you want, but thats the beauty of this thing. I have to admit it took me over 20 minutes before I figured out that the battery compartment doubled as the on-off switch on one of the modes. ...I'm sure that was written in the instruction book, but who wants to read that thing?! ; P Quality: Metal - solid. The ability to hide the tweak knobs are a nice attention to detail. I had to 'stand' on my old model to get it to turn on. These odd ability for the pedal to detect when you touch it seems almost too fragile to me but time will tell. Value: No comparison.. I'm bumping this score to 10. For a hundred bones it's one of the cheaper models. I'll admit I've never tried a 300-500 dollar wah but I can't imagine it sounds much better. Manufacturer Support: I've never called Ibanez support in the 25 years I've been using their instruments and products. The Wow Factor: No cool Hammett green n bones, no EVH paint scheme, No Tremonte patriotic red white n blue, but no silly mark up for a paint job. If having a LOT of control knobs is sexy, you'll give this score a 10 Overall: I would be super pissed if someone managed to slip this giant pedal under their coat and steal it from me. I would replace this thing for sure. I took a chance on this purchase as Ibanez isn't exactly known for effects pedals... but they did wonders with the tube screamer. Once I got it home and played with all the settings I was in love.

"This pedal is the bomb!" submitted December 27, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Musical Background: 39 years. Guitar and MIDI keyboard. I make music on Reason 6 at home for my own pleasure.
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal
Sound: This pedal is the bomb! This is by far the most versatile wah I have ever played, and I have played a lot of them. The settings are easy to learn, you can virtually use this in any musical situation. You can make it have bassy sounds on the high strings if you want to, even. Want to have some real fun? Use an E-bow with it with a little delay and this thing sounds like it's going to "blast off!" Feature: There are 3 locking buttons: Bass, mid, and treble. A wah range button for tone, a button for wah delay, and an adjustable switch on how high the pedal goes before it goes to the pass through mode. All settings are remembered the moment you plug it in. Ease of Use: This pedal is so easy to use, I read the manual in 5 minutes, and just started tweaking. There is no learning curve. It's super simple, and all my friends are chomping at the bit to play with it as well! Quality: This is solid as a rock as it is steel encased. I like the look, it's a lot bigger than the pictures on the website indicate, but who cares. I think this will last a good long time. Value: You can spend $269 on other wahs, but I doubt if they could beat this pedal. Manufacturer Support: Have had no problems, so no support issues. The Wow Factor: It looks like it rocks. And it DOES! Overall: I have all the tools now I need for my guitar set up. If I lost or if it was stolen, I'd replace it with another one in a heartbeat.

"Killer" submitted April 4, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist, play gigs here and there
Music Style: hard rock, country , blues almost everything but jazz
Sound: Sounds killer a lot of tone in this little beast Feature: I wish it had come with the ac adapter but for the price and what your getting cant complain too much Ease of Use: I was dialing in on my tone within a few minutes Quality: I would not drop it off a the roof of my house but im sure it will withstand normal wear and tear Value: Your not gonna beat this for 100 bucks Manufacturer Support: never dealt with em The Wow Factor: It does look bad ass different look from the others Overall: If something happened to it I would get another Im very hard to satisfy when it comes to wahs but this one is the cats ass

"This wah is godly!" submitted July 27, 2010

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist, with occassional public shows
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Country, Blues, Alt. Rock,
Sound: Well, this is great. I've played several wahs, around and above this price range, and all I can say is..Wow. This thing squeaks, Quacks, Purrs, whatever you need. Great wah. Feature: Everyone else has gone over them....very nice too be able to tinker with the wah and not just hope it sounds good. Ease of Use: If you read the manual, your all good. Quality: Well built, although I don't tend to step on it too hard, anyway. Value: This is as nice as about any big name $$$$ wah, with the exception of a 250$ Clyde fulltone. Manufacturer Support: No idea, but ibanez is a good company. The Wow Factor: It looks great, especially the weeping demon logo, and such. Overall: It just plan and simple, great, great wah pedal.

"AMAZING!!!" submitted July 4, 2008

Overall
Sound: The sound is great, it was exactly what I was looking for. And the price is great, you dont have to be a rock star to afford it.(unlike some other wahs i looked at) Feature: its just amazing how many features the manufacturer could fit on the one piece of equipment. the other wahs a looked at barely had anything on them! Ease of Use: For everyone, I would highly recomend reading the instructions. you need to know exactly what all the knobs and switches do to get the perfect sound. Quality: This product will never have to be replaced, the metal shell seems pretty strong, but I still like to keep it in the box on a shelf when not in use.(mainly because I dont want to trip on it) Value: Very good, I dont thind I could have gotten a better deal, legaly anyway.If I saw this product in a window, I would have asumed that it was somewhere around $175. but its not. Manufacturer Support: havent needed it, and I dont think i will. The Wow Factor: It lookes very cool, nice color combination. Overall: this is a very good wah, i highly recomend it, its got every thing you would want in a wah.

"Great demon at a not so weeping price.... lame I know." submitted August 10, 2005

Musical Background: 3 and a half years as a musician
Music Style: metal (Death, Thrash, Black, Power, Grindcore)
Sound: The sound of the Weeping Demon is very clean and true to the tone of the guitar. The sound responds alot to my playing because the wah is after the distortion pedals, not before as some people put them, which is one source of this pedals "weakness". Another is that they are using batteries that are browning out, making the wah weaker. The sound is quite expressive, and the wah's sweep is quite big. The wah helps me achieve the sounds that I want from a wah, and many many more. This wah is probably compatible with any style, just not any setup. Some sounds are better than others, but only when the wah is spiking the frequencies too much. The wah is very clean, and true to the tone clean. It sounds very good with a metal planet as OD going into a Rampage as distortion going into the wah, into a peavey rockmaster. The different settings are what gives it its versatility, and can be used for any style of music. Feature: The most useful features are the tone lok knobs that push into the chasis of the wah, and the parameters the knobs change. Quality: This product is made quite well, out of metal and quality plastic. There are no loose parts or cosmetic blemishes. The product is quite reliable. Value: This pedal should be in the 150 range, it has a great value and tons of features. Overall: I expect to be satisfied with this wah until it breaks, which will hopefully be never. This product helps my musical goals where I need it most: soloing. It has a vast sweep of the wah, from deep to really high pitched and when pushed to the highest point, the wah makes for a good solo channel.

"This pedal is friggin awesome. This pedal is better than anything else you might be looking at. I guarantee it!" submitted March 29, 2008

Music Style: All except Jazz
Sound: Seriously, this pedal is bad to the bone. I went through every wah pedal pretty much one by one. Thing is they all disappointed me... big time!! I was like... this just isn't enough rage / the sound I want(!!!) or that I am looking for (very expressive). Then I found the weeping demon. Hhmmm... where should I start. You can friggin control everything / get the perfect sound with all the settings available. People who say "it muddies your tone haven't spent any time with it." Look, it has a gain, a Q and a low setting. You can get any sound you want from it. You can find that perfect sound or you can make it sound like crap. It is an effects pedal! You can take it too far or get it just where you want it BUT! at least you have the ability to decide what your sound is. It can go subtle or extreme. PLUS!!! it can be set to use as a bass wah pedal. For the best sound you def need to play with it (controls) but once you do I haven't had a wah pedal that even comes close. It goes down crazy (range) and can be easily set to do things that only a high-end Dunlop will do if you spend more money (basic price starts at 60 (no frills / sucky wah) then goes to 150/170 if you want Slash / Dimebag / the good stuff models). I have heard people complain (few) about this pedal but when you have a pedal that allows you to tweak every feature you are going to get complainers cuz people don't know how to set it up right! Trust me!!! I have tried a lot of wahs. You know what is crazy is I have the newest version of Office / Word and I can find every feature except for spell check. What!?!? That is why I love this pedal. They made it all about me. Easy. Simple. Lots of options. Right price range... hell yaah! Now... for the friggin spell check. Feature: Hhhmmm... Auto Switch - Awesome! Auto Switch sensitivity - Awesome! Big time pedal range / sweep - You read my mind! Complete control over sound - Keep it coming guys. 50 to 70 dollars less than a comparable pedal at best. - Does someone have a tissue my eyes are watering. Fun to play - ONLY REASON I BOTHERED TO POST A COMMENT (which I have never done before!) PS - Being able to fine tune the actual pedal range - awesome. You can pick where you want the pedal to 'take off.' Seriously, just buy this damn pedal and move on. (IF YOU DO NOT AGREE I SWEAR YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PEDAL SET RIGHT WITH YOUR AMP. SOMETIMES EVERY OPTION IN THE WORLD CAN BE A PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE TILL YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT ALL THE DIF SETTINGS DO. READ THE MANUAL. SIMPLE IS NICE BUT FORREST GUMP DOESN'T PLAY GUITAR!) Plus this thing still sounds great out of the box. Ease of Use: Uhm here is where it gets tricky. This product rocks big time. BUT... It is a two sided deal here. It gives you every option possible for perfect sound / performance but if you just flip knobs and plug it in it might make your amp sound bad. Which is cool cuz you can get exactly what you want if you use your head / ears. Dial in the sound you like. You can make it sound how ever you want unlike some other wahs I have played or owned. I mean, to low can be bad, to much gain can be bad. JUST LIKE YOUR AMP OR ANY OTHER PEDAL!!!!! At least you can set it. Get the sound where you like it and no matter what it will still do stuff a lower to middle end Crybaby cannot do! Higher end Crybabys aren't better either, they just start to compare. Auto switch is awesome but the way!! Quality: Love it. Love that you can push your setting buttons in and never worry about everything changing accidentally. Love that you can switch pedal modes (normal wah / spring loaded). Feals durable. If you take a hammer to your equipment then you are rich and have problems or you are an idiot and have problems. Value: Look buy any other wah you will spend more for the same or less for a product that is less. Some people have complained (few though) about this pedal but I doubt they had it set right. You can make this pedal sound like crap. I can also make my guitar, amp or any equipment sound like crap. That is why I buy equip that gives me a choice. I can do what I want and this pedal can hit any wah sound to low, to high, or anywhere else THAT I(!!!) choose it to go. Point is, it can adjust to your style no matter what style you're into. Manufacturer Support: Only 10 cuz I have no idea. Can't count against them if I don't know. The Wow Factor: OK, this survey just asked me about the products sex appeal. Most other pedals look like they belong under your grand mamas piano. This pedal looks like the gas pedal to hell if you know what I mean. You may disagree but then look at your 'piano' pedal then look at this one and think about it. Those with Vox 847 or 847A disregard this comment seeing how the chrome (in my opinion) on your pedal makes the 'granny' piano pedal look friggin cool again. (Hell Slash Dunlop looks cool, Dimebag too if your into that SK8er look.) Overall: Look I tried most of em. Dunlops don't even compare. I DID NOT TRY VOX so I do not vouch for or against them. Heard they are great as long as you aren't big into distortion. Well WD7 (Weeping Demon) is great for everything... clean, distortion, bass guitar, etc. Unlike Dunlops which seem to have a sweet spot along the lower end of the fret board, the Ibanez did not AND put your 6 string into bass (think its called low) mode and it even wahs harder / better! I give up! Where the hell is spellcheck!

"SICK!" submitted September 18, 2012

By Blake C in Gainesville, VA
Musical Background: Guitar teacher
Music Style: Mainly rock and metal
Overall: this is my favorite wah I've ever played. you can tweak your tone so well. and the spring assist switch makes it

Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Customer Review submitted November 7, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: garage band, worship leader
Music Style: metal,rock, worship
Sound: This thing ripps. it will cry, wail, scream. If you run it without distortion it makes beautiful funky sounds. Feature: it is easy to use once you figer it out. the only problem is it dosn't come with a power addapter and it cant runn on batterys. the ajustable spring is amazing and the diffrent tone knobs are usefull Ease of Use: it is easy to use if you read up on it or if you have alot of time to play with it. Quality: this thing is a brick. it is realy solid and well built. i've dropped it twice realy bad and it didn't even scratch it. Value: it was a little pricey but deffinitly worth it Overall: it is deffinitly worth the money and worth figgring out how to use it. it works grat and you can custimize it to your style.

"This wah kicks a$$" submitted June 19, 2006

Overall
Sound: It has such a range.. its perfect. Feature: The most customizable wah I have ever seen. Ease of Use: Takes a little learning. Quality: Hard metal chassis.. not like the old wh7. Value: $100? are you kidding me?! Manufacturer Support: unknown

"Excellent value. Excellent features. Excellent tones." submitted December 6, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: 35 year gigging musician.
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Classic Rock, Blues
Sound: I've had many, many wahs, including Dunlops, Vox, and the Boss PW10. This is by far the best sounding, true bypass, adjustable in many way. The most versatile wah I've ever seen. Feature: Adjust just about any parameter, including switching between manual and automatic modes. This is an incredible wah.... both in sound and features. Quality: Should last years Value: This is an excellent wah and you get more bang per buck than with any others. Did I mention the great sound? Manufacturer Support: No ideal The Wow Factor: This is an excellent box. If you need a wah, this is the one you need. Overall: I've used this for classic rock, funk, blues, and it fills the bill for me. If you need a wah, there is no reason at all to not give this a very serious ear.

Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Customer Review submitted November 10, 2005

Overall
Sound: well you could put this product on a really cool effect pedal and like have a cool combo. Feature: yes.the choice of if you wanted to use a spring or not.there are no un needed features.i wish it had an effect padal attached to it.

"BEST WAH ON EARTH!" submitted July 21, 2004

Music Style: Everything but bluegrass
Sound: Infinite sounds..really Feature: You can change anything and everything about it! Quality: Unbreakable..tested it too ;-) Value: SO much cheaper and better than other pedals! DEFINITELY worth it!!! Manufacturer Support: Ibanez = AWESOME! The Wow Factor: You gotta have it1! Overall: This is the best wah I've ever played.

Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Customer Review submitted November 25, 2004

Overall
Feature: the spring pedal The Wow Factor: maybe since its a Demon it should be like all black or a dark color

"comments of a Qubcois francais" submitted March 20, 2008

By marc_olivier_cote
Musical Background: active msician
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Trash
Sound: the sond of this wah pedal is totali perfect...you should buy want! Ease of Use: you can adjust all of the sond, that is amazing to see how many differente sond you can do! Quality: this product can be reseelable.. its a realy durable thing Manufacturer Support: i didnt need service for it The Wow Factor: sex appeal:O XD!!?? so..if that can make my sex apel going up, its perfect becauze all girls love me;) Overall: i wanted a wah pedal for make cool sond, i try a lot of wah pedal..rocktron, crybaby ,... but when i tryed the ibanez weeping demon:O!! i did all for have it.

"No big shakes." submitted November 29, 2004

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: Active Musician, Lead guitarist
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Hendrix, Zeppelin, etc.
Sound: The sound is kinda weak. Feature: Nothing too special about it. Quality: It's fine. Value: Dont' waste your money. If you want a good wah at a low price, I'd say get a Dunlop Original Crybaby. Manufacturer Support: Wouldnt know The Wow Factor: zzz... Overall: Plain and simple: if you want a wah, get a Dunlop Crybaby.

When you call, mention priority code 156Y-DKSF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976