When you call, mention priority code 172Z-6RBB

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez TK999HT Tube King

Get massive distortion from a pedal that acts as a tube preamp. It makes any amp sound just like a tube amp.

"Performs as advertised!" submitted December 15, 2010

By a customer from aceweb.com
Musical Background: lifelong addict
Music Style: Classic rock and Blues
Sound: You might prefer the tone as-is it comes with an Electro-Harmonics 12AX7 which is a very fine tube. I replaced the EH 12AX7 with an EH 12AT7. The 12AT7 reduced the gain and made the tone smooth and creamy. It shaved off the fuzzy character and really pulled the chords together with nice even harmonics. So for doing what the manufacturer claims it can do, making the sound of an over-driven tube preamp, I must rate this pedal as a " 10 ". The cool thing about anything that uses tubes is you can change tubes until you find your tone.(Don't do the tube swap if you are not aware of the precautions required when working on tube amps, you can get a real hot shock.) Feature: Has it's own easy to use noise gate, which really helps if you have a noisy setup, crappy cords and guitars. Always use the best cords with any gain setup. Comes with a wall wart otherwise that tube would eat up batteries too soon. It's heavy so it won't tip over or walk away. Ease of Use: Easy to use just like any other pedal, nothing extraordinary there. Quality: All metal, rugged foot-switch. Even the tube has a stainless steel holder so it is shielded and won't rattle. Value: Like I said, this pedal works as advertised Manufacturer Support: Haven't tried them. The Wow Factor: It looks good it's not a gaudy color or anything. Overall: It's a welcome addition to my pedal collection and will fill a gap I didn't know I had until now!

"a marvelous sounding high gain pedal" submitted February 17, 2013

By Paul A in McKinney, TX
Overall
Musical Background: decades playing, I probably have 16 pedals I love this pedal nothing replaces it
Music Style: heavy fusion everything from blues to metal, no country
Overall: Clearing the air a little bit. The EH tube this unit comes with sounds great, I love the thing myself. Has a better sound than most of my higher gain units. The idea you have to rip the tube out of this and ruin your warranty to have a great sounding pedal is a goose egg and half. If you want less gain why not just get the White overdrive model??? Seriously the white one is an overdrive model the red is a HIGH gain pedal. This unit has 100v internal plate voltage and I think it sounds great, helps if you know how to set the knobs. I do not use the "void"control which some wrongly define as a NR circuit. It chops up the sound for more palm mute chug if that is your thing. I find it sounds better off. Seriously, the best sounding Zeppelin or ZZ type tones ever. One of the best gain pedals there is, not an over the top fizz fest but real body, thick low end and great sound. For the money it is steal.

"All Hail The Great Tube King!" submitted January 19, 2010

By a customer from att.net
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: Truly the best distortion pedal I've ever owned. Perfect for metal tones. I use mine with my Marshall JCM 2000 that I also bought from zZounds. I kills the Ultra Gain channel on the Marshall. I've owned just about every distortion pedal like; Metal Muff, Keeley DS1, MXR Dis III, Hardwire Metal, Tube Screamer TS-808, Boss Metal and so on. None are worthy enough to be on my pedal board with my Tube King! It even kills my TS808 on the Ultra Gain channel. Tube Screamer is ok but it gets noisy if you add overdrive to a gain channel. Tube King not only gets filthy - it also cleans up the unwanted noise with the built in gate. A must have for any metal guitarist. Feature: Hi Gain tube distortion ad a noise gate seals the deal! Ease of Use: Not to hard to use a distortion pedal.. Quality: Built to last. Solid metal housing. Built like a tank. Value: Invaluable! Priceless! Manufacturer Support: You wont need it. The Wow Factor: I've got it and from zZounds! The most underrated music retailer on the net! Overall: Perfect cant be better. I can live without it now. My search is finally over. Thank you Ibanez and zZounds. Now I can thrash and my tone leaves nothing to be desired!

"Great... but AFTER a tube swap!" submitted January 16, 2009

Musical Background: Paid, working musician
Music Style: Hard rock, blues, classic metal
Sound: In stock form, this is a heavy metal player's pedal, as noted on page 1 of the manual. If you are a true connoisseur of tubes with real life experience, you will hate this pedal in stock form. The junk Chinese 12AX7 is shrill, brittle and has no headroom. Even with the gain at 50 percent, it's distorted enough to play most any heavy metal. If you want to improve the sound TENFOLD, give the stock tube to one of your tone deaf buddies and install a 5751. It's 30 percent less on the gain scale than a 12AX7 and alive with warmth, character, headroom and more clarity than you can imagine. Plus it still gets distorted enough to do anything you want. This pedal did not impress me in the slightest until I did this, and once I did, it was night and day. Ease of Use: Plug & play! Quality: It's built like a brick outhouse, has good switching components and is an excellent value. But if you have any taste or experience with tone, scrap the junk Chinese 12AX7 in favor of a 5751. Even an EH or Tesla 12AX7 is too hot in this pedal, IMHO. Value: Great value! Overall: If you're a blues player, or versatile in what kind of rock you play, BE PREPARED TO SWAP TUBES. Keep in mind it's easy and not expensive. If you get this thinking it's a tube amp in a box, not even close in character without a swap!
22 of 29 people (75.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 172Z-6RBB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976